[Released] Camera Doctor Bundle [Commercial]

RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,361
edited December 2021 in Daz PA Commercial Products

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/2f/ec21652a20c9cb3a9097c06e9338ba.jpgThe Doctor is back with the Camera Doctor Bundle! The Camera Doctor Bundle includes 4 amazing camera script products, providing a large suite of scripts that make creating, accessing, and using cameras quicker and easier. Get more productive with the Camera Doctor Bundle! The Camera Doctor Bundle includes:

• Camera Cutway (Iray Only) - Camera Cutaway is a small suite of scripts that use Iray Section Node Planes to improve your scene, whether reducing rendering time or cutting away objects to be able to render inside them. Cutaway planes can be turned on and off quickly and easily, enabling rendering of your scene without drastically changing your scene by deleting or hiding objects.
  • Camera Doctor - Camera Doctor is a suite of scripts that make creating, accessing, and using cameras quicker and easier. Camera Doctor adds 16 great scripts!
  • Camera DOF - Camera Depth of Field (DOF) is a script that makes using depth of field for your cameras quicker and easier. Depth of field effects is awesome but can be a pain to set up sometimes when you want to ensure a specific portion of your scene is in focus. Quickly and easily set the camera focal distance and f/stop to get exactly what you want in focus! Just start the script and select the object you want to focus on. Individually control Focal Distance and f/Stop.
  • Camera POV - Create cameras showing the point of view of a figure or the sun (for setting up Iray Sun/Sky Only Environment Mode shadows)

Tutorial Video

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on

Comments

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,361
    edited December 2021

Camera Cutaway is a small suite of scripts that use Iray Section Node Planes to improve your scene, whether reducing rendering time or cutting away objects to be able to render inside them. Cutaway planes can be turned on and off quickly and easily, enabling rendering of your scene without drastically changing your scene by deleting or hiding objects.

Part of the Camera Doctor Bundle, Camera Cutaway adds 4 great scripts! Camera Cutaway includes:

• Camera Cutaway - Quickly and easily optimize your Iray rendering time with Camera Cutaway! Camera Cutaway uses Iray Section Node Planes to easily clip away objects outside the view of the camera, reducing rendering time. Even better, cutaway planes move with the camera and will work with animations! Add Cutaway Planes to the top, bottom, and/or sides of your camera view individually.
    • Camera Cutaway Hide All - Hide, or disable, all Camera Cutaways in your scene. Scene Cutaways are untouched.
    • Camera Cutaway Reset - Resets all Camera Cutaways to be outside the view of your cameras. Use this when you change the global or local camera aspect ratios to move the Camera Cutaways back outside the view.
    • Camera Scene Cutaway - Peer deep inside your scene with Scene Cutaway! Scene Cutaway sets up an Iray Section Plane that can be oriented to the scene, selected object, or camera. Scene cutaways are awesome when you want to render inside a room but cannot easily orient the camera because of space. No more worrying about if an object has a wall that can be hidden. No more worrying that hiding objects will change the scene lighting either. Just use Scene Cutaway!

A script is also included for installing the scripts as custom actions.

This product is for Iray only. Note that Camera Cutaways reduce rendering time but do not change the amount of GPU memory required. Camera Cutaways may change the lighting of your scene because of lights outside the cutaway plane. By turning the Clip Lights option on, your scene will render as if the cutaway does not exist but rendering time will not be optimized.

main.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 250K
    popup_1.jpg
    1300 x 1024 - 337K
    popup_2.jpg
    1300 x 1024 - 374K
    popup_3.jpg
    1300 x 1188 - 501K
    popup_4.jpg
    1702 x 1000 - 359K
    popup_5.jpg
    1300 x 1447 - 474K
    popup_6.jpg
    1415 x 1575 - 282K
    popup_7.jpg
    1778 x 1000 - 353K
    edited December 2021

The Doctor is back with Camera Doctor! Camera Doctor is a suite of scripts that make creating, accessing and using cameras quicker and easier. Part of the Camera Doctor Bundle, Camera Doctor adds 16 great scripts! Camera Doctor includes:

