edited November 2021

an oldie 

gal2.jpg
    1002 x 901 - 520K
    gal1.jpg
    1061 x 1500 - 1M
    Post edited by daveso on
  • FSMCDesigns said:

All the time. I never use a character out of the box, be it a core character or a PA one, especially the body morph. Every character i purchase is just another addition to the gene pool

This.  I almost never do this either.  Also, I never use a pose the way it was designed either.

• N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,415

Yes. I've got my Devil May Cry oc (who I don't post online - Unless you can't see her face - lol): https://www.deviantart.com/n-rarts/art/3Delight-Forever-Entwined-816798111

Then there was Raina (sorceress): https://www.deviantart.com/n-rarts/art/Iray-Raina-v1-0-829652089

And Bephina (Elf): https://www.deviantart.com/n-rarts/art/Iray-Bephina-erm-849468724

All three were lost in the the transition over to an SSD .crying

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,365
    edited November 2021

this is an attempt at a it older woman. Straight render.Csn you guess the base character?

getting older3sm.jpg
    800 x 640 - 140K
    getting older3.png
    1800 x 1440 - 1M
    Post edited by daveso on
  • AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

daveso said:

this is an attempt at a it older woman. Straight render.Csn you guess the base character?

Looks pretty good :). Edie? 

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,365

AllenArt said:

daveso said:

Looks pretty good :). Edie? 

no ... its Babina  

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449

daveso said:

Excllent! The monochrome render makes her look even more convincing. Here's my older woman effort that I posted earlier ... I'd say she still needs some work compared to your character.

edited November 2021

Both those older ladies look great :)

Here's my impish female (sometimes I get on a creature kick...lol). Genesis 3

Impish Female.jpg
    1097 x 1400 - 117K
    Post edited by AllenArt on
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

Wow great renders folks!!

Oh yeah I love making characters, probably have thousands of them by now, every one in its own folder:) Not especially talented at it but I don't care as long as I enjoy it;) Here's some recent creation...(and yeah I do try to make realistic morphs also)

Sven Dullah said:

Oh yeah I love making characters, probably have thousands of them by now, every one in its own folder:) Not especially talented at it but I don't care as long as I enjoy it;) Here's some recent creation...(and yeah I do try to make realistic morphs also)

Oh, he's creepy! (a good thing...lol) 

• PetraPetra Posts: 1,143

Yes, I do make my own custom characters by mixing and matching morphs until I am happy with what I got.

The first one is my Girl Cara, the second one is my cartoon girl Mila and the last one is my girl Cassia.

Connections-for-Genesis-8-Females.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 580K
    Winter-here-I-come.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 485K
    Fabi-Velvet-Shaders.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 634K
  • Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621

AllenArt said:

Sven Dullah said:

Oh, he's creepy! (a good thing...lol) 

Tks...lol

A young lady, just to balance things up a bit:

Petra said:

Yes, I do make my own custom characters by mixing and matching morphs until I am happy with what I got.

The first one is my Girl Cara, the second one is my cartoon girl Mila and the last one is my girl Cassia.

So cute. Love the big eyes :) 

• j cadej cade Posts: 2,310
    edited November 2021

I think of them more as actors.

I have my own personal aestetic tastes that I would consider not entirely well represented by a lot of characters. Striking rather than pretty

one of my current favorite faces

Jane

janevhair.jpg
    1500 x 1950 - 549K
    Jane.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 3M
    Post edited by j cade on

j cade said:

I have my own personal aestetic tastes that I would consider not entirely well represented by a lot of characters. Striking rather than pretty

Jane

heart 

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,914

j cade said:

Jane

Cut

While incredible examples in their own right, I have always been partial to your avatar's character! I also love your mastery of vellus hair and the like!

j cade said:

Jane

I like the classic nose on this one. Looks a lot like the noses on the Italian side of my family ;). I've always loved distinctive noses and disliked a lot of images I've seen over the years of tiny little noses...lol. I even made a morph pack many, many years ago - maybe V2 or V3 era - called the "No-Nose Revolt" morphs. LOL 

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,780

AllenArt said:

j cade said:

Jane

I like the classic nose on this one. Looks a lot like the noses on the Italian side of my family ;). I've always loved distinctive noses and disliked a lot of images I've seen over the years of tiny little noses...lol. I even made a morph pack many, many years ago - maybe V2 or V3 era - called the "No-Nose Revolt" morphs. LOL 

bring that back for gen8 please, we need more distinctive noses!

