ZDG random Daz Studio discoveries and questions.

Comments

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited October 2014

Ugh. A check box off by default in a hidden menu. Right-click the Red end-point manipulator thing. Go down to "Align" and the top sub menu item is OFF by default. You only need to do this once (at least on this attempt)). I don't know if it sticks on exit/new-scene yet.
    (EDIT)
    I've also been doing some reading...
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/userguide/creating_content/rigging/tutorials/weight_map_brush/start

02BonesAutoAlignNode001.png
    1117 x 691 - 67K
    Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on
    edited November 2014

I figured after a short comment last night, it was high time to go threw my product list, and actually try to find each item, and try to get it all into a meaningful list of sorts. Then this came out today "Aloisia".
    http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/aloisia
    Also in the bundle
    http://www.daz3d.com/new-releases/alessa-and-aloisia-fantasy-outfit-bundle

I don't know how many times I've seen the EmmaAndJordi promo pics and thought, I wouldn't mind having that outfit to go under some other tops. This is not the exact same thing, tho it is close, and it is for G2F.
    (Edit, the Galadrel Hair promo is a good example of that other top used in the EmmaAndJordi Promos.)
    (EDIT2 14nov2014, Item located, tho unsure where to purchase as of this. thanks SixDs. Explanation posted later on here)
    (EDIT 16nov2014, Elven Fantasy Outfit for Genesis 2 Female(s)... Post "220" on this page)

00-main-galadrel-hair-daz3d_Crop1lbl2.png
    1000 x 900 - 1M
    20141103_NewStuff_001snsrd001crop1.png
    1356 x 770 - 366K
    edited November 2014

I have been busy making that catalog of just what I do have in my Daz3D collection. A long and tedious task at best. I almost forgot about another anniversary, The End of being Divided. And on that Precipice.

Have we come so far, only to run back to the dark ages. Must we always remain divided to the point that two people passing can't even say 'Hello', because they are from different sides of the same piece of land. When the choices of a few can divide millions of neighbors. It has never been about who is right or left, it is about the ability to tolerate and even embrace the presence of others that feel differently from you. We are humans, not machines. We will never be exactly alike the other, and that is our strength, our gift that helped us survive as a Race.

No dictator, no invader, can hold an imprisoned population by the force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power governments, and tyrants, and armies can not stand. The Centauri learned this lesson once. We will teach it to them again. Though it take a thousand years, we will be free. - G'Kar

Just remember Tullio Levi-Civita, the next time you decide to exile someone because they do not fit your Political Views.

As seen from the outskirts of Sextans B. The Universe is so vast, so sparse, and so empty, one would think the Humans of Earth should be rejoicing in there togetherness. Good day, I have much Non-Political related work to do here. Reese kaserne, Augsburg 1977 - 1979, Ich bin ein Berliner.

20141109a_Progress002.png
    1650 x 685 - 216K
    20141109a_Progress001.png
    1650 x 802 - 370K
    edited November 2014

more bookkeeping distractions. :smirk: I can't seam to find the full-sized Promos for "Jaylah for Genesis 2 Female(s) and Victoria 6"...
    or for that mater, anything from 3DSublimeProductions. Whats going on :coolhmm:
    (EDIT)
    well I found one preview pic for 3DS Jaylah. Unfortunately it was one I did, so I don't even know if the skin tone is anywhere close to what the PA intended.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/619668/
    I can understand purging old stuff from a store, yet Jayla is a G2F figure, not a pree-first generation figure. Not the first Genesis 2 item to be yanked this year. At least I got a chance to purchase 3DS's product before whatever happened to the store. So seriously, what is the life cycle of a product? A few Months, and yet other stuff lingers in the store for eons?

3DS_Jaylah_Page_Gone_001.png
    784 x 477 - 26K
  • V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,049
    edited December 1969

Recap part2

Missed making a post on Thursday. I tried in absolute stupidity to save the surface settings (Shader preset) of the Daz logo in the demo scene, and apply it to the Pillar that had drastically different simpler settings.

Obviously it didn't work, as that surface is somehow connected to the second camera, and another plane over the visible floor in the scene. It must require some Spaghetti magic of sorts to make it work from that one render angle alone. It dose not work from anywhere else in the scene, I did try that.