• Camera Orbit - Orbit any camera around its parent.
    • Camera Switcher - Quickly and easily switch between all cameras in the scene.
    • Camera Visual Switcher - Quickly and easily switch between all cameras in the scene using previews of the cameras. Also allows multiple cameras to frame and aim at selected nodes in one operation.
    • Cameras Aim At Selection - Makes all selected cameras aim at the selected nodes (excluding the cameras)
    • Cameras Frame Selection - Makes all selected cameras frame the selected nodes (excluding the cameras)
    • Cameras Hide in Scene - Hide selected or all cameras in the scene.
    • Cameras Show in Scene - Show selected or all cameras in the scene.
    • Create Closeup Camera - Head - Create a closeup camera focused on the selected figure's head. Great for seeing and working with expressions!
    • Create Closeup Camera - Left Foot - Create a closeup camera focused on the selected figure's left foot. Great for zooming in on the foot while getting your character to stand on the floor.
    • Create Closeup Camera - Left Hand - Create a closeup camera focused on the selected figure's left hand. Quickly see and pose your figure's left hand
    • Create Closeup Camera - Right Foot - Create a closeup camera focused on the selected figure's right foot. Great for zooming in on the foot while getting your character to stand on the floor.
    • Create Closeup Camera - Right Hand - Create a closeup camera focused on the selected figure's right hand. Quickly see and pose your figure's right hand
    • Create Closeup Camera - Create a closeup camera focused on the selected node.
    • Make Cameras Non-Selectable in Scene - Make selected or all cameras in the scene non-selectable in the viewport.
    • Make Cameras Selectable in Scene - Make selected or all cameras in the scene non-selectable in the viewport.
    • Orthogonal Cameras Frame Selection - Quickly make all orthogonal cameras (e.g., left, top) frame the current selection, which is useful when posing.

The figure scripts work with most figures and characters. A script is also included for installing the scripts as custom actions.

main.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 246K
    popup_1.jpg
    1000 x 1584 - 428K
    popup_2.jpg
    1300 x 1024 - 316K
    popup_3.jpg
    1300 x 1024 - 287K
    popup_4.jpg
    1300 x 1024 - 256K
    popup_5.jpg
    1717 x 1000 - 274K
    popup_6.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 230K
    edited December 2021

Camera Depth of Field (DOF) is a script that makes using depth of field for your cameras quicker and easier. Depth of field effects is awesome but can be a pain to set up sometimes when you want to ensure a specific portion of your scene is in focus. Quickly and easily set the camera focal distance and f/stop to get exactly what you want in focus! Just start the script and select the object you want to focus on. Individually control Focal Distance and f/Stop. Camera DOF is a great addition to the Camera Doctor Bundle!

A script is also included for installing the DOF script as custom actions.

Note that the f/Stop tool is only available in Daz Studio 4.15.1.83 and above.

main.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 265K
    popup_1.jpg
    1651 x 1300 - 463K
    popup_2.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 207K
    popup_3.jpg
    1778 x 1000 - 397K
  • Camera Point of View (POV) includes 2 scripts to create cameras showing the point of view of a figure or the sun (for setting up Iray Sun/Sky Only Environment Mode shadows). Part of the Camera Doctor Bundle, Camera Doctor adds 2 great scripts! Camera POV includes:

• Create POV Camera - Create a camera that shows the point of view (POV) of the selected figure. Show the point of view using the head or eyes! POV Cameras follow the parented node's orientation. POV Cameras parented to the eyes look exactly where the eyes are looking. The script works with most figures and characters.
    • Create Sun POV Camera - Create a "Sun" camera that makes it quick and easy to position the Iray sun! With the Sun POV Camera, you just point the camera to the place you want the sun rays to hit. This script is intended for Iray renders using the Sun/Sky Only Environment Mode (and will automatically set the mode on execution).

A script is also included for installing the scripts as custom actions.

main.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 243K
    popup_1.jpg
    1800 x 1012 - 383K
    popup_2.jpg
    1300 x 1024 - 305K
    popup_3.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 412K
    popup_4.jpg
    1778 x 1000 - 570K
    popup_5.jpg
    1778 x 1000 - 643K
    popup_6.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 261K
    popup_7.jpg
    1300 x 1024 - 314K
  • SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

No brainer for me. Great idea!

