"Feel the Romance" - May Freebie chalenge

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    Chohole's freebies must be used in your June entries blah blah blah

EXCELLENT idea.

Not so fast, Dorseyland!

I've been going through Kenhole Chodall's site, and most of that stuff covers up the entire body. How are we supposed to use period gowns in a contest about pin-up babes?

If needs be, though, I can use the monk's tonsil hair or whatever it's called. Might make a nice skirt.

:vampire:

Or if your model is suffciently well endowed she could wear a couple of hats as booby covers. :coolsmirk:

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:

EXCELLENT idea.

Not so fast, Dorseyland!

I've been going through Kenhole Chodall's site, and most of that stuff covers up the entire body. How are we supposed to use period gowns in a contest about pin-up babes?

That is what makes it a CHALLENGE!

Kendall

• Gloomy007Gloomy007 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

So I can make Cho's textures invisible and they still count? Not sure I'm following you. %-P

Dorsey I promise you Next month we will give you a helmet :P

Part of the texture... part

• Sky77Sky77 Posts: 820
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:

EXCELLENT idea.

Not so fast, Dorseyland!

Kendall

I must agree with both of you though... doing a summer fun and pin ups using Cho's textures will be an interesting challenge indeed!! :lol:

edited December 1969

Krissy said:
    So I can make Cho's textures invisible and they still count? Not sure I'm following you. %-P

Dorsey I promise you Next month we will give you a helmet :P

Part of the texture... part

ROFL...

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    music2u4u said:

EXCELLENT idea.

Not so fast, Dorseyland!

If needs be, though, I can use the monk's tonsil hair or whatever it's called. Might make a nice skirt.

:vampire:

Or if your model is suffciently well endowed she could wear a couple of hats as booby covers. :coolsmirk:

:lol: Do hats satisfy the TOS? :bug: ;)

edited May 2012

music2u4u said:

EXCELLENT idea.

Not so fast, Dorseyland!

Kendall

I must agree with both of you though... doing a summer fun and pin ups using Cho's textures will be an interesting challenge indeed!! :lol:

I'm looking forward to some Classy pin-ups. Is is very possible for a woman to be sexy without overt sensuality. This is a chance to depict those qualities that make women truly beautiful.

EDIT2: an example (sorta) http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs25/i/2008/164/5/a/jessica_rabbit_by_nightwing1975.jpg
    and another: http://www.jamieleecurtisonline.com/bilder/press/people_aug1994/people01.jpg

Just my opinion.

Kendall

EDIT: Grrrr! I keep getting kicked off mid-reply and losing (parts of) my text.

Post edited by Kendall Sears on
  • deeleelaw57deeleelaw57 Posts: 1,478
    edited December 1969

Title: A Bowl of

Scene
    CW_CafeTableSet free site reg req.
    plate free site reg req
    Fruit fruit_tc, fruit2_tc, fruit3_tc - ten down,
    mapps flowers nine down
    simple room free site reg req.
    Reflective Floor row 2 item 1
    room rug free site reg req.
    glass shader presetson table top
    Ultimate Shader Pack free site reg req. metal shaders on plate and table metal

Not counted, site not active
    background DCP_8395 free stuff item two

DAZ Studio 3.0
    One Distance Light
    Two Spot Lights One with Raytraced Shadow
    Three Point Lights all with Deep Shadow Map
    Image cropped to size with Photoshop Elements 6.

A_Bowl_Off.jpg
    800 x 648 - 293K
  • Oom FooyatOom Fooyat Posts: 0
    edited May 2012

music2u4u said:

EXCELLENT idea.

Not so fast, Dorseyland!

Kendall

I'm looking forward to some Classy pin-ups. Is is very possible for a woman to be sexy without overt sensuality. This is a chance to depict those qualities that make women truly beautiful.

Just my opinion.

Kendall

Isn't this comment a bit one sided. What about sexy, sensual, truly beautiful men?

(Like me :cheese: )

Oom.

Post edited by Oom Fooyat on
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:

EXCELLENT idea.

Not so fast, Dorseyland!

Kendall

Just my opinion.

Kendall

Isn't this comment a bit one sided. What about sexy, sensual, truly beautiful men?

(Like me :cheese: )

Oom.

OK. You caught me being sexist. :-)

However, women are not called the fairer gender for nothing.

Kendall

• Oom FooyatOom Fooyat Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks DT, thank you all for saying how you felt, thought I was the only one sittin and tearing up, sounds stupid I know, but when you have so very little to look forward to, this contest is a godsend, and too are the daily fast grabs *were* I'd have a few dollars and something would be down around where I could afford it I'd get so tickled, it made my day, and tuesdays freebies, no matter what it was I loved it, and most times I find a reason to use them lol er did .... *imma go curl up in my corner now and be sad some more, I'll eventually come out of it. RDNA and Renderosity are still easy to move around and find things :( *waves*

If you missed it, this might help a little.
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/people?cat=2&dir=asc&order=price
    It is a search that is supposed to bring up the entire store sorted on price. A bit hard to verify but it looks alight..

Cheers! Oom

• perlkperlk Posts: 840
    edited December 1969

Congratulations Perlk on your engagement and pending marriage.:-)

Thanks, Lulu!