Attached settings for the different reflective surfaces between the two scenes. Simple Mirror-pillar vs Spaghetti magic settings. I somehow managed to break the chrome finish on the demo, it now loads up black, oops. :red: I really broke it well, lol. Looks like an uninstall to fix that.

... Ok now I understand your issue better... I put my brain in "analysis" mode on the subject... This might take long...

edited November 2014

Kadix said:
    Recap part2

Missed making a post on Thursday. I tried in absolute stupidity to save the surface settings (Shader preset) of the Daz logo in the demo scene, and apply it to the Pillar that had drastically different simpler settings.

Obviously it didn't work, as that surface is somehow connected to the second camera, and another plane over the visible floor in the scene. It must require some Spaghetti magic of sorts to make it work from that one render angle alone. It dose not work from anywhere else in the scene, I did try that. (SNIP)

... Ok now I understand your issue better... I put my brain in "analysis" mode on the subject... This might take long...
    Pleas don't obsess on this, especially to the point of distracting you from your work. I figured there was a switch somewhere to tell 3Delight that a particular surface will reflect "light sources", not just "Illuminated surfaces".

If there was such a switch, I think someone would have spoken up by now. Tho I have yet to raise the question at the "DNA Research" site. It may be that the "Daz Default" surface shader lacks such a feature, or 3delight can't do it.
    (EDIT)
    I just posted this in the 3delight thread here. I'm expecting an "It's Impossible" answer at this point.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/711818/

edited November 2014

A slight update of the madness of the past few months, lots of stuff I have yet to mess with, and lots more to fill in details on the list. I'm fairly sure the G2F figure list is complete as of this mornings two additions (FW Kyra, and Kenzie). A considerable improvement over the original five I started out with (3DS Jaylah, A3D Maggie, FW Eve, FWSA Wachiwi, and V6 minimum-base).
    (EDIT)
    In separate news, I found 3DSublimeProductions's out-cove at Renderosity, tho Jaylah is not listed there. Thus I'll look for the rest of the promo pics later I guess. The full size ones have got to be somewhere.

20141111a_Progress003c1.png
    1602 x 907 - 1M
    20141111a_Progress002c.png
    1704 x 874 - 552K
    20141111a_Progress001.png
    1717 x 562 - 214K
    edited November 2014

“Elven Fantasykini For V4 A4 G4”, the mystery outfit. and it appears to be in the same class as two other outfits I want to get, just not available.
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/18072/start
    and an Aeon Soul outfit (Classic Fantasy) that fell off the face of the net back in June.

Seeing as the item is not for sale, I see no TOS issues with showing the screen-cap of what I was faced with just now. Yes the wishlist and buy buttons are indeed grayed out. I will travel back that way on the forth of next month to get a few more prehistoric feathered critters, perhaps then that site will be functional, perhaps not. lol :coolsmile:
    (edit)
    I backed up a page from there to look at other stuff in the EaJ's store, and nada. Must be down for whatever reason.

EaJ_Outfit_001.png
    731 x 636 - 19K
    edited November 2014

Long night of ripping out my hair. Tho I think I figured out what little is in the free control panel.

There is a limit to how much stuff the thing can keep track of colliding with, before it just slides off the figure. Turning off the collision with stuff the item will never touch (Like lights, other figures, etc), seams to have cured the problem. Also moving the figure in the Garment Layering List window to the top of the list that the item is on, may also have done the trick.

That concludes this test, and the extent of moving things V4 to post-V4. Perhaps after some sleep, I'll look to see 'IF' that Dynamic stuff has moved to making products beyond V4 or not. As for the 'Extra' control panel for Dynamic clothing, I will simply guess the one to best answer the questions is taking the weekend off.

