New Daz-OptiTex Dynamic Clothes thread [Commercial]

Comments

• JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

The basics work fine via DIM install, but if you want to use the extra features the DCC offers (the 'Physics' and 'Preferences' tabs inside the main Dynamic Clothing tab) then that's where manual download will uninstall the basic version and install the advanced version... DIM only ever installs the basic version (based on personal experience - if it works for other folk, lucky you).

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

Yes, it definitely worked here all the time and I also got the "paid for" version. Anyway, if it does not work via DIM then you can do the manual install as follow-up easily enough.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Jabba101 said:
    The basics work fine via DIM install, but if you want to use the extra features the DCC offers (the 'Physics' and 'Preferences' tabs inside the main Dynamic Clothing tab) then that's where manual download will uninstall the basic version and install the advanced version... DIM only ever installs the basic version (based on personal experience - if it works for other folk, lucky you).
    So DIM won't uninstall the Basic when the Advanced is installed...hum I will have to contact support and see if they know about this. Thanks for the heads up Andrew.
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

I can't say I've ever had an issue with this - I have done (and still do) manual installs of DS itself (I want it installed where I want it!) and DIM installs of DCC (and other stuff) and never had to worry about the basic version.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,738
    edited December 1969

If you install the updated versions of DS and the Dynamic Clothing Control it is important to make sure that DS installs first - so, since DS is the bigger file, download and install that and then grab the plug-ins only when it has completed.

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

That is how I do things and so far never had an issue with anything

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724
    edited December 1969

I had to reinstall daz, again, and am trying to reinstall the dynamic clothing control, but it's telling me it can't find daz, and quits. Now what do I do?

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

I had to reinstall daz, again, and am trying to reinstall the dynamic clothing control, but it's telling me it can't find daz, and quits. Now what do I do?

Are you installing with DIM or a stand-alone installer?

edited December 1969

Are you installing with DIM or a stand-alone installer?

I am trying the standalone.

edited December 1969

I just tried using the installer, and although it says it's installed, it's not showing up under the tabs in daz.

edited December 1969

Does it show up, and if so how, in Help> About Installed Plugins ..?

DCC.jpg
    651 x 685 - 64K
    edited December 1969

It wasn't. So I reintalled, and am now adding the serial number. I can't figure out what happened, because I just used it last week :(

edited December 1969

It wasn't. So I reintalled, and am now adding the serial number. I can't figure out what happened, because I just used it last week :(

"To err is human, to really foul things up requires a computer" ;)

edited December 1969

You can say that again. Come to think of it, Windows 8 did another 'update' yesterday. Took forever. Not that I'd know how, but it may have screwed up the app in daz. Either way. It's back after both re-instals.

edited December 1969

You can say that again. Come to think of it, Windows 8 did another 'update' yesterday. Took forever. Not that I'd know how, but it may have screwed up the app in daz. Either way. It's back after both re-instals.

Good to hear!
    edited October 2014

Trying to do my part in keeping up interest in Daz Dynamics, here is a link to my latest scene using a Daz Dynamics product (http://willowraven.weebly.com/uploads/6/3/9/0/639044/8944747_orig.jpg). Also attaching a cropped version, because I don't know if the image violates the nudity guidelines for the forums.

Anyone know when new products will become available, or more freebies?

gorgon_tales_under_a_blood_moon_-_crop_for_nudity.jpg
    2000 x 770 - 1M
    Post edited by WillowRaven on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

Trying to do my part in keeping up interest in Daz Dynamics, here is a link to my latest scene using a Daz Dynamics product (http://willowraven.weebly.com/uploads/6/3/9/0/639044/8944747_orig.jpg). Also attaching a cropped version, because I don't know if the image violates the nudity guidelines for the forums.

Anyone know when new products will become available, or more freebies?

I've wondered the same thing, at least about freebies.

Dana

• IkyotoIkyoto Posts: 1,159
    edited December 1969

Dynamics in DAZ is one of the coolest things ever. Now I just need to figure out L.I.E.

edited December 1969

lol ... me too. I was guided through it once, and it worked great, but doubt I could do it again without help, lol.

edited December 1969

Latest Daz Dynamic project, this time using a freebie, flared dress: http://www.optitex-dynamiccloth.com/FreebieDownload01.php

moorland-cover---final---web.jpg
    933 x 1400 - 136K
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

Latest Daz Dynamic project, this time using a freebie, flared dress: http://www.optitex-dynamiccloth.com/FreebieDownload01.php

Nice!

Dana

edited December 1969

It's rare for me to use anything but dynamic clothing, so I find myself often getting creative with transmaps to stretch my wardrobe, but in this case, the dress was perfect for my needs as it was. Just used a shader for the pattern.

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    edited December 1969

So, I transferred my optitex clothing from Daz3/old computer to Daz 4.6/new computer, and now I get error messages when I load the clothing, and "floating point" error messages when I try to drape them on a human figure. Any advice?

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Did you transfer the data folder too?

edited October 2014

Kerya said:
    Did you transfer the data folder too?

I transferred the one under "Content" but not anything that might have been under "My Library". I guess I should hook up the old computer tonight and try that.

Post edited by Odaa on
    edited December 1969

When that happened to me, I got frustrated and just reinstalled what I could, and re-purchased what wasn't available at daz for reinstall.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Odaa said:
    So, I transferred my optitex clothing from Daz3/old computer to Daz 4.6/new computer, and now I get error messages when I load the clothing, and "floating point" error messages when I try to drape them on a human figure. Any advice?

Did you make sure the new computer with the new version of D|S also has the new version of the dynamic plugin? This must be updated when you update to a new D|S version, the third and fourth numbers of the version must match. E.g. the current D|S is 4.6.3.52 and the dynamic plugin is 1.3.3.52.
    edited December 1969

Odaa said:

Did you make sure the new computer with the new version of D|S also has the new version of the dynamic plugin? This must be updated when you update to a new D|S version, the third and fourth numbers of the version must match. E.g. the current D|S is 4.6.3.52 and the dynamic plugin is 1.3.3.52.

Thank you all! SpottedKitty's post led me to doublecheck the dlls-it still had the basic version of dynamic clothing control in there, so I deleted that (it failing to uninstall is a known issue) and re-registered the advanced control, and after that most things worked, except some of the newer content from Martin's cite. Not sure i'm going to bother rebuying the western wear, but the nun's habit and biblical gear are musts for me.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Those dud files would be .daz scenes, I assume? There's a known-about-for-years problem where D|S4+ is unable to properly parse a .daz file, while the same file still loads successfully in the last few versions of D|S3. DAZ knows about the problem, and always says the only solution is to re-load the original Poser files. Erm... :-/

edited December 1969

Those dud files would be .daz scenes, I assume? There's a known-about-for-years problem where D|S4+ is unable to properly parse a .daz file, while the same file still loads successfully in the last few versions of D|S3. DAZ knows about the problem, and always says the only solution is to re-load the original Poser files. Erm... :-/

LOL,you're right, not terribly helpful of Daz in this case :) It's weird because the Dress Shirt for M4 loads fine, drapes fine, while the Nun's Habit, which is on the exact same page of Martin's store, and would have been released around the same time, does not.