carrie58 said:

Niceee

Tks:) 

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited October 2021

khorneV2 said:

Sven Dullah said:

Very Nice was it long to render ?

IIRC close to 2h, using a couple of invisible planes to catch some bounce light and using  the coat layer on the skin;)  Late 2015 Imac 2.8GHz quad‑core i5 /8GB RAM. Tks for your comment!

Post edited by Sven Dullah on

My entry for Llola Lane's RENDER A MONTH challenge / this month's theme: leather;)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517

..very nice.

...tks kk:)

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,247

They sail from London to Cokeworth. Captain Snape turns the ship over to Mr Smee. And he and Hermione fall back into the Real World out of the book.

The two of them are too much for Snape's childhood bed.

12-Endpiece.jpg
    797 x 1298 - 158K
    edited October 2021

...old scene revisited...

A Strange Pond awe.png
    1600 x 900 - 3M

...incredibe. Love the reflection and the lighting.

kyoto kid said:

...incredibe. Love the reflection and the lighting.

Thank you! Yeah...biased rendering...so many possibilities:)

edited October 2021

...love to I'd go back to it given the insane prices being asked for new GPUs that lookes like it's going to continue for a while. However I need something like dual 8 or 10 core Xeons, to get halfway decent render times with the AweShader, and at least 64 GB RAM for those ambitious scenes I like to create. 

One of the issues is it's .getting harder to find pre Intel 8th Gen  compatible components (so I can stay with W7 Pro).  MBs are the hardest of the lot to get as most older ones (like LGA2011 and 2011-3 sockets) are either overpriced, refurbished, or ship from China/Hong/Kong (just a bit leery of cheap [quality wise] knockoffs that are stamped with a major brand name).

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • khorneV2khorneV2 Posts: 146
    Indeed ibl Master release was a Milestone to enhance quality (though a flagging option would have been a perfect addition).

...I've used IBL Master and agree,. It produces realistic GI without the long render times of UE. 

Is a pseudo "awe shader reyes/biased renderer" possible ?
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,247

That is a gorgous scene. Beautifully done.

Tks, JOdel!

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
    khorneV2 said:
    I sadly can't keep decent render times with awe shader. Even the test scene converge very slowly with progressive on. Too bad. I dont if it's linked to the hardware or to a wrong procedure.
    Are you perchance forgetting to use the render script supplied with the kit? It's very much a requirement, otherwise DS won't send the command to enable GI caching, and long render times will result.

And due to render times, you don't really want REYES with true GI (IBL Master or AoA Ambient only do AO and not the diffuse bounce kind of GI) - unless you're going point cloud. Point cloud GI etc is doable in DS - you need to use the stock point cloud render script and UberEnvironment set to "bounce". However, the default settings of the script are not optimal; the most jarring oversight is that the script comes with an ugly light (like a headlamp) turned on by default.

Either way, proper pathtraced GI with caching on etc should be at least as fast as the point cloud + it doesn't need two passes. So...

Mustakettu85 said:

khorneV2 said:

I sadly can't keep decent render times with awe shader. Even the test scene converge very slowly with progressive on. Too bad. I dont if it's linked to the hardware or to a wrong procedure.

Are you perchance forgetting to use the render script supplied with the kit? It's very much a requirement, otherwise DS won't send the command to enable GI caching, and long render times will result.

And due to render times, you don't really want REYES with true GI (IBL Master or AoA Ambient only do AO and not the diffuse bounce kind of GI) - unless you're going point cloud. Point cloud GI etc is doable in DS - you need to use the stock point cloud render script and UberEnvironment set to "bounce". However, the default settings of the script are not optimal; the most jarring oversight is that the script comes with an ugly light (like a headlamp) turned on by default.

Either way, proper pathtraced GI with caching on etc should be at least as fast as the point cloud + it doesn't need two passes. So...

I guess I had the pathtracer enabled but outside DS (external 3DL) . Could it be an explanation ? I will try again within DS maybe. Ok for standard 3DL topic

...I'll have to look into that more.

I only have an 11 year old old 2.9 GHz 6 core Xeon (Westmere) as well as DDR3 1333 RAM.  Not sure if that makes a difference.

edited October 2021

...just another random piece...

A Sword fp awe.png
    1600 x 900 - 2M

nice

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933

khorneV2 said:

I guess I had the pathtracer enabled but outside DS (external 3DL) . Could it be an explanation ? I will try again within DS maybe. Ok for standard 3DL topic

It's impossible to have any render setting "generally" enabled in 3Delight. That's the downside of super flexible technology.

DS generates a RIB (either an actual file when "rendering to RIB" or a RIB stream when rendering to an image or window) every time you press "render". If you aren't doing it via the render script, the resulting RIB won't invoke the pathtracer with GI caching. It's the same sort of setting as, say, render resolution. Should be set explicitly for every render.

Formerly I copied pasted the commands in the rib file for each render. Commands from script or a script generated rib. But this process should have been incomplete.(commands Come from the first build of awe shading kit). I ran a partial test with awe environ ment inside ds, seems better but still slow. I Will try emissive lights.

khorneV2 said:

Formerly I copied pasted the commands in the rib file for each render. Commands from script or a script generated rib. But this process should have been incomplete.(commands Come from the first build of awe shading kit). I ran a partial test with awe environ ment inside ds, seems better but still slow. I Will try emissive lights.

Yup the areaPT lightshader is by far the fastest. Also reducing diffuse- and specular bounce depth to 1 has a huge impact on renderspeed but not on quality. With the latest awe build you can do all that globally in the aweEnvironment override section. 

edited October 2021

...has the one in the store been updated? That's what I have. 

edited October 2021

kyoto kid said:

...has the one in the store been updated? That's what I have. 

Here are the latest AWE builds, DIM compatible, so just DL the zips and drop them in the DIM downloads folder, open DIM and they should show as ready to install. Or just do it manually.

AWE Shading Kit
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i3P5yVxiS4wZzhdZu6FeLNuiNuIPOAVe/view?usp=sharing

AWE Hair
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1TY3k9Gn27ssEnsNqDoB2EhPViJU0jAFl/view?usp=sharing

AWE Surface

https://drive.google.com/file/d/154hmnGLi6xBC1Qrx3IJVnukVnfZgiCSr/view?usp=sharing

You may want to uninstall the stuff from the store first, it's not up to date;)

...OK. So much for the 10$ I spent. 

edited October 2021

...latest...

Space Station 2pp awe.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    edited October 2021

....looks just as good if not better than some Iray images.

great one !