off topic thread

19495969798100»

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,103

Hey Vyusur,

Fantastic New Release, girl!!! These are Awesome!!!

...and they look great in some amazing Aeon Soul too!!! 

Bravo!!!

• mschackmschack Posts: 337

Zombie Elves?

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

mschack said:

Zombie Elves?

Nope! Aliens.

Dartanbeck said:

Hey Vyusur,

Fantastic New Release, girl!!! These are Awesome!!!

...and they look great in some amazing Aeon Soul too!!! 

Bravo!!!

Thank you so much!

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969

Thinking of you, Misty! heart

Cool Aliens, Vyusur! yes

smiley  Silene

Thank you, Silene!

Vyusur. what did you use to paint those skin designs?  Very subtle.

edited August 2021

mschack said:

Vyusur. what did you use to paint those skin designs?  Very subtle.

Thank you for your comment.

It was quite a long time ago, I don't even remember. But I made a video of the whole painting process. Here it is

Original painting was made for one of my standalone figures and then baked for Genesis 8 figures.

Post edited by Vyusur on

That is awesome!  How do you get overlapping uvs like that?  Is that separate vertex groups or layers?  In Carrara I assume those would have to be loaded as individual maps?

mschack said:

That is awesome!  How do you get overlapping uvs like that?  Is that separate vertex groups or layers?  In Carrara I assume those would have to be loaded as individual maps?

I made uv unwrap for each material zone separately.

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,179

My wife & I are watching the Australian TV series "Rake", funny stuff.  We are also learning a new language, last night the protagonist accused people of "white anting" ... had to search that one, a good term ... 

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757

yep, happens a lot in clubs, sporting & social!  sad

mschack said:

Also, in Blender she was able to select all regions at once allowing her to paint on all of the surfaces that she wanted to paint on, which I think is what you were asking. Very nice for painting across regions precisely!!!

Dartanbeck said:

mschack said:

Also, in Blender she was able to select all regions at once allowing her to paint on all of the surfaces that she wanted to paint on, which I think is what you were asking. Very nice for painting across regions precisely!!!

I didn't select them at all. It's a default option to paint across material zones in Blender.

Vyusur those characters look really nice, but nothing will ever beat your comfy chair modelling video haha!

@mschack, thank you for your kind words.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,024

Yo, Misty - Hope you are Doing Well

• oh I saw the videos of the flooding in NYC too, hope Misty and others OK heart

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969

The Northeast took a beating, but my friends;/family in coastal NH and Southern Maine are OK, It seems to have lost its punch before Boston. Poor NY.  And Philly, my husband worked there in the 60s and we revisited there in the 90s so he knew where the neighbourhood were even though they'd changed over the decades. 

Be safe, Misty!  And everyone who lives in the path of this terrible storm. 40 dead now. crying  Silene

"Cricket championship comes to Houston"  (31Aug2021)  That's Houston, Texas ... I never expected to see those words in a single sentence.  Interesting quote: " ... when India and Pakistan played years ago, around 1 billion people were tuned in all over the planet ... "  About the same as the FIFA World Cup, and maybe six times more than the US Football Super Bowl.

https://preview.houstonchronicle.com/families/cricket-chamionship-comes-to-houston-here-s-16420175

lol

that 1 billion people would have just been from India and Pakistan surprise

the rest of the world probably never even knew wink

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    The only intresting part of any of them, is the Super Bowl show, not the game. Cricket needs a good show too.

On a more sad note, my Son, who lives several states away, has just reported positive with COVID-19 and is not doing well.

He's very young, strong, and healthy (otherwise), so he should pull through this just fine. But it doesn't stop me from being completely off my game these days.

His girlfriend's babysitter (fro her kids, silly! Stop thinking like that!!! LOL) ended up positive, so they all had to get tested - and he was already feeling most of the symptoms and was going to get tested anyway.

Argh!!!

Be nice if the forums had a dark mode. Retina burn when i check here in the evening lol...

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,024
    edited September 2021

Dart - Sending positive Karma to your son and your family.  Be well.

mschack - I agree about the screen mode.

SteveK - two thumbs up for cricket in Prairie View.  Cricket was popular where I went to grad school because there was a large community from India and Pakistan.  There were only 4 complete buildings back when I went there, with a big open area of crisscrossed pavement.  Folks would set up the stick thingies (that is the technical term, correct?) and do the bowling in the middle.

Post edited by Diomede on

Diomede said:

Folks would set up the stick thingies (that is the technical term, correct?) and do the bowling in the middle.

oh dear ... lol

stumps and bails laugh

Diomede said:

SteveK - two thumbs up for cricket in Prairie View.  Cricket was popular where I went to grad school because there was a large community from India and Pakistan.  There were only 4 complete buildings back when I went there, with a big open area of crisscrossed pavement.  Folks would set up the stick thingies (that is the technical term, correct?) and do the bowling in the middle.

Yes, lots of folks in the Houston area from India and Pakistan also.  I got interested in cricket long ago on a trip to London, happened to be during the Cricket World Cup.  So we took off for Lord's one fine morning only to learn the only tickets left were 100 pounds.  So back on the Tube to a pub and watched on TV, which was probably better for us anyway, since somebody could explain things like "after tea".  I asked a bartender who was ahead, he said "Beats me, I'm going home to watch the Yankees".  There was also a Major League Baseball expo going on at Covent Garden ... 

Dartanbeck said:

He's very young, strong, and healthy (otherwise), so he should pull through this just fine. But it doesn't stop me from being completely off my game these days.

Yes, most people recover, and it sounds like he surely will.  Still, sorry to hear it.

• mschack said:

Be nice if the forums had a dark mode. Retina burn when i check here in the evening lol...

Firefox has an "Adjust Screen Brightness" extension.  I run it at 80% at certain times of day (adjustable).  Easier than constantly adjusting the monitor.

edited September 2021

Steve K said:

Diomede said:

since somebody could explain things like "after tea".  I asked a bartender who was ahead, he said "Beats me

the morning session of day 5 started well with 8 wickets in hand and runs flowed till lunch, after lunch the wickets started to fall and reaching the score was to be too hard a task so we dug in till tea, after tea the wicket started to act up and wickets started to tumble we needed to make it to stumps for a draw but was bundled out by drinks... was a good game though wink

Old "off topic thread"

Post edited by frank0314 on
This discussion has been closed.