[Released] Content Wizard [Commercial]

Comments

• cmskcmsk Posts: 42

RiverSoftArt said:

cmsk said:

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

Have you treid clearing out your working directory? Sometimes, CW cannot overwrite existing items. In your case that would be

2021-11-21 11:28:05.211 DEBUG: Validate Working Directory... "/Users/Chris/Library/Application Support/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/SCI/"

The other line in your log

2021-11-21 11:28:14.153 DEBUG: Unable to open file for writing: /Users/Shared/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/Support/Renderosity_150136_dForce_Street_Juliana's_Dancer_for_G8F.dsx

suggests CW cannot write to exactly that directory, most likely because a file with the same name and a different permission set is already there

Well, I created the path /Users/Shared/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/Support/ ... even though I had it and WANT it on my external dirve and NOT on my interal one.  The install then said it was 'successful' , yet the product is now nowhere to be found.  It's not in the Smart Content or the Content Library.  At least when it gave me the install error, I was able to find the item in the Content Library... just not the Smart Content.  IDK... at this point I don't have time to mess with this... I'll have to deal with this more after the holiday.  

Sorry for not getting back to you quickly.  I am not receiving notifications of new posts. 

On the successful install, did the file "/Users/Shared/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/Support/Renderosity_150136_dForce_Street_Juliana's_Dancer_for_G8F.dsx" exist now?  What did it look like?

Yeah, I never get notifications from this forum either. 

Anyway.  Hope you had a great holiday and weekend.  

After removing the Renderosity content -- starting from scratch with that directy in place.  I tried the Smart Content install again.  It completed as 'Successfull' but it seems all of the files were put on the Default HD and not my external SSD.  This is fine for now, as I don't have a ton of content, but I can see this being an issue if/when I start growing my library.

• cmsk said:

RiverSoftArt said:

cmsk said:

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

Have you treid clearing out your working directory? Sometimes, CW cannot overwrite existing items. In your case that would be

2021-11-21 11:28:05.211 DEBUG: Validate Working Directory... "/Users/Chris/Library/Application Support/DAZ 3D/Studio4/temp/SCI/"

2021-11-21 11:28:14.153 DEBUG: Unable to open file for writing: /Users/Shared/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/Support/Renderosity_150136_dForce_Street_Juliana's_Dancer_for_G8F.dsx

suggests CW cannot write to exactly that directory, most likely because a file with the same name and a different permission set is already there

Well, I created the path /Users/Shared/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/Support/ ... even though I had it and WANT it on my external dirve and NOT on my interal one.  The install then said it was 'successful' , yet the product is now nowhere to be found.  It's not in the Smart Content or the Content Library.  At least when it gave me the install error, I was able to find the item in the Content Library... just not the Smart Content.  IDK... at this point I don't have time to mess with this... I'll have to deal with this more after the holiday.  

Sorry for not getting back to you quickly.  I am not receiving notifications of new posts. 

On the successful install, did the file "/Users/Shared/My DAZ 3D Library/Runtime/Support/Renderosity_150136_dForce_Street_Juliana's_Dancer_for_G8F.dsx" exist now?  What did it look like?

After removing the Renderosity content -- starting from scratch with that directy in place.  I tried the Smart Content install again.  It completed as 'Successfull' but it seems all of the files were put on the Default HD and not my external SSD.  This is fine for now, as I don't have a ton of content, but I can see this being an issue if/when I start growing my library.

The Installation Options tab controls where CW installs files.  It should work with external SSDs.

• DMaxDMax Posts: 637

RiverSoftArt said:

DMax said:

All of a sudden, my Content Wizard seemed to have become corrupted. When I try to install a new product zip, it keeps going back to an older product. Same error happens when I uninstalled CW via DIM, deleted, redownloaded and reinstalled. The same thing happened! This is from the logfile...

00:47:37 GMT+0800 (W. Australia Standard Time): Clearing Working Directory...
    00:47:37 GMT+0800 (W. Australia Standard Time): ...FAILED!!! Make sure the zip file(s) is not corrupted AND that no file browser is open on the working directory contents, keeping the working directory from being deleted

I don't understand it as nothing else is open...?

Try manually clearing the working directory. 

