[Released] Camera Doctor Bundle [Commercial]

Comments

• Ghosty12Ghosty12 Posts: 1,982
    edited December 2021

I was um and ahhing about buying this bundle, but so very glad I did for it does one thing that has irked me alot about Studio's cameras..

It is that when you create a camera in Studio, frame select a figure and parent that camera to the figure, you decide later that you want to pan the camera around the figure using the controls in the viewport..

Instead of having the camera pan around the figure the camera instead goes flying off into nothingness, to get around that you always had to unparent the camera and do the adjustments then reparent the camera..

This awesome set of products stops that and I love it, thank you so very much for these awesome scripts.. laughyesheart

Post edited by Ghosty12 on
  • Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327

dougj said:

I believe this is the correct default path: Favorites/Camera Doctor

I tried to change it to the Scripts dropdown and nothing showed up.

But what about the mispelling?  It is showing as Fa&vorites

• RiverSoft ArtRiverSoft Art Posts: 6,370
    edited December 2021

Geminii23 said:

dougj said:

Are you on Windows?  The & sign has to do with the accelator key for the Favorites menu (i.e., the v is underlined when you press the Alt key).  Favorites is the top-level menu (at same level as File).  If you want it to be scripts you can change it.

Post edited by RiverSoft Art on
  • Ghosty12 said:

I was um and ahhing about buying this bundle, but so very glad I did for it does one thing that has irked me alot about Studio's cameras..

It is that when you create a camera in Studio, frame select a figure and parent that camera to the figure, you decide later that you want to pan the camera around the figure using the controls in the viewport..

Instead of having the camera pan around the figure the camera instead goes flying off into nothingness, to get around that you always had to unparent the camera and do the adjustments then reparent the camera..

This awesome set of products stops that and I love it, thank you so very much for these awesome scripts.. laughyesheart

You're very welcome!  I certainly understand.  It is the little things that are an on-going aggravation; when they are finally gone, it is such as relief! smiley

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327

RiverSoftArt said:

Geminii23 said:

dougj said:

Are you on Windows?  The & sign has to do with the accelator key for the Favorites menu (i.e., the v is underlined when you press the Alt key).  Favorites is the top-level menu (at same level as File).  If you want it to be scripts you can change it.

Yes, I am on Windows.  Ok, so the & sign is correct then for ensuring hotkey selection.  And if I want them in Scripts instead then I change it to Scripts/Camera Doctor

• Geminii23 said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Geminii23 said:

dougj said:

Yes, I am on Windows.  Ok, so the & sign is correct then for ensuring hotkey selection.  And if I want them in Scripts instead then I change it to Scripts/Camera Doctor

There is always the option to move around the menu items via the configuration panel. The "favorites" and "Scripts" menus can be found in "Window/Workspace/Customize" (Shortcut is F3). In the popup, locate "Menus" on the right hand side. In "Main Menu bar" you will find the Scripts and Favorites menu. Just select the sub-menu item and drag it where you want to have it.

• The product should come with a warning sign - addictive laugh. Playing around quite a bit, and I am pretty sure it will be one of the most used utilities in my workflow.

I do have one enhancement request for a next version, though. For the "Camera Switcher" and "Camera Visual Switcher" scripts, an option to invoke the camera headlight would be great.

• SolitarySandpiperSolitarySandpiper Posts: 468
    edited December 2021

quick question... when using the DOF script, does it centralize your selection in the camera view?

edit: rewatching the tutorial i can see that it doesn't, which is great.

Post edited by SolitarySandpiper on
  • Mark_e593e0a5 said:

The product should come with a warning sign - addictive laugh. Playing around quite a bit, and I am pretty sure it will be one of the most used utilities in my workflow.

I do have one enhancement request for a next version, though. For the "Camera Switcher" and "Camera Visual Switcher" scripts, an option to invoke the camera headlight would be great.

I thought about camera headlight, but as I always turn it off at the render settings, I didn't know how useful it would be for people.  Ok, I will make a note of it.

It is addictive! laugh  Especially the Camera Visual Switcher.  For some reason, I find it cool to watch the views change as I go up and down the undo stack smiley

• SolitarySandpiper said:

quick question... when using the DOF script, does it centralize your selection in the camera view?

