"Feel the Romance" - May Freebie chalenge

Comments

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    Welcome to the challenge Mr. Dorseyland.

Anybody seen my can of worms?

Huh. 35 posts. Show-off!

ermmm...that would be 37...hehehe.

Oh...I ate your worms. They were a bit salty.

:bug:

• RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited May 2012

music2u4u said:
    ... NOTICE! ...

Next month, June, will be a very special feature for us. I chose this person because they just give of themself until it hurts. I have never met anyone here who gives so much. So next month, I will be featuring our very own Chohole!

:-)

You mean that for the challenge, right? Chohole has really spent a lot of textures for the participants of these challenges. but to be a little fair. Most of her textures are just for those who participate to the challenge. All others are to be left out in the cold. I was sometimes a little jealous of these truly excellent textures.

I also know Trumarcar for example, who gives us Toon-Lovers a lot and there are also a lot other users without their freebies these challenges couldn't work. You shouldn't forget that.
    Post edited by RCTSpanky on
  • DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    Each month, I will feature a Daz member who gives freebies a lot. I will announce the chosen ones at the start of each month's challenge. Each entry will be required to use one freebie from the featured Daz member who gives in order to qualify for the month.

EXCELLENT idea,

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited May 2012

music2u4u said:
    ... NOTICE! ...

Starting next month, I will be introducing something new in the challenge. Since the contest is all about freebies, I am going to have an "Appreciation" part of the contest. Each month, I will feature a Daz member who gives freebies a lot. I will announce the chosen ones at the start of each month's challenge. Each entry will be required to use one freebie from the featured Daz member who gives in order to qualify for the month.

We all use these freebies and I feel it is only proper to thank the givers for them. Each featured member will be given all the prizes donated for the month they are featured. I will pm them with links to them. It is the least we can do for those who give so much of themselves so we can have freely. They ask nothing in return.

For the month of July, I will be featuring Adam Thwaites from Most-digital-creations.com. Adam gives a new freebie almost everyday and has for many years. His generosity goes way beyond kind. For the month of August, I will be featuring Hobobo and all his cyclorama, IC3, and materials he makes. A new one everyday. He also gives and gives.

Next month, June, will be a very special feature for us. I chose this person because they just give of themself until it hurts. I have never met anyone here who gives so much. So next month, I will be featuring our very own Chohole! I used to call her "The Texture Queen", but now I just call her "The Queen". Now...don't buck me on this Cho! This is something I feel needs to be done for you. You have given sooo much to this community, I feel this is the least we can do for you. It is well deserved dear. You earned it.

OK, so beginning next month, you must include one freebie from Chohole in your entry to qualify for the June challenge. You will find a link to her stuff in her signature. ( http://chohole.ovbi.org/ ). Get creative!

that's all...carry on.

Music, you have just made my day. It really cheered me up after all the hassle we are getting over the website changes.

But don't forget a lot of thanks also has to go to our dear departed France (francemi) who first encouraged me to start a website to distribute my textures, and hosted it for well over 3 years. And again, now we owe a vote of thanks to Kendall (Alexa's Dad) who has been hosting it for the last several months, and has indeed just added stuff to his servers to make "Choholes Space" better and faster.

THere is a lot of content there, over 5gb, so it is no easy task providing the server space for it. I am just pleased that some people like my freebies. It makes me feel good when I see people using them.:coolsmirk:

Post edited by Chohole on
  • jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    ... NOTICE! ...

Starting next month, I will be introducing something new in the challenge. Since the contest is all about freebies, I am going to have an "Appreciation" part of the contest. Each month, I will feature a Daz member who gives freebies a lot. I will announce the chosen ones at the start of each month's challenge. Each entry will be required to use one freebie from the featured Daz member who gives in order to qualify for the month.

We all use these freebies and I feel it is only proper to thank the givers for them. Each featured member will be given all the prizes donated for the month they are featured. I will pm them with links to them. It is the least we can do for those who give so much of themselves so we can have freely. They ask nothing in return.

