How do I Apply a .hdr file in Daz 4.15?

music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
edited October 2021 in The Commons

OMG! It's all gone. All the environment settings for you're renders is gone. Also the environment map where you apply a .hdr file. So, now how do I get a .hdr file into it?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks ahead.

Post edited by music2u4u on

Comments

• CHWTCHWT Posts: 1,138
    If you start from scratch you can create a new Environment Options Node, and when you click the Environmemt section in the Render Settings pane, you will see the default hdr already plugged. Just go ahead and change the hdr map.
  • music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822

Sounds good...one problem...there is no environmental section in the render settings. Always has been until now. Don't want to make my own environment, thats why I got other .hdr downloads. Suppose to set it up automatically I hear. Good, but what if I want to change something? How do I do that with no settings? Very confusing.

edited October 2021
    music2u4u said:

Sounds good...one problem...there is no environmental section in the render settings. Always has been until now. Don't want to make my own environment, thats why I got other .hdr downloads. Suppose to set it up automatically I hear. Good, but what if I want to change something? How do I do that with no settings? Very confusing.

You would not have an Environment section in the Render Settings pane if your scene do not have an Environment Options node

Step 1: Create --> New Environment Options Node

Step 2: click the newly created Environment Options in the Scene tab

Step 3: Click the Parameters pane

Step 4: scroll to the bottom of the Parameters pane and click "Environmemt"

Step 5: click "Dome" under the list

Step 6: find the Environment Map below Environment Intensity. It should be the default DTDHR-RuinsB-500.hdr

Step 7: click the default hdr to change to your preferred hdr

It's confusing, but if you have to use 4.15 for the new features like PBR shader, you have no choice but to scramble through the panes to find the answer

Supposedly loading pre-4.15 scenes should already create an Environmental Options node and a Tonemapper Options node, so you directly go to Step 2.

Post edited by CHWT on
  • music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822

I have seen both of those in the scene tab and wondered what they were for. Now I know and thanks for the help!

• Also, setting the viewport to IRay render preview automatically creates both of those too.
    Also, setting the viewport to IRay render preview automatically creates both of those too.
    Good tip !