Amazing Skins For Genesis 2 Females and For Genesis 2 Males [Commercial]

Comments

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited September 2014

Ziva Amazing Skins Adjustments I made.
    Now I know I messed with just about all the color boxes, and quite a few sliders. So I'm just going to screen-cap the arias I know I was fussing with. The sliders past that last one I know I didn't change, 1x1 tiling, Aiko6 UV, etc.

ZivaSettings02004.png
    1600 x 980 - 114K
    Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,678
    edited December 1969

Can there be something like this for poser?

• V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,049
    edited December 1969

I took one day to have a look at the poser version while making the DAZ one. The short answer is : I'm not presently able to do the same, and I'm not sure it is possible, it may be but then it would require python scripts (and I still lack of time to learn python).
    Why?
    - First thing is related to the brick network. I requires to be able to un-combine in HSV, modify and then recombine from HSV to RBG at different levels the colors properties. The second element cause an issue for now because the dials have a limitation and I would have to remove this limits (I come back at the end in the normal color limits). Plus I have not found the third element included (HSV to RGB combination) so it should be created, I'm not sure it is possible, I'm not sure it is not possible.
    - Second point is related to the way materials apply in poser. If a material was made for one figure (one texture set) there is no way to make it in "a normal way" applicable to any other G2 figure independently from the texture map of the figure you apply it on.
    When you save a material in poser, it includes the image maps of the texture maps. Let's say you make the material using V6 maps : If you want to apply to Aiko, it will necessarily apply to Aiko the V6 maps.
    Because in DAZ is it possible to say exactly which maps and parameters will be changed and which one will be kept as they initially are, in poser, this is not possible, poser needs the map, if no map is defined in poser, the node will be filled by empty, if no map is defined in DAZ, DAZ will keep the initial map of the figure. Now there may be some scripts to do that, but it would be to long, hard to learn and adapt them, and I am even not sure I would be able to have it working at the end...

These are the base reasons why there is presently no poser version of that and that I don't plan that in the short term.

@Zarcon : Wow! Well done! All these parameters! Now when I see your image, I feel like renaming the product "the skin factory"... Now when I see people like you playing like that with all the dials, well it is a great reward for me to see that Amazing Skins has become a new playground for a lot of its users. It contributes to give a sense to all I'm doing in 3D.

edited December 1969

Amazing Skins vs any other name, Honestly I don't think I would have been so receptive to the product otherwise. I did notice that during my overwhelming excitement over this product, A update add-on feature was added to the only other option that finally allowed someone to save the sliders. Save and Share for Skin Builder.

That was one of two reasons I had decided to not consider the other product, it was never made from the word go, to save and load slider settings. I ought right cringed when I had seen that patch release, As I know intimately about reprogramming something to do something it was never intended to do. I think I had my first white hairs before leaving high school because of that project, and well on my way to becoming Gandalf the White, lol. I have retired from that, and have not touched C, Assembly, or UNIX (BSD) in about twenty years now. My number one forte has always been Analog Electronics, and Geology, not programming.

The last thing I tried and failed to do in 1995, was make a simple DOS program in C, to read a text file, calculate the numbers, and spit out a new file with the results. I was unable to convince the thing to access anything on a disk, and gave up. I ended up using a spreadsheet instead, and haven't looked back.

So It just about brings me to tears just thinking of how much work that must be to add a save feature to something. My apologies to Zev0 and DraagonStorm, for going with Amazing Skins instead of Skin Builder Pro.

Amazing Skins works with the figures original map files, and thus needs no extra work manipulating map files in an advanced image editor, just to use the figures eye shadow, makeup, or tattoos.

If you have no intention of using the original figure maps, and want a simple interface to dial in stuff, then “Skin Builder Pro” and “Save and Share for Skin Builder”, is exactly what you want. It comes with four basic maps that you can dial the strengths of to easily make any skin tone you desire. It also includes a set of makeup options so you don’t need to fuss with that in another program (Unless you want to use another figures presets).

Me, I want to make my figures look like the promos for them, and that requires using the original maps for the figure, Amazing Skins has always been exactly what I wanted. Ketch 22, it only works in Daz Studio, for now anyway. Until some one else figures out how to fix that stuff Kadix was talking about with loading and saving Poser surface settings, yes I have an idea on that, no clue how to implement it.