As you saw, definitely not!  That would not be nearly as useful.

• RiverSoftArt said:

SolitarySandpiper said:

As you saw, definitely not!  That would not be nearly as useful.

Effectively a selectable (off center) focus point ... a very welcome addition from a photography perspective.

• RiverSoftArt said:

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

The product should come with a warning sign - addictive laugh. Playing around quite a bit, and I am pretty sure it will be one of the most used utilities in my workflow.

I thought about camera headlight, but as I always turn it off at the render settings, I didn't know how useful it would be for people.  Ok, I will make a note of it.

It is addictive! laugh  Especially the Camera Visual Switcher.  For some reason, I find it cool to watch the views change as I go up and down the undo stack smiley

I usually have it off in renders as well. The issue with not having a headlight is with scenes that are having scene lights, but too dim to really make the scene shine in e.g. texture viewport mode. All you see is a dfark silouette (if you are lucky) or a black scene (if you are not that lucky). So a temporary headlight while selecting the best camera would be very helpful. 

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,928
    edited December 2021

WoW!

This is exactly what I needed!

INSTA-BOUGHT!

Thanks so much for your incredible work!

EDIT: The only disadvantage is that I'm gonna have to re-do my scene's multi-puppeteer cameras poses!

EDIT2: I was wrong, I won't have to change my cams as this works in conjunction with them, I am so glad that I bought this!

Post edited by takezo_3001 on
  • Mark_e593e0a5 said:

RiverSoftArt said:

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

I usually have it off in renders as well. The issue with not having a headlight is with scenes that are having scene lights, but too dim to really make the scene shine in e.g. texture viewport mode. All you see is a dfark silouette (if you are lucky) or a black scene (if you are not that lucky). So a temporary headlight while selecting the best camera would be very helpful. 

I just use the CTRL-L shortcut that makes the texture mode viewport not dark (not sure exactly what it does)

• takezo_3001 said:

WoW!

INSTA-BOUGHT!

EDIT: The only disadvantage is that I'm gonna have to re-do my scene's multi-puppeteer cameras poses!

EDIT2: I was wrong, I won't have to change my cams as this works in conjunction with them, I am so glad that I bought this!

I am glad you like it! smiley  I was not sure what you meant by the "re-do my scene's multi-puppeteer camera poses" but I am happy to hear that it works for you.

edited December 2021

RiverSoftArt said:

takezo_3001 said:

WoW!

INSTA-BOUGHT!

I am glad you like it! smiley  I was not sure what you meant by the "re-do my scene's multi-puppeteer camera poses" but I am happy to hear that it works for you.

In most of my scenes, I have a crap-ton of character and camera poses set up with puppeteer, as I use that program heavily for most of my scenes, not only for poses but for cams, animation, and morphs, it is the most versatile native Daz studio tool to date!

I have 60 cams dots saved in puppeteer in one of my scenes and re-doing all of those cams would have been a pain but unlike the last mostly useless cam product I mistakenly bought, this works magnificently well!

EDIT: I just bought your LAM2 as it will go perfectly with this product!

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,849

Nobody seems to post any renders.

Is it too difficult to use or what???

I have seen so many positive opinions in this thread...

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

What would a person render? You couldn't tell whether a camera script was used in setting up the scene or not.

edited December 2021

Artini said:

It is frightfully easy to use, just select the camera in your scene, run the script and hit apply! The great thing about these scripts is that the instruction is built right into them!

I'll post a render of a very old PG-rated scene as most of my current ones are not allowed here so it's gonna take some time...

EDIT: Ok, the first one has the werewolf highlighted for the DOF, the second is the sword I also was able to position the sun using the sun-cam, as well as speeding up my render and using less VRAM by using the cam cutaway setting.

THE PREDATOR FOV WW HEAD.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    THE PREDATOR FOV SWORD.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,163

barbult said:

What would a person render? You couldn't tell whether a camera script was used in setting up the scene or not.

On top of that, the scripts don't do anything that couldn't be done without them. It's just an ease-of-use addon, not something that changes how your renders look in any noticeable way.