I feel terribly green and inadequate ... how does one "manually clear the working directory"?

• cmskcmsk Posts: 42

RiverSoftArt said:

cmsk said:

RiverSoftArt said:

cmsk said:

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

The Installation Options tab controls where CW installs files.  It should work with external SSDs.

Ah... okay got it.  Didn't really mess around with all of the options.  I did look in that tab, but only gave a cursory look at the 'Installation Directories' and thought best to leave them alone and missed the 'Directories' drop-downs above them.

Thanks again

How does one "manually clear the working directory" (whether for DS or for CW)? Thank you for your help, I have several new products to install but am currently unable to due to the error running CW.

00:47:37 GMT+0800 (W. Australia Standard Time): ...FAILED!!! Make sure the zip file(s) is not corrupted AND that no file browser is open on the working directory contents, keeping the working directory from being deleted

• DMax said:

How does one "manually clear the working directory" (whether for DS or for CW)? Thank you for your help, I have several new products to install but am currently unable to due to the error running CW.

The working directory is specified in the installation options.  Using Windows Explorer, go to that directory and delete everything in it.

RiverSoftArt said:

DMax said:

The working directory is specified in the installation options.  Using Windows Explorer, go to that directory and delete everything in it.

We certainly learn every day! And there I was searching high and low and asking members how to clear the DS working directory, never thought there was a CW working directory!
    Thanks so much, this worked out perfectly well! Now I am able to install all the stuff that I had purchased over Black Friday :) Thank you kind sir!

• DMax said:

RiverSoftArt said:

DMax said:

We certainly learn every day! And there I was searching high and low and asking members how to clear the DS working directory, never thought there was a CW working directory!
    Thanks so much, this worked out perfectly well! Now I am able to install all the stuff that I had purchased over Black Friday :) Thank you kind sir!

LOL!  You're welcome!

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327

This utility seems like just what I need to clean up my dang Smart Panel and library. I am still trying to figure it out but thankfully your documentation was very well put together. Installed my first test zip from Rendo and voila it is now in Smart Panel where it belongs.  Yeah!!!

Ok, a few questions... Sorry if any of this has been answered previously. 

1. If I use this to re-install ZIPs that I have already put into my Content Library from way back, assuming I can find them all, will it overwrite the older ones or will I end up with duplicates?

2. Is it possible to re-install and fix DS zips that end up in Lost and Found or with missing image thumbnails? 

3. I think I read somewhere in an earlier post that this can't be used for older v4 and poser files?  Is that correct?  I used to do some manual antiquated process of getting V4 and Poser items into the Smart Panel with proper metadata but can't remember how I did it since it has been so many years.

Thanks!

• Geminii23 said:

This utility seems like just what I need to clean up my dang Smart Panel and library. I am still trying to figure it out but thankfully your documentation was very well put together. Installed my first test zip from Rendo and voila it is now in Smart Panel where it belongs.  Yeah!!!

1. If I use this to re-install ZIPs that I have already put into my Content Library from way back, assuming I can find them all, will it overwrite the older ones or will I end up with duplicates?

As long as you put stuff in the same place, it should just overwrite the older ones.

2. Is it possible to re-install and fix DS zips that end up in Lost and Found or with missing image thumbnails? 

you CAN use CW to fix metadata issues with DAZ products. If you D/L a DAZ product, you get a ZIP file that starts with IM. That file contains all you need, including the thumbnail. (you have to extract that one first, it is located in Content/Runtime/Support.

3. I think I read somewhere in an earlier post that this can't be used for older v4 and poser files?  Is that correct?  I used to do some manual antiquated process of getting V4 and Poser items into the Smart Panel with proper metadata but can't remember how I did it since it has been so many years.

That is correct

Thanks!

• Geminii23 said:

As long as you put stuff in the same place, it should just overwrite the older ones.

you CAN use CW to fix metadata issues with DAZ products. If you D/L a DAZ product, you get a ZIP file that starts with IM. That file contains all you need, including the thumbnail. (you have to extract that one first, it is located in Content/Runtime/Support.

That is correct

Thanks!

• Is content wizard having problems with the "#" in file names? I do have problems with installing products having the "#" in the name with Content Wizard. I tried to remove the "#" from the file names (of the people and props folders) but I cannot alter the "#" in filenames within the data folder not to break the references.

