Show Us Your Bryce Renders Part 11

Comments

• adbcadbc Posts: 3,095
    edited September 2021

Horo : awesome effect and lighting on the Steven Ray object.

mermaid : great scene, the shore/water effect is fantastic.

Hansmar : thank you.

Just some flowers (free from the internet) with an HDRI background

flowers7.jpg
    940 x 450 - 123K
    Post edited by adbc on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,109
    edited September 2021

egehlin - thank you. Looking forward to see you back.

Hansmar - thank you.

adbc - thank you. This is a beautiful close-up of flowers.

The castle is by Alan Armstrong (Army) and rests on a self made terrain with a material from Terrain Stacking. A BTO fir tree and 9 instances, in the foreground a bush from Vegetation and 2 instances. The clouds are a 2D-face with a self made material. Sky, ambient light and far mountains by the Tower HDRI from the HDRI Set Tourbillon, the key light by the sun.

Vlad Castle

VladCastle.jpg
    960 x 1200 - 348K
    Post edited by Horo on

Horo : thank you.

Beautiful castle landscape, great atmosphere, lovely vegetation on the foreground.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,987
    edited September 2021

Thanks Horo, Egehlin, Hansmar and Adbc for the nice comments.

Adbc - wow beautiful render love it, where did you get those awesome plants.

Horo - fantastic landscape with the castle, I like the reflections in the water.

Post edited by mermaid010 on

Thank you adbc and mermaid.

mermaid : thank you. Unfortunately I don't know where this vegetation came from, I think they are on my computer since 2015 like so many other stuff I never used.

edited September 2021

The terrain is from the Crater Construction Kit (author unknown) with a material from 50 Metals The Heating Room Set, the pod in the foreground from the Deep Space HDRI 1 and the object in the sky from Deep Space HDRI 2. Sky and ambient light by the Gasclouds_B01 HDRI.

Investigating

Investigating.jpg
    1200 x 803 - 248K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,755
    edited September 2021

Horo, two interesting renders. Nice use of the foreground vegetation. Interesting to use a 2D plane for clouds. The sci-fi render looks 'hot'. Also looks like you used a fisheye perhaps?

Time to show a new render: Biker girl. Bike, girl and cat from DAZ, posing in DAZ Studio. Gated courtyard also from DAZ.  Grass clumps from Bryce. Lighting and rendering in Bryce, using one of Horo's HDRI enhanced skies.

biker girl1.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 2M
    Post edited by Hansmar on
    edited September 2021

Also three terrain renders. All started with a double (stacked) terrain rugged from the High resolution terrains set 2 from David and Horo. I then copied one version, made it negative, stretched and rotated and moved it and grouped it with the stacked terrains. For each render a different location/size/rotation of the negative terrain and a different set of textures for at least one of the stacked terrains and the ground (water) plane. Also a different sky, also from the ones by David and Horo (HDRI enhanced). Quite an easy way to quickly get three similar but different terrain renders.

rugged1.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 1M
    rugged2.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 2M
    rugged3.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 2M
  • HI All

it's been a long time since i cranked up Bryce for a render.  I just got a new computer and wanted something to push it to see how fast it is and Bryce is always a good benchmark...

Untitled.jpg
    1300 x 867 - 71K
    edited September 2021

Horo : Awesome render, the atmosphere has a special effect on the terrain.

Hansmar : Biker girl : lovely render, well done.

The 3 terrain renders are cool, great idea to make them different with a few changes. 

Brycetech : gorgeous underwater scene.

A new render : Fiery moon scene. Terrains are partially posterized, the front one rotated 180°, birds are free from the net, the sky is from Horo (gasclouds) with adapted settings.

fiery moon scene18.jpg
    800 x 510 - 81K
    Post edited by adbc on

Hansmar - thank you. No fisheye lens, just 120° FOV for the "hot" render.
    The biker scene looks very nice. Interesting idea to use the inverted terrain to stack with the normal one and the outcome looks great. I like the last one best.

Brycetech - welcome back to Bryce. Well done underwater scene with the sharks and ship.

adbc - thank you. Your fiery moon scene looks great, interesting effect with the posterised terrain, cool idea.

• akmerlowakmerlow Posts: 1,124
    edited September 2021

adbc said:

A new render : Fiery moon scene. Terrains are partially posterized, the front one rotated 180°, birds are free from the net, the sky is from Horo (gasclouds) with adapted settings.

Cool composition!  Also love colours pretty much.

Post edited by akmerlow on
  • enjoying the renders... been a while since I nosed around the area.

