SereneNight’s Sci-Fi Fun Thread 3

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

Very not pleased. On the DAZ Studio 4.15.x using Toon Generations 2 female (aka the G3F version of TG) the Alice In Wonderland dress ensemble which is based off the MFD for GF3 is completely broken. The MFD for G3F used to work as it was one of my 1st purchases back in 2016 when I started using DAZ Studio again, but not anymore. Irritating.

If I remember right, the same thing happens when one puts the Greek Helena clothing or the Romi clothing, both based on G3F, on a G3F or G8F character.  Irritating.

And when I try to find substitutes for G3F or G8F all that is available is clothing that looks like it was stolen from the gals that hang out on Orange Blossom Trail in their fishnet stockings. Irritating.

LOL, but don't mind me. That can be. Irritating.  winklaugh

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,552

No worries. feel free to vent. It stinks when something you like is broken. =-)

edited August 2021

Supreme Intelligence, lives up to its name and gets the upper hand on Boyd this round. Of course, Owen will have a thing to say about it.

I had a bit of trouble with this render. I really like Supreme's face, but finding something for him to wear... Was a bit challenging. I settled for a Speedo for the sake of my sanity.  He doesn't have a dingus, but it looks wrong without something to cover up the flatness.

Unfortunately, the spindly fingers and oversized arms, are always a 3d challenge. Can't have them hold traditional weapons, and all the poses can look jenky. 

I should say Supreme is on the large size. Being able to heft Boyd over the shoulder is no easy task, but Supreme makes it look easy. That's because he's huge. 

Supreme1.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 2M
    Post edited by Serene Night on

Serene Night said:

Supreme Intelligence, lives up to its name and gets the upper hand on Boyd this round. Of course, Owen will have a thing to say about it.

I had a bit of trouble with this render. I really like Supreme's face, but finding something for him to wear... Was a bit challenging. I settled for a Speedo for the sake of my sanity.  He doesn't have a dingus, but it looks wrong without something to cover up the flatness.

Unfortunately, the spindly fingers and oversized arms, are always a 3d challenge. Can't have them hold traditional weapons, and all the poses can look jenky. 

I should say Supreme is on the large size. Being able to heft Boyd over the shoulder is no easy task, but Supreme makes it look easy. That's because he's huge. 

That's quite good. I will need aliens later but I'm going outside the grey huge eyed Flying Squirrel merged with Human stereotype when I do get around to that.

I fixed my earlier problem. Well rather, dumped the products I was trying to use and used other products I could substitute that were good enough stylistically. Convenient; and the main reason I spent all that money for all the products I bought. I know QC isn't that thorough so I bought, bought, bought.

Part of that earlier problem is that there is something wrong about whatever it is that DAZ Studio does with regards to autofitting / adjusting clothing when you apply morphs that make a character smaller or have toon proportions. Topsy gave problems. Toon Girl gave problems. I finally just dumped the MFD altogether. 

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,949
    edited August 2021

Serene Night said:

I 'm looking at that pose and it's not balancing right to me ...... I think if the Supreme Intelligence's right arm went between Boyd's thighs and came up to grip his hip it would work better .... just my personal view ......

Post edited by carrie58 on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,024

carrie58 said:

Serene Night said:

I 'm looking at that pose and it's not balancing right to me ...... I think if the GI's right arm went between Boyd's thighs and came up to grip his hip it would work better .... just my personal view ......

You just want to see him copping a feel.

Gordig said:

carrie58 said:

Serene Night said:

I 'm looking at that pose and it's not balancing right to me ...... I think if the GI's right arm went between Boyd's thighs and came up to grip his hip it would work better .... just my personal view ......

You just want to see him copping a feel.

You worry me sometimes @Gordig cheeky

Human mating protocols, leave Supreme Intelligence unmoved. Never mind that he abducted Boyd, and Boyd is a total hottie. That's all pure coincidence.wink

edited August 2021

Supreme's arm was moved to go through Boyd's legs, and this necessitated moving Boyd a bit since Supreme's shoulders are a bit spindly and Boyd would've been hanging off some.

I must say this looks pretty good. 

Supreme-0.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 2M
    edited August 2021

I picked up https://www.daz3d.com/cozy-christmas-living-room ; recently on sale. It renders nicely, except the room is all one piece. Had to section panel the side to even see what was going on in there, and that is a drag. Made worse by the fact that the curtains appear to be made out of latex, and there is a painting of a Scottish cow on the wall.  Maybe this is some weird VR experience. I'm going to have to re-render it and do something about the windows. I guess while I'm at it, the boys will get a wardrobe change since I'm not entirely keen on the outfits. Oh well. 

room.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 1M

Serene Night said:

Supreme's arm was moved to go through Boyd's legs, and this necessitated moving Boyd a bit since Supreme's shoulders are a bit spindly and Boyd would've been hanging off some.

