Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 11

19495969798100»

Comments

• huberthubert Posts: 410
    edited October 2021

I just tried with the DTE in the Terrain Editor... and got a quite bizarre, sorta nightmarish result. :)

Here is a preview:
    http://hubert-schaefer.com/hubert/temp/DTE-Terrain_(Bryce7)_preview.jpg

(Preview)

And here my corresponding Bryce7 workfile:
    http://hubert-schaefer.com/hubert/temp/DTE-Terrain_(Bryce7)_workfile.zip

Some hints:
    - If not selected, select the terrain and klick its [E] resp. use the keyboard shortcut "CTRL E" to open the "Terrain Editor".
    - In the "Terrain Editor" -> (Palette) "Editing Tools" --> (Tab) "Elevation" --> "SHIFT Click" the blue dot at "Picture" to open the "DTE" (Deep Texture Editor).
    - Playing with "Noise" had most impact on tweaking this DTE "component 1".
    - Only the DTE's "[A] Alpha" channel will create the terrain. Its "[C] Color" and [B] "Bump" channels are of no use there.

PS: I have set the terrain's resolution in my file to only 512. This allows faster Editing and Material testing. It keeps also the Bryce workfile much smaller. (My final preview was then rendered with terrain resolution increased to 4096. (Hint: Be patient in the TE when it processes larger terrain resolutions.)

Happy Brycing

Post edited by hubert on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,110

hubert - interesting result. If you increase the resolution in the TE, the source picture is only enlarged. If you increase the resolution, go back into the DTE, the texture is generated anew to the new resolution. It may take a while but you have it in the higher resolution. However, it is still only 8 bit greyscale, not 16. But at least the geometry has the higher resolution.

@Horo: Thanks for these additional and very useful information.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,988

Hubert - I agree with Horo, interesting results, thanks for sharing the file.

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,095

hubert : thanks for sharing the file, I agree with Horo and mermaid : interesting result.

edited October 2021

The terrain is from the Crater Construction Kit (author unknown) with a material assembled from High Resolution Terrains 2 and Landscapes under Fantastic Skies, sky and clouds by an HDRI from Gritstone Hills. The water was a bit tricky to model.

Open Crater

OpenCrater.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 333K
    Post edited by Horo on

Horo - very nice landscape, I think the water needs a bit more transparency.

edited October 2021

I can't remember if I posted this before, here goes again. I used a Sky preset and 3D Cloud Slab from the Object Clouds 2D and 3D;  the terrain and material are from the Terrain Stacking product (both available at Bryce-tutorials.info)

Mountain Lake.jpg
    900 x 600 - 54K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on

mermaid - thank you. You're right, the water is not very convincing. Nice render from you.

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,755

Sorry for not being able to react to all great new renders. Have been inactive on the forum and Bryce for a while, being too busy.

Great results by several of you, keep it up!

edited October 2021

Hansmar - OK, I keep it up.

The cube was modeled by David Brinnen in Wings3D and the letters HDRIBL cut out. This cube is in the world centre, around it a torus with the maximal radius, white with some reflection and transparency, and a texture for bump. Light and colours by an HDRI which shines from the inside out of the cube. In front of the camera the EWL (extreme wide-angle fisheye).

IBL Cube

IblCube.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 413K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • BlackSnowSkyBlackSnowSky Posts: 10
    edited October 2021

Cold Metal

Or maybe "DTE Exploration" would be a more appropriate title since it's just a couple items thrown into a scene to have something to put materials on and point lights at. The skin on one of Poisen's props is my first time starting with the default gray and making a material more advanced than a solid color. A Funky Metal with the bitmap replaced by a procedural texture was applied to a tiling terrain and 11 duplicates. The background is Gasclouds_B03_3840 with color adjustments done in post.

coldmetal.jpg
    738 x 960 - 938K
    Post edited by BlackSnowSky on

Horo : great landscape with the Crater Construction Kit.

The abstract render is outstanding, cool idea and beautiful colours.

BlackSnowSky : wonderful, scary render.  Great atmosphere, beautiful material on the "creature".

