GENERAL FREEBIE REQUESTS part 3

Comments

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 5,039

A free sketchup model which may be transferrable somehow: https://3dwarehouse.sketchup.com/model/bbc7ceae1d9b9e9be3bf13b8cd77dc4e/MST3K-The-Satellite-of-Love-v-11?hl=en

Regards,

Richard

• Does anyone know of a GPS tracking monitor like they use for house arrest?
    I'm planning on using it on a G2M character but I can probably make it work so long as it looks right. 
    I'm hoping for something similar to this...

gps-tracking-monitoring-house-arrestB.jpg
    637 x 500 - 24K
  • Question, how does one load up files from renderosity into the daz 3d folders. Sorry I'm not to tech savvy.

• swords4two said:

Question, how does one load up files from renderosity into the daz 3d folders. Sorry I'm not to tech savvy.

There are a number of ways. You can unzip it either into the DAZ folders, or unzip it into a different folder and map that folder in DAZ Studio. The Renderosity files have to be un the correct structure.

Or you could use an app e.g. Content Package Assist, which will create the zips and then you can use DIM to install it.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,008

swords4two said:

Question, how does one load up files from renderosity into the daz 3d folders. Sorry I'm not to tech savvy.

Extract the zip to a temp folder, as sometimes there are extra top-level folders in them.

In the temp folder look where the main folders are, ie the "Runtime", "data", "people".. folders.

Once you've found one of the main folders, take it and every other folder at the same level and put them in your content directory, so that "Runtime" merges with existing "Runtime" folder there, and so on.

The files should now be visible in the Content Library tab in DS.

• I'm after a Fishing Rod Holder, this pic might give you an idea of what I'm after

There is a cheap one on Turbosquid, but the format is Solidworks Assembly 2012.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,308
    edited August 2021

This is in stl format : https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4171993 and Blender can import stl files and then export them as obj which can then be imported into DS

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • Charlie Judge said:

This is in stl format : https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4171993 and Blender can import stl files and then export them as obj which can then be imported into DS

Thank you!

• Hi All,

I am looking for POSH 1940s to 1950s female clothing and clip-on earrings of that era.

Many thanks in advance

Barbz

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,767

ShadowBox24 said:

I am looking for POSH 1940s to 1950s female clothing

I think you might like some of Wilmap's work: https://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk/

• ShadowBox24ShadowBox24 Posts: 184
    edited August 2021

Hylas said:

ShadowBox24 said:

I am looking for POSH 1940s to 1950s female clothing

I think you might like some of Wilmap's work: https://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk/

Hi Hylas,

I have already checked Wilmaps site, but unfortunatly nothing is suited for my G3F project.  If anything I'm really surprised that there is not any 1950s clothing...... We have loads of 50s cars and shexy poses but no clothes -  LOL  its a funny world we live in...LOL

I'll attached a couple of images of what I am looking for :)

1950s Glam dress a6.jpg
    570 x 724 - 117K
    1950s - glam dress e5.jpg
    1000 x 1282 - 169K
    1950s swing coat 1a.jpg
    570 x 860 - 81K
    1950s 9f.jpg
    480 x 640 - 78K
    Post edited by ShadowBox24 on
  • 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

Is there any freebie for snapping V4/M4 hand props to G8F/G8M?  For example, guns, swords, etc?

• 3dOutlaw said:

Is there any freebie for snapping V4/M4 hand props to G8F/G8M?  For example, guns, swords, etc?

Try turning off Parent In Place - that will snap the prop's centre point to the hand's (which may or may not be useful as a starting point).

• daybirddaybird Posts: 648

Hi folks,

I search for a sleeping bag. Perfect would be for 2 persons with morphs to open, roll him up etc.

Even when it will cost money I would appreciate a link.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,308

daybird said:

Hi folks,

I search for a sleeping bag. Perfect would be for 2 persons with morphs to open, roll him up etc.

Even when it will cost money I would appreciate a link.

Not free but very low cost:  https://poserworld.com/3d-camping-tent-and-sleeping-bag-models

• daybirddaybird Posts: 648

THX for the post. I wrote to the seller and asked him if this prob is able to fit two persons and have a morph to open. This is neccessary for what I have in mind. 

