Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 12

Comments

• Rembrandt_2647480Rembrandt_2647480 Posts: 113
    edited January 2022

Horo - How perceptive! I am currently reading The mammoth book of new Jules Verne stories, by Mike Ashley. In the meanwhile, I am planning on perhaps doing a series of renders inspired by the writer Jack Vance.

Well, we can't expect too much from a -all be it brilliant- piece of pre-Windows 95 software. I am still blown away by both the depth and ease of use of Bryce. (Could do with aan update though, wink wink nudge nudge)

Moving  mountains around and creating sunsets is just about the most fun anyone can have on his -or her- own.

Electro-Elvis - Your cave just hits all the right spots. Very well done. Those ripples in the water are a very clever detail! The lighting is excactly right for this scene.

adbc- Your rocks make for a very realistic scene. I like them very very much indeed.

-------------

"Foggy mountain breakdown"

Positioning a cloud-slab just right, makes all the difference.

Post edited by Rembrandt_2647480 on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,754
    edited January 2022

Hello all, this is a test to see whether I can enter a comment, because I keep getting an error message: Incorrect string value: '\xF0\x9F\x98\x8A. But this works, so I'll try again!

Post edited by Hansmar on

Everybody: Best wishes for 2022!

Rembrandt, Wow, you keep turning out these wonderful renders, with our without Erasmus. Well done.

Adbc, very nice winter render. And an interesting rocky render too.

Mermaid: Very well made doodle.

Horo, interesting. I keep trying to decipher ‘2022’ in the foliage, but cannot find it wink

Electro-Elvis, What a pity that you are too late for the contest with this wonderful render. Very nice mood.

edited January 2022

I found it! there was a smiley in the Word text that I copied and that did not work.

Now some more renders from my side.

1. Same terrain as two previous ones, different sky and cloud slab, texture and POV.

2. Beach scene, based on a shore tutorial by David Brinnen. Severel Bryce terrains and a volumetric cloud slab from Pro cloudscapes (but I do not remember whether it is set 3 or 4)

And 3, a self made set of terrains with a few dead trees and Judy Kerr's hunter's camp (free at Renderosity). The lighting and sky is largely from a HDRI from CGAxis and some additional light from the sun.

P68_sky3_3.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 2M
    shore5.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
    dead tree valley.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 2M
    Post edited by Hansmar on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,104

adbc - thank you. Very cool idea to transform spheres into rocks. The added vegetation completes this nice scene.

Rembrandt - great mountain scene. The rising fog looks very realistic.

Hansmar - thank you. Three very nice renders. The clouds in the first are awesome, the surf in the second is excellent and the third has a great terrain and is my favorite.

• @Horo, adbc, Rembrandt, Hansmar: Thanks a lot for your kind comments.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,092

Rembrandt, Hansmar, Horo : thank you.

Rembrandt : Again a wonderful picture with the cloud slab on the right spot.

Hansmar : three wonderful renders, the first one has awesome clouds. The waves close to the rocks on the beach scene are very well done. The last one has my preference, the terrains with the dead trees is a very good combination, great atmosphere too.

• Hansmar - The beach scene does indeed have the right cloud slab to go with it. Well done. Also a very nice terraced landscape in render 3.

-----------

Speaking of cloud slabs, I am having so much fun moving clouds around that I am neglecting the crew of the Erasmus for a bit.

This one is called "Here grows a happy little slab"

Remember, "there are no mistakes, only happy little accidents."

(Mind you, my father also used to say that to me and then look at me in a funny way...)

Rembrandt - looks great, I like the waterfall.

Rembrandt : beautiful mountain scene and waterfall.

edited January 2022

The terrain is from the Crater Construction Kit (author unknown) with a material assembled from High Resolution Terrains 2 & 4, the ship is HMS Victory, the wake a terrain, the water in the atoll a 2D-Disk and the sea water has a material from HRT 4, the ambient light by the Marmorera_SD HDRI (also from HRT 4).

Exit Atoll

ExitAtoll.jpg
    1600 x 600 - 240K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,981
    edited January 2022

Horo – awesome tree, I like the translucency of the foliage. The Exit Atoll is well done.