For the month of July, I will be featuring Adam Thwaites from Most-digital-creations.com. Adam gives a new freebie almost everyday and has for many years. His generosity goes way beyond kind. For the month of August, I will be featuring Hobobo and all his cyclorama, IC3, and materials he makes. A new one everyday. He also gives and gives.

Next month, June, will be a very special feature for us. I chose this person because they just give of themself until it hurts. I have never met anyone here who gives so much. So next month, I will be featuring our very own Chohole! I used to call her "The Texture Queen", but now I just call her "The Queen". Now...don't buck me on this Cho! This is something I feel needs to be done for you. You have given sooo much to this community, I feel this is the least we can do for you. It is well deserved dear. You earned it.

OK, so beginning next month, you must include one freebie from Chohole in your entry to qualify for the June challenge. You will find a link to her stuff in her signature. ( http://chohole.ovbi.org/ ). Get creative!

that's all...carry on.

do I get to be the first one to ask a question about the new rule music??? Cho has some of the most detailed freebies out there, stunning, but most of her stuff requires a paid item to use it, will the paid item count against our count or do we get a gimme on the paid item we need to use, I ask because I'm working on a render for June and the outfit I'm using is a free item that she doesn't have a texture for,
    aren't you glad you made a new rule to get us all talking again.

• perlkperlk Posts: 840
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    Each month, I will feature a Daz member who gives freebies a lot. I will announce the chosen ones at the start of each month's challenge. Each entry will be required to use one freebie from the featured Daz member who gives in order to qualify for the month.

EXCELLENT idea,

I agree. This is an awesome idea!

edited December 1969

jeeperz said:
    music2u4u said:
    ... NOTICE! ...

that's all...carry on.

do I get to be the first one to ask a question about the new rule music??? Cho has some of the most detailed freebies out there, stunning, but most of her stuff requires a paid item to use it, will the paid item count against our count or do we get a gimme on the paid item we need to use, I ask because I'm working on a render for June and the outfit I'm using is a free item that she doesn't have a texture for,
    aren't you glad you made a new rule to get us all talking again.

This is a good question. Many have paid fors that her textures work with, on the other hand, there are freebies she also has textures for. It will be your choice. If the outfit doesn't fit your character, I am sure you can tweek it for a single render to fit well enough for that character. The cool thing about characters is you can hide body parts, so any outfit will fit without poke through. You are allowed paid fors.

edited May 2012

music2u4u said:
    ... NOTICE! ...

Next month, June, will be a very special feature for us. I chose this person because they just give of themself until it hurts. I have never met anyone here who gives so much. So next month, I will be featuring our very own Chohole!

...Most of her textures are just for those who participate to the challenge. All others are to be left out in the cold...

I also know Trumarcar for example, who gives us Toon-Lovers a lot and there are also a lot other users without their freebies these challenges couldn't work. You shouldn't forget that.

I will have to disagree with your first statement. She actually, as Jeeperz stated, does textures mainly for paid fors, NOT freebies. She has something for everyone.

I have listed Trumacar for November challenge. Also have listed Francemi for the annual October "Monster Mash Halloween Bash" one of our biggest months. I will dedicate that month in her memory.

Post edited by music2u4u on
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    music2u4u said:
    ... NOTICE! ...

that's all...carry on.

Music, you have just made my day. It really cheered me up after all the hassle we are getting over the website changes.

But don't forget a lot of thanks also has to go to our dear departed France (francemi) who first encouraged me to start a website to distribute my textures, and hosted it for well over 3 years. And again, now we owe a vote of thanks to Kendall (Alexa's Dad) who has been hosting it for the last several months, and has indeed just added stuff to his servers to make "Choholes Space" better and faster.

THere is a lot of content there, over 5gb, so it is no easy task providing the server space for it. I am just pleased that some people like my freebies. It makes me feel good when I see people using them.:coolsmirk:

Yes dear, many love your work. Mr. Kendall deserves a great big hug from us all for his efforts and help!

