DAZ Studio Pro 4.7.0.12, General Release, Now Available!

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219
    edited December 1969

thetom56 said:

The conversion probably failed because the Valentina database was corrupt. Use "Content DB Maintenance > Re-Import Metadata".

The old database is not corrupt. It is fully functional in the 4.6 32bit installation I still have running.

Both versions will be using the same database engine - unless it's a very old 4.6, perhaps, but I think all have been able to use PostgreSQL if present.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited November 2014

never mind.

can't seem to find delete here for this post.

Post edited by jakiblue on
  • srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

myjunk said:
    okay now i can't find LuxRender, do i need to reinstall it?

Try it. Somebody else mentioned a different plugin was uninstalled, and reinstalling the plugin was all that was needed.
  • spacecat56spacecat56 Posts: 54
    edited November 2014

It may well be that your Valentina database was starting to corrupt. Had you customised it? if so, uninstall PostgreSQL, with DS closed, then open DS, from the Content Library pane's option menu (lined button in the top corner) choose Content DB Maintenance, check export User Data and click Accept. Close DS. Install PosergreSQL. Start DS, go tot the Content DB Maintenance dialogue again and choose Import Metadata, in the dialogue make sur that you check the option to include user data.

This thing is just wrapped around the axle AFAICT. I followed your suggestions, a couple of times through, with interpolation... I also un-installed the "Conversion" and varied whether I re-installed it or not.

I did not install the 32-bit SQL CMS so my 32-bit has always been using the Valentina. I had already re-imported using it earlier. But I went through your steps anyway,
    uninstall SQL CMS
    "uninstall" the CMS conversion
    start DS and export
    close DS
    install SQL CMS
    install CMS conversion (runs several minutes)
    start DS
    Re-import metadata

result: NO Categories, NO Products, NO Smart Content.

Had 70MB log file, hard to tell what step wrote what, so most recently I cleared the log & went around again...
    uninstall SQL CMS
    start DS and look at it... with the old CMS I have Categories, Products, Smart Content
    close DS
    install SQL CMS
    start DS and look at it

With the SQL CMS I have none of [Categories, Products, Smart Content]

Look at the log. During startup DS logs this:

Creating Asset Manager...
    WARNING: dzpostgresqlobjectdatabase.cpp(39): Init db error: ERROR: 
    expected "]" to end datum, but got ":consttype 18 :consttypmod -1 
    :constcollid 0 :constlen 1 :constbyval true :constisnull false :location 
    70418 :constvalue 1 [ 118 0 0 0 ]} {CONST :consttype 18 :consttypmod -1 
    70423 :constvalue 1 [ 102 0 0 0 ]}) :multidims false :location -1}) 
    :location 70409} {BOOLEXPR :boolop not :args ({FUNCEXPR :funcid 2855 
    :funcresulttype 16 :funcretset false :funcvariadic false :funcformat 0 
    :funccollid 0 :inputcollid 0 :args ({VAR :varno 3 :varattno -2 :vartype 
    26 :vartypmod -1 :varcollid 0 :varlevelsup 0 :varnoold 3 :varoattno -2 
    :location 70471}) :location 70447}) :location 70443}) :location 70438} 
    {BOOLEXPR :boolop or :args ({BOOLEXPR :boolop or :args ({FUNCEXPR 
    :funcid 2710 :funcresulttype 16 :funcretset false :funcvariadic false 

...AND ON AND ON AND ON....
    LINE 1: SELECT table_name FROM information_schema.tables WHERE table...
                                   ^

Connected to CMS: PostgreSQL 9.3.4, compiled by Visual C++ build 1600, 
    64-bit WARNING: dzpostgresqlobjectdatabase.cpp(39): db insert error: 
    Unknown prepared statement 'tblType->insert' db insert error: Unknown 
    prepared statement 'tblType->insert' WARNING: 
    dzpostgresqlobjectdatabase.cpp(39): db insert error: Unknown prepared 
    statement 'tblType->insert' db insert error: Unknown prepared statement 
    'tblType->insert' ...ON AND ON.... CONTEXT: SQL statement "INSERT INTO 
    "tblCompatibilityBase" ( 
    "fldCompatibilityBase","fldIsFilter","fldIsVendor","fldCompatibilityBase 
    Parent" ) 

