Show us more of your 3Delight renders

Comments

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited August 2021

Gordig said:

Posting this here because it's probably the best place to get answers for this. I just started experimenting with pwToon on a G8F Centaur, and I'm finding that the geoshell torso surface seems to be inseparable from the actual figure's torso surface. Is that the normal behavior for pwToon? Or maybe even 3Delight in general? I'm almost strictly an Iray user, so I don't know if this is just some weird bug or if it's normal and I've just never experienced it.

I don't own pwToon so can't be of much help. It's certainly not a general 3DL thing, and I've never had that happen. Could it be product specific? Did you create the geoshell or is it part of the product? 

Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • Just a new picture from me  - sorry, I don't know anything about PW Toon - probably a better question for the NPR thread?

Mushroom Queen smsig.jpg
    1200 x 1800 - 1M
  • Misselthwaite said:

Just a new picture from me 

Love it...well done;) 

• Thank you, Sven :-)  The little mushroom men (a bash of the Omni Skull and the Sluggians) turned out so cute, they deserve a picture of their own :-D

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250

Oh nice. Thanks for posting that.

A bit further reduced since thins one is a 2-page spread. 

While speaking with Captain Snape, Hermione finds herself snatched up and parked in the crow's nest by a flying boy who looks remarkably like Harry, but he *isn't* Harry.

Captain Snape engages the boy in a duel.

5-Duel.jpg
    792 x 646 - 405K
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,121

Sven Dullah said:

Gordig said:

Posting this here because it's probably the best place to get answers for this. I just started experimenting with pwToon on a G8F Centaur, and I'm finding that the geoshell torso surface seems to be inseparable from the actual figure's torso surface. Is that the normal behavior for pwToon? Or maybe even 3Delight in general? I'm almost strictly an Iray user, so I don't know if this is just some weird bug or if it's normal and I've just never experienced it.

I don't own pwToon so can't be of much help. It's certainly not a general 3DL thing, and I've never had that happen. Could it be product specific? Did you create the geoshell or is it part of the product? 

The geoshell is part of the product, which includes 3DL mats that work just fine. I was able to get it to work eventually, though I couldn't retrace my steps exactly because I did my usual thing of frantically trying things until something took.

• ...another day on Ceres...

• Adam at Corbie Cabin

quiet time.jpg
    2000 x 1250 - 2M
  • lorraineopua said:

Adam at Corbie Cabin

Very cool! Love the lighting! 

edited September 2021

Sven's Space Odyssey continues...

Alien Landscape awe.png
    1600 x 900 - 2M
    edited September 2021

I should have re-checked the text. While the duel is in progress, Hermione attempts to climb down from the crow's nest.

She slips, and falls. Snape abndons the duel and catches her by the wrist. She dangles while he clings to the beam.

The flying boy snatches Hermione out of the Captain's grip, and swoops off with her to the forest. 

Where she encounters his band of Lost boys, and Wendy Darling.

6-Wendy's.jpg
    793 x 646 - 364K
    Post edited by JOdel on
  • JOdel said:

The duel ends, the flying boy snatches Hermione out of the crow's nest and swoops off with her to the forest. 

That's a lot of characters there:) Nice!

edited September 2021

...simple portrait...

Katri pp2 awe.png
    1600 x 2240 - 4M
    edited September 2021

...on duty...

Katri exo pp awe.png
    1600 x 1280 - 3M
  • Oooh, I really like that render! Nice!

Sven Dullah said:

JOdel said:

The duel ends, the flying boy snatches Hermione out of the crow's nest and swoops off with her to the forest. 

That's a lot of characters there:) Nice!

11 of them. All either G3 or G8. At this length of time (I did that project Back in 2018), if I remember correctly, I was able to get them all into the scene to render it, but I think I needed to split the groups up and save them as separate scenes and merge them. Otherwise, once i got more than 8 or 9 characters into the scene, Once I saved it, I wasn't able to open it again. 

That was my previous computer, and it behaved as if it was cursed.

edited September 2021

Misselthwaite said:

Oooh, I really like that render! Nice!

Tks:) Still can't decide if that outfit is ridiculous or cool, it's a fine line lol.

Here's another one...

Ania pp awe.png
    1600 x 1100 - 2M
  • Hi All,

Wow, there is some wonderful work being done here!

My latest effort, possibly an album cover?

• nattaruk said:

Hi All,

Wow, there is some wonderful work being done here!

My latest effort, possibly an album cover?

Nice! I figure that pose wouldn't work too well on my G1 characters:) 

edited September 2021

...a Swedish Methusalem? cheeky

U Walker awe.png
    800 x 1048 - 1M
    edited September 2021

...another version, hopefully a little less Swedish "lookdev" looking...

U Walker 2 awe.png
    800 x 1048 - 1M

It turns out that the reason why the Jolly Roger was even at Mermaid Lagoon is because a fairy had told its Captain that the Indian chief's runaway daughter was going there to meet and join up with Peter Pan. Captain Snape felt much indebted to the Indians since they had found him when he fell into the book and nursed him back to health. It is more than evident to Hermione that most of the characters of the story are being enacted by the people from Snape's subconsious.

The lost boys, of course, just wanted the chance to have a glorious fight with the ex-pirates.

They do intercept Tiger Lily, but she truely wishes to go with Pan. Hermione finally convinces him that it is all right to let someone go.

Despite having recruited Tiger Lily, Pan is unwilling to let Wendy and her brothers go. It is at this point tht Hermione realizes that she is just at caught in the book as Snape is.

7-Tiger-Lily.jpg
    796 x 1301 - 176K
    edited September 2021

surprise

No Survivors awe.png
    1600 x 900 - 2M
  • vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297
    edited September 2021

Honestly, I believe that's how Daz3d is gonna phase 3Delight out. Just let PAs make all this IRAY stuff that does not easily convert to 3DL then shrug and go "Eh, what are ya gonna do? Guess we'll just get rid of this thing no one makes new content for any more!" Its starting to look that way with Dforce vs Cornforming clothing too.

Post edited by vrba79 on
    edited September 2021

The dForce only stuff is in the minority. Although the most of rigging in the usual offerings varies all over the map.

Post edited by JOdel on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,121

I have some pre-dForce dresses where the skirt just isn't rigged at all.

Yeah, I think we all have a few things like those. Looked okay in the promos, but not usable at all.

edited September 2021

...should have SubD:d the hair, but here goes...

Phryne 1pp awe.png
    1200 x 1400 - 3M

The ex-pirates and Hermione return to the ship. The adventure is clearly not over, but Hermione needs more information. Such as; how do they manage to escape the book?

8-Ship.jpg
    798 x 1301 - 160K