So while I figure out the basics of this window, assuming it is not hidden here somewhere. Setting up an angle of gravity (other then straight down)? momentum (linear and rotational)? And Where is this “Extra Config window” (daz3d store or elsewhere, dose it appear when the basic one is brought up by default or…)? What dose it look like? etc, etc…
    Night Y'all.
    (EDIT) "O", that Skirt is by Khory and OptiTex. :coolsmile:
    http://www.daz3d.com/dynamic-circle-skirt
    V4_On_G2F_FwEve_Settings001.png
    1223 x 623 - 252K
    V4_On_Dave5_Settings001.png
    1219 x 624 - 258K
    FwEve_DynCircleSkirt_02004.jpg
    1400 x 1200 - 348K
    FwEve_DynCircleSkirt_01002hq.jpg
    1400 x 1200 - 262K
    edited November 2014

Disclaimer time I guess, after I got a little chuckle over a similarity I just noticed... And probably bad timing on my part. :coolsmirk:

IDG Designs is the new name for collaborative projects by DestinysGarden and InaneGlory.
    http://www.daz3d.com/destinysgarden
    http://www.daz3d.com/inaneglory

ZDG are the initials of my avatar, Zarcon Dee Grissom. A twist between a D-and-D wizard named Zircon, and in memory of the astronaut Gus Grissom.

As much I am a humble fan of IDG's works, I am not affiliated with them. I am not even “In the loop” as it would otherwise be said.

On that note, It was purely due to my sifting threw my inventory and “Must Buy” lists of the past, that a few days ago I started taring the internet apart looking for an EmmaAndJordi V4 outfit. I was completely unaware that they had updated the outfit for G2F.
    Elven Fantasykini For V4 A4 G4” is Now updated to G2F.
    Elven Fantasy Outfit for Genesis 2 Female(s) :coolsmile:
    http://www.daz3d.com/elven-fantasy-outfit-for-genesis-2-female-s

• ElowanElowan Posts: 388
    edited December 1969

Thanks so much DestinysGarden. I will get to that shortly now, as I almost have most of the finished "Super Simple" patrons uploaded. Here are two more renders I wanted to post, before I started falling asleep at the keyboard yesterday. To hopefully show off some of the potential of the surface textures and stuff.
    (edit)
    let me put that tire stone thing under different lights, that shadow dose not look correct at all, and I suspect it is an artifact of light samples or something.
    (Edit2)
    Yep, it's the lights, or the camera distance with the tire polygons. Solo render test room looks superb, with lots of detail.

The wood texture needs to be toned down (make grain smaller)

• DestinysGardenDestinysGarden Posts: 2,549
    edited December 1969

Disclaimer time I guess, after I got a little chuckle over a similarity I just noticed... And probably bad timing on my part. :coolsmirk:

IDG Designs is the new name for collaborative projects by DestinysGarden and InaneGlory.
    http://www.daz3d.com/destinysgarden
    http://www.daz3d.com/inaneglory

ZDG are the initials of my avatar, Zarcon Dee Grissom. A twist between a D-and-D wizard named Zircon, and in memory of the astronaut Gus Grissom.

Lol, I caught the similarity very early on and I've never had any trouble remembering your name. ;-)
    Your name is like mine with a "zed" in front.

edited November 2014

Comment on a post many pages back.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/659633/
    Agreed Elowan, for earth lumber, absolutely needs to be finer grain. Going with an 'Alien Planet' setting, I thought I could get away with showing some of the wood grain detail on that Conservatory. I never stated what that building was by Art Collaboration, oops.
    http://www.daz3d.com/the-conservatory
    It's a good set without altering the multiple surfaces. It's just allot of fun to see what stuff looks like in different textures. :coolsmile:

I also need to unpack the rest of the stuff purchased this month, and at least inventory it. Putting a picture to the product names, lol. In fact I have yet to inventory any of the Shaders I got from IDG and Fisty (pluss if I forgot another PA).

Hello DG, I have yet to think of a good way to show off the new shader set. I'm sure something will come to mind when I see them for the first time in Daz Studio. I just need to keep it under 14GB (2GB win7 + stuff) till next month, lol.

Time to reboot the beast and dive into studio for a tad (New shaders, and redoing some surfaces). Thanks for the comments Y'all.
    (Edit1)
    I'm not seeing a simple way to rotate the grain 90 degrees in the surface settings. I figured I could tuch that up real quick and post a render. This will take a tad longer. I'll need to open the maps in Irfanview 3.98, rotate them and save them (renamed) first. At least there is a batch option. "O" there already rotated versions, hmmm.