• I am looking forward to this - very useful for me!

• okay, the Doctor is back. Do I need a prescription? Or is it over the counter? laugh. I am already bought and sold.

• Sigurd said:

No brainer for me. Great idea!

Thank you! smiley

• Eggs Actly said:

I am looking forward to this - very useful for me!

I hope you will love it!

• Mark_e593e0a5 said:

okay, the Doctor is back. Do I need a prescription? Or is it over the counter? laugh. I am already bought and sold.

laugh  It looks like you will need a Daz prescription!

• It's like you read my mind! Even if you know how to set up DOF. It is really hard to work with in DS. But the results can really up the realism. Thanks again for this must buy item.

• Granville said:

It's like you read my mind! Even if you know how to set up DOF. It is really hard to work with in DS. But the results can really up the realism. Thanks again for this must buy item.

You're welcome!  As I mentioned in the video, the DOF script is why I started Camera Doctor because I wanted it so much.

• rorsdorsrorsdors Posts: 47
    edited December 2021

Your video was very informative and really sold it! Looking forward to using the product.

Post edited by rorsdors on
  • So... when are we getting it? I have the budget set aside to get this at launch!

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

very cool!

i've been playing with depth of field a lot the past few weeks...and more than once i've caught myself wishing you offered a script/product for that. 

so yay!

j

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,013

FenixPhoenix said:

So... when are we getting it? I have the budget set aside to get this at launch!

Now: https://www.daz3d.com/camera-doctor-bundle
  • rorsdors said:

Looking forward to this!!

Thanks.  I hope you love it!  Please post comments and suggestions!

• FenixPhoenix said:

So... when are we getting it? I have the budget set aside to get this at launch!

It is all ready for you!  If there is something you would like to see as a PA, please suggest it.

• jardine said:

very cool!

i've been playing with depth of field a lot the past few weeks...and more than once i've caught myself wishing you offered a script/product for that. 

so yay!

j

Great minds think alike! smiley  Camera DOF is something I have wanted since I started using DS.

• In my cart already! :D Can't wait to play with these, as a fan of DOF!

• FenixPhoenix said:

In my cart already! :D Can't wait to play with these, as a fan of DOF!

Awesome!  Enjoy! smiley

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,773

You have been really busy - congrats on the release.

• Artini said:

You have been really busy - congrats on the release.

Thanks @Artini!  Yes. It took a long time and a lot of work!

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,725

Work done, now I just finished my purchase and will fire up my render computers. You gave me something I knew I needed somehow but couldn't figure out for myself.

All I can offer are my simple thanks and hopes for a warm and happy season for you. 

Mary

• memcneil70 said:

Work done, now I just finished my purchase and will fire up my render computers. You gave me something I knew I needed somehow but couldn't figure out for myself.

All I can offer are my simple thanks and hopes for a warm and happy season for you. 

Mary

Thank you very much!  I hope you love it and you have a happy holidays as well!

• As others have said, the DOF Doctor is number one on my want list.  I understand DOF in theory, but dadgum it, I just can't make it work in Studio!  What I usually end up doing is separate renders for the foreground and background, then layering and shopping it in post. Thank you so much for this!

• zombiewhacker said:

As others have said, the DOF Doctor is number one on my want list.  I understand DOF in theory, but dadgum it, I just can't make it work in Studio!  What I usually end up doing is separate renders for the foreground and background, then layering and shopping it in post. Thank you so much for this!

You're very welcome!  Enjoy! smiley

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327

Hi.  Just purchased and can't wait to try this out.  Especially for speeding up my renders.

I am trying to install the scripts, and I noticed a strange problem with the path that it is trying to install to:

Fa&vorites/Camera Doctor

Can I just remove the leading folder or modify?  I just want these in the default scripts dropdown.

• dougjdougj Posts: 92
    edited December 2021

I believe this is the correct default path: Favorites/Camera Doctor

I tried to change it to the Scripts dropdown and nothing showed up.

Post edited by dougj on