• MelissaGT said:

Most of what I do is all custom characters. I do a lot of fanart, so I try to recreate NPC's with my own interpretation, or my player characters - 

Theron (NPC from Star Wars: The Old Republic) - 

100/10 lol! I would snatch him up if he hit the store..., even more so if he was available in real life! So handsome!

• AllenArt said:

Fun with creature morphs. Most of these are from HFS creature morphs set for G8M. The texture is from some textures for Newt. I don't have Newt, but they work on humans too, so I snatched them ;). I also use Fantasy Skins for the shiny metallic look for the scales.

Laurie

He turned out awesome! I really need to get those morphs so I can play more!

• MelissaGTMelissaGT Posts: 2,603
    edited November 2021

FenixPhoenix said:

MelissaGT said:

Most of what I do is all custom characters. I do a lot of fanart, so I try to recreate NPC's with my own interpretation, or my player characters - 

Theron (NPC from Star Wars: The Old Republic) - 

100/10 lol! I would snatch him up if he hit the store..., even more so if he was available in real life! So handsome!

Thanks! He was created on G3 and then transferred to G8 (pictured above), though I feel like I could probably do him even more justice by tweaking a bit more with the improved facial rigging of G8.1. Also I think I could use a much better eye texture now. The skin is my customized tweaks to Michael 7.  

Here's a piece I did with him back in G3 days with my other custom character, Lelu (also pictured in my original post) - 

And custom tattoos I did for him (hopefully ok, shouldn't be outside of rules) - 

Post edited by MelissaGT on
  • Write IdeaWrite Idea Posts: 291
    edited November 2021

@MelissaGT & @jcade: What backgrounds for your portraits are you using?  They are minimal, yet simplistically beautiful.

Post edited by Write Idea on

FenixPhoenix said:

AllenArt said:

Fun with creature morphs. Most of these are from HFS creature morphs set for G8M. The texture is from some textures for Newt. I don't have Newt, but they work on humans too, so I snatched them ;). I also use Fantasy Skins for the shiny metallic look for the scales.

Laurie

He turned out awesome! I really need to get those morphs so I can play more!

That texture worked out kinda perfect...lol. yes 

edited November 2021

Write Idea said:

@MelissaGT & @jcade: What backgrounds for your portraits are you using?  They are minimal, yet simplistically beautiful.

It's a mixture...sometimes I use Fabiana's Energy Flow set, which is HDRI lighting that can be used as a studio background at the same time, and then sometimes I use a simple studio HDRI from HDRI Haven and then drop a backdrop in on a plane. The grey background on the image above is Fabiana's. This one below is the studio HDRI from HDRI Haven with a texture from Render Studio on a plane for the background - 

When I do portraits, the floating dust is added in post. In the case of the image above, the embers were from KA's Fireworx though sometimes I'll manually load an image of embers (or snow or whatever) onto a plane myself to render with the image. I make a lot of use of loading images onto planes, whether they be for actual backgrounds or for atmosphere filler. 

Post edited by MelissaGT on
  • j cadej cade Posts: 2,310

Write Idea said:

I use a super simple semicircular background prop in pretty much every render that doesn't have scenery

DAZStudio_BiDJZILP6R.png
    919 x 1185 - 125K
  • DandeneDandene Posts: 162

I tend to tweak figures and mix morphs together, especially the different HD morphs.  And I rarely use the default skin textures on models unless it's something I consider super-high quality.  I've bought quite a few male models just for the morphs themselves, and then add a different texture.  I used figures straight out of the box when I first started using Daz, but the more time I've spent rendering, the more I realized there's an endless combination of things I can create.  

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,528

@MelissaGT: Your creations are so wonderful. Thanks for sharing images of them.

• Always, may show some here shortly. I keep all but my base morphs in a library I call "Creation" and a Second Library Called "Characters" My base and "Character" runtimes are always loaded and I only load "Creation" when making a new character from scratch due to how long it takes to load G8 with a massive morph collection. Then I unload it, load the new character and move the morphs it says are missing into a runtime named "Test." I only move morphs out of test into Character if I find I will use that new one a lot. This prevents long load times and morph "crosstalk" mostly.

Anyway, what I do is spin up varying amounts of premade morphs to create something new, same thing I did when I used to be in Second Life to make my avatar except I have more morphs for my nose in DAZ than I do for the entire body in SL LOL. Sure, there's a lot of nice ones out there but I only use full morphs for such like beasts and the like. The creation is part of the process.

Artini said:

@MelissaGT: Your creations are so wonderful. Thanks for sharing images of them.

Thank you! 

• EthinEthin Posts: 974

Yep, I do lots of custom characters. Most recently a dwarf made with good 'ol  Aiko3.