Just Because I Can. STUPID THREAD III

Comments

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Is that "warning" sticker for dangerous levels of cute?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    I just caught that, good eye Skiriki. How is the project going? Anything stupid happen?
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

Need to do laundry.

edited December 1969

Need to do laundry.
    I've got a load sitting next to my washer. Care to just add it to your stuff and save me the trouble?
    edited December 1969

I am in a hotel. Laundry mat is on first floor and I am at third floor. It is three dollars per load.

edited December 1969

I am in a hotel. Laundry mat is on first floor and I am at third floor. It is three dollars per load.
    Naw... I'll just do it myself then. That's way to much walking, lugging and far to many quarters to ask you to bother with.
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Naw... I'll just do it myself then. That's way to much walking, lugging and far to many quarters to ask you to bother with.

There is an elevator which helps some what.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

There is an elevator which helps some what. When you have inner ear trouble moving rooms kind of freak a person out. I use them when I have to but I try to stay away from places that want me high above the ground.

edited December 1969

Do cars give you trouble? Most of the time I am in my car it is moving. Unless I am at a stop light or stuck in traffic.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Jaderail said:

There is an elevator which helps some what. When you have inner ear trouble moving rooms kind of freak a person out. I use them when I have to but I try to stay away from places that want me high above the ground.

Oh boy, don't they just, I used to think I was inheriting my Father's Claustrophobia, when I started having a total hatred of underground trains and lifts (elevators to you). Found out that I was developing a sensitivety to air pressure, which made such things, and airplanes as well, not my favourite way of getting from one place to another.

I do often wonder now if my Father's claustrophobia was actual something similar.

edited December 1969

Do cars give you trouble? Most of the time I am in my car it is moving. Unless I am at a stop light or stuck in traffic.
    If I can see out I'm okay. Closed in places give me vertigo and I have to use my cane and the hand rails.
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Jaderail said:
    Jaderail said:

When you have inner ear trouble moving rooms kind of freak a person out. I use them when I have to but I try to stay away from places that want me high above the ground.

Oh boy, don't they just, I used to think I was inheriting my Father's Claustrophobia, when I started having a total hatred of underground trains and lifts (elevators to you). Found out that I was developing a sensitivety to air pressure, which made such things, and airplanes as well, not my favourite way of getting from one place to another.

I do often wonder now if my Father's claustrophobia was actual something similar.I thought I had a panic disorder for the longest it turned out to be LOW blood pressure and movement. The two do not go together very well.
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    edited August 2012

Jaderail said:
    If you ship me a case of each one I'll pay for it. Once I sober up that

...that could be a spendy proposition. The only bottles of International Incident are full litre "swing tops" and as it is a very limited release, they are rather expensive. Not sure if Thundarr is even available in bottles as it is a seasonal release.

That's the one thing about small craft brewing operations. Usually batches of the really unique ales are too small to support bottling on any reasonable scale to make it cost effective for both the brewery and customer.

The bigger craft breweries (hard to really call them "micros" anymore) like Full Sail, Red Hook, Widmer (both partially owned by Anheuser-Busch),and Bridgeport (owned by Gambrinus holdings) have pretty much outgrown reliance on their pub operations as their main income source and now make more in retail (bottle & keg) sales with some having brewing operations in several locations outside of Oregon/Washington.

The brewpub down the street from me is more a true "micro". They are such a small operation that they had been out if their lovely smoky stout for nearly three months while waiting for the new batch to mature properly.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    chohole said:
    Jaderail said:
    Jaderail said:

When you have inner ear trouble moving rooms kind of freak a person out. I use them when I have to but I try to stay away from places that want me high above the ground.

I do often wonder now if my Father's claustrophobia was actual something similar.I thought I had a panic disorder for the longest it turned out to be LOW blood pressure and movement. The two do not go together very well.

I get positional hypotension sometimes, my wife gets it a lot. Really unsettling when it catches you offguard.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Skiriki said:
    I just caught that, good eye Skiriki. How is the project going? Anything stupid happen?

I'm kind of all over the place right now. I'm mostly trying to help a friend of mine settle down, she's doing that "foreign exchange student" thing for a year here, and I've done my best to provide her all kinds of useful stuff I collected from my friends who don't need the stuff anymore, like pots, pans, cooking utensils etc. Then there's familiarizing her with the local culture, foods, how to save money-tips, and so on and so on and so on, gazillion things that natives kinda take for granted.

I have managed to do couple of new renders, though, but testing and projects are kind of shelved until things calm down...

edited August 2012

That's so cool. If I could spend all day helping people I would love it. My nurse suggested I join a group that does it and I would if I could find one local. It just looks like Adamsville does not offer anything like that to the folks around here. Not one foodbank or such that I can find.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

I now live in a small town, that has a village metality. Everyone helps everyone else.....................well except for the local problem guy, him we keep trying to get to leave, because he annoys everyone.

BTW I came across this interesting fact.

Most alcoholic beverages contain all 13 minerals necessary to sustain human life.

