Celebrity Look-a-Likes for 3D figures part 3

Comments

• Haruchai said:

alamo4 said:

HID3D on Rendo is producing a series of really nice figures.   Others have noted the Amber Heard and Ana de Armas figures, but he has versions of Megan Fox (Transformers) and Krysten Ritter (Jessica Jones).  Overall I think his/her work is quite good.  I assume the other figures may be celebrities as well, just ones I do not recognize, particularly what seem likely to be Japanese celebrities.

Jessie is potentially Jessica Alba and, given the name, Selene would potentially be Kate Beckinsale

I'm a newbie lurker here, but I wanted to throw a guess for Jessie... Elizabeth Hurley. Also thanks for this site. Big help for a newbie to Daz.

• Haruchai said:

totocandy1 is giving away a head morph and textures of Charlotte McKinney.

Charlotte for FREE ( Gift for all ) by totocandy1 on DeviantArt

I found this really rely's on morphs I already have which is why it's free.

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,890
    edited January 2022

Magnusx69 said:

I hope someone can remove the 6 extra posts I made?
    Lol, I certainly didn't intend that.

I thought you might have had the hiccups while posting :) I just find 'em and post 'em where I can.

Post edited by Haruchai on
  • Was there ever a concensus on who CS-103 is ?
    (https://www.most-digital-creations.com/g3_g8_celebrity_series_103.htm)
    Steve.

• Daryl Hannah 

and

Jodi Ann Paterson release?

stephenschoon said:

Was there ever a concensus on who CS-103 is ?
    Steve.

After a lot of Googling and staring at people's eyebrows and eyes, (which Adam always gets spot on at the very least) it is Demi Moore.

• Darly Hannah and Jodi Ann Paterson release date?

• RayDAntRayDAnt Posts: 1,122

Haruchai said:

stephenschoon said:

Was there ever a concensus on who CS-103 is ?
    Steve.

After a lot of Googling and staring at people's eyebrows and eyes, (which Adam always gets spot on at the very least) it is Demi Moore.

Can't believe I missed that, although it has been a long long time since I last watched Ghost...

pandatomi77 said:

Darly Hannah and Jodi Ann Paterson release date?

???

Are you asking if anyone's knows of existing likenesses of either of them?

For Daryl Hannah, the ones I know of are:

Don't yet know of any for Jodie Ann Paterson - although no doubt multiple already exist...

• magikhsmagikhs Posts: 250

Which IRL celebrity/model would you guys say this chick looks like? StarByFace says Kendall Jenner and Kate Upton, but I'm not convinced...

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

magikhs said:

Which IRL celebrity/model would you guys say this chick looks like? StarByFace says Kendall Jenner and Kate Upton, but I'm not convinced...

Looks like a fan pic for a female X-men character (see belt buckle) in one of the hollywood designed costumes... so hard to guess... my choice would be Emma Frost, as there seems to be an action figure with an outfit that resembles the one on the picture... She was depicted in the movie X-men: First Class by January Jones

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,296

maikdecker said:

magikhs said:

She was depicted in the movie X-men: First Class by January Jones

Who made the curious decision not to act at all.  

• Didn't act by not being the actor or didn't act in the 'Charlton Heston' school of not acting? ;)

magnus1781 since last update

Viggo Mortensen

richardandtracy said:

Didn't act by not being the actor or didn't act in the 'Charlton Heston' school of not acting? ;)

Yes. A very definite "yes"

maikdecker said:

magikhs said:

Looks like a fan pic for a female X-men character (see belt buckle) in one of the hollywood designed costumes... so hard to guess... my choice would be Emma Frost, as there seems to be an action figure with an outfit that resembles the one on the picture... She was depicted in the movie X-men: First Class by January Jones

Close enough, it's fan art of the X-Men villainess Lady Mastermind, also a psychic like Emma Frost. People joke that between she, Emma, Magik and even Dazzler at some point, they're all blondes in very similar outfits and drawn similarly, that might as well be the same person. :D

Agreed about Ms. Jones, seems like she took the "cold" aspect of Emma Frost's character too far, by not having any expression in the movie LOL.

But my question is more about this painting in particular, say you wanted to recreate the image in DS, using a female celebrity - who would you choose? Which actress / model, in your opinion, looks like her???

maikdecker said:

magikhs said:

Close enough, it's fan art of the X-Men villainess Lady Mastermind, also a psychic like Emma Frost. People joke that between she, Emma, Magik and even Dazzler at some point, they're all blondes in very similar outfits and drawn similarly, that might as well be the same person. :D

Agreed about Ms. Jones, seems like she took the "cold" aspect of Emma Frost's character too far, by not having any expression in the movie LOL.

But my question is more about this painting in particular, say you wanted to recreate the image in DS, using a female celebrity - who would you choose? Which actress / model, in your opinion, looks like her???

richardandtracy said:

Didn't act by not being the actor or didn't act in the 'Charlton Heston' school of not acting? ;)

However you feel about his performances, what Charlton Heston did was at least identifiable as "acting". January Jones (at least in that movie, I haven't seen her in anything else) just read the lines in the flattest affect possible. It was a bad performance by any metric, but was especially annoying for the character of Emma, who is very sultry and conniving. I also personally don't think she's very attractive or sexy, making her an even worse fit for maybe the most overtly sexy character in X-Men, which is quite a high bar for comic books. 

• RayDAntRayDAnt Posts: 1,122
    edited January 2022

magikhs said:

maikdecker said:

magikhs said:

Off the top of my head, I'd probably start out with either Kat McNamara or Amber Heard. 

