DAZ Studio 4.5 RC 3 Is Now Available for Download

Comments

• Sphinx MagooSphinx Magoo Posts: 572
    edited December 1969

Just checking in and wondering if anyone else has reported problems opening a previously saved file and the textures on the meshes appear incorrectly. They look as though they were mapped for for a different figure type than what they're really for. For example, a Michael 5 map looks as though it was mapped for Victoria 4 or something.

Definitely not a feature I'd want for the final version. ;-)

Has it been reported or should I submit a new bug report?

Thanks!

edited December 1969

Another bug I found...
    I locked the Shaping settings I currently have on a figure. I save the figure and exit DS4.5C. I open DS4.5C and reload the figure. The locked Shape parameters are still locked but they've been reset to 0.0.

Has anyone else run across this?

Thanks!

edited December 1969

Yet another bug I found...

Playing with the Wicked Cape on a female Genesis figure. I apply the red velvet Shader from the Supersuit set to the main cape and the cape collar. I select a different material zone on the cape and DS4.5C freezes. The sanddial shows up and doesn't unlock no matter how much time I give it to to work out its glitches.

I guess I should fill out a bug report?

:cheese:

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

Please put all DS bugs in the bug tracker (http:\\bugs.daz3d.com) under the DAZ Studio 4 project.

• peteVaultpeteVault Posts: 308
    edited December 1969

Here is a video clip that shows various tests done in 4.5. So far, I'm quite satisfied.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvmxzYjeOmI&feature=youtu.be

edited December 1969

Please put all DS bugs in the bug tracker (http:\\bugs.daz3d.com) under the DAZ Studio 4 project.

I would, but I can't log in. Even when I try to make a new account, it complains and doesn't allow me to continue.

I have some big bugs to report in Carrara 8.5c too.

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

According to the change log, you're working on the Pending Release (4.5.0.92 and onward). Time-frame in weeks now, instead of months?

• ReDaveReDave Posts: 815
    edited August 2012

Can't save a character preset for V4 (EZ in this case, not that it matters) on which I dialed one morph. I don't think I ever used that morph on this computer. This will be a problem going forward.

Post edited by ReDave on
  • MorpheonMorpheon Posts: 738
    edited August 2012

I'm using DS4P RC3, and overall, I'm really liking it. However, I just bought the new "Addison" character for V4 and Genesis, and noticed that she has no nipples. When I went to the Shaping tab to apply some, I found that the dials for the nipple and areola were gone (except for "nipples diameter", which doesn't do a whole lot with the nipple being gone and all). I reinstalled all of my Genesis morphs, thinking that maybe some of them got goofed up with the RC3 install, but even that doesn't bring the missing morphs back. Is anyone else having this issue?

*** A few minutes later ***

Hey, I just noticed that Genesis now has two "genital bulge" options! Was this the trade-off for my missing nipple and areola morphs? :)

*** A few more minutes later ***

O.K., found the missing morphs buried deep in the Parameters tab. They're still there, and they still work -- they're just not available in the Shaping tab in DS4P 4.5 RC3 for some reason.

Post edited by Morpheon on
  • Virtual MediaVirtual Media Posts: 85
    edited December 1969

Getting a 'Unable to connect with Pixologic ZBrush check the installation' error.

Running 4.5 RC 3 and ZBrush 4R4, I mapped ZBrush to DS in preferences, reinstalled GOZ, restarted both apps and rebooted multiple times.

Any help would be appreciated.

• creativemodelsbecreativemodelsbe Posts: 0
    edited August 2012

Getting a 'Unable to connect with Pixologic ZBrush check the installation' error.

Running 4.5 RC 3 and ZBrush 4R4, I mapped ZBrush to DS in preferences, reinstalled GOZ, restarted both apps and rebooted multiple times.

Any help would be appreciated.

zbrush plugin isn't working with the RC versions, it will only work at final version release.
    and at that time i guess ZB5 is all ready launched and the plugin need some changes again and again and again.

Post edited by creativemodelsbe on
  • KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

Just a quick FYI: I've been using DSP4.5-RC3 without any trouble, but on just one computer -- until this weekend I hadn't had a chance to try the "open anywhere that has the content" feature of the new .duf format. So I was at my Mom's with my Documents/DAZ 3D backed up on a portable drive, and I installed DSP4.5-RC3 and copied my installed content over. Then I clicked on one of .duf files I'd recently made on my own computer, and it opened perfectly on Mom's! Rendered without a hitch even!

I spend a lot of time at my Mom's, and it's always been difficult (when not outright impossible) to work on a project at both her place and mine. Now I can -- thanks, DAZ!

• MKeyesMKeyes Posts: 466
    edited December 1969

I hate being a misery guts, but..... I so so so miss my plugins! I installed it once, missed them, uninstalled and put 4.0 back in. Then hubby wanted to go with using it and make a scene with our book characters, and 4.5 does allow that, sharing of custom made characters to share with someone who has matching content.

Well now... I wanna do a reality render and can't... how much longer is 4.5 going to go without being able to use plugins like Reality & Lux? In truth, that's the only one I miss right now.

Just thought I'd ask... :long:

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I miss Atmospheric Cameras. Since I have pwXXXXX going I'm pretty happy, but still... :sick:

I will say DS4.5RC3 *blazes* on my new i5 laptop! And the HD Graphics 3000 work fine for the viewport in OpenGL. :coolsmile:

• fruitwortfruitwort Posts: 0
    edited August 2012

I've just discovered that my GenX tab has vanished and all attempts to re-load it have failed.