That one labeled "Angle", is for light ray bounce angle. It should always remain at "89.90" for real physics, except for specific purposes (lamps, warped mirrors, etc).

* newer versions of IrfanView have an annoying window and image resize issue, that I have reverted back to avoid. 3.98 is the last version that allows you to resize the window without the image going off to the blue yander size. They may have fixed it, I have not checked. That and I prefer the x 10s percent zooming for other work over the new method.

DG_ArtColab_Conserv_002.png
    1528 x 695 - 632K
    DG_wood2_Previews001.png
    783 x 570 - 378K
    edited December 1969

Here ya go Elowan. Fixed the grain orientation, and fussed with the tiling a tad. It is a Progressive Scan preview, as I have many other things "I Have Got To Check Out", lol.

I'll let the comp render this all out later as there is more to fix up, like the door handles. I think I fell asleep on the keyboard about at that point last time I looked at this. I don't even remember where I was going with them, lol.

On to the new IDG shader pack, and a Greek like Lace patron mask idea that just came to mind. :)

AlienGuarden02002c6_ps001.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 482K
    edited November 2014

IDG Silk and Lace Shaders. I completely missed the "Lace" part of that in passing, lol. I better look at these before doing up some 'Key' mesh opacity maps.
    http://www.daz3d.com/idg-silk-and-lace-shaders

At first glance of the folders, it looks like the different parts can be mixed and matched in quite a few different combinations. Very useful. :cheese:
    (EDIT) adding an example of what I had in mind for a Lace patron, just to ease some concerns. Lots of maths to plot pixel widths and stuff.

ZDG_GreekLace_IdeaDraft_001.png
    421 x 397 - 7K
    IDG_Silk_and_Lace_Shaders_Path001.png
    1186 x 466 - 35K
    edited December 1969

LOL ZDG, yeah 60 lace pattern opacity maps are included in Silk and Lace. I didn't do anything remotely similar to the key lace that you have going though. It is easy enough to plug in your own transparency map as you know. The mixing and matching was completely intentional.
    I look forward to seeing what you do with it.

edited November 2014

well so far, just the sleeves of this shirt that didn't quite cover the undershirt. The adjustments for the top of the shoulders next to the neck is just not there. And this patron is not a freebee by the way, lol. Just some Sigma Xi envy.
    http://www.sigmaxi.org/
    I was shooting for a graduation gown, with an outer layer, and found nothing that worked. so I did the rest of the lace pics with the Hot Mess Bundle set plus a more respectful top.

As for the shaders, I toned down the gloss to almost nothing, to get the cuffs to be close to the rest of the, essentially fishnet material of my lace patrons. The rest of the IDG shader set looks like it would be fantastic for all kinds of things from "middle eastern window screens", to garden fences, to designer oil lamp stain-glass chimney metalwork, etc. Very nice set. I Really like that black Gothic Ankh by the way :coolsmile:

Gogo_SigmaXi_Lace001.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 866K
    edited November 2014

I Really like that black Gothic Ankh by the way :coolsmile:

Cheers! I bet it would be pretty easy to figure out that one was my favorite too. ;-)

I love that you are tweaking the presets to fit your needs and using your own trans maps as well. Nice job!

Post edited by DestinysGarden on
    edited November 2014

A Billion dollars dose not buy what it used to. Just fussing with colors so far.
    I think I inadvertently left three suns in the sky from my fussing with backdrops, oops.

So a Billion dollars gets a dwelling, and yet still, where's the castle??? The best way to protect your house when your gone, is to bring it with you...

The latest in Ultra Portable hand carry dwelling design, by ZDG, IDG, and Daz3D (ForbiddenWhispers and FWDesign). Introducing the Inflatable Suitcase Dwelling, complete with minimal furnishings.
    (Gas-Grill, Food, Utensils, Laptop, crate-tables, and Bucket-seats not included).
    http://www.daz3d.com/beach-pod

Outside the demo dwelling we have set up, you can see the lush green beach cloth. A perfect color to almost make the extra AstroTurf option less painful to do without. This cloth is made of genuine “Satin-Silk 21”. A premium quality optional IDG cloth add-on to upgrade that gritty stock beach sand option with the Pod. This cloth folds out of the suitcase to protect your feet and the inflatable Dwelling from whatever that is on the ground.