Rembrandt – Thanks, the text is a Photoshop height map on a terrain. All your renders are outstanding, awesome materials and perfect lighting in all, the waterfall in the last render is superb.

Electro-Elvis – superb render, the lighting is perfect, love the ripples and waterfall; sad you missed the challenge.

Adbc – very nice scene nice material and atmosphere.

Hansmar – beautiful renders, the seashore is awesome and I love the terrain and materials of the 3rd, did you stack terrains.

An Island from the High Resolution set 3. The Island in the background is a model by Herminio Nieves (ShareCG)

dx5.jpg
    1511 x 850 - 1M
    Post edited by mermaid010 on

mermaid - thank you. The island render looks great, nice idea with the small island in the distance.

Horo : beautiful scene with the ship, the terrain material and the water are awesome so is the lighting.

mermaid : thank you. The island render is a cool idea, nice atmosphere and reflection on the water.

• Rembrandt_2647480Rembrandt_2647480 Posts: 113
    edited January 2022

Horo - HMS Victory, hmm...I believe the Erasmus met her once on the coast of Patagonia. smiley That atol is just looking great. The waters are are done very well and the wake is perfect. Good lighting as well!

Mermaid - Islands are always a thankfull subject for good renders as you have proven  with this excelent example! (Also, see my comment on the end of this post).

Thank you all for the comments.

----

Time to go belowdeck and make a report to the captain of the Erasmus.

He is busy at work in his cabin, as shown in "The captains table".

TEST: 3d text:  ELEFONT

Freeware Elefont is no longer supported by its maker: Armanisoft | Software Development and Webdesign but can be had if you email him.

I am sure he wont mind me linking to it on my own directory, I just hope this works for you and my providers firewall doesn't kick you out.

Post edited by Rembrandt_2647480 on

adbc - thank you.

Rembrandt - thank you. Beautifully done captain's table.
    Yes Arminsoft stopped Elefont and Spiralizer quite a while ago. Both are almost 25 years old and but still usable even with Win10. I have both on my website: Raytracing > Tools.

Thanks Horo and Adbc and Rembrandt for your nice comments.

Rembrandt - magnificent render,  the lighting is awesome.

Regarding Elefont, I have this and Spiralizer which I downloaded from Horo's site years ago. I normally use the Elefont but for some reason I was getting funny shadows and dark areas, and couldn't understand why; after trying different lighting and renders options/settings, I tried a Photoshop height map and liked the result. Thanks for mentioning it.

Rembrandt : awesome render, beautiful lighting.

edited January 2022

The terrain is self made and the material used from High Resolution Terrains 2 & 4. The small lake is a 2D-Disk, the waterfall consists of three terrains and the water is yet another terrain. Everything with self made materials. Ambient light by a bit of Sky Dome and the WhiteSphere HDRI, the key light by the sun.

Small Watterfall

SmallWaterfall.jpg
    1200 x 810 - 283K
    Post edited by Horo on

Horo - beautiful render, great waterfalls and water materials

edited January 2022

Horo : great render, beautiful waterfall,water and terrain materials.

A fantasy landscape, Bryce terrains, free vegetation, the spider modeled with wings3D.

fantasy landscape.jpg
    800 x 600 - 71K
    Post edited by adbc on

mermaid - thank you.

adbc - thank you. Very nicely done scene, I like the fog on the ground very much.

Horo : thank you.

Adbc - beautiful landscape, I agree the fog is awesome

edited January 2022

The terrain is same as for the waterfall above and the material used from High Resolution Terrains 1 & 2, the stars from the Space Construction Kit, the Sky by the DS-Sky03 HDRI from Deep Space HDRI 2 and a bit of Cumulus clouds.

Distant World

DistantWorld.jpg
    1200 x 750 - 149K
    Post edited by Horo on

Wow Horo another outstanding render, magnificent work.

mermaid : thank you.

Horo : Excellent work, fantastic field of view.

Thank you mermaid and adbc.

edited January 2022

A space scene from the Deep Space Hdri 2

newhabitat.jpg
    1000 x 500 - 307K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on

mermaid - oh, very nicely done New Habitat scene on yet another distant world.

This discussion has been closed.