Nice to see some old hands and new ones around!

Horo, akmerlow, Brycetech : thank you.

Horo -   beautiful render, the atmosphere and terrain material go well together

Hansmar -  the courtyard, very nice render, I like the POV. Last night I was wondering how to use this model, with no results. The 3 terrain renders are awesome, I like the different effects, well done.

Brycetech - very cool underwater scene.

Adbc - awesome surreal, sci-fi scene - love the colors.

Thank you mermaid.

mermaid : thank you.

edited September 2021

The terrain is from the Crater Construction Kit (author unknown) with a material combined from High Resolution Terrains 4 and Terrain Stacking, the clouds are a slab from Object Clouds 2D & 3D, ambient light by the LekRoof_CSD HDRI. I seldom used such a narrow camera FOV (42° = hAOV 34°, corresponding to a 65 mm lens). The cloud slab made the render very long, 21 times longer than without but I really liked the shadows cast by the clouds. No soft shadows and lower rays per pixel for the anaglyph.

Bare Mountains

Bare Mountains Anaglyph

You know that you can click on the image to get the bigger version, do you?

BareMountains.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 263K
    BareMountainsAna.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 310K
    Post edited by Horo on

Horo - absolutely fantastic render, the anaglyph is awesome.

Horo : I fully agree with mermaid.

Thank you mermaid and adbc.

edited September 2021

Brycetech. Good to see you back at Bryce. Well done underwater scene.

Adbc, thank you. Very nice special terrain render you made.

Horo, thanks. Using a terrain to cut out parts of other terrain can help to lead to interesting terrains. Of course, there are other ways to do this as well. Your new terrain with cloud shadows looks very good. Worthwhile the patience, I would say.

Mermaid, Thanks. Just keep trying with the courtyard until you find a nice scene.

I modified my stacked terrain with the negative as cut-out again. This time two renders from almost the same position and almost the same terrains. I thought a dino would fit nicely. I liked the first one with the fog, but I think I like the second one more.

rugged4.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 551K
    rugged4a.jpg
    1754 x 875 - 2M

Hansmar - thank you. Two very nice renders. I cannot say which one I prefer. The first with the fog in the valley is very nice, the second shows more of the same terrain and has a very nice sky. Great work on both.

Hansmar - superb work on both, I like both versions.

Hansmar : Thank you. Wow, impressive work on the terrains. Different skies and atmosphere, I like them both.

edited September 2021

Locomotive and tender by Ali and Bea from the Bundle 1 (since mid 2014 not available anymore) within a self made hall. Plant and pot from Vegetation, background and ambient light by the Sunset HDRI from the HDRI Pack 2. All objects except the pot were modeled in Bryce.

Exhibit

Exhibit.jpg
    1200 x 800 - 232K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • huberthubert Posts: 410
    edited September 2021

Hi,

seems as I missed some very impressive landscape renders and terrain work.

mermaid010: Cool Wings shapework and mats/render.

adbc: Cool SciFi scene and terrain work for creating the ruins. I like the sky and contrasting moon color.

Hansmar: Great terrain work and moody atmosphere in the upper dino image.

Horo: Well put into scene and great showroom construction. I like also the shadow play.

@ all:
    Here is one (of many) new Hubisms which I bryced in the past few weeks. Made of only 4 small spheres and 4 colored spotlights in a huge reflective spere, rendered as panorama..... with a "surbrycing" result. :)

Hubisms sample

Below is a link to a similar scene's BR4 workfile (which works well also in Bryce7).

Some brycing hints:
    - In the wireframe view, use pressed CTRL key and left mouse button to select objects under the mouse pointer conveniently. (Then there's no need to ungroup or to toggle between objects in the "solo view" mode. It's also much easier to select from nested objects or the BIG Sphere itself in which the camera is positioned.)  
    - Consider in the "EDIT" screen to switch Bryce to "Object Space" for easier scaling and rotating objects along their own axes.

Download my BR4 workfile here (a 7kB ZIP):
    http://hubert-schaefer.com/hubert/bryce4/Hubism-sample__ABS18-2021-09-21-1540_(br4 file).zip

Happy Brycing! :)
    Hubert

Post edited by hubert on

Horo - wow beautiful render, great lighting and reflections.

Hubert - love your latest Hubism render, thanks for sharing your files.

Hubert - thank you. Your newest Hubism looks great, thanks for sharing the file; yes it opens fine in Bryce 7.

mermaid - thank you

This discussion has been closed.