What's that SciFi Suit?

Hi, can anyone help me? I found that picture in the set of promotion pictures of the MECK9 - Factory Reset Texture pack. Now I search that scifi-suit (most probably for Genesis 8 Female) ! Does anybody know what suit is it and where to get it?

Thanks, Holger

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,035

Definitely looks like DaveYabbo's work, although it doesn't seem to match exactly any of the products in their store.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

It looks really familiar to me too, but I can't place it. 

Maybe @Sade or @3D-GHDesign may know it. 

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518

Possibly it's a ripped game design from one of the sites that shouldn't be mentioned due to selling copyrighted items. I thnk i also saw it in the SW thread

• This looks like a stock image from the web. Google image even shows this exact figure. You can see a very sharp edge when the knee meets the robot dog. LIke the character was photoshopped in.

Also:

https://stock.adobe.com/images/cyborg-woman-stands-in-an-attacking-pose-with-an-assault-gun-in-one-hand-sci-fi-girl-in-futuristic-black-armor-suit-with-helmet-futuristic-soldier-concept-in-hooded-cloak-3d-render-on-gray-backdrop/347726329?asset_id=246577680

• TraceSLTraceSL Posts: 519

There is an older thread with the answer, I can't find it but it was for sell at a modeling site, a lot of money.  

• JUJUJUJU Posts: 1,120

You could ask roman3d who has some stock pictures with this outfif

https://www.facebook.com/ROMAN3D.PRO/

• Nice find!

Yeah... I do not complain about Daz prices very much. Sometimes, I just don't work in a certain genre, so it's not worth it to me... but I really enjoy what I do buy as a hobbyist.

It ain't no $499, either.

• HeraHera Posts: 1,952

TraceSL said:

Found it...3d model of female cyborg (turbosquid.com) 

They have a lot of goodies, but their prices are something else altogether. 

• GatorGator Posts: 1,268

The Blurst of Times said:

Nice find!

Yeah... I do not complain about Daz prices very much. Sometimes, I just don't work in a certain genre, so it's not worth it to me... but I really enjoy what I do buy as a hobbyist.

Oof yeah... it's neat, but not $499 neat IMO.  Either sell many copies at a low price, or sell one or two at a high price.

• PixelSploitingPixelSploiting Posts: 871
    edited November 2021

Turbosquid pricing is more towards the industry than the hobbyists, but as much as I like the model I wouldn't bite even at lower price. I'd take ages to convert and rig into Daz.

The amount of corrective morphs and rigidity groups needed for the harness not turning into spaghetti, to begin with.

Post edited by PixelSploiting on

scott762_948aec318a said:

Nice find!

Oof yeah... it's neat, but not $499 neat IMO.  Either sell many copies at a low price, or sell one or two at a high price.

Or sell it at a different market other than the DAZ/poser community and not worry about hobbyists not being able to afford it. I have a friend that does 3D for a living and he sells at TS and some other places and he can't believe PAs actually allow their work to be sold as cheap as it it is here.

• GatorGator Posts: 1,268

FSMCDesigns said:

scott762_948aec318a said:

Nice find!

Or sell it at a different market other than the DAZ/poser community and not worry about hobbyists not being able to afford it. I have a friend that does 3D for a living and he sells at TS and some other places and he can't believe PAs actually allow their work to be sold as cheap as it it is here.

OK, but that's not really any different than what I said.  smiley

Sell 3 copies on TS for $500 a pop = $1500

Sell 75 copies on Daz for $20 = $1500

Money is the same (minus the commissions the sites take of course).  PAs sell their work for so cheap here because of volume.

• How come a cyborg has breasts and high heels?

They are not needed.... are they?

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 909
    edited December 2021

Well technically, a cyborg is a human-machine hybrid while an android is a robot that looks human, and a robot is a machine that doesn't look human. So a cyborg could, in fact, have breasts and wear high heels.

Post edited by nabob21 on
  • PixelSploitingPixelSploiting Posts: 871
    edited December 2021

Well, technically a robot is a machine made for performing tasks so it's still robot even if it looks human. The original Rossum's Universal Robots had very human-looking robots.

Anyway, what if high heels and breasts are important part of her identity? Don't judge! cheeky

Post edited by PixelSploiting on
  • nabob21 said:

Well technically, a cyborg is a human-machine hybrid while an android is a robot that looks human, and a robot is a machine that doesn't look human. So a cyborg could, in fact, have breasts and wear high heels.

Strictly, an android looks male - if it looked female it would be a gynoid, anthropoid would be generically human.

• nabob21nabob21 Posts: 909

Cyborg, android, gynoid, anthropoid, robot.... Yikes, I think my head is spinning!

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,799

Gordig said:

Definitely looks like DaveYabbo's work, although it doesn't seem to match exactly any of the products in their store.

It actually reminds me more of some products by benalive at Renderosity. I thought at first it was their Abrion Combat Suit, but while that's close, that's not it.

If the TurboSquid cyborg at $499 is too rich for your blood, though, you might go with something from benalive, or DaveYabbo, or chungdan.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878

I always laugh when people complain about Daz pricing.

Oso3D said:

I always laugh when people complain about Daz pricing.

Same