Hansmar : thanks.

Horo:
    - An impressive landscape. I like esp. the terrain and mat of the background mountain range. (Only the water seems too bright and its surface-mat's scale too large.)
    - That abstract image could be from a dream (not that I would smoke certain substances to be really sure). Cool use of mats and that bump.

mermaid: A pretty and very moody pastel like scene.

BlackSnowSky: Perfect for Halloween! Great flowing terrain and metal.

Thanks Horo and Hubert for the comments

Horo - super abstract, love the colors, you use amazing methods for awesome results.

BlackSnowSky - scary abstract but I like the contract of the bright colors.

• mach25mach25 Posts: 256
    edited October 2021

Hi all,been away and now back

many great rendersyes

volumetric light inside shine thru transparent roof

model made with hexagon

cyberhouse1.png
    256 x 123 - 52K
    cyberhouse2.png
    256 x 123 - 56K
    Post edited by mach25 on

Mach25 - welcome back, nice model and nicely presented.

BlackSnowSky - cool render, I like the spidery beast (as long as it doesn't crawl in my bed).

adbc - thank you.

hubert - thank you - and yes the water is nothing to be overly proud of.

mermaid - thank you.

mach25 - great models and nicely lit (a bit small to fully appreciate).

edited October 2021

The cubes like the Robo-Spiders were modeled in Wings3D by David Brinnen. They got materials from 50 Metals The Treppenhalle Set, 50 Metals The Heating Room Set and Fifty Funky Shapes & Fifty Funky Metals. Everything stands on a fading disk. Light and backdrop by an HDRI, a bit of negative diffusion by the sun. Rendered with Depth of Field.

Cubes IBL-HDRI

CubesIblHdri.jpg
    1200 x 690 - 118K
    Post edited by Horo on
    edited October 2021

Beautiful render, Horo love the reflections and lighting.

Using a terrain and materials from the High Resolution set 3 and lighting is from the Sunless Hdri Skies.

dc6-sunless.jpg
    1000 x 563 - 460K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
    edited October 2021

mermaid - thank you. This mountain range looks great. I like the shore and the look of the shallow water very much. Lighting also looks very good.

Now that the votes are over for the 48th challenge the anaglyph I had additionally made from the Bubble Cities can be shown.

Bubble City Anaglyph

BubbleCitiesAna.jpg
    800 x 520 - 117K
    Post edited by Horo on

Horo : cubes and spiders : beautiful image, great lighting and material.

Bubble cities : awesome anaglyph.

mermaid : superb render, great work on the water and the shoreline, beautiful sky.

Thanks Horo and Adbc

Horo -  the Bubble cities anaglyph is fantastic.

Thank you adbc and mermaid.

Horo: great abstract. And very nice presentation of the cubes and spiders. Without 3D glasses, your landscape is difficult to enjoy.

Blacksnowsky: Very good and scary render, with fantastic materials and light.

Mach25: Very nice object and well presented.

Mermaid: Very nice mountainrange.

Thank you Hansmar.

• akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124

Nice landscapes and experiments!

laughyes

edited October 2021

Thank you akmerlow.

An experiment: the terrain was made from a Visio drawing of my home network and given materials by David Brinnen. The terrain is within a fading mirror box. Light and sky from the Gasclouds_A2 HDRI and a bit of sun behind the camera.

Net City

Below just the terrain from top. The camera for the above render is ar centre right looking left.

Net Draw

NetCity.jpg
    1200 x 840 - 328K
    NetDraw.jpg
    800 x 556 - 76K
    Post edited by Horo on

Thanks Hansmar and akmerlow

Horo -  interesting terrain and render.  The clouds are a great additions, very nice Netcity results.

edited October 2021

Horo, weird, but nice.

I made a few landscapes. One is kind of a gletscher, the second just a mountainrange with some balloons and the last one a combination of a DTE-based landscape with a brush from Karanta.

Continued next thread https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/528691/show-us-your-bryce-renders-part-12

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
This discussion has been closed.