• Hi i'm looking for the clothes and tails and horns for these characters i'm creating. I'm having a hard time in finding what I need.

png.png
    3177 x 5000 - 7M
    Smaller_File_Nile.png
    7000 x 5108 - 4M
  • I am looking for an old Dairy Farm Milk can as pictured below.

s-l500.jpg
    500 x 500 - 66K
  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645

naxuam_66429eb97e said:

I am looking for an old Dairy Farm Milk can as pictured below.

Mapps has three versions of the 19th century version of the milk can. Not quite like the ones we used on our farm in the 60's but really really close. Mapps Poser Downloads -- Characters & Props - Created in Carrara for use in Poser (archive.org)

• Thank You!

• riuken1riuken1 Posts: 128
    edited September 2021

DoctorJellybean said:

I'm after a Fishing Rod Holder, this pic might give you an idea of what I'm after

There is a cheap one on Turbosquid, but the format is Solidworks Assembly 2012.

I know if a bit late but I see this on sharecg.

Edit: Sorry i was waking up wen I read the coment, your are after the holder not the fishing rod, sory aobut that.

https://sharecg.com/v/96764/gallery/21/DAZ-Studio/Morphing-Fishing-Rod-For-DS

Post edited by riuken1 on
  • Anyone know if a script has been made that takes the transforms of an object that is using "Point at", copies them, removes the "point at" target and pastes the transforms? Maybe even point back at the target? I'm asking because when a scene is loaded that was using "point at", objects/cameras/lights must be jiggled to have the pointing work again; kinda ruins a whole render batch. Copying each transform value individually seems to be the only way since copying the object pose transforms, removing the point at target, and pasting copied pose retargets the removed target; it gets a little frustrating and tedious with lots is scenes. Locking doesn't work either. The re-point after transforms are copied over would just be helpful after saving so it doesn't have to be manually pointed at every time.
  • Ever see free UV mapped .obj's of fractal models, such as the output from the Mandlebulb program? I've only seen the simpler things like the cube (spongue) and the triangular pyramid equivalent. I'd like to see some of the more complex and interesting Mandlebulb output offered for free. There may be a reason I've never seen such things for free. Perhaps they are copywrite protected, or the output from Mandlebulb is insanely dense geometry or something.

• edited September 2021

@DoctorJellybean

Bottom turned out better then the top.

It's an obj file could be made into a prop for Daz with morphs etc. (Feel free to use it as a start)

Pole Holder.jpg
    992 x 881 - 216K
    zip
    zip
    Pole Holder.zip
    Post edited by felldude_a7e146142b on
  • felldude_a7e146142b said:

@DoctorJellybean

Bottom turned out better then the top.

It's an obj file could be made into a prop for Daz with morphs etc. (Feel free to use it as a start)

Thank you!

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,767

Guys, help me out here.

Only a few days ago I was checking the weekly cubebrush freebies and there was an item that looked really useful. I think it was a collection of sci-fi Photoshop brushes, or something like it... to be honest I don´t 100% remember what it was exactly, I only remember really wanting it.

I couldn´t get it then because the daily download limit had been reached (or something)... Now it´s gone from the weekly freebies page.

Now, I think on cubebrush these weekly freebies usually (always?) remain free afterwards... but I don´t remember what the product was called or who the vendor was, so I can´t really search for it.

Does anybody know what I´m talking about here? Did you just recently get a cubebrush freebie that vaguely fits my description above? If so, what was the item & vendor?

• Any chimney smoke for a house around?

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

Maybe some smoke prop in the back left of this?  FX DAZ Studio - DAZ Studio - ShareCG

I've found postwork brushes for smoke work much better!

Chimney Smoke Free Brushes - (218 Free Downloads) (brusheezy.com)

• 3dOutlaw said:

Maybe some smoke prop in the back left of this?  FX DAZ Studio - DAZ Studio - ShareCG

I've found postwork brushes for smoke work much better!

Chimney Smoke Free Brushes - (218 Free Downloads) (brusheezy.com)

Thanks! I tend to avoid postwork, but maybe in this case it'll be a neccessity.

• DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,645

DoctorJellybean said:

Any chimney smoke for a house around?

FX Daz Studio  FX Daz Studio (renderosity.com)

20 Smoke Transquares for Poser https://www.sharecg.com/v/28949/