• Rod Wise Driggo said:

Is content wizard having problems with the "#" in file names? I do have problems with installing products having the "#" in the name with Content Wizard. I tried to remove the "#" from the file names (of the people and props folders) but I cannot alter the "#" in filenames within the data folder not to break the references.

Huh.  I wouldn't expect it has a problem as "#" does not need to be escaped in XML.  I need to find a test case and investigate.

• I have a challenge I never had before laugh. I got a product that comes with all the metadata (in a separate ZIP file), but with no valid installer. From a quick check, the metadata seem to be really nice, esp. all the poses are organized correctly. Can such a metadata file be utilized with Content Wizard?

• Mark_e593e0a5 said:

I have a challenge I never had before laugh. I got a product that comes with all the metadata (in a separate ZIP file), but with no valid installer. From a quick check, the metadata seem to be really nice, esp. all the poses are organized correctly. Can such a metadata file be utilized with Content Wizard?

Probably not.  If it is in Daz's format (.dsx for runtime/support), perhaps it can be used directly?

• RiverSoftArt said:

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

I have a challenge I never had before laugh. I got a product that comes with all the metadata (in a separate ZIP file), but with no valid installer. From a quick check, the metadata seem to be really nice, esp. all the poses are organized correctly. Can such a metadata file be utilized with Content Wizard?

Probably not.  If it is in Daz's format (.dsx for runtime/support), perhaps it can be used directly?

It is an extra Zip containing a .dsa, a .dsx and a .png file, I would prefer to have one file I can feed to DIM (because I can uninstall via DIM if I prtefer to).

• Mark_e593e0a5 said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

It is an extra Zip containing a .dsa, a .dsx and a .png file, I would prefer to have one file I can feed to DIM (because I can uninstall via DIM if I prtefer to).

That sounds like it is something that DS can use!  It sounds like a matter of combining them and some renaming perhaps.  Unfortunately, CW does not do that for you.

• Suggestions for CW:

Autogenerate ID for LocalUser install content coming up with random IDs is a PITA

Handle the content being inside sub folders in the zip better... it either can't find stuff or it installs it wrong.

Add an Install w. Smart content button

When errors happen, be more explicit about what happened.  I get errors sometimes and have no idea via your log or Daz's what actually the issue is or what to do about it.

I love CW... it makes the stuff from "other stores" and freebies more useful.

• c567591a said:

Suggestions for CW:

Thanks for the suggestions!

Autogenerate ID for LocalUser install content coming up with random IDs is a PITA

Agreed.  It is not easy to code either.  frown I just go with a high ID and always increment by 1.  The renderosity IDs work for now, but I imagine in a few years when Daz starts using IDs that high it could be a problem.

Handle the content being inside sub folders in the zip better... it either can't find stuff or it installs it wrong.

I depend on the content authors to know what they are doing.  CW uses that structure to help figure out what a file is and if they don't have it in the right place, I can't do much.  If you mean the top level, CW accepts everything under a Content folder or just at the top level of the zip.

Add an Install w. Smart content button

You want to combine the Install Content and Install Smart Content buttons?  I could add another but I don't see the reason.  Could you explain?

When errors happen, be more explicit about what happened.  I get errors sometimes and have no idea via your log or Daz's what actually the issue is or what to do about it.

CW tries to give you as much info as it knows.  Sometimes, DS just returns true or false and that is all that can be reported.  If you have specific examples, post here and I can try and explain (and maybe add more explanation in CW)

I love CW... it makes the stuff from "other stores" and freebies more useful.

You're welcome! smiley

• I just want to say that this is the most helpful thing I've ever purchased from Daz. Thank you so much for making it!

• SnowMach said:

I just want to say that this is the most helpful thing I've ever purchased from Daz. Thank you so much for making it!

You are very welcome!  Thank you for the kind words! smiley

• SolitarySandpiperSolitarySandpiper Posts: 468
    edited February 2022

i've literally installed hundreds of products from many vendors from Renderosity (thank you so much RiverSoftArt for this fantastic script) but i'm having problems with all products from the vendor Pamawo.

All of the products files fail to unzip and the log reads as such...