What about the Pod it's self. With the custom IDG upgrade add-on bundle (sold separately), the pod now comes complete with “Metallic 02” cloth doors that are hassle free. No more fussing around with bulky door panels when inflating the Pod, these things fold up nicely into the stock Pod Suitcase with the Dwelling.

The Deck Is a nice “Nylon 8” for handling the extra rough traffic of daily life. The Pod outside and roof is made of “Nylon 7”, and the Interior door curtains with “Metallic 03” cloth for a cozy feel. A good nights rest is the most important part of the Dwelling, so we spent extra time selecting the best IDG “Satin-Silk 40” Royal Purple Linen.

Is that it, No. There is one more room in the Pod, This is for tidying up, before deflating the pod and heading to work. This Room includes a Shower to do All your morning chores in, and over here is a hole in the floor. With the budget of a Billion Dollars, the cost of upgrading to an “Inflatable Toilet” was beyond your credit rating. Her's the "Foot operated bike pump", enjoy...

(I promise my next post will show the IDG shaders in ALL there glory, not just some of the color options.)

NotNormalCastle01004c6_001.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 385K
    NotNormalCastle01004c5_001.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 456K
    NotNormalCastle01004c4_001.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 703K
    edited November 2014

As promised, Much more serious. Making some props for what I have in mind. "IDG Silk and Lace Shaders" selection Books.
    Just a Progressive Scan test render, in the Test Chamber.

I'm not sure about the green preset "Map Tiling" U and V settings. Daz Studio is being a tad stubborn with that. I'm guessing it is because I made six pages, and "Duplicate Node Hierarchies" out from there to make the books. Saving the book as a scene subset, and reloading it into the scene seams to make the new Tiling settings stick for each individual (Primitive Plain) page after the first six at the bottom. (EDIT, unique names for each page in each book, might help out as well.)

O.K. I'm off to do up pages for the fifty-six colors, and sixty lace patrons. Then to have some fun with the Aiko6 Bow Dress and the Eastern Terrace.
    Lots of privacy curtain options to try. :coolsmile:

IDG_Books001004c9_ps001.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 612K
    UniqueNames001.png
    408 x 723 - 14K
    IDGLace01BookCovers001_Lace1.jpg
    800 x 800 - 307K
    edited November 2014

Restating Exactly what DG said in her last post. Sixty Lace patrons. No repeats or duplicates. :lol:

"O" and they don't have to be in the Opacity channel. I cheated here (made my life easier, lol), and dropped them into the Diffuse maps for each page in this book.
    (EDIT)
    I got a bad corner of a few of them, that made them look the same, and I fixed the shadow bias on the lights. The "IDG Silk and Lace Shaders" Lace patron selection book is now done, now for the 56 colors.

IDG_Books003003c10_ps001.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 1004K
    edited December 1969

Because I'm not making a book prop for these, The “IDG Silk and Lace Shaders” Utilities. The "All Maps off" is an incredibly good one to have on hand, as I have yet to figure out how to revert a surface back to a plane Daz Default with nothing, yet. This dose not get rid of ALL the settings applied with the other presets (Omni surface is still left behind), however it dose empty out all the fields in the shader bring it back to default nothing settings. I have yet to need to fuss with the others yet.

IDG_SilkAndLace_Utils101.png
    610 x 865 - 49K
    edited December 1969

And finally, The “IDG Silk and Lace Shaders” Colors. These are not exactly the shades you may get for many 'render' and JPG related differences, however they are good enough to give an idea of the included color presets.

Now I can have some fun with a Bow Skirt, and draping up the "Eastern Terrace". :cheese:

IDG_Books004004c10_ps001lg.jpg
    1822 x 1024 - 1M
    edited December 1969

I like the swatch books. Cool idea.

edited November 2014

"O" while I'm sounding like a sails man of sorts, I'm just a fan. There are some other shader sets that I have used quite often, when I'm not taking photographs of 'my' Geology Rock Collection.