VALUES ( 
    "vfldCompatibilityBase","vfldIsFilter","vfldIsVendor","vfldCompatibility 
    BaseParent" ) 

RETURNING "RecID", 
    Parent", TRUE" PL/pgSQL function 
    "tblCompatibilityBaseFindOrCreate"(citext,boolean,boolean,bigint) line 9 
    at SQL statement SQL statement "SELECT * FROM 
    "tblCompatibilityBaseFindOrCreate"( 
    cv,"vfldIsFilter","vfldIsVendor",parentid )" PL/pgSQL function 
    "tblCompatibilityBaseFindOrCreatePath"(boolean,boolean,bigint,citext[]) 
    line 10 at SQL statement 

DB Select error: ERROR:  expected "]" to end datum, but got "-1}"; length = 4
    CONTEXT:  SQL statement "INSERT INTO "tblCompatibilityBase" ( 
    ...ON AND ON...
    *** Scene Cleared ***
    Loading plug-ins:

So here's the status. The 64-bit PostrgeSQL CMS that is on the site for downloading today, calling itself PostgreSQL CMS 9.3.4 (64-bit), does not work.

Along the way I did see that uninstalling it allows the 4.7 to revert to using the old CSM.

So I'm going to uninstall it again and run that way until somebody gets aroung to fixing this [deleted].

[I saw this was messing up the board so I re-wrapped that error message. Sorry about that ].

Post edited by spacecat56 on
    edited December 1969

Both versions will be using the same database engine - unless it's a very old 4.6, perhaps, but I think all have been able to use PostgreSQL if present.

I have never installed the 32-bit PSQL CMS.

• AaronHAaronH Posts: 79
    edited December 1969

myjunk said:
    okay now i can't find LuxRender, do i need to reinstall it?

Try it. Somebody else mentioned a different plugin was uninstalled, and reinstalling the plugin was all that was needed.

ran the install again and still not showing up :( i'll hunt for it later.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited November 2014

Can someone do me a favour and do a quick test to see if they can apply a PZ2 pose the Kids 4. I have reinstalled, run the bat etc etc but not one DAZ3D store and free poses will work. V4 and M4 are fine. The poses I am trying are the bundled poses, We Are Kids and SportRoudneff's skateboarder poses. They won't even work on Genesis. I even tried V4 and M4 poses on Kids 4 and they don't work either

Post edited by Szark on
    edited December 1969

scratch that I have them working now....twilight zone stuff

• rbtwhizrbtwhiz Posts: 2,171
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    Thanks. So if I want favorites in these panes to stick between sessions, regardless of what content I load, could I create a scene with my favorites selected, save it, and set that scene to always be opened when I open DAZ Studio? If so, if I then load a character that was saved with favorites, will those favorites supersede the ones in the initial scene, so that the ones from the initial scene no longer show up when I choose to view favorites?

Yes, that will work. When loading a "figure" as a new item in the scene, whether it be through a Scene, Scene Subset, Character Preset (only when loading new) or Wearable(s) Preset, that figure will have its favorites set as they were saved into that file. Favorites can vary greatly between users, but also for the same user (depending on the project). Done this way, you can have multiple sets of favorites... i.e. a base and several others tailored to specific uses.

-Rob

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050
    edited December 1969

rbtwhiz said:
    barbult said:
    Thanks. So if I want favorites in these panes to stick between sessions, regardless of what content I load, could I create a scene with my favorites selected, save it, and set that scene to always be opened when I open DAZ Studio? If so, if I then load a character that was saved with favorites, will those favorites supersede the ones in the initial scene, so that the ones from the initial scene no longer show up when I choose to view favorites?

Yes, that will work. When loading a "figure" as a new item in the scene, whether it be through a Scene, Scene Subset, Character Preset (only when loading new) or Wearable(s) Preset, that figure will have its favorites set as they were saved into that file. Favorites can vary greatly between users, but also for the same user (depending on the project). Done this way, you can have multiple sets of favorites... i.e. a base and several others tailored to specific uses.