16:27:41 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time): Clearing Working Directory...

16:27:41 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time): ...FAILED!!! Make sure the zip file(s) is not corrupted AND that no file browser is open on the working directory contents, keeping the working directory from being deleted

16:27:41 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time): Extracting files from C:\Users\robac\Downloads\Samurai_Girl_Part_002_283192.zip...

16:27:41 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time): ...ERROR extracting files

16:27:41 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time): Extracting files from C:\Users\robac\Downloads\Samurai_Girl_Part_001_283296.zip...

From what i can tell everything looks correctly packaged and they install without issue when installed via conventional methods.

Any ideas what could cause the problem? 

Thank you.

Post edited by SolitarySandpiper on
  • SolitarySandpiper said:

i've literally installed hundreds of products from many vendors from Renderosity (thank you so much RiverSoftArt for this fantastic script) but i'm having problems with all products from the vendor Pamawo.

16:27:41 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time): ...FAILED!!! Make sure the zip file(s) is not corrupted AND that no file browser is open on the working directory contents, keeping the working directory from being deleted

16:27:41 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time): Extracting files from C:\Users\robac\Downloads\Samurai_Girl_Part_002_283192.zip...

16:27:41 GMT+0000 (GMT Standard Time): Extracting files from C:\Users\robac\Downloads\Samurai_Girl_Part_001_283296.zip...

From what i can tell everything looks correctly packaged and they install without issue when installed via conventional methods.

Thank you.

That is an effect of the weird ZIP utility pamawo seems to be using. Use your favorite zip utility, open the original zip file, and then just re-save it (you could use a different file name just to be safe). That fixed the issue for me all times, bot on macOS and Win10 

• Mark_e593e0a5 said:

SolitarySandpiper said:

Thank you.

That is an effect of the weird ZIP utility pamawo seems to be using. Use your favorite zip utility, open the original zip file, and then just re-save it (you could use a different file name just to be safe). That fixed the issue for me all times, bot on macOS and Win10 

Exactly!  For whatever reason, the encoding he uses is not supported by the unzip function in the scripting API.  You need to resave it.

• RiverSoftArt said:

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

SolitarySandpiper said:

Thank you.

Exactly!  For whatever reason, the encoding he uses is not supported by the unzip function in the scripting API.  You need to resave it.

Thanks for the Quick replies... funnily enough after posting i actually tried extracting the zips then re-zipping and i was just returning to say i had cracked it!

Happy days!

• SolitarySandpiper said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

SolitarySandpiper said:

Thank you.

Thanks for the Quick replies... funnily enough after posting i actually tried extracting the zips then re-zipping and i was just returning to say i had cracked it!

Happy days!

Great!  Glad to hear it!

• Hi there,

I love Content Wizard, but I was wondering if anyone else is having problems with entries showing up twice (once as the store I configured it to be, and another as LOCAL_USER). I noticed older posts in this thread were mentioning this issue, and that the issue was patched out.

I'm using version v1.2.1, and I'm getting these duplications.

Any kind of help on how I can prevent this from happening would be appreciated.

Best regards.

• RiverSoftArt said:

Maybe, instead of loading a zip, it can analyze a temp folder and create smart content for the files in the temp folder.

I could possibly do this, but then nothing better be put in that folder that shouldn't be there.  At least with the zip files, I can verify things.

Did it ever get implemented? 

• sakrilas said:

Hi there,

I love Content Wizard, but I was wondering if anyone else is having problems with entries showing up twice (once as the store I configured it to be, and another as LOCAL_USER). I noticed older posts in this thread were mentioning this issue, and that the issue was patched out.

I'm using version v1.2.1, and I'm getting these duplications.

Any kind of help on how I can prevent this from happening would be appreciated.

Best regards.

Sorry, I am not seeing it, though I haven't run Content Wizard for a couple months so it is possible a new version of DS is causing problems?  Anyone?

• DoctorJellybean said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Maybe, instead of loading a zip, it can analyze a temp folder and create smart content for the files in the temp folder.

I could possibly do this, but then nothing better be put in that folder that shouldn't be there.  At least with the zip files, I can verify things.

Did it ever get implemented? 

No, it did not.  Sorry.