I knew there was a reason I was drinking this glass of wine (or 2 or 3)

edited August 2012

...indeed, Guinness is really good for you.

...well, it happened again. Just finished submitting one post, clicked on the ebot for this thread and found I was logged out again even though I logged in through the forum and not the store. Now I could understand this if I had walked away from my computer for say fifteen or twenty minutes but I was actively doing something in the forums not more than a minute beforehand.

...what they maybe need is a box you can tick that says "keep me logged in" like Rendo and other sites have.

edited December 1969

There is actually a box that does it, as I keep trying to explain.

I found it by accident, which is totally stupid.

You need to be fully logged out, so logged out in the forum and the store as well. Make sure of that. and thenstart clicking on ebots to read replies in threads.

It may take more than one ebot. CLose the tabes ecah time. In time, hopefully one of the ebots will throw you up a forum loging screen with boxes to tick.

Use the same login as you would oin the store, ie your email addy as username, and the same password as you use for the store.

edited December 1969

Well here is a cute FYI. In the olden days BEER was considered liquid bread for the poor and drank more often than water because it was CLEAN due to the brewing process. The water could kill you in some places in those days. If it did not kill you you probably wished it had.

edited December 1969

10 facts about you

1. You’re reading this right now.
    2. You’re realizing that is a stupid fact.
    4. You didn’t notice that I skipped three.
    5. You’re checking now.
    6. You’re smiling.
    7. You’re still reading this even though its stupid.
    9. You didn’t realize I skipped eight.
    10. You’re checking again and smiling about how you fell for it again.
    11. You’re enjoying this.
    12. You didn’t realize there’s only supposed to be ten facts.

edited August 2012

chohole said:
    There is actually a box that does it, as I keep trying to explain.

I found it by accident, which is totally stupid.

You need to be fully logged out, so logged out in the forum and the store as well. Make sure of that. and thenstart clicking on ebots to read replies in threads.

It may take more than one ebot. CLose the tabes ecah time. In time, hopefully one of the ebots will throw you up a forum loging screen with boxes to tick.

Use the same login as you would oin the store, ie your email addy as username, and the same password as you use for the store.

...this is the login screen I always get when doing the above. I see no boxes to tick anywhere.
    login.jpg
    700 x 391 - 107K
    edited August 2012

It is there, and I am not the only one found it. It has been found several different ways

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/115/P840/#68621

But you need to login on the fourms, not the store. having followed my method but you need to find the screen first. It does appear to be elusive, which is stupid.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited August 2012

chohole said:
    It is there, and I am not the only one found it. It has been found several different ways

I have done that TICK TICK log in thing. But guess what? As soon as I rebooted my PC the TICK TICK stopped working.
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Well here is a cute FYI. In the olden days BEER was considered liquid bread for the poor and drank more often than water because it was CLEAN due to the brewing process. The water could kill you in some places in those days. If it did not kill you you probably wished it had.

...recent headline in the local news rag was that the city is considering fluoridation of the water.

...aren't they about seventy years late?

"Fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face.

Mandrake, do you realize that in addition to fluoridating water, why, there are studies underway to fluoridate salt, flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk... ice cream. Ice cream, Mandrake, children's ice cream.

I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

---Gen. Jack D.Ripper, Wing Cdr Burpelson AFB

edited December 1969

chohole said:

But you need to login on the fourms, not the store. having followed my method but you need to find the screen first. It does appear to be elusive, which is stupid.

...so this is the login for the store end it keeps giving me then?
    edited August 2012

Jaderail THen you have to do it again. I lost it once, but found it again, as I said purely by accident.

When I lost it it was when my browser decided to not only crash on me, but also delte all my recent history. I have my Broswer set to only empty cache and delete browsing history on closing, but it decided to delete everything.

Do you have your browser set to automatically clear recent history on closing, and if so what? That could be the problem. Don't delete active logins. or it could be a cookie.

Whatever it is it is a stupid thing, because it should be there automtaically, you shouldn't have to do stupid things to find the right login screen.

Kyoto Kid, that is the main login. You need to find the forum login screen, which is the one Scott has posted the screen shot of., as I said I found it by clicking on an ebot link to read a post, which obviously took me straight to the forums.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

...I'll give it another try from the pub is a couple minutes. time to get a10$ pitcher of essential nutrients.

edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Kyoto Kid, that is the main login. You need to find the forum login screen, which is the one Scott has posted the screen shot of., as I said I found it by clicking on an ebot link to read a post, which obviously took me straight to the forums.

...OK found it on the fourth try. Kind of scary as the last time I entered my password was over four years ago when I first signed on and wasn't sure which one I used.

Hint: found out the best way to get it to come up first time every time is click on a link in an ebot for the Member's Only forum. Of course you have to be a current member of the PC for that to work.

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

http://www.vgtv.no/#!id=55074

Check out this video of a guy in a wingsuit catching a flying plane... (skip the announcement by the X in the upper corner)

This discussion has been closed.