I note there is a brief mention at the start of this thread that you guys are disowning all responsibity as it is down to the Vendor - Dimension 3d.

It worked fine on 4.0 when I bought it (note: I paid for this!) but it seems that my version of 4.5.0.49 Pro Edition (64-bit) when installed, lost it.

I have downloaded 4.5.0.90_Win64 but am reluctant to install this until whatever is going on has been settled.

What is going on?

Post edited by fruitwort on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

fruitwort said:
    I've just discovered that my GenX tab has vanished and all attempts to re-load it have failed.

I note there is a brief mention at the start of this thread that you guys are disowning all responsibity as it is down to the Vendor - Dimension 3d.

It worked fine on 4.0 when I bought it (note: I paid for this!) but it seems that my version of 4.5.0.49 Pro Edition (64-bit) when installed, lost it.

I have downloaded 4.5.0.90_Win64 but am reluctant to install this until whatever is going on has been settled.

What is going on?

Plugins need to be recompiled for 4.5, and the SDK won't be final until full release. Blaine Furner has said it won't be long now, so the plugins should start getting updated shortly.

• fruitwortfruitwort Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I think that is good news, fixmypcmike - thank you! :-)

• MKeyesMKeyes Posts: 466
    edited December 1969

fruitwort said:

What is going on?

Plugins need to be recompiled for 4.5, and the SDK won't be final until full release. Blaine Furner has said it won't be long now, so the plugins should start getting updated shortly.

Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes!!!!

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890
    edited December 1969

I'm really going to like round-trip FBX but am I doing to have to worry about changed file formats (not FBX file formats) in my Libraries between DS 4 Studio RC3 and Final Release?

Do I need to find my serial numbers or will Final Release just use those already in the registry for DS Studio Pro 4 (Windows 7 x64)?

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,140
    edited December 1969

All seems fine from my end of things.. just want more undo is all! Yea, I know, nag nag nag.... :P

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited December 1969

...OK kind of late and not about to slog though eight pages so if the questions below are redundant, with earlier comments here, please excuse.

1. What is the current state of plugins like LDP, MoodMaster, MotionMaster, and ahEnvironment?
    2. What will this do to one's Studio4Pro installation?
    3. What is the current state of the Studio4.5 -> Bryce7Pro Bridge?
    4. What is the current state of the Studio4.5 -> Carrara8Pro Bridge?
    5. What (if any) changes are there to the minimum system requirements?
    6. Have there been any improvements to the AutoFit tool?

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

I can say that autofit has improved a LOT. And Push Modifier has made my life oh so much better.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited December 1969

...does it still have issues with shoes, boots, and gloves?

edited August 2012

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...does it still have issues with shoes, boots, and gloves?

Got any specific set you'd like me to test it on? (Warning: I may not have everything, so list couple of popular ones and I give it a go.) Overall, from what I've been testing with Gen 3 and Gen 4 clothes, things seem pretty neat.

Post edited by Skiriki on
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...OK kind of late and not about to slog though eight pages so if the questions below are redundant, with earlier comments here, please excuse.

1. What is the current state of plugins like LDP, MoodMaster, MotionMaster, and ahEnvironment?
    2. What will this do to one's Studio4Pro installation?
    3. What is the current state of the Studio4.5 -> Bryce7Pro Bridge?
    4. What is the current state of the Studio4.5 -> Carrara8Pro Bridge?
    5. What (if any) changes are there to the minimum system requirements?
    6. Have there been any improvements to the AutoFit tool?

1- no info
    2- just better
    3- works great
    4- no such thing
    5- same as 4.0
    6- works good - could be better

edited December 1969

IIRC wasn't there a problem with old versions where an older Genesis save does not get the new morphs installed after it has been saved? Well...

I just noticed -- at least in my version, new morphs for Genesis show up even for old character saves. I had saved my work from yesterday, installed Gorilla and Rhinoman today, and then loaded my yesterday's work to continue working on it. Both Gorilla and Rhinoman are now available morphs!

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,140
    edited December 1969

Hmmm. just converted a pair of shoes to Genesis using the V4 fitting technique that was told to me. Works great but of course it's an older set so no DS mats for it (Miss DeeAnna J) so used Shaders instead. I've noticed that the shader tiling, while it works, the preview is not updating to show the new size when tiling up or down. Not sure if this is a bug or not but I tried about 4 shaders that use textures and none are doing real time updates as I move the slider back and forth.

Can someone test this out and let me know so I can make a bug report if needed??

• WiseavatarWiseavatar Posts: 33
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Hmmm. just converted a pair of shoes to Genesis using the V4 fitting technique that was told to me. Works great but of course it's an older set so no DS mats for it (Miss DeeAnna J) so used Shaders instead. I've noticed that the shader tiling, while it works, the preview is not updating to show the new size when tiling up or down. Not sure if this is a bug or not but I tried about 4 shaders that use textures and none are doing real time updates as I move the slider back and forth.

Can someone test this out and let me know so I can make a bug report if needed??

If the shader was ubersurface then the preview doesnt update with the tiling.

Daz default shader (to my knowledge) is the only one that shows the effect of tiling in the preview.

• edited December 1969

Does anyone have a work around so daz 4.5 doesn't uninstall 4.0.37?

I would run it within a virtual machine, but virtual box doesn't support the openGLl it needs - at least last time I checked.

edited August 2012

Kendall had this script-thingie which allowed the two to co-exist, plus instructions to how to do it. Recommended to skilled users only, as it requires scary mucking about in Windows' registry.

AHA! Here is the how-to.

Post edited by Skiriki on
This discussion has been closed.