More Non-photorealisitic Renders (NPR III)

ArtiniArtini Posts: 6,817
This discussion was created from comments split from: More Non-photorealisitic Renders (NPR II).
«13456723

Comments

  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 6,817
    edited August 2021

    Example renders with Sakura 8 and different LUTs (Look Up Table) in Beautify 2 in Unity.

    image

    image

    image

    image

    Sakura801pic01.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Sakura801pic02Gamebob2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Sakura801pic03SonicD2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Sakura801pic04.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by Artini on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 6,817
    edited August 2021

    One more render with different angle of the light and Kuato LUT.

    I like playing with LUTs a lot. They give such a nice variation to the images.

    image

    Sakura801pic06Kuato.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by Artini on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 6,817
    edited August 2021

    Has changed the sky preset in Sky Studio, used RealToon tesselated shaders on the puppies and the different LUT in Beautify 2.

    image

    Sakura801pic07.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by Artini on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 6,817
    edited August 2021

    ... and the short video, I have made on YouTube, with some animations added.

     

    Post edited by Artini on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 6,817

    juvesatriani said:

    Artini said:

    Thanks for the comments, @nyanyan and @Gordig.

    I am still experimenting with Unity to get some NPR look.

     

    Plz share and update  in your unity NPR thread how to get result like yours

    Has posted some tips on:

    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/491026/npr-and-daz-post-your-renders-experiences-and-recipes#latest

     

  • Excellent NPR outcome @Artini , Yours already great !!

  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 6,817
    edited August 2021

    Thanks, @juvesatriani. I am really enjoying working with Unity.

     

    Post edited by Artini on
  • mdk1960mdk1960 Posts: 37

    Daz Studio render - post render in RepaintMyImage, Clip Studio Paint and Photoshop

    ILLUSION3B-SM.jpg
    900 x 1265 - 1M
  • mdk1960mdk1960 Posts: 37
    edited August 2021

    Two POV of same scene - similar render/ post render NPR: Daz Studio>save OBJ file>import .obj in Poser>render cartoon w/line>Clip Studio Paint>Photoshop

    CUTOUT-E3-sm.jpg
    900 x 713 - 413K
    CUTOUT-F23-sm.jpg
    1063 x 818 - 729K
    Post edited by mdk1960 on
  • mdk1960 said:

    Two POV of same scene - similar render/ post render NPR: Daz Studio>save OBJ file>import .obj in Poser>render cartoon w/line>Clip Studio Paint>Photoshop

    This DAZ > Poser Cartoon line is something I need to learn, thanks for sharing

    BTW anyone already seen  MARVEL WHAT IF series ? So many amazing NPR stuff in there 

  • juvesatrianijuvesatriani Posts: 491
    edited August 2021

    EEVEE Multipass Plus Photoshop

    Here my latest experiment in Blender Eevee and with special layering tricks in Photoshop to make it look like Toon style

    BarFront View.jpg
    1524 x 1524 - 1M
    BarTopView.jpg
    1560 x 1560 - 2M
    PnkBar.jpg
    1080 x 1080 - 1M
    PinkBarSet.jpg
    1949 x 1949 - 3M
    Post edited by juvesatriani on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 6,817

    juvesatriani said:

    EEVEE Multipass Plus Photoshop

    Here my latest experiment in Blender Eevee and with special layering tricks in Photoshop to make it look like Toon style

    Looks great - well done.

  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 6,817
    edited August 2021
    Babina801pic01.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 477K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • mdk1960mdk1960 Posts: 37

    Batgirl panel - 1 flat color and 1 tones

    dark street-batgirl-flat-color.jpg
    1500 x 927 - 1M
    batgirl112-tones.jpg
    1500 x 945 - 1M
  • This has a nice basic look to the figures and backgrounds. A different angle on the light would add some more depth by letting the shadows add definition to her body.

    The problem is the tones. Although I like the way they look on her, having the same tint applied to the background completely flattens this image. If possible, consider using a lighter tint for the background (may just 5-10%) and if you want to still use lines, reverse the angle so that they come from the opposit direction (or use dots). This will help her to "pop" from the background more. I love the helmet/cowl, btw. This is a good character design. Nice job.

  • Nice pic. Kind of reminds me of Frank Miller's work during his "Ronin" period (that is to say, his style twixt Daredevil and Sin City).

    The composition is nice and simple, and it is really enhanced by your subtle use of color (the reds and yellows, particularly). 

    Nice placement of your sig, btw. Nice job, all around. 

