Do you make custom characters?

1235»

Comments

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,300

I rarely use out of the box characters, and do quite a bit of dial spinning some times.

Imps on snail.png
    1061 x 1500 - 2M
    Alien 2.png
    1132 x 1600 - 2M
    Dark Elf sm.png
    1414 x 2000 - 3M
    IceDwellers 2.png
    849 x 1200 - 1023K
  • daveso said:

this is an attempt at a it older woman. Straight render.Csn you guess the base character?

O.k.:
    This is super impressive. Top notch, well done.

• MelissaGT said:

FenixPhoenix said:

MelissaGT said:

Most of what I do is all custom characters. I do a lot of fanart, so I try to recreate NPC's with my own interpretation, or my player characters - 

Theron (NPC from Star Wars: The Old Republic) - 

100/10 lol! I would snatch him up if he hit the store..., even more so if he was available in real life! So handsome!

Thanks! He was created on G3 and then transferred to G8 (pictured above), though I feel like I could probably do him even more justice by tweaking a bit more with the improved facial rigging of G8.1. Also I think I could use a much better eye texture now. The skin is my customized tweaks to Michael 7.  

Here's a piece I did with him back in G3 days with my other custom character, Lelu (also pictured in my original post) - 

And custom tattoos I did for him (hopefully ok, shouldn't be outside of rules) - 

I really love him, especially the fact that he's racially ambiguous. Like he could come from anywhere and I'd believe it! So if you're using Michael's 7 skin, are the eyebrows tweaked as well? You really did a superb job on him for sure!

• scorpio said:

I rarely use out of the box characters, and do quite a bit of dial spinning some times.

I can't with the cuteness of that baby tiger! I love using Tobyn to babify characters, especially monsters (though the morphs may break at times). :)

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

After seeing how this Metamixer product works it's now feasible for me do do more of making unique characters.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

G1 char I made the other day

• csaacsaa Posts: 805

I have been transfering some of my custom characters in Blender Eevee as cel shaded renders. I find this look more appropriate for the D&D game where I use these images. Here are samples showing the Daz Iray and the Blender renders.

Cheers!

• MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,602

FenixPhoenix said:

MelissaGT said:

FenixPhoenix said:

MelissaGT said:

Most of what I do is all custom characters. I do a lot of fanart, so I try to recreate NPC's with my own interpretation, or my player characters - 

Theron (NPC from Star Wars: The Old Republic) - 

100/10 lol! I would snatch him up if he hit the store..., even more so if he was available in real life! So handsome!

Thanks! He was created on G3 and then transferred to G8 (pictured above), though I feel like I could probably do him even more justice by tweaking a bit more with the improved facial rigging of G8.1. Also I think I could use a much better eye texture now. The skin is my customized tweaks to Michael 7.  

Here's a piece I did with him back in G3 days with my other custom character, Lelu (also pictured in my original post) - 

And custom tattoos I did for him (hopefully ok, shouldn't be outside of rules) - 

I really love him, especially the fact that he's racially ambiguous. Like he could come from anywhere and I'd believe it! So if you're using Michael's 7 skin, are the eyebrows tweaked as well? You really did a superb job on him for sure!

It's hard working off of a cartoon as a character reference - 

His mother appears to be of Asian descent, while his father appears to be of Indonesian descent...while keeping in mind that it's Star Wars, so it's not even based in our universe. 

Michael 7 has painted eyebrows, so I did keep them, and then I also used Supernatural Brows (tweaked) over the painted brows. This is a trick I often use with my characters. I very rarely use fiber brows that come with characters (if they have them). 

• This is my main character I created about two years ago. She started as just another morph taken from a character I bought, transfered to G3F from G8F. I wanted better, so I took her into Blender and re-worked her to make her what you see here. She still uses the skin from the character I morphed her from, but she is a character of her own with completely independant morphs and joint corrections, etc. I have two others I made like this, and a morph of the original G8F character I mentioned above. If anyone wants to see what else I do, be sure to find me on Pixiv.

Her name is Kanzaki Sachiko (神崎幸子).

Waiting A.jpg
    1135 x 1500 - 959K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514

...really cute and actually looks like a real child, not a minature adult.

• Like many others, I never use any character out of the box. I usually start by blending three or four characters together, and make further changes from there. Here's one of my recent ones.

211129a.png
    812 x 944 - 1M
    211129c.png
    618 x 1000 - 1M

....as we will no longer see another update for Generation X, wondering if 3D Universe's Character Mixer only works within generations or if it is "cross-generational".

• PixelSploitingPixelSploiting Posts: 871
    edited December 2021

kyoto kid said:

....as we will no longer see another update for Generation X, wondering if 3D Universe's Character Mixer only works within generations or if it is "cross-generational".

It's pretty obvious you can't use morphs from one generation on another unless they have same geometry (same vertex order), like G8 and G8.1.

You're only going to be able to use G3 morphs on G3 base unless you convert characters to G3 and save those morphs as G3.

Post edited by PixelSploiting on
  • kyoto kid said:

Riversoft offers
    Character Converter from Genesis 2 Female to Genesis 8 Female
    Character Converter from Genesis 2 Male to Genesis 8 Male

Character Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8 Female
    Character Converter from Genesis 3 Male to Genesis 8 Male

Character Converter from Genesis 8 Female to Genesis 3 Female
    Character Converter from Genesis 8 Male to Genesis 3 Male

and Zevo offers
    XTransfer - Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 Converter

• GuyGenesis said:

Riversoft offers
    Character Converter from Genesis 2 Female to Genesis 8 Female
    Character Converter from Genesis 2 Male to Genesis 8 Male

Character Converter from Genesis 3 Female to Genesis 8 Female
    Character Converter from Genesis 3 Male to Genesis 8 Male

Character Converter from Genesis 8 Female to Genesis 3 Female
    Character Converter from Genesis 8 Male to Genesis 3 Male

and Zevo offers
    XTransfer - Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 Converter

That's what I was about to say. Even though I never use him anymore I have one of my original "troop" from Genesis available as a Genesis 8 including his skin that has been upconverted over the years as well. I even have a few old school Generation 4 customs which were the first I did included an extremely modified K4 I put together using every morph I could get my hands on back then to make him look like a real kid and not a K4 melonhead. He's now sitting in my G8 folder too as I had generation X coverters but so ... bad compared to G8 these days LOL.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Yesterday's creation

..thanks for the info,  I have both the G8 to G3 converters  and GsnX2 that lets me bring Genesis "classic" and G2 .Thought it would be nice to have one plugin that covered all four Genesis generations.

• Incidentally, I made my Sachiko from G8F by making the morph through transferring via models in the transfer morph plugin. There's a tutorial on Deviantart that explains how to do it, I think, though I can't remember where I got it from, since it was two years or so ago, and I've done a lot of characters and morphing since then...

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,221
    edited December 2021
    I hardly ever use a character as purchased. I will usually at least make a few tweaks, and most often I'll blend two or more shapes together. I call this guy Pablo Miguel, you can probably guess why. https://www.deviantart.com/timberoo/art/Pablo-Miguel-900256415
    Post edited by Timbales on
  • EthinEthin Posts: 973
    edited December 2021

A3 RPD Draakena C 05.jpg
    2590 x 2800 - 903K
    Post edited by Ethin on
  • charlescharles Posts: 775
    edited January 2022

Man I step away for a coffee and look at all these new posts and great characters being shared. Here's a new one of mine.

a_lacey_unifrom2a.png
    1440 x 1080 - 2M
    Post edited by charles on