[Released] Thickener plugin [commercial]

167891012»

Comments

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,801

I use right now 3 thickener plugins and sometimes when I load the scene, the third is not there, I have to press enable/disable.

Also when I hide stuff sometimes the other ones does fly up and stay there.

So the props seem to have problems to stay in place when things are happening :<

But it's still a great product :)

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,801

I discovered how to solve the bug, if you reload a scene and the prop is not at the same place as before.

I don't know WHY it happens but here is the solution:

Open the timeline, find the product and if it created keys, then rightclick it and go to Select->"Select all item key" then rightclick again the prop and chose delete selected keys, then will the item be again at it's correct position.

I don't know why the plugin creates random keys, it does happen very random :<

Also a tipp:

If you use like me groups for organisation like:

Scene

|- Chars

|- Char 1

|- Outfit

etc, then make sure, you load the thickened object (I recommend dynamic), by selecting the wanted object (as exampleclik on your t-shirt then on thickener -> dynamic) and then, go to the new thickened object and click enable, and THEN you can drag it into the group, if you drag it before you clicked enable, it does sync the location wrong, because of the group locations.

(same problem if you move a locked item in/out of groups, the translation positions are different, if you ever wonder why something doesn't stay on place after grouping, make sure to unlock the translation/rotations.)

I hope that this will help people who use google for troubleshoot and landing hre :)

step1.png
    448 x 365 - 49K
  • InfiniteMonkeyInfiniteMonkey Posts: 19
    edited January 19

So, weird problem with the plug-in: it was working fine for a few months, and now, for no reason I can tell, it's stopped showing up in my tools. It's still installed on my computer, and it appears in my list of plug-ins, but the serial number registration field has vanished, and there's no where for me to re-enter the serial number. I can't uninstall the plug-in (doesn't actually uninstall from my plug-ins, even using both DazCentral and the Install manager. Manually deleting the plug-in from my Daz folder does make it apparently vanish from my plug-ins, but re-installing puts it back into the list without giving me a field to put the serial number into).

Anybody have any ideas? I have a ticket in with Daz, but you all know how long it can take to hear back from them. I LOVE THIS PLUG-IN, and it's maddening not being able to use it!

EDIT---NEVER MIND! No idea what happened, but it's apparently working again. Yay, computers, or something!?!

Post edited by InfiniteMonkey on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,162

I'm glad you magically got it working. I think Thickener is a great addition to DS, too.