Yup that's it ,no longer looks like the only thing holding him up is his butt cheek on SI 's shoulder ,much better balance ..... the slight curve of Boyd's body works good too, yes

edited August 2021

Serene Night said:

That's good too although I felt the other was OK. I didn't notice the groping although now it's making me laugh.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
    edited August 2021

I was interested in Prince Nicholas, and some parts of him I still like, but he has some obvious problems, number 1 his dingus texture has a visible seam. Number 2 his fingers have gone slender man. He does have some nice tanned skin options, and eye colors, and I like his head shape. He has a slightly toony head and a very slight belly  Too bad about the fingers. (And yes I looked to see if something is firing, and I do not see it). He is G8.1

edit: a pa informed me that adjust rigging to shape was likely not used properly on this figure

Nicholas24.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 806K
    edited August 2021

Prince Nicholas had some surgery!

We adjusted his shape to rigging, reduced his neck 97 percent (yeah I know, but poor dear had a goiter or something). Gave him eyelashes, and reduced his waist and head some.

nich.jpg
    1800 x 1400 - 877K
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,808

I'm surprised that Rendo didn't catch that Adjust Rigging to Shape and ERC Freeze weren't used properly -- even though their initial QA isn't as rigorous as here (yes, even now), that's an obvious enough error that you'd think they'd see it.

Separately, I do wonder why the chubby guys are so popular lately. Apart from whatever belly Nicholas has (and a belly, however slight, with a six-pack is an ... unusual design choice), there's also Chad G8M by Tempesta3D over there, and Fred and friends over here. I havent done the math, but I think, though I'm not certain, that Fred actually edges out Brooke for figures based on him.

edited August 2021

Prince Nicholas belly area and love handles looked kinda odd to me to be honest. His waist might need some jcms but it's like he's fit everywhere and then his ab area which protrudes but still is muscular. I don't  like the way that area bends either. It seems not natural. I just narrowed it and got rid of it. If I want a stylized prince I'm not looking for abdominal paunch.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,088

Serene Night said:

Prince Nicholas had some surgery!

We adjusted his shape to rigging, reduced his neck 97 percent (yeah I know, but poor dear had a goiter or something). Gave him eyelashes, and reduced his waist and head some.

Ah, he looks much better after your surgeries. Splendid operations, doctor. I hope his unseen parts responded well to surgery, too.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,742

I did consider Nicholas for a second there but I saw the issue with his anatomical textures in the promos and noped right out. Looks like I made the right choice.

edited August 2021

Ah, he looks much better after your surgeries. Splendid operations, doctor. I hope his unseen parts responded well to surgery, too.

The issue with the unseen parts can be resolved mostly with the light skin (did not bother with the tan skin yet). To resolve I added a pale aqua blue to the base color and turned translucency weight to 70

It blends much better there. However, the PA did not make a real texture there. The torso of base male is used for most of the Anatomical Elements. Which is unusual.

hue.JPG
    321 x 137 - 16K
    edited August 2021

So: https://www.daz3d.com/white-phantom-for-genesis-81-male says it is compatible with Genesis 8 male and genesis 8.1 male, however, no, it isn't you must autofit as 'not supported' which sort of defeats the verbiage in the ad. 

Just in case you are thinking of buying

edited August 2021

Here is White Phantom  fitted to Boyd. I had to add a smoothing modifier to the top since lately outfits want to attach and become moob-ish to his pecs, and this one was no exception.

Perhaps something different with autofit? At any rate, really like this bodysuit. The red highlights on it, though... Wish they were gold because they only are really in one place. The armored groin area

outfit.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 1M
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,742

^ I think you might get better results changing the scene identification of the suit rather than auto-fitting.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

I think Serene means autofollow instead of autofit.

edited August 2021

It works with auto fit

When it asks what figure the outfit was made for selecting Unsupported seems to work.

I'm confused. I thought it was a G8M outfit you were putting on your G8M Boyd. What is it really?

The product is misleading. It says it has fits for G8.1 and G8 Male, but it is only a G8.1 Male outfit. It has no native fit for g8

Serene Night said:

The product is misleading. It says it has fits for G8.1 and G8 Male, but it is only a G8.1 Male outfit. It has no native fit for g8

Oh, I see. Now I understand the comment about changing Scene Identification instead of using Autofit. Did you submit a help request about the incorrect product information?

I didn't submit a ticket. I'm sort of tired of putting int tickets.

edited August 2021

I picked up the new set by Polish today. It is.... A massive set and each render took over 8 minutes on my new machine, which means it is big. I do like it, however. I replaced the water with a different water-plane. I wanted one that was more opaque. 

carried.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 2M
    edited August 2021

A romantic Autumn scene.

Poor Bitty is showing her strange little doggo legs. I wish someone would rework the doggo line. their legs can look funkified. 

AutumnRomance-1.jpg
    1400 x 1600 - 2M