-RobThanks again, Rob. Now that you have armed me with some knowledge, I can give it a try. It sounds like a useful feature to find often parameters quickly.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

thetom56 said:

It may well be that your Valentina database was starting to corrupt. Had you customised it? if so, uninstall PostgreSQL, with DS closed, then open DS, from the Content Library pane's option menu (lined button in the top corner) choose Content DB Maintenance, check export User Data and click Accept. Close DS. Install PosergreSQL. Start DS, go tot the Content DB Maintenance dialogue again and choose Import Metadata, in the dialogue make sur that you check the option to include user data.

This thing is just wrapped around the axle AFAICT. I followed your suggestions, a couple of times through, with interpolation... I also un-installed the "Conversion" and varied whether I re-installed it or not.

I did not install the 32-bit SQL CMS so my 32-bit has always been using the Valentina. I had already re-imported using it earlier. But I went through your steps anyway,
    uninstall SQL CMS
    start DS and export
    close DS
    install SQL CMS
    start DS
    Re-import metadata

result: NO Categories, NO Products, NO Smart Content.

Had 70MB log file, hard to tell what step wrote what, so most recently I cleared the log & went around again...
    uninstall SQL CMS
    start DS and look at it... with the old CMS I have Categories, Products, Smart Content
    close DS
    install SQL CMS
    start DS and look at it

With the SQL CMS I have none of [Categories, Products, Smart Content]

Look at the log. During startup DS logs this:

Creating Asset Manager...
    WARNING: dzpostgresqlobjectdatabase.cpp(39): Init db error: ERROR: 
    expected "]" to end datum, but got ":consttype 18 :consttypmod -1 
    70418 :constvalue 1 [ 118 0 0 0 ]} {CONST :consttype 18 :consttypmod -1 
    70423 :constvalue 1 [ 102 0 0 0 ]}) :multidims false :location -1}) 
    :location 70409} {BOOLEXPR :boolop not :args ({FUNCEXPR :funcid 2855 
    :funcresulttype 16 :funcretset false :funcvariadic false :funcformat 0 
    :funccollid 0 :inputcollid 0 :args ({VAR :varno 3 :varattno -2 :vartype 
    26 :vartypmod -1 :varcollid 0 :varlevelsup 0 :varnoold 3 :varoattno -2 
    :location 70471}) :location 70447}) :location 70443}) :location 70438} 
    {BOOLEXPR :boolop or :args ({BOOLEXPR :boolop or :args ({FUNCEXPR 
    :funcid 2710 :funcresulttype 16 :funcretset false :funcvariadic false 

...AND ON AND ON AND ON....
    LINE 1: SELECT table_name FROM information_schema.tables WHERE table...
                                   ^

Connected to CMS: PostgreSQL 9.3.4, compiled by Visual C++ build 1600, 
    64-bit WARNING: dzpostgresqlobjectdatabase.cpp(39): db insert error: 
    Unknown prepared statement 'tblType->insert' db insert error: Unknown 
    prepared statement 'tblType->insert' WARNING: 
    dzpostgresqlobjectdatabase.cpp(39): db insert error: Unknown prepared 
    statement 'tblType->insert' db insert error: Unknown prepared statement 
    'tblType->insert' ...ON AND ON.... CONTEXT: SQL statement "INSERT INTO 
    "tblCompatibilityBase" ( 
    Parent" ) 

VALUES ( 
    "vfldCompatibilityBase","vfldIsFilter","vfldIsVendor","vfldCompatibility 
    BaseParent" ) 

RETURNING "RecID", 
    Parent", TRUE" PL/pgSQL function 
    "tblCompatibilityBaseFindOrCreate"(citext,boolean,boolean,bigint) line 9 
    at SQL statement SQL statement "SELECT * FROM 
    "tblCompatibilityBaseFindOrCreate"( 
    cv,"vfldIsFilter","vfldIsVendor",parentid )" PL/pgSQL function 
    "tblCompatibilityBaseFindOrCreatePath"(boolean,boolean,bigint,citext[]) 
    line 10 at SQL statement 

DB Select error: ERROR:  expected "]" to end datum, but got "-1}"; length = 4
    CONTEXT:  SQL statement "INSERT INTO "tblCompatibilityBase" ( 
    ...ON AND ON...
    *** Scene Cleared ***
    Loading plug-ins:

So here's the status. The 64-bit PostrgeSQL CMS that is on the site for downloading today, calling itself PostgreSQL CMS 9.3.4 (64-bit), does not work.

