Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 12

Comments

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,078

Horo : beautiful landscape, both resolutions are awesome.

Hansmar : your re-render with a different sky is cool and well done.

mermaid : wonderful 32:9 re-render of an island.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069

mermaid - thank you. Nice 32:9 aspect ratio scene, I find it a bit dark but that may have been what you wanted.

adbc - thank you.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,750

Horo, Mermaid, adbc, Thankks again.

Mermaid, Another nice 32:9 re-render. Also for me it is a bit dark. though the contrast between left and right is therefore very dramatic.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,956

Thanks Adbc, Horo and Hansmar - I also found it a bit dark at first but after adjusting the lighting I preferred this lighting.

edited December 2021

Two renders (second one 32:9), rocks and vegetation free objects. 

fantasy9.jpg
    1000 x 456 - 102K
    fantasy10.jpg
    1024 x 288 - 65K
    Post edited by adbc on
    edited December 2021

adbc - very nicely done scene. It appears that 32:9 has not the same camera FOV as the first.

Just a Bryce tree thrice instanced and a column. Material a bit white diffuse and some reflection. Backdrop and light by an HDRI I made 15 years ago by photographing a mirror ball. The regular render took less than 1-1/2 hours but I found it a bit flat.

Unique Statue Regular

So I rendered the same scene with DoF in a bit longer than 3-1/2 hours.

Unique Statue DoF

Finally, I gave the anaglyph a try, waiting another 4-1/2 hours.

Unique Statue Anaglyph

Click on image(s) to see the 1200 x 900 version.

UniqueStatueReg.jpg
    1200 x 1000 - 173K
    UniqueStatueDof.jpg
    1200 x 1000 - 142K
    UniqueStatueAna.jpg
    1200 x 1000 - 197K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited December 2021

Horo : thank you. Yes the FOV is different, the first one 60 and the 32:9 90, if I leave it to 60 it gets somehow distorted and the flowers on the foreground are almost not visible.
    I tried some other renders and the result was not good, a bit deformed (stretched out), maybe it has to do with a too high FOV on the original, I don't know.

Awesome render, looks like a sculpture and the anaglyph is superb.

Post edited by adbc on
  • Whoa, some great 32-9 renders from Horo, Mermaid and adbc  Welcome to the dark side!  smiley

Mermaid, Great spacescene. I especially like the anaglyph. I have used Bryce for 360 landscapes for virtual desktop. I believe some of my renders are still floating around on Steam somewhere and are still used with vr headsets.

Horo, Triple stacked terrain is awesome. It looks like a pre-dug up amphitheater and that hdri works extremely well with that tree.

-----

This one was a quick test for importing mountains from World machine. I like the mountains you can make with that program but to be honest in comparison with Bryce it is about as user friendly as 27 euro bill.

Also I still have some work to do on the resolution.

I call it Biggles' dream.

edited December 2021

Adbc - very nice scene, cool rock on the left, nice water and sand textures, the lighting is perfect too.

Horo - beautiful sculpture, very nice reflections, the anaglyph is awesome.

Rembrandt - thanks for your comment, Biggles' dream is superb.

Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,750

adbc, very nice renders.

Horo,  Great idea to make such abstract tree renders. The difference between the first two is very subtle. 

Rembrandt, Those mountains look great. Nice to have the clouds obscure the lower part of the terrain.

adbc - thank you. Now what you experienced with the 32:9 surprises me. My example has a camera FOV of 80° (Scale 100) for both. I just changed the aspect ratio from 32:9 (16:4.5) to 16:9. I noticed that the forum software makes a mess with the aspect ratio on the thumbnails.

Rembrandt - thank you. Cool mountain scene, looks snowy. I don't have World Machine but use World Creator sometimes. With it I generate the terrain as 8192 and export as Raw 32 bit (Carrara), (there is also a R32 for World Machine export option), import the raw file into HDRShop and prepare it for Bryce 4096 16 bit grey scale. But yes, World Creator (was once Geo Control) does not exist anymore.

mermaid - thank you.

Hansmar - thank you. Yes, DOF used is quite subtle.

Rembrandt, mermaid, Hansmar : thank you.

Rembrandt : Biggle's dream is really beautiful, I like the clouds and the snowy mountains.

• Rembrandt_2647480Rembrandt_2647480 Posts: 113
    edited December 2021

Thank you all for the nice comments.

So nice that Bryce -one of those overlooked brilliant pieces of software we just keep coming back to- still has a very enthousiastic community.

Now is a good moment to wish you and yours all the very, very best for the year to come. Stay safe, stay healthy!

It really is a shame Bryce no longer being developed, the potential of Bryce is far greater than it has been given credit to.

Anyway.. Time to put the crew of the Erasmus back to work.