I ran the "CD Install Custom CD Actions" script and changed the path, but it installed all of them in to Favorites/Camera Doctor anyway, ignoring the path I gave it. sad

• takezo_3001 said:

RiverSoftArt said:

takezo_3001 said:

WoW!

INSTA-BOUGHT!

In most of my scenes, I have a crap-ton of character and camera poses set up with puppeteer, as I use that program heavily for most of my scenes, not only for poses but for cams, animation, and morphs, it is the most versatile native Daz studio tool to date!

I have 60 cams dots saved in puppeteer in one of my scenes and re-doing all of those cams would have been a pain but unlike the last mostly useless cam product I mistakenly bought, this works magnificently well!

EDIT: I just bought your LAM2 as it will go perfectly with this product!

Ah! Thanks for the explanation.  I don't use puppeteer so I was lost smiley  I am glad it works for you (and thank you for the additional support the LAM2 wink)

• takezo_3001 said:

Artini said:

It is frightfully easy to use, just select the camera in your scene, run the script and hit apply! The great thing about these scripts is that the instruction is built right into them!

I'll post a render of a very old PG-rated scene as most of my current ones are not allowed here so it's gonna take some time...

EDIT: Ok, the first one has the werewolf highlighted for the DOF, the second is the sword I also was able to position the sun using the sun-cam, as well as speeding up my render and using less VRAM by using the cam cutaway setting.

The renders look great! (thanks for sharing) I am glad you like the scripts!  

• Gordig said:

barbult said:

On top of that, the scripts don't do anything that couldn't be done without them. It's just an ease-of-use addon, not something that changes how your renders look in any noticeable way.

Maybe they are hoping for an unbiased review of the different scripts?  (and compared to doing it manually?)  That would be helpful to people.

• barbult said:

I ran the "CD Install Custom CD Actions" script and changed the path, but it installed all of them in to Favorites/Camera Doctor anyway, ignoring the path I gave it. sad

Oops. blush  Sorry about that.  Ok, it will be fixed in the first update (whenever that will be).  If you cannot wait:

1. Load CD Install Custom CD Actions.dsa into a text editor.
    2. Before line 128, add "  sActionMenu = output[0];" // without the quotes
    3. Save

So far, the update will have:

1. CD Install Custom CD Actions Bug Fix
    2. (Tentatively if people want them) 3 New Scripts in Camera Doctor product (and the bundle of course)
      1. CD Cameras Headlamp Auto (turn selected/all camera headlamp mode to Auto)
      2. CD Cameras Headlamp On (turn selected/all camera headlamp mode to On)
      3. CD Cameras Headlamp Off(turn selected/all camera headlamp mode to Off)
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,849
    edited December 2021

takezo_3001 said:

Artini said:

Thanks a lot for taking the time to show the results with the set - well done.

Post edited by Artini on

I just went into the Daz Studio Customize (F3) interface and moved all the shortcuts out of Favorites to where I wanted them. Took only a few seconds.

• barbult said:

I just went into the Daz Studio Customize (F3) interface and moved all the shortcuts out of Favorites to where I wanted them. Took only a few seconds.

I did the same. I have made a sub-menu for RiversoftArt items. Same with all the Ultra stuf (UltraScenery, UltraScatter). All my favourite ulitilties providers. I have to admit that the RiversoftArt submenu is getting quite large laugh 

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

barbult said:

I did the same. I have made a sub-menu for RiversoftArt items. Same with all the Ultra stuf (UltraScenery, UltraScatter). All my favourite ulitilties providers. I have to admit that the RiversoftArt submenu is getting quite large laugh 

Mine too!

If you are receptive to suggestions for an update (whenever...) I would like a way to change draw style while in the camera visual switcher. I usually have my viewport in Texture Shaded, but when the switcher shows me previews, sometimes I cannot make out enough detail to know what I am looking at. A way to quickly switch to a different draw style, without exiting the script and starting it over, would be useful to me.

For example, in Texture Shaded, I can't tell where the path is on my ground texture. I switch to Filament (PBR) and voila, I see it clearly.

Texture Shader Visual Preview.jpg
    671 x 847 - 90K
    Filament Visual Preview.jpg
    671 x 847 - 98K