Post edited by RayDAnt on
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,807

Gordig said:

January Jones (at least in that movie, I haven't seen her in anything else) just read the lines in the flattest affect possible. It was a bad performance by any metric, but was especially annoying for the character of Emma, who is very sultry and conniving. I also personally don't think she's very attractive or sexy, making her an even worse fit for maybe the most overtly sexy character in X-Men, which is quite a high bar for comic books. 

Agree that Jones was woefully miscast and a total dud as Emma Frost.

She was actually really good in Mad Men, specifically in the 1st season. It was like watching a completely different actor.

RayDAnt said:

magikhs said:

maikdecker said:

magikhs said:

Off the top of my head, I'd probably start out with either Kat McNamara or Amber Heard. 

Interesting! I'll definitely give'em both a try, thxs! ;)

I'm now trying to nail down the pose and camera. 

edited January 2022

Hylas said:

Gordig said:

January Jones (at least in that movie, I haven't seen her in anything else) just read the lines in the flattest affect possible. It was a bad performance by any metric, but was especially annoying for the character of Emma, who is very sultry and conniving. I also personally don't think she's very attractive or sexy, making her an even worse fit for maybe the most overtly sexy character in X-Men, which is quite a high bar for comic books. 

She was actually really good in Mad Men, specifically in the 1st season. It was like watching a completely different actor.

I don't think J. Jones was miscast as Emma Frost, she looked the part of the icy blonde vixen, and I'd seen  her in other stuff, too, including Mad Men, and she's a decent actor!

Probably more to do with how she was written in the film. I.e - she also came across as Sebastian Shaw's smitten little "pet", and Emma's nobody's pet - she's very cunning and powerful on her own. And then also the "she's a cold b****" thing, which somehow translated into the actress not emoting a whole bunch.

Regardless, and unfortunately, the result was not good. :(

Storm also was a disaster in those movies, both casting and personality. I hope the MCU gets it right...

Post edited by magikhs on

magikhs said:

Hylas said:

Gordig said:

Storm also was a disaster in those movies, both casting and personality. I hope the MCU gets it right...

I hope you're referring to Halle Berry and not Alexandra Shipp, because I absolutely loved her as Storm.

edited January 2022

Gordig said:

I hope you're referring to Halle Berry and not Alexandra Shipp, because I absolutely loved her as Storm.

Huh, really? I thought they were both bad, tbh. With Halle it got a little, little bit better towards the end - especially in Days of Future Past (ironically, where she had the least screen time). 

When I think Storm, I think power, I think presence, regal strenght, leadership, confidence... and those qualities needs to come across the screen. I think Beyoncé, Grace Jones, Angela Bassett, Vanessa Williams... not this like sweet little thing, unsure of herself and piloting the X-Jet. Granted, I don't think either was given the right material to work with, so y'know, it's not a totally fair assessment...

Post edited by magikhs on

I have to wonder if we watched different movies, because I certainly never saw Shipp's Storm as being particularly sweet or unsure of herself. I agree about the material being the problem, though. Despite Apocalypse being my favorite X-Men movie, it's certainly not a perfect movie. I think Olivia Munn might have made a good Psylocke if she'd been given anything to do, as well.

Gordig said:

I think Olivia Munn might have made a good Psylocke if she'd been given anything to do, as well.

Olivia Munn was fantastic! yes 

magikhs said:

Being the special snowflake once again, as usual for me here, but I'd go with a slightly younger Nicole Kidman... the about 30-ish version from around the turn of the century/millenium, before that "Botox turned my face into stone" period.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,807

Way OT, but whatever, dream casting:

Emma: Charlize Theron
    Storm: Angela Bassett

or, if they need to be younger:

Emma: Abbey Lee
    Storm: [blanking right now]

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,956

All the X-Men movies I watched were disasters but I still watched the 1st 2 or 3, or was it 3 or 4. They were not even close to the excitement and personalities of the original comics.

Hylas said:

Way OT, but whatever, dream casting:

Emma: Charlize Theron
    Storm: Angela Bassett

or, if they need to be younger:

Emma: Abbey Lee
    Storm: [blanking right now]

Regina King would kill it as Storm, but that goes without saying, because she ALWAYS kills it.

• j cadej cade Posts: 2,310
    edited January 2022

magikhs said:

Hylas said:

Gordig said:

I don't think J. Jones was miscast as Emma Frost, she looked the part of the icy blonde vixen, and I'd seen  her in other stuff, too, including Mad Men, and she's a decent actor!

Probably more to do with how she was written in the film. I.e - she also came across as Sebastian Shaw's smitten little "pet", and Emma's nobody's pet - she's very cunning and powerful on her own. And then also the "she's a cold b****" thing, which somehow translated into the actress not emoting a whole bunch.

Regardless, and unfortunately, the result was not good. :(

Yeah. If an actor has previously demonstrated that they can act I generally assume the issue is more likely to be the direction or dialogue they were given.

For an excellent recent example compare Joel Kinneman in Suicide Squad vs... The Suicide Squad. Terrible in the former, great in the latter. And my guess it would have something to do with not having to deliver dialogue like

This is Katana. She's got my back. She can cut all of you in half with one sword stroke, just like mowing the lawn. I would advise not getting killed by her. Her sword traps the souls of its victims.

The ghosts of John Gielgud and Laurence Olivier combined couldn't make that line work.

Post edited by j cade on
This discussion has been closed.