Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 12

Comments

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,956

Thanks Horo

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069
    edited January 2022

The camera with the EWL is within a reflecting and partly transparent gemstone (a geodesic sphere) with some bump pattern. Light and colour by an HDRI.

Inside Bucky

InsideBucky.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 402K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • adbcadbc Posts: 3,076

mermaid : wow, outstanding render, beautiful atmosphere.

Horo : great abstract, I like the colours and the EWL effect.

• huberthubert Posts: 410
    edited January 2022

Rembrandt, Hansmar, Horo, mermaid, adbc: Some great landscape (resp. still life) images that I missed.

Horo: Your waterfall image is wonderful (great job with the water effects). And a wild sorta kaleidoscopic abstract.

Horo, mermaid: Cool Sci-Fi places. -- Definitely worth a visit! Got a surplus fast spaceship for me?  ;)

Post edited by hubert on

Horo - excellent abstract, it's a beauty.

Thanks Adbc and Hubert, if you find a spaceship Hubert please invite me. wink

Thank you adbc, hubert and mermaid.

• Rembrandt_2647480Rembrandt_2647480 Posts: 113
    edited January 2022

Thank you all for the comments.

Horo - Beautifull waterfall render. I especially like the materials. Material making is still a bit of a mystery for me but give me ten years and maybe I'll get there. The space scene is very well done!

adbc - That fog is awesome! It gives the whole scene just that touch of creepyness it needs. Well done that man!

Mermaid - When I look at that render I get the feeling I need to get out into outher space a bit more. Very inspiring and very well done!

------

I have been looking over the logbook of the Erasmus and I am glad I remembered correctly, the Erasmus indeed met with the HMS Victory on the coast of Patagonia.

Our captain visited the Victory and its captain, Lord Horo of Bryce from Rendering Manor. A succesfull meeting at which both captains exchanged information and bottles of whiskey and jenever and -much later- parted as good friends and drinking buddies.

Yes, I know, I like to give my renders a bit of a background story.

This was a fairly standard render. The basalt in the foreground is from Pro landscapes, bushes are tops from standard trees. The birds are a 2d picture object.

edit: typo's (yet again)

Post edited by Rembrandt_2647480 on

Rembrandt - thank you. Very nice early morning scene on the coast with the two ships. Good to hear (read) that the captains had a drink together.

hubert, Rembrandt : thank you.

Rembrandt : Very beautiful scene, the lighting is awesome. 

Rembrandt - thanks. Beautiful scene, I love your story with each render.

• Thank you all for the comments.

---------

I

I must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,

And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by;

And the wheel’s kick and the wind’s song and the white sail’s shaking,

And a grey mist on the sea’s face, and a grey dawn breaking.

I must go down to the seas again, for the call of the running tide

Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied;

And all I ask is a windy day with the white clouds flying,

And the flung spray and the blown spume, and the sea-gulls crying.

I must go down to the seas again, to the vagrant gypsy life,

To the gull’s way and the whale’s way where the wind’s like a whetted knife;

And all I ask is a merry yarn from a laughing fellow-rover,

And quiet sleep and a sweet dream when the long trick’s over.

I had some time today to look into Gaea and I used the free version to make some dune landscapes when I realised these terrains are marvelous for seawater.

From there, this render was a small step. The camera close to the waves just begged for "a tall ship" on a collision course. Sprinkle some 2d seaguls near the stern and this is the result.

Sometimes Bryce renders aren't created, they make themselves.

---

PS: The poem is Sea-fever by John Masefield.

Rembrandt - beautiful render I like the POV, and the wavy sea. Very nice poem, till I read the PS I thought it was yours.smiley

Rembrandt : again a very good image, the sea is beautiful, the position of the camera makes it more interesting.