Along the way I did see that uninstalling it allows the 4.7 to revert to using the old CSM.

So I'm going to uninstall it again and run that way until somebody gets aroung to fixing this [deleted].

[I saw this was messing up the board so I re-wrapped that error message. Sorry about that ].

PostgreSQL takes precedence over Valentina, even if it's the 64-bit version, 32-bit DS will use it.

What security software do you use? Zone Alarm has a long-standing bug with respect to PostgreSQL.

• martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,343
    edited December 1969

I didn't have time to test in another machine. In my machine, after a shader uninstall-reinstall process, problem with toonycam pro persists.
    For differents surfaces I set differents ID colors, in first render pass this colors should be seen, but no, only white is displayed in all surface with a red background. Next only external outlines are weakly displayed in the final render pass.

If somebody own toonycam pro, and can test it in DS 4.7 it would help.

arenprob2.png
    422 x 605 - 113K
    arenprob1.png
    416 x 580 - 36K
  • Mage 13X13Mage 13X13 Posts: 433
    edited December 1969

For the most part I am really liking the new build, but I do have one problem with it. The way of bringing a backdrop into the Scene Work Space Window has been made far more difficult. The Backdrop tool is no longer showing at the top of my interface in any of the layouts. Instead, I must go through the Windows options, find the correct path to the tool, which takes me to a parameters style panel, where I must click the image thumbnail icon and navigate to the desired backdrop image. This takes at least four times as must time to do from the old way, and if you are new to DAZ Studio, finding this feature becomes nearly impossible. It took me about fifteen minutes of exploring to figure out where the backdrop could be imported. I think this is a couple of steps backwards. I want my backdrop tool back!

• pfmnelson2012pfmnelson2012 Posts: 11
    edited December 1969

Before I install 4.7 would someone be kind enough to expand on what is meant by 'undo-able' in the no 11 Render Setting update, I understand there is a major change in the render settings but I alter settings often to see the different effects, will I still be able to do that or once set is it locked in for that scene?
    Hoping it just means 'Ctrl Z' doesn't have any affect but can still change the sliders manually, etc.
    I know, probably a silly question.
    Even a screen shot of the new tabs would be appreciated.
    Thanks

• PinspotterPinspotter Posts: 13
    edited December 1969

jakiblue said:
    XiMiX said:
    jakiblue said:
    I can't work this out. How do I get the "truly transparent background"??

I am also having this problem.

i finally got it. LOL.

it doesnt seem to show the checkered pattern background in teh viewport - but if you RENDER, the pattern is there.

Confused me. I thought somethign was wrong because it was supposed to show in view.

Previously the semi-transparent pixels were mixed (pre-multiplied) with the background colour or image, so placing a masked render on a differently coloured ground would show a halo. This version doesn't mix in the background colour if you leave it off, and so allows you to layer your renders without haloing.

That's odd, because now I am experiencing haloing, when I wasn't with version 4.6. Specifically, it only shows up when I save a rendered image in TIF format; PNGs with background alphas work as they should. I would like to resolve this, as the TIF format is a standard print format, whereas PNG is not.

• GuyBcapsGuyBcaps Posts: 34
    edited December 1969

I just wanted to pop in and say thank you. Thank you. Thank you for adding WASD flight controls. It makes DAZ life significantly more easy now.

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited November 2014

I seem to have found a major inconvenience with this release when installed on a Mac. When something is being processed - such as a spot render - there is a window that opens to show progress and/or cancel. On a Windows system, this appears in a moveable window but on a Mac it appears as a drop-down from the top menu bar. It is not selectable or moveable. That has always been a pain.

Now, however, it is even more of a pain because it disappears behind the new Viewport panel and any buttons (such as cancel) are hidden. I can't minimize the viewport panel because everything is locked for the duration of the process. I hate to think what would happen if it is awaiting input from a button hidden by the viewport.

[EDIT] Ok - a bit more experimenting and it seems that it only disappears behind the Viewport panel if that panel is "free-floating". If it is docked, (as in 4.6 and earlier) then the drop-down appears on top of (overlays) the Viewport pane.

