[Released] Thickener plugin [commercial]

AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,381
edited August 2021 in Daz PA Commercial Products

The Thickener Plug-In for Daz Studio converts open-mesh objects (e.g. clothing) into closed-mesh ones, adding a thickness.

The Thickener Plug-In can create static thickened objects or dynamic ones. The latter can react not only to its own parameter but also to the mesh changes in the original object. This way, you can use dForce in the original object, and the dynamic thickened object will smoothly follow the deformations.

You can assign different materials to each side of a thickened object. Moreover, the border can share the material or have its own one. The border, also, can be smooth or sharp.

The Thickener Plug-In is Windows 64 bits and macOS 64 bits compatible.

https://youtu.be/5DDHT1rQf6E

3Delight and Iray Volumetric shaders work correctly in thickened objects:

Thickened objects can interact with plugins as FLUIDOS, FLUDOS II, PARSIS, and Gescon.

Post edited by Alberto on

Comments

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

Wow!

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339

Hurry up, I needed this yesterday! wink

Credit card standing by.

-- Walt Sterdan

• Here we good, need to save some store credit for this!

• James_HJames_H Posts: 996

Waiting with bated breath for now. 

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878

The problem with Thickener is that you then overdo it and need Fluidos and then you overshoot THAT and need more Thickener, and soon you are making enough scenes for a hundred people.

(Sorry)

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,310

When? When? WHEN?!

• Having the created item follow the morphs of the original is a stroke of genius. This makes the product go from "nice to have" to "I want it now, now, now."

• This looks like it is something so many people can use immediately. I will be getting this

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,743

Wow, this looks great!

Is this a bit like a fancy geoshell?

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140
    edited August 2021

Brilliant!! Intsa-buy as soon as it hits the store!!! 

Post edited by AllenArt on
  • AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,381

Hylas said:

Wow, this looks great!

Is this a bit like a fancy geoshell?

Yes, a bit like that.

AllenArt said:

Brilliant!! Intsa-buy as soon as it hits the store!!! 

laugh 

• Even if it just offers a fraction of thickener, it's more than we have already. I'm keen to give it a try. 

• Mark_e593e0a5Mark_e593e0a5 Posts: 1,569

Consider it Bought laugh

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Damn, I don't have to Blender items

I'll actually pay release price for this as opposed to my usuall 'wait till it's 1.99'

• mcorrmcorr Posts: 1,018

About how long before thisis available? days, or weeks?

• Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,037

I guess this is not a non destructive modifier like in Blender?

• AsariAsari Posts: 703
    Can we use this with obj objects imported into Studio, and will it be able to export the modified object as a single obj out of Studio into other apps?

mcorr said:

About how long before thisis available? days, or weeks?

I think a week or two.

gerster said:

Yes, it's non destructive. The original object remains intact.

Asari said:

Can we use this with obj objects imported into Studio, and will it be able to export the modified object as a single obj out of Studio into other apps?

Yes. 

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142

Can we export objs from DS to use in other programs with your plugins modifications intact?  

RAMWolff said:

Can we export objs from DS to use in other programs with your plugins modifications intact?  

Yes. The plugin creates an independent thicken object. You can export it.

Thank you !  

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,745

Just saw this.  Looks awesome.  Make more stuff.

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339

A week... or two?

You're killing me.

This is one of the few items in recent memory where I've anticipated it this eagerly.

I'm really, really, really looking forward to it. wink

Thanks for the update.

Walt Sterdan

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

wsterdan said:

A week... or two?

You're killing me.

This is one of the few items in recent memory where I've anticipated it this eagerly.

I'm really, really, really looking forward to it. wink

Thanks for the update.

Walt Sterdan

What walt said.

• solissolis Posts: 124

What nicstt said.

• Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,037

gerster said:

So it's just you keep the original obj and your thickner plugin just creates a copy where addtional mesh is added?

I'm sorry to say, this is not a non-destructive-workflow. This is more like in PhotoShop, cloning a layer and working than on that copy.

Blender has a non destruktive workflow for this feature. You have a modifier, which is applied to the orginal object.

gerster said:

gerster said:

So it's just you keep the original obj and your thickner plugin just creates a copy where addtional mesh is added?

I'm sorry to say, this is not a non-destructive-workflow. This is more like in PhotoShop, cloning a layer and working than on that copy.

Blender has a non destruktive workflow for this feature. You have a modifier, which is applied to the orginal object.

OK. It's not a modifier. It's a new object. I cannot use a modifier because it only modifies the geometry. The thickened object has its own surfaces. So, if you wish, can use different shaders inside, outside and in the border. It's non-destructive in the sense that the plugin don't alter the original object.

One more question... does the copy retain the UV maps and if so then the joined copy to thicken it up what sort of UV's are assigned?  

RAMWolff said:

One more question... does the copy retain the UV maps and if so then the joined copy to thicken it up what sort of UV's are assigned?  

The UV map is retained. In the new object, both the mesh of the internal side and that of the external side share the UV map (but they can have different surfaces is you wish). The border can have new UV values (a planar projection) or can get its own by stretching the UV map of the orginal object.