Just Because I Can. STUPID THREAD III

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 1969

...pretty freaking cool.

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Well, in my opinion these people will push the limits; and one I thought about that might be possible is to skydive from the International Space Station. Strap on the suit, grab the heat-shield, and jump out the airlock. Small altitude-rockets (like those used on EVA-suits), makes you descend. Strap off the rocket-pack, and brace yourself behind the heat-shield for a ride of your lifetime. Now, that would be cool.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited August 2012

...I actually did a piece for a Sci-Fi art show titled Planet Diving done in the style of a sports magazine cover.

Someday someone (likely sponsored by Sir Richard Branson) might just do it.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Well, in my opinion these people will push the limits; and one I thought about that might be possible is to skydive from the International Space Station. Strap on the suit, grab the heat-shield, and jump out the airlock. Small altitude-rockets (like those used on EVA-suits), makes you descend. Strap off the rocket-pack, and brace yourself behind the heat-shield for a ride of your lifetime. Now, that would be cool.
    That would depend on what you call cool. I'm not sure 5000 degrees average blasting all around the shield would make my day or not. Then again, as long as the shield held up until we hit thick air I guess that would not be too Stupid.
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    That would depend on what you call cool. I'm not sure 5000 degrees average blasting all around the shield would make my day or not. Then again, as long as the shield held up until we hit thick air I guess that would not be too Stupid.

A picture with the facial expression is priceless.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

A picture with the facial expression is priceless.LOL!! That's such a idea. Then my mind went this way....

DEPENDS. As in adult undies...

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Alas, poor Yorick, I knew ye well...before you started pushing up daisies and turned into a blooming idiot.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Well here is a cute FYI. In the olden days BEER was considered liquid bread for the poor and drank more often than water because it was CLEAN due to the brewing process. The water could kill you in some places in those days. If it did not kill you you probably wished it had.

That's why you should only drink alcoholic beverages when in Mexico.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    It is there, and I am not the only one found it. It has been found several different ways

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/115/P840/#68621

But you need to login on the fourms, not the store. having followed my method but you need to find the screen first. It does appear to be elusive, which is stupid.

The elusive screen pops for me whenever I come in from an ebot for a closed forum, usually a thread in the Members Only.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,678
    edited December 1969

Today is travel day.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,153
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

10 facts about you 1. You’re reading this right now.
    2. You’re realizing that is a stupid fact.
    4. You didn’t notice that I skipped three.
    5. You’re checking now.
    6. You’re smiling.
    7. You’re still reading this even though its stupid.
    9. You didn’t realize I skipped eight.
    10. You’re checking again and smiling about how you fell for it again.
    11. You’re enjoying this.
    12. You didn’t realize there’s only supposed to be ten facts.

good one Chohole

edited December 1969

While I was in the shower my mum called. Now she is busy doing errands.

edited December 1969

My weather is STUPID today. Big f'ing storms rolling in fast. Time to watch the sky and get off my PC.

edited December 1969

About 5 I noticed that the sun had disappeared here. Never did get any rain though. I could smell it and the street looked damp, but nothing on the cars or sidewalks. I've started putting out water for the birds and squirrels.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,786
    edited December 1969

spent 48 hours rendering a video.
    I thought it took too long
    still cannot believe you guys spend that on one image!!!
    the finished product goes for almost 18mins, is 1920x1080pixels and will take bloody forever to upload to YouTube!!
    (and YouTube will destroy the quality!)

edited December 1969

How do you ensure that Youtube won't destroy the quality of an uploaded rendered video???

edited December 1969

upload it to Vimeo I suppose!

edited December 1969

Idiot SIL was notified yesterday that his back surgery scheduled for this morning would not take place because the hospital cannot find their machine.??????? So he rescheduled for Friday morning.

edited August 2012

AtticAnne said:
    Idiot SIL was notified yesterday that his back surgery scheduled for this morning would not take place because the hospital cannot find their machine.??????? So he rescheduled for Friday morning.
    Well that bites! Can't find their machine? What kind of dog and pony show are they running?

Sneaks off to put machine back where he got it.....
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

I don't know for sure, but I think it left the building with Elvis. If it were my back, I would run or crawl or hobble away as fast as I could and never come back.

edited December 1969

Me too. Back trouble is the worst you can have. I have some but not BAD yet, when it gets there I'm not sure I want anyone messing with it. I've heard to many horror stories about coming home in worse shape than you started in. And that's way STUPID in my book.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,327
    edited December 1969

My surgery resulted in me no longer having leg pain but I still have massive amounts of back pain. It took me 7 years to finally decide to get the back surgery. I was almost in a wheel chair cause I couldn't walk much, I'm already pretty much immobile, so whats it gonna hurt. At least I can walk now. I was just to see my surgeon a couple weeks ago and he is ordering another MRI with contrast to see if any other levels are shot. If not they he is referring me to a neurologist.

edited December 1969

I have an inversion table, should use it more, it does work.

edited December 1969

How do you ensure that Youtube won't destroy the quality of an uploaded rendered video???

and
    DON'T EVER let them "improve it " if suggested!!!
    they want to, this one I just uploaded for example, says it it is jerky, needs stabilizing but I leant that "improve" tends to not be such an improvement in the past.
    it is infact the "source" render at 24fps of an "old sepia style jerky 2fps" video lasting 17mins I am still uploading.
    I just uploaded it for comparison for those interested.
    and yes, it is the one that took 48hours!
    edited December 1969

I have not had a chance to post much.

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,153
    edited December 1969

I have an inversion table, should use it more, it does work.

My husband bought one last year i think we used a total of 4 time..lol now its in the basement collecting dust. :)

• s l fs l f Posts: 147
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:

Well, let's hope they find it by Friday. :bug: How could a hospital be so stupid to misplace such a machine?? Especially since I'm betting that it wouldn't exactly be a tiny machine.

edited December 1969

I have a FULL BLOWN Total Gym in my room. I've used it twice. It makes a great place to hang jackets and stack books. Just lay the board down flat and you can slide it to the stack of books you need when you need it.

edited December 1969

s l f said:
    AtticAnne said:

Well, let's hope they find it by Friday. :bug: How could a hospital be so stupid to misplace such a machine?? Especially since I'm betting that it wouldn't exactly be a tiny machine.

UPDATE: Hospital notified him this afternoon that they won't have the machine this week. Rescheduled for Monday. Is there a machine library, like the public library, where they just go and check out machines?

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I have a FULL BLOWN Total Gym in my room. I've used it twice. It makes a great place to hang jackets and stack books. Just lay the board down flat and you can slide it to the stack of books you need when you need it.

I use my Gazelle to hang my clothes on. And dumbbells make really good door stops and paperweights.

This discussion has been closed.