Screen_Shot_2014-11-21_at_09.43_.06_.png
    558 x 279 - 62K
    Post edited by marble on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Before I install 4.7 would someone be kind enough to expand on what is meant by 'undo-able' in the no 11 Render Setting update, I understand there is a major change in the render settings but I alter settings often to see the different effects, will I still be able to do that or once set is it locked in for that scene?
    Hoping it just means 'Ctrl Z' doesn't have any affect but can still change the sliders manually, etc.
    I know, probably a silly question.
    Even a screen shot of the new tabs would be appreciated.
    Thanks

It means the opposite, render setting changes can now be undone with Ctrl-Z.

• V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,049
    edited December 1969

Thanks for that!
    The IPR is really, really a wonderful feature!

• wungunwungun Posts: 59
    edited December 1969

I cannot find my decimator plug in where is it.

• BellaBella Posts: 439
    edited December 1969

I cannot change background color....where is it?!

• BellaBella Posts: 439
    edited December 1969

I don't have the option anymore where it usually was.....

edited December 1969

I cannot change background color....where is it?!

Background colour for renders is in the Environment tab - Window>Panes(Tabs)>Environment. Set the Active Type to Backdrop and then set the options.

Non-rendering viewport colour is in Window>Style>Customise colours.

edited December 1969

jakiblue said:
    XiMiX said:
    jakiblue said:

i finally got it. LOL.

it doesnt seem to show the checkered pattern background in teh viewport - but if you RENDER, the pattern is there.

Confused me. I thought somethign was wrong because it was supposed to show in view.

Previously the semi-transparent pixels were mixed (pre-multiplied) with the background colour or image, so placing a masked render on a differently coloured ground would show a halo. This version doesn't mix in the background colour if you leave it off, and so allows you to layer your renders without haloing.

That's odd, because now I am experiencing haloing, when I wasn't with version 4.6. Specifically, it only shows up when I save a rendered image in TIF format; PNGs with background alphas work as they should. I would like to resolve this, as the TIF format is a standard print format, whereas PNG is not.

How are you opening the tiff? I'm not seeing haloing opening in Photoshop, selecting via the alpha channel, floating to a new layer and then putting various colours behind the new layer. This was with the Background set to None, so the DS render window showed a chequerboard behind the model.

HaloTestTiff.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 91K
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Question: is it just me or is changing from camera to Perspective View or Distant light (to look through it) slow as molasses for others too?

edited December 1969

only if I have IPR ON Kerya

• araneldonaraneldon Posts: 712
    edited December 1969

Hi everyone,

Could anyone help me with the opposite kinda thing? I'm using the scripted renderer, and the old sample script (and hence anything based on it) can't seem to process the background properly anymore - I can't make it render with a transparent background (looks like either dz3DViewport class got changed, or there is a new class I need to use, but I can't find anything in the scripting docs). I would very much appreciate any tips towards getting back in control over it.

Having the same issue. Please advise.
    edited December 1969

jakiblue said:
    XiMiX said:
    jakiblue said:

i finally got it. LOL.

How are you opening the tiff? I'm not seeing haloing opening in Photoshop, selecting via the alpha channel, floating to a new layer and then putting various colours behind the new layer. This was with the Background set to None, so the DS render window showed a chequerboard behind the model.I did the same with this image, no halo but in PNG format

Darc_copy.jpg
    1414 x 2000 - 2M
    edited December 1969

PostgreSQL takes precedence over Valentina, even if it's the 64-bit version, 32-bit DS will use it.

What security software do you use? Zone Alarm has a long-standing bug with respect to PostgreSQL.

Well, it's a fact that when I had the P-SQL CMS installed I opened 4.6-32 and 4.7-64 at the same time, and 4.6 saw the content as expected and 4.7 did not; and with P-SQL CMS uninstalled (and the old service still running) both of them see the content as expected.

But, it's also a fact that I did not make any effort to keep my 4.6-32 up to date, so I guess this falls in the "unless it's a really old version of 4.6" exception.

(Never used Zone Alarm.)

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Thanks - I thought so too - but even closing the Aux Window did not help.
    Now I restarted DS and do have the Aux Window and IPR on and the changing of cameras works fine. Even with the same scene (I saved it before).
    Maybe my computer had to get used to IPR?
    LOL