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    I don't want to rain in anyone's parade, but until we can't quote pictures in this forum I think, that challenges didn't make real senses. How can I comment on a picture that I saw 3 pages ago and anyone will know, what I mean (which is indeed not so easy sometimes, but that is a different story)?

All you do is right click the picture, save it to your pooter, then when you write your post, attatch the image at the bottom. Simple...for now...lol.

Well, it's not my server, which will be stuffed with hundreds of the same pictures. And it's too much work for me. I must save the pic, load it up again and delete it again from my computer. All in all a very uncomfortable situation. It's nice, when people always try to find a kind of solution, but please take off the pink glasses. I remember that the Admins promise us a better borad, now we have a bugful, crappy board. Maybe it could point to test how the deleting of posts work.

Ah come on! These guys are busting their arses to get it all working perfect to please everyone. That's almost impossible! After all...what do ya want fer free! Let's give 'um a break, and thank them for trying to make this all better.

Anyway...TO THE DAZ TEAM...MANY THANKS FROM ME...I can only speak for myself here.

• ThatGuyThatGuy Posts: 794
    edited December 1969

Congratulations Perlk on your engagement and pending marriage.:-)

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    music2u4u said:
    ... NOTICE! ...

...Most of her textures are just for those who participate to the challenge. All others are to be left out in the cold...

I will have to disagree with your first statement. She actually, as Jeeperz stated, does textures mainly for paid fors, NOT freebies. She has something for everyone.

I have listed Trumacar for November challenge. Also have listed Francemi for the annual October "Monster Mash Halloween Bash" one of our biggest months. I will dedicate that month in her memory.

and since I'm hosting in December again I would like to feature you music as my December freebie maker if that is ok with you.

edited December 1969

and also a big hug goes out to Kendall Sears who is helping out with Francemi's site to keep it going. GOOD ON YA Kendall, you rock

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

jeeperz said:
    and also a big hug goes out to Kendall Sears who is helping out with Francemi's site to keep it going. GOOD ON YA Kendall, you rock

It's Chohole's site :-). Although, if necessary, I'll host Francemi's as well. I didn't offer earlier since KCTC has multiple people affiliated with it and I didn't want to intrude while everyone is grieving.

Kendall

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    I don't want to rain in anyone's parade, but until we can't quote pictures in this forum I think, that challenges didn't make real senses. How can I comment on a picture that I saw 3 pages ago and anyone will know, what I mean (which is indeed not so easy sometimes, but that is a different story)?

All you do is right click the picture, save it to your pooter, then when you write your post, attatch the image at the bottom. Simple...for now...lol.

Well, it's not my server, which will be stuffed with hundreds of the same pictures. And it's too much work for me. I must save the pic, load it up again and delete it again from my computer. All in all a very uncomfortable situation. It's nice, when people always try to find a kind of solution, but please take off the pink glasses. I remember that the Admins promise us a better borad, now we have a bugful, crappy board. Maybe it could point to test how the deleting of posts work.

I have a better solution, if you're using FireFox (it may work in other browsers...I can't find an equivalent in IE). It doesn't show the image in your reply post, but it doesn't involve downloading and uploading, either.

Right-click on the original image, select Copy Image Location.
    In your post, paste it. It will paste a link to the original image. I've done it in my comments.

Dana

edited December 1969

should have happened gradually, not warned about then have a square ped slammed and hammered into a round hole thank you.
    MW

Hi, MW! I feel for you, really. I feel mostly the same way. Unfortunately, canned software doesn't do "gradually". But DAZ does. :shut: And that's how these things will be fixed, gradually. I hope you can hang in there with us. (I hope I can, too!)