Rembrandt - very nicely done. The poem, same for me like mermaid.

edited January 2022

Rembrandt: A wonderful scene in your post from 13th. I love its magical atmosphere and lighting. Also the accompanying Horror... ehm Horo story.  ;)

Post edited by hubert on
    edited January 2022

It’s easy to put together a scene when you have the right tools. A render using an Island from the High Resolution set 3, lighting from Landscapes under Fantastic Skies, the boat a freebie.

x1-fantasy.jpg
    900 x 600 - 92K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on

mermaid - really a very nice scene in these colours. I'm not sure about the size of the boat. Maybe 1/2 or 3/4 of the present size might be better. However, I always struggle with the size so don't take my suggestion too seriously.

mermaid: A very moody image with beautiful coloring and great terrain+water mats. Dito Horo about the size of the boat, it seems too big to me. I'd like to see a direct comparison with only 2/3 of its current size.No criticism intended, just my very personal impression. -- The scale of imported objects to fit into a scene is always tricky. That's why *I* prefer doing abstract images instead. ;)

edited January 2022

Thanks Horo and Hubert for the comments and suggestions, criticism are most welcomewink. Scaling and composition in general are my drawbacks that is why I mainly settle  for "simple" scenes.

edited January 2022

mermaid : beautiful scene, I like the colours. I agree with Horo and hubert about the size of the boat, I noticed it after reading their comments.

Post edited by adbc on
    edited January 2022

Thanks Adbc

A re-render of my scene, hopeful I got the size right.

x1-fantasy2.jpg
    900 x 600 - 354K

mermaid - I find it much better.

Mermaid - I love what you did with that sky. That render has a very high wish-I-had-been-there index. Getting the scale right is -indeed- sometimes problematic. Trial and error is my preferred method and it sometimes amazes me how much of a difference this can make to a render.

Good renders are all about details.

------------------

From the logbook of the Erasmus:

Friday, 16 march.

Clear and cold day.

Sailed close to port Egmont, a new English colony settlement on Malvina islands which are now called Falkland islands accordig to the captain of an English ship we met last week.

We did not enter port or make landfall but sailed further south along the coast.

Saw many seabirds called penguyns. According to doctor Cornelius van der Decken who studied birds at Leiden university, they do not fly at all but only swim and walk on land.

The first mate had some fun ordering the cabin boy on the lookout for polar bears. At sunset the boy was proud to report he had seen none.

As an experiment I imported some terrain from Gaea. The sea is also an imported terrain with water material applied.

All imported terrain looks a bit cluncky close up. Mesh editing helps some but can be a timeconsuming procedure.

Kept the sky simple.

And speaking of scale, the penguins in the foreground made the terrain look much smaller in size than without them. Still, I think I got away with it this time.

The birds are -as always- a 2d picture object.

Rembrandt - well done scene and nice story. The terrain looks good in this size but in full size the low poly count becomes obvious. Have you used the terrain with max resolution (4096)?

Rembrandt : the story goes on, and the nice images as well, great render.

Thanks Horo

Rembrandt - an excellent render, the penguins add a new nice touch. Thanks for the comment.

mermaid : I missed your last image, I think it's perfect now, the sky is really awesome.

mermaid: I like your 2nd version with the smaller boat much better. Also its smoother (imo less busy) sky.

Rembrandt: Great composition and mats. Nice touch with the penguins.

Thanks Adbc and Hubert

Horo - The max reslolution does help -thank you- but it is still a bit cluncky.

------

From a report to the Den Haag antropologisch genootschap from professor Tiberius de Vries, aboard the exploration vessel Erasmus.

...and met with a Portugese bandeirante named Antonio Raposo Tavares some days inland from the village of Sao Paulo.

He was the leader of an expedition who -so he said- had traveled to the very source of the river Amazonas looking for plunder, gold and slaves. His expeditionary force was in a pittyfull state with only 59 traders left from the original 200 he said had accompanied him on his journey inland.

He cautioned against us going too far upstream where we would only meet mosquitos, hostile Indians and illnesses of every kind.

Seeing the sorry state of his men, we agreed to assist and follow him back to Sao Paulo and once again board the Erasmus, which was due to arrive somewhere in the next three weeks to pick us up.

That would give me the time to sort and order the notes and specimen I had taken.

A bit of Erasmus without the ship itself.

Just a quicky, this one. The terrain is a one-piece valley from Gaea. The mountain in the background I had still lying around somewhere**.

The steam rising is a half buried cloud slab.

The birds, ah well...

** This is not something you get to say very often.wink

---

With Bryce we have a wonderfull instrument to just relax, experiment and make beautifull creations and also a powerfull tool for telling our little stories.

It is so sad that it doesn't get the attention anymore that this brilliant piece of software deserves.

This discussion has been closed.