V4 Skins Batch Converter to Genesis 2 Female.....

jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
edited December 1969 in The Commons

One word....

BRILLIANT!!!!

ok ok, three more words.... THANK YOU DRAAGONSTORM!!!!

Anyone mind if I nominate Draagonstorm for the title of GREATEST PERSON EVER!!!!?

Comments

• Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562
    edited December 1969

I was looking at this too, but paused on purchasing because of this in the product description:

What's Included and Features
    M4 Skins Batch Converter to Genesis 2 Male(s) Scripts: (.DSE)
    Conversion Script
    Ear Fix
    Scene (.DUF)
    Load G2F only

Can you confirm that the V4 version actually included the V4 scripts?

• DraagonStormDraagonStorm Posts: 748
    edited December 1969

Legionair said:
    I was looking at this too, but paused on purchasing because of this in the product description:

What's Included and Features
    M4 Skins Batch Converter to Genesis 2 Male(s) Scripts: (.DSE)
    Conversion Script
    Ear Fix
    Scene (.DUF)
    Load G2F only

Can you confirm that the V4 version actually included the V4 scripts?

Typo in the Product page...It contains V4 Skins Batch Converter to Genesis 2 Female(s)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711
    edited December 1969

I think it is safe to say DAZ screwed up the description re-using the brother product's one

edited December 1969

Thanks, that's what I figured. Just wanted to make sure. I only have a handful of M4 skins compared to the number of V4s...

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142
    edited December 1969

and I the opposite. I have tons of M4 skins so this will be great for batch converting them over to the G2M pool. Thanks so much for this script.

edited December 1969

Purchased and doing a try out conversion right now.

I do have one request... Is it possible to have a status indicator? I know a progress indicator would be difficult (or impossible). But it would be nice to have a small box that says "Processing" while the script is running. Then changes to "Idle" or something like that.

I only ask because the first try out I received an unrelated error message (duplicate formulas). When I clicked on that, I thought the script had crashed because it was sitting idle. Then it kicked in a moment later. As you can imagine, my clicking around caused havoc.

(I think the script pauses are a result of Reality 4. I get the same slow downs when ever I introduce a new figure.)

edited December 1969

Nevermind... I see that when it finished, the Done dialogue popped up. :)

• ameesa001@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 282
    edited December 1969

Bought both without a second thought. I have so many skins I want to convert and find the task tedious. Thank You!!!

edited December 1969

Legionair said:

There's also a dial, lower right corner, that increments as it is processing the material presets.

edited December 1969

Legionair said:

There's also a dial, lower right corner, that increments as it is processing the material presets.

Ah, thanks. I didn't stare at it long enough. I queued up and then switched computers.

• BBlogoBBlogo Posts: 54
    edited December 1969

I would like to have some more precisions :

What is the converted materiel presets format file ? DS (.duf) or Poser (still a .pz2)
    And what about Poser mc6 presets ? I have no more materiel presets in pz2 format in my library because I have converted all of them to mc6.

edited December 1969

bblogoss said:

What is the converted materiel presets format file ? DS (.duf) or Poser (still a .pz2)
    And what about Poser mc6 presets ? I have no more materiel presets in pz2 format in my library because I have converted all of them to mc6.

The converted material preset format is .duf.

Not being a Poser user myself, I completely forgot about the .mc6 format.. I'll have to look into that and see what it would take to include that format.

edited December 1969

FYI for those with Reality 4...

I went into Help, Plug Ins and turned off Reality. Then shutdown and restarted DS. There's a considerable increase in conversion speed now.

edited December 1969

Legionair said:

I went into Help, Plug Ins and turned off Reality. Then shutdown and restarted DS. There's a considerable increase in conversion speed now.

Thank you! ... Just running a test for mc6 support and noticed how slow it was converting... Thought it was the new 4.7, as I wrote and tested this in the previous DS version.. But I had just installed Reality 4 this morning...

Wonder how many other things Reality 4 is slowing down?

edited December 1969

Converting my first skin now, I'm so EXCITED! I finally bought the Genx2 morphs converter this week, thanks to the resource sale pricing, and now with this skin converter, I'll be putting a lot of my old V4 and M4 friends back to good use.

edited December 1969

Legionair said:

Thank you! ... Just running a test for mc6 support and noticed how slow it was converting... Thought it was the new 4.7, as I wrote and tested this in the previous DS version.. But I had just installed Reality 4 this morning...

I believe the slow down is related to the materials being populated when a new figure / texture is loaded. The longest slow down I have had so far was related to Urban Sprawl 2. The shapes themselves aren't that complicated, but there are a lot of textures involved.

In that case it took about ten minutes but, in Reality's defense, that was on my laptop. When I loaded the same set on my desktop it took less than a minute.

edited December 1969

Ameesa said:
    Converting my first skin now, I'm so EXCITED! I finally bought the Genx2 morphs converter this week, thanks to the resource sale pricing, and now with this skin converter, I'll be putting a lot of my old V4 and M4 friends back to good use.

It makes me feel good when people get excited from something something I've written :)

Would love to see the results!

• somefunoksomefunok Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

I know this is probably a really stupid question but what' the difference between this and the V4 Skins Auto Converter?

• BBlogoBBlogo Posts: 54
    edited December 1969

bblogoss said:

The converted material preset format is .duf.

Not being a Poser user myself, I completely forgot about the .mc6 format.. I'll have to look into that and see what it would take to include that format.