Dana

• magicweavermagicweaver Posts: 244
    edited December 1969

Thanks DT, thank you all for saying how you felt, thought I was the only one sittin and tearing up, sounds stupid I know, but when you have so very little to look forward to, this contest is a godsend, and too are the daily fast grabs *were* I'd have a few dollars and something would be down around where I could afford it I'd get so tickled, it made my day, and tuesdays freebies, no matter what it was I loved it, and most times I find a reason to use them lol er did .... *imma go curl up in my corner now and be sad some more, I'll eventually come out of it. RDNA and Renderosity are still easy to move around and find things :( *waves*

edited December 1969

And RDNA is having their annual Real Deal $1.99 sale! :wow:

Dana

edited May 2012

jeeperz said:
    music2u4u said:
    music2u4u said:
    ... NOTICE! ...

and since I'm hosting in December again I would like to feature you music as my December freebie maker if that is ok with you.

Awwww Jeeperz, I knew there was a reason I love you so much! That is so sweet.

**hands Jeeperz a chocolate pie for her to be the first one to throw a pie in the new forums...then ducks!**

:wow:

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    And RDNA is having their annual Real Deal $1.99 sale! :wow:

Dana

Good one Dana!

edited December 1969

Thanks DT, thank you all for saying how you felt, thought I was the only one sittin and tearing up, sounds stupid I know, but when you have so very little to look forward to, this contest is a godsend, and too are the daily fast grabs *were* I'd have a few dollars and something would be down around where I could afford it I'd get so tickled, it made my day, and tuesdays freebies, no matter what it was I loved it, and most times I find a reason to use them lol er did .... *imma go curl up in my corner now and be sad some more, I'll eventually come out of it. RDNA and Renderosity are still easy to move around and find things :( *waves*

Hang in there Magik!

**Goes and sits with Magik and offers some chocolate chip cookies and milk.**

;-)

edited May 2012

That is still very kind of you Kendall, to help in such a way.

OK FOLKS...ONLY TWO MORE DAYS LEFT TO ENTER THIS MONTH!...HEADS UP!

• Gloomy007Gloomy007 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Ergg.. I ma a bit annoyed that my workflow of quoting do not work on the new forum... have to find some other solution I guess.
    So
    1. Chohole, thank you :) You do so much for us .
    2. magicweaver.. I hear you.. I feel like a child in a fog here now...
    3. RTC- Spanky.. chohole has a site with a lot of pages of her textures, also she has a share cg account, so it will not be difficult to find and use her beautiful textures.

To those who say that she makes textures for Payed items.. here is yet one freebie creator, who makes fabulous dresses, that chohole made a lot of textures for - jan19...

edited December 1969

Yes Kendall thanks for helping cho out, she had a lot of problems with her site and I do remember you stepped in and helped her.
    *grabs the pie and duplicates it with my duplicator and tosses several pie into the forum to see where they all land, OHH... splat one came back and got me* * then runs off to hide*

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    Chohole's freebies must be used in your June entries blah blah blah

EXCELLENT idea.

Not so fast, Dorseyland!

I've been going through Kenhole Chodall's site, and most of that stuff covers up the entire body. How are we supposed to use period gowns in a contest about pin-up babes?

If needs be, though, I can use the monk's tonsil hair or whatever it's called. Might make a nice skirt.

:vampire:

• Gloomy007Gloomy007 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:

EXCELLENT idea.

Not so fast, Dorseyland!

I've been going through Kenhole Chodall's site, and most of that stuff covers up the entire body. How are we supposed to use period gowns in a contest about pin-up babes?

If needs be, though, I can use the monk's tonsil hair or whatever it's called. Might make a nice skirt.

Oh dorsey.. time to learn about material zones and making things invisible trought transparency slide ;)

• Sky77Sky77 Posts: 820
    edited December 1969

Krissy said:
    music2u4u said:

EXCELLENT idea.

Not so fast, Dorseyland!

Oh dorsey.. time to learn about material zones and making things invisible trought transparency slide ;)

Just don't make it too transparent! :bug:
    (you have to be careful what you tell Dorsey!) ;-P

edited December 1969

So I can make Cho's textures invisible and they still count? Not sure I'm following you. %-P

edited December 1969

Oh, okay, Sky's explained. The trick is SHEER textures, Got it.