• perlkperlk Posts: 840
    edited December 1969
    edited May 2012

So.. you say you cannot use periodic dress in a pinup.. here is an example.. MFD with one of chohole beautiful textures with skirt turned invisible..
    Gosh the month of june will be one of the most exciting :)

texture_inv.jpg
    349 x 600 - 33K
    Post edited by Gloomy007 on
    edited December 1969

dleelaw57 said:

Scene
    CW_CafeTableSet free site reg req.
    plate free site reg req
    Fruit fruit_tc, fruit2_tc, fruit3_tc - ten down,
    mapps flowers nine down
    simple room free site reg req.
    Reflective Floor row 2 item 1
    room rug free site reg req.
    glass shader presetson table top
    Ultimate Shader Pack free site reg req. metal shaders on plate and table metal

Not counted, site not active
    background DCP_8395 free stuff item two

DAZ Studio 3.0
    One Distance Light
    Two Spot Lights One with Raytraced Shadow
    Three Point Lights all with Deep Shadow Map
    Image cropped to size with Photoshop Elements 6.

Yay yet an entry !! Thank you Dana.
    I was wondering when bowl of fruit will show up ;)

Alllinka are good BTW..

edited December 1969

Krissy said:
    dleelaw57 said:

Yay yet an entry !! Thank you Dana.
    I was wondering when bowl of fruit will show up ;)

Alllinka are good BTW..

Thanks Krissy - I this is the old standard for still life.
    By the way, you are close on the name It does start with D, but
    in this case the D is for Dave.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,060
    edited December 1969

dleelaw57 said:

Nice! Those are some huge raspberries, though! :wow:

Dana

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    ... I have listed Trumacar for November challenge. ...

Considering the theme that I gave you for November, that's going to be quite the challenge... but not impossible.
    edited December 1969

Rob, in case I forget to PM you. I changed all the links to my site in your Aiko 3 list. I think I got them all. Sorry I forgot to tell you it had changed.

edited May 2012

DanaTA said:

Nice! Those are some huge raspberries, though! :wow:

Dana

Thanks for noticing Dana. They were genetically crossed with a strawberry.
    Juice a few in a blender with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and a chunk or two of chocolate for a cool summer treat.

edit once for poor spelling

Post edited by deeleelaw57 on
    edited December 1969

Just wanted to give another example of fully clothed pinup. This woman is even wearing her coat... And she is internationally considered a "great" pinup.

:-)

http://images.vogue.it/Storage/Assets/Crops/1905/10/1801/mae-west_784x0.jpg

Kendall

• agsears_f6a68cb825agsears_f6a68cb825 Posts: 169
    edited May 2012

This is my sign with letters up close. The light borders are off in this render. I am currently rendering a version with the light border on.

BTW, NAE.

Alexa ;)

close-up-sign-800x600.jpg
    800 x 600 - 63K
    Post edited by agsears_f6a68cb825 on
  • jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

after spending the day being locked out of the forum it's good to be back in again. sure will be glad when all the bugs are worked out with the new site... Having to use cho's stuff for pin-up month is definitely going to bring on a challenge, but doable. (that really is a word, figured I'd get the red lines for that word)

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

Just wanted to give another example of fully clothed pinup. This woman is even wearing her coat... And she is internationally considered a "great" pinup.

:-)

http://images.vogue.it/Storage/Assets/Crops/1905/10/1801/mae-west_784x0.jpg

Kendall

Ahhh...a prelude to next month's challenge I see.

BTW...one more day left in this month. ( I got to get busy!)

I NEED DONATIONS FOR JUNE!

:-/

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

jeeperz said:
    after spending the day being locked out of the forum it's good to be back in again. sure will be glad when all the bugs are worked out with the new site... Having to use cho's stuff for pin-up month is definitely going to bring on a challenge, but doable. (that really is a word, figured I'd get the red lines for that word)

LOL...Didn't know you could pick locks....lol.

:cheese:

edited May 2012

Hey Music, you need to start posting some more, to get your post count up. You need to get as far as 251 to get another little green box under your name, and your status then goes up to "Active Member". Our head Honcho ought to be one of those I reckon.

It appears that only people who talk a lot are considered "active" :roll: Except for Mods of coure, we don't get a change of status, just get to get the ltille green boxes.

I reckon they should make each additional box a different colour, to spice the site up a bit. Or give us our Avatars back

Choavianime.gif
    100 x 100 - 8K
    Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    jeeperz said:

LOL...Didn't know you could pick locks....lol.

:cheese:

I am a woman of many talents music. lock picking is just one of them.... oops, did I just say that????? I AM NOT A THIEF FOLKS, honest...

edited December 1969

this is totally off subject, but I just watched this cool proposal, we do things big in Oregon, sorry guys, this one shows you all up big time, don't think it can be topped.
    http://vimeo.com/42828824

edited December 1969

Whew finally got back in. Is it just me or does the link for the Freepozitory send everyone to the "site down" screen?
    I only got back in here by clicking on my previous posts under public profile... hmmm is someone trying to keep me out??? :down:

:lol:

edited December 1969

I had that problem yesterday, every time I tried to log in it kicked me to my account page and then I would try to go back to the forum and it would insist I log in to post, then I would log in and the cycle continued until I gave up