Conversion in DS file format that's great. Hope to see an update for Poser material collections (mc6) possible and soon.
    Anyway I can still reverse back convert my mc6 files to pz2 before the final conversion to G2.
    On my Shopping Cart now ;)

edited December 1969

somefunok said:
    I know this is probably a really stupid question but what' the difference between this and the V4 Skins Auto Converter?

That version let's you load ONE .ds, .dsb or .pz2 file onto Genesis 2 Female. It also does not save the .duf file for you.

Where this will BATCH convert a lot of files at one time, placing new .duf file formats where you want them for later use. And if you select a whole folder... It will convert all the material presets in that folder and it's subfolders... While maintaining the folder structure to where you want the new .duf files saved to... Takes the tediousness out of converting the files.

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

I got them both! I only have more V4 skins than M4 skins because V4 has been around forever. Can't wait to get started converting. Am in the middle of redoing everything and this will complete the organizational process perfectly. Thank you!

• SuperdogSuperdog Posts: 765
    edited December 2014

This sounds like a great piece of kit. I have a few questions that I hope you can answer.

1. Will the batch converter locate V4/M4 skins in the runtime automatically or is this a manual process?

2. When it saves the .duf conversion will it show up in my Content and Smart Content library in the G2M/F folders?

3. Will it create a thumbnail .jpg to show what's in each folder?

4. What software do I need to save the M4/V4 morphs to G2M/F?

5. Is there a way to save each M4/V4 figures skins and morphs in the same folder so that everything is in one place and each figure has its own folder in the Content/Smart Content library?

Apologies in advance for so many questions!

Post edited by Superdog on
    edited December 1969

Superdog said:
    This sounds like a great piece of kit. I have a few questions that I hope you can answer.

1. Will the batch converter locate V4/M4 skins in the runtime automatically or is this a manual process?

2. When it saves the .duf conversion will it show up in my Content and Smart Content library in the G2M/F folders?

3. Will it make a .jpg to show what's in each folder?

4. What software do I need to save the M4/V4 morphs to G2M/F?

5. Is there a way to save each M4/V4 figures skins and morphs in the same folder so that everything is in one place and each figure has its own folder in the Content/Smart Content library?

Apologies in advance for so many questions!

#1. No, you need to locate them yourself

#2. They will show up in your Content if that's where you said to save them. No they will not be in your Smart Content library.

#3. The script copies over the original thumbnail (.png file) in the folder with the .duf file.

#4. Check out Dimension3D's store http://www.daz3d.com/dimension3d# I'm not sure of the exact path for Gen4 to Genesis 2

#5. If you select to convert a 'Folder and it's Subfolders", the script will create a subfolder where you selected to save the conversions named the same as the Folder you selected, and then create the subfolders in the same structure. Again Smart Content is not supported. And I can't tell you what D3D's products do.

edited December 1969

Legionair said:
    Legionair said:

I believe the slow down is related to the materials being populated when a new figure / texture is loaded. The longest slow down I have had so far was related to Urban Sprawl 2. The shapes themselves aren't that complicated, but there are a lot of textures involved.

In that case it took about ten minutes but, in Reality's defense, that was on my laptop. When I loaded the same set on my desktop it took less than a minute.

Did you have a previous version of Reality installed? I did, and found that the old .dll had not been deleted.. which was causing all kinds of problems! Once I deleted that things are loading faster.. Haven't turned Reality back on yet to see if that was part of the issue also.

edited December 1969

I do have Reality 2.5 installed but I turned that one off as well.

I am hesitant to completely remove 2.5 as I haven't had 4 installed long enough to have a warm and fuzzy about it.

I am eager to get home and try doing the conversion on my desktop, but unfortunately I still have a few hours and a busy night ahead.

Right now I am just trying to sort through which V4 skins will convert and which will not. Sabby's material poses have given me a bit of a headache as some will convert and some will not. I think it is because a lot of them are Poser specific.

edited December 1969

Legionair said:

I am hesitant to completely remove 2.5 as I haven't had 4 installed long enough to have a warm and fuzzy about it.

I am eager to get home and try doing the conversion on my desktop, but unfortunately I still have a few hours and a busy night ahead.

Right now I am just trying to sort through which V4 skins will convert and which will not. Sabby's material poses have given me a bit of a headache as some will convert and some will not. I think it is because a lot of them are Poser specific.

In what way "will convert and will not" do you mean?

edited December 1969

Legionair said:

Keep in mind that I believe the problem is on my side, not with the script. I think I picked a directory with a mix of Poser and DS files.

Before I can really explain it, I need to find a texture set that we have in common... Do you happen to have Sabby's Hope, Lalia or Sisters? They would be under Runtime\Libraries\Pose\!Sabby

edited December 1969

Ameesa said:

It makes me feel good when people get excited from something something I've written :)

Would love to see the results!
    I'll make a render when I get home from work. All I had time for was the conversion and a quick look at results.

edited December 2014

Legionair said:
    Legionair said:

Keep in mind that I believe the problem is on my side, not with the script. I think I picked a directory with a mix of Poser and DS files.

Before I can really explain it, I need to find a texture set that we have in common... Do you happen to have Sabby's Hope, Lalia or Sisters? They would be under Runtime\Libraries\Pose\!Sabby

I don't have any of Sabby's characters. But if you select a folder, or files that have both (.ds or .dsa) and .pz2 files, the script will select the daz .ds or .dsa files and ignore the .pz2 files. (The script can not convert .dsb files. DS script is unable to unencrypt that format)

Do note that there are no 'special' tweaks to make a Poser .pz2 file look better in DS in the script. It just takes what settings are there and assigns what it can.

Post edited by DraagonStorm on