• GoneGone Posts: 833
    edited December 1969

More hair in this one. :-)

Yellow.jpg
    1200 x 675 - 361K
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

:)
    I don't know what the homage is for (different culture ...) - but I like your pictures!

edited December 1969

Thanks.

Another thread recently asked if anyone watched an anime style show called RWBY (pronounced ruby). I looked it up and was quite taken by the show.

I don't have the content or modelling skills to recreate the characters, clothing or weapons so I make do with what I have.

Hence homage rather than recreation. :-)

edited December 1969

Thanks for the explanation!

• BrumitDBrumitD Posts: 235
    edited December 1969

Its been awhile, one of my latest experiments in creating different furs and hair styles in the same image.

BTVS_Halloween_Aftermath_test_5c.jpg
    1500 x 1060 - 455K
  • oomuoomu Posts: 175
    edited December 1969

Here is another pic of the toon furry skunk character I work on, with a lot of garibaldi fur, cloths and some specular lights around

I hope it pleases you or at least amuses you.

I'm fond of that plugin and I hope it will be improved again one day.

http://yupasama.deviantart.com/art/Mouffette-en-robe-avec-un-sac-492901158

Mouffette_en_robe_avec_un_sac.jpg
    2000 x 1250 - 809K
    edited December 1969

Aaaw! Cute!

• GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,532
    edited December 1969

Getting back into Garabaldi and I can't seem to import a density map. I did a quick texture and wanted to take it into PhotoShop to smooth it but anything I try to import is greyed out in the import area. Any suggestions? It exported fine but I can't even import the map I just exported. Thanks.

edited December 1969

Density maps must be 1024x1024 .png grey scale files.

When you import, you must import the file folder. The folder must contain 1 or more .png files and each file must be named to match the surface name that the map is intended for.

For example:
    You want to create a scull cap map for Genesis. The map will use the surfaces named 1_SkinFace and 2_SkinHead.

You create a folder called Skullcap. Inside the folder you will place the 2 files you created and name them 1_SkinFace.png and 2_SkinHead.png.

In Garibaldi, when you select import, you point the import at the folder named Skullcap, name your imported map, and make sure it is imported as grey scale.

You should now be able to select it.

• GhostofMacbethGhostofMacbeth Posts: 1,532
    edited December 1969

Thanks so much. That fixed it. I was trying to do the files and not the folders.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,877
    edited December 1969

Just playing around again with GH last night (instead of going to bed).

I will be trying my hand at this again since it runs so smoothly on my system.

edited December 1969

Well, I hope you plan on showing us some of your work. :-)

edited December 1969

I hope I make the time to play. I tend to concentrate a lot of my time on my commercial work that I forget to play. Mind you work is play to me as well so...

I will try to remember to share. :)

edited December 1969

Well, I made time to play...

Only the mohawk was render at high settings, the rest were low settings.

GBH-Test-002.png
    900 x 900 - 846K
    GBH-Test-001.png
    900 x 900 - 882K
    G2F-GBH-002.png
    900 x 900 - 781K
    G2F-GBH-003.png
    900 x 900 - 825K
    2014-12-27_020319.png
    405 x 530 - 225K
    edited December 1969

the rest of them

GBH-Test-003c.png
    900 x 900 - 903K
    GBH-Test-003b.png
    900 x 900 - 892K
    GBH-Test-003a.png
    900 x 900 - 890K
    GBH-Test-003.png
    900 x 900 - 878K
    edited December 2014

I tried using two shave groups for the last one but could not get it to render more then one at a time. Can someone tell me how that is done. Thank you.

Post edited by Mattymanx on
    edited December 1969

Shave groups are LAMH - Garibaldi uses nodes.:-)

By what you are saying, I suspect that you made 2 distribution maps on the same node. This works great for styling, but only one map can be used per node in the distribution pane for rendering.

If this is what you did, then there are 2 ways you can deal with it.
    1. - Load the hair twice and set each one to to a different map.
    2. - Make a third map in the node that covers the area of the other 2 maps and use that in the distribution pane when you exit Garibaldi.

When I don't feel like using selection lists, I will often create multiple distribution maps in the node - one for the whole head and additional ones for the various regions. The "sub" maps are used to aid styling while the "main" map is used for rendering. The neat thing about Garibaldi is that any styling you do on a "sub" map is retained when you switch to the "main" map.

Of course, if this isn't what you did, I'll need a bit more info on the problem. :-)

Nice styles, by the way, and if you want to flatten the puffed up hairs you need to change the auto part setting. Default is 180 you want around 100 to tame the puffs.

edited December 1969

Thanks Gone. I knew there was a special number for that parting. I will play around again later and post some results

edited December 1969

With the recent 70% off sale, I picked up a bunch of stuff that I liked but wouldn't normally buy because I just wouldn't use it much.

Like this guy.

I always liked the way he looked and figured it would be fun to fur him up --- but I don't often do monster renders so I couldn't justify the purchase.

But how do you resist 70% off?

Lycan.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 319K
  • MacSaversMacSavers Posts: 324
    edited December 1969

Anyone know what today's update of Garibaldi Express fixes/adds?

• JoeQuickJoeQuick Posts: 1,697
    edited December 1969

MacSavers said:
    Anyone know what today's update of Garibaldi Express fixes/adds?

Update? Awesome!

edited February 2015

edit...

Post edited by Mattymanx on
  • Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
    edited December 1969

Hi everyone,

Is there a chance anyone has figured out a reliable way of using Garibaldi with the scripted renderer? A lot of the time, it does not generate the curves, but sometimes it does. And I can't seem to determine the logic of when it happens.

• mark128mark128 Posts: 1,029
    edited December 1969

I am assuming that the DIM download is just a DIM version of 1.0. I have the last beta of 1.1 installed, so I don't think I want to install the DIM version.

Is that correct?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,203
    edited December 1969

According to Help>About Installed plug-ins the DIM version is 1.1.0.5

edited December 1969

Just double checked the one I have installed and it too is 1.1.0.5

So the store version is identical to the version from the GH forum. Though the build date is newer for the DAZ version. Will have to check it out later.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

Is there a funny manual for this? I want to make hair for the g2f anubis character and think this is the way to go.

• mark128mark128 Posts: 1,029
    edited December 1969

The version I have is 1.1.0.4, which is the last beta from the Garibaldi site.

The reason I'm concerned is, as I recall, 1.1 will read hair saved with 1.0, but 1.0 cannot read hair saved from 1.1. I want to make sure I will still be able to read the hair I've done previously.

Has anyone who had 1.1.0.4 installed the upgrade? Can they confirm it can read hair from the beta version?