IDG (DestinysGarden, InaneGlory)
    http://www.daz3d.com/dg-shader-essentials
    http://www.daz3d.com/dg-shader-essentials-2

Fisty
    http://www.daz3d.com/phoebe-s-fancy-shaders-for-ds-and-poser
    http://www.daz3d.com/fabulous-stripes-shaders-for-daz-studio-and-poser

Just for them out there that may ask.
    (EDIT)
    That's what there called, didn't know. Thanks DG.
    (EDIT 2)
    A question, Whom dose the credit go to for the Render on the cover? IDG, or some one else?

edited November 2014

Just encase I pass out at the keyboard before finishing this scene this morning, here is an example of just what the "IDG Silk and Lace Shaders" can do.

Aiko6 on the left is sporting an All out outfit entirely with stock IDG shaders. High-heals, Elven Anklets, Bow dress, and Elven armband. I did adjust the tiling of the lace patrons, the rest is stock.

FW Eve on the right, "O" my, that is a different hair style isn't it. And the cute ears, What is ZDG up to, lol. Back to her outfit, I'll explain the nifty details after finishing the scene. It's still ALL "IDG Silk and Lace Shaders", just with the Lace patrons dropped into other surface settings to get that cool sheen effect.

Chat later y'all, and enjoy the sales. (EDIT, had to fix a hand in cloth bit, All better now. On to the Eastern Terrace.)

IDG_FwEveAndAiko6_002.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 235K
  • starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited December 1969

I like how the fabric is shiny. Thanks for posting the renders.

edited November 2014

Thanks starionwolf. I've been diligently at work, and then ran into a common "Opertunity". I saved the figures as a scene subset (Outfits and all), Loaded the other scene and put them in there approximate spots, and then got dumfounded.
    http://www.daz3d.com/sea-scapes
    The island by it's self, and the sky/sea sphere. (Sun light, and "GI")

http://www.daz3d.com/eastern-terrace
    The load all, it dose not appear to have any lights.

The Uber panels from my Test chamber, and the spot lights (I removed the UE2 from that set to no avail)
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/47738/

When this happens as in all the multiple posts else where, it is always a shadows off, or shadows in "map" mode on some light somewhere. I did try a few different distances from Aiko 6 with the same results. Leopard skin on the arms. I have run across this with other sets, and easily found the offending light. I sequentially went threw each light, and then even removed the sky sphere (Sea and all) with no change in the artifacts. Ass you see from my last post, the test chamber lights work perfectly fine with Aiko6, and yet I tried removing them as well to no avail. So I decided to get some rest and try this again from a different angle.

I'm grabbing a cup off coffee, and going with just the "Sea Scapes" by its self with Aiko6, then going from there, one additional component at a time. It's something stupid somewhere that I'm just not seeing.
    (EDIT)
    Failed at stage 1. A menu distant light and whatever the "GI" is with Sea Scapes. I'm swapping out Aiko 6's skin texture for some one else, as I don't want to waist anyone else's time with this. FW Eve is incredibly tolerant with different lights, and this is only the second time working with Aiko, so on to the next thing. IDG Lace Shaders for the gents (some one from the David5 pro set probably).
    (EDIT2, All fixed courtesy of FWF Sumiko)

IDG_SeaScapes_A6LeopardSkin_SpotRender001.jpg
    737 x 444 - 79K
    IDG_ZdgFun_001_A6LeopardSkin_SpotRender001.jpg
    761 x 392 - 115K
    IDG_ZdgFun_001_A6LeopardSkin_001.jpg
    800 x 600 - 160K
    edited December 1969

(EDIT 2)
    A question, Whom dose the credit go to for the Render on the cover? IDG, or some one else?

InaneGlory did the render. He does almost all of the renders in our joint products.
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Aside from the leopard skin, this is looking good...nice, realistic lighting. :) When I get that skin issue, I've found that usually the culprit is the skin's shading rate. Select your figure, go to the Surfaces pane, select all skin surfaces, and check the shading rate value...I usually set it to 1.00 but sometimes you can get away with a higher one. The default is usually something like 6.00 which is way to high for anything except close-ups, in my opinion.