"Straight ahead"

I am very pleased with the effect of the wake of the ship, just a symmetrical lattice with a water material but it does the job perfectly.

The clouds halfway up the mountains took a bit of fiddling about but that also came out nice.

edit: typo

Post edited by Rembrandt_2647480 on

Rembrandt - another very well done scene. Looking at it in full size gives me the impression of a painting, mostly the mountains.
    Indeed, it is a pity Daz ignores Bryce that has two different raytracers built in while Studio has none. On the bright side, no new bugs are introduced and we know many and how to circumvent them. Best wishes for the New Year to you too.

edited December 2021

Rembrandt : Lovely mountain landscape, great clouds, like Horo said : just a painting.

Best wishes for the New Year to everyone.

The last one for this year.

winter.jpg
    1200 x 337 - 99K
    Post edited by adbc on

adbc - very beautiful winter scene to say goodbye to the year 2021. Best wishes.

• Rembrandt_2647480Rembrandt_2647480 Posts: 113
    edited December 2021

adbc - Very nice! I love the 'mood' of that winter scene.

Made me wonder if..somehow, the Erasmus, winter.. hmmm, how does winter look like  on a big wooden ship?

"Ice ice, baby"

edit: Come to think of it, I did a winter-kind-of-Erasmus before but I think this one is better.

Post edited by Rembrandt_2647480 on

Rembrandt - two outstanding renders, I agree with the others the 1st looks like a painting, I love the clouds over the mountain, the 2nd is awesome too.

Adbc - a beautiful winter scene

Looking forward to an awesome 2022 Brycing Year, Happy Holidays everyone.

Rembrandt - ah yes, the "Ice ice baby" is also a very nice render.

Horo, Rembrandt, mermaid : thank you.

Rembrandt : "ice ice baby" : beautiful ice mountain scene.

edited January 2022

I got tempted to try another 32:9, a simple doodle in Bryce. It will be nice to try some other aspect ratios too, besides the aspect ratios I normally use.

wel2022.jpg
    950 x 267 - 201K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on

mermaid - I like the idea and how it turned out.

mermaid : great idea, I like the outcome.

Thanks Horo and Adbc

edited January 2022

Like the statue above (with the anaglyph) but only one instance and foliage added. Another HDRI for the backdrop and ambient light, the sun shines from behind the tree knot through the translucent foliage.

Tree Knot

TreeKnot.jpg
    1200 x 825 - 237K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • Thank you all for the comments.

Mermaid- An enthousiatic start of 2022! Did you use Elefont for the text?

Horo- Foliage is just one of the more difficult things to get just right in Bryce. You pulled it off fine!

-----------

With warmer wind coming offshore over the cold seawater, a thick fog settled in on new years eve.

The captain ordered anchors dropped bevause the Erasmus was sailing in unknown waters near shore.

With an extra ration of rum for the men before the mast and a late dinner for the officers there were no complaints and midnight was celebrated by the entire crew.

"Smoke on the water" (what is up with those song titles, lately?)

This was one ugly beast of a render, it took more than 12 hours. (Hey Bryce, I 've got a Geforce RTX 280 TI running on an Intel Core i9-9900kf. It is bigger than a Pentium, you know!)

Anyway, I think I'll be experimenting with low clouds some more, it looks there are interesting thing to do with lighting in such a scene.

Rembrandt - thank you. Very nice midnight scene. Your comment reminds me of Jule Verne in his sea and discovery novels.
    Note that Bryce does not use the GPU, renders only on the CPU up to 8 cores/threads (depending on the Priority settings: Low 1, Normal half, High all up to 8) and it can also render over the home network if you install Lightning on the other computers. It appears that you used a volume slab, which renders slow. There are render settings that can slow down the render. My tree knot above needed 6 hours on my i9 16 threads because of the translucent foliage.

• Electro-ElvisElectro-Elvis Posts: 842
    edited January 2022

Best wishes for the New Year to everyone. I did not make a lot with Bryce recently, but yesterday evening I finally started to work on a proof of concept for the contest "Ancient Times". I know, I am too late now, but it was still fun to create the image.

ancienttimes_poc.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 91K
    Post edited by Electro-Elvis on
    edited January 2022

Electro-Elvis - pity you couldn't make it to the contest. Very nicely done cave scene with the small waterfall and the rings on the water from falling drops are a great detail.

Post edited by Horo on
    edited January 2022

Horo : very beautiful tree, especially the lighting shining through the leaves.

Rembrandt : Lovely fog scene.

Electro-Elvis : I love the waterfall, excellent cave scene.

Some rocks created with spheres and transformed, added some vegetation.

rocks.jpg
    800 x 450 - 100K
    Post edited by adbc on
This discussion has been closed.