  • Testing new pwToon preset and check how easy to get look i wanted in Photoshop

    Motor_PSHOP.jpg
    2500 x 2500 - 6M
    Motor _Direct Render.png
    2500 x 2500 - 5M
  • mdk1960mdk1960 Posts: 37

    juvesatriani said:

    Testing newV pwToon preset and check how easy to get look i wanted in Photoshop

    Very niceley done. Machines look great w/a cartoon edge. I haven't tried PWToon yet, but the look is nice and clean here. 

  • mdk1960mdk1960 Posts: 37

    mmitchell_houston said:

    This has a nice basic look to the figures and backgrounds. A different angle on the light would add some more depth by letting the shadows add definition to her body.

    The problem is the tones. Although I like the way they look on her, having the same tint applied to the background completely flattens this image. If possible, consider using a lighter tint for the background (may just 5-10%) and if you want to still use lines, reverse the angle so that they come from the opposit direction (or use dots). This will help her to "pop" from the background more. I love the helmet/cowl, btw. This is a good character design. Nice job.

     

     Thank you for the look and yes, I totally agree about tone background, I usually combine these in photoshop - just haven't had time to explain more on technique I use - but essentially I'll be applying the screen tone as a layer to the flat color. I'll juice the contrast in the final. Thanks for the view and solid critique!

  • mdk1960 said:

    mmitchell_houston said:

    This has a nice basic look to the figures and backgrounds. A different angle on the light would add some more depth by letting the shadows add definition to her body.

    The problem is the tones. Although I like the way they look on her, having the same tint applied to the background completely flattens this image. If possible, consider using a lighter tint for the background (may just 5-10%) and if you want to still use lines, reverse the angle so that they come from the opposit direction (or use dots). This will help her to "pop" from the background more. I love the helmet/cowl, btw. This is a good character design. Nice job.

     

     Thank you for the look and yes, I totally agree about tone background, I usually combine these in photoshop - just haven't had time to explain more on technique I use - but essentially I'll be applying the screen tone as a layer to the flat color. I'll juice the contrast in the final. Thanks for the view and solid critique!

    You are very welcome. Your tone usage is interesting and adds a lot to the illustration.

  • juvesatriani said:

    Testing new pwToon preset and check how easy to get look i wanted in Photoshop

    Very, very cool. It has a nice, illustrated look. Which motorcycle is this? It looks very familiar (in other words, I think I have it or one very like it).

    Is this in service to a story, or are you just doing it for the thrill of it?

  •  

    Very, very cool. It has a nice, illustrated look. Which motorcycle is this? It looks very familiar (in other words, I think I have it or one very like it).

    Is this in service to a story, or are you just doing it for the thrill of it?

     The motor is this https://www.daz3d.com/steampunk-motorbike

    About the design , that my first test to see if is already good enough to create poster for art print 

  • juvesatriani said:

     

    Very, very cool. It has a nice, illustrated look. Which motorcycle is this? It looks very familiar (in other words, I think I have it or one very like it).

    Is this in service to a story, or are you just doing it for the thrill of it?

     The motor is this https://www.daz3d.com/steampunk-motorbike

    About the design , that my first test to see if is already good enough to create poster for art print 

    Thanks for the link. It turns out I don't have it, just one that is similar. Best of luck with the art print.
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 6,817

    juvesatriani said:

     

    Very, very cool. It has a nice, illustrated look. Which motorcycle is this? It looks very familiar (in other words, I think I have it or one very like it).

    Is this in service to a story, or are you just doing it for the thrill of it?

     The motor is this https://www.daz3d.com/steampunk-motorbike

    About the design , that my first test to see if is already good enough to create poster for art print 

    Very well done. You are very talented.

  • pavsikakyjpavsikakyj Posts: 119

    juvesatriani said:

    Testing new pwToon preset and check how easy to get look i wanted in Photoshop

    Superb!  Metal and rubber are perfect. Are you planning to share those presets?

  • vrba79vrba79 Posts: 992

    My first go at G8M.

  • juvesatrianijuvesatriani Posts: 491
    edited August 2021

    Guys , Already posted the new stylized pw Toon preset in freebie Sub Forum , you can get in here

    1499 x 754 - 505K
    Post edited by juvesatriani on
  • TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 624
    edited August 2021

    Here is a link to a discussion on FREE Manga shader.

    @juvesatriani Thanks for all your wonderful toys. Keep up the great work.

    Post edited by Tugpsx on
  • vrba79vrba79 Posts: 992

    First attempt with G8F.

  • vrba79vrba79 Posts: 992
    edited August 2021

    I find myself having to fake eye specular highlights in post when using G8 with 3Delight. Is there a better way? With non G8 eyes, its as easy as slapping a map onto the cornea, but as best I can tell no such maps are there for G8.

    Post edited by vrba79 on
Sign In or Register to comment.