/* Custom External to Poser loading module */
    1 Take Selected surface settings from Poser.
    2 Mix them with the V3D shader stuff. /* copy maps in and color calculation stuff */
    3 Spit the final mix back into Poser, as a complete replacement surface.
    I honestly know nothing about Poser, or how it works, so this simple concept may not be feasible. I don't do programing any more, lol.

edited December 1969

Pleas allow me to paraphrase Bill Oddie, yet again (Truth About Killer Dinosaurs, Velociraptor).
    So what can these bones tell us. Look at these long front limbs. Much like wings, and it's got hollow bones. Only found on dinosaurs and birds. And look, a wishbone, again only on dinosaurs and birds. And look at those feet, what about those feat. There much more like, Talons aren't they... Like you see on a bird of pray, witch is also known as, a Raptor.

So What can the Promo Pictures tell us about Leilani. Look at those palm trees, What do they remind you of. What about them flowers and that sunset. And look at those facial features, the nose. That is not Southeast Asia, that is Hawaii.

Sorry, no Raptor screeching sound effects for this post, lol.

EJ Leilani V3D shader settings.
    For making her look like the Promos, not particularly indigenous to Hawaii.

These settings are for the “Skin”, and then the same settings for “Lips” and “Fingernails”, with one exception for the fingernails.

Hue PreProcess : Add this to Diffuse Hue (247r 234g 243b)
    PostProcess Saturation of Final Color (1.10)
    PostProcess Value of the Final Color Change Intensity (0.95)
    (13) Specular Strength (66.0%), *Keep the Fingernails at 15% Specular Strength.

The “Sheen” color may need to be a tad more red, tho good enough for my needs.

20140907c_AmzSkins02005EjLeilani1005pv3b_sideBySide1.jpg
    2000 x 1300 - 692K
    EjLeilani_vs_Real_Hawaiins_001.jpg
    1169 x 609 - 250K
    edited September 2014

Slight update to the Sheen settings, I didn't touch the top color box after setting it's color, just a few sliders in this screen-cap. Much closer to What EmmaAndJordi intended (Not my initial impression of the promo picks).

EjLeilani_V3D_SheenSettings1lbl1.jpg
    1593 x 762 - 336K
    edited December 1969

Slight update to the Sheen settings, I didn't touch the top color box after setting it's color, just a few sliders in this screen-cap. Much closer to What EmmaAndJordi intended (Not my initial impression of the promo picks).

Sorry for the late answer : Not only I'm sick, but also I'm making some re-topology, and both of that is just killing my nerves (especially topology, it's the third time I restart the topo from scracth already 30 hours on that and it is "perfect "to a certain point and that it... just becomes wrong - Today will be the day I'm manage to do it!!!).
    Well all this drove me so nervous I did not took time to come back here before...

Wow! What a result Sir Zarcondeegrissom! I enjoy that ! Plus now you gave us all the settings :) Hurray!!!!
    I enjoy you show your renders here, because I also discover many artist's skin textures I had not seen before..

For poser, I wonder if there is not a script I could rely on to save only some specific things, "partial settings of partial materials", but I'm not sure at all, and of course lack of time.
    Concerning "the amazing skins - skin builder interaction", I reloaded a scene that I made end of July. Using Amazing Skins over skin builder. And... It loaded fine. Now it calls the images created by builder and which are located in the temp of the application data (I have to remember not to empty that). I wanted to test the recipe procedure, when I suddenly realised that I had forgotten to buy it (I thought I had)... So I cannot tell how it works :(

So I have the feeling you can save your "skin builder + amazing skins" these ways:
    - either as a scene, you're sure that it is going to pick up the image maps in the temp (but make back up of the temp folder just in case).
    - or AS MATERIAL PRESET : save as material presets with amazing skins on it :
    I had a look at how then the material preset is saved: it includes all the layers of images picked in the Zev runtime, and then overlays them with the right settings of overlay, and the ratio of the settings are written in the duf file. And it works. Now I don't know why people told it was not possible to save as material presets or there is something I have not understood... When you reload the material preset it works, it is just long to load because the overlays of skin builder take a bit of time to bake. It is just that afterwards, you have to adjust your skins with amazing skins parameters, and not skin builer ones. One other point is that, YES you can adjust them in the duf file if you saved it not compressed, BUT you have to edit the parameters of the overlays IN the duf. YetI don't know how all that would be handled by recipes.

I have to go to Topogun now, and suddenly, I understand why there is "gun" in the name... You really feel like having a gun to shoot into your computer :)

• icprncssicprncss Posts: 3,694
    edited December 1969

Kadix said:

I took one day to have a look at the poser version while making the DAZ one. The short answer is : I'm not presently able to do the same, and I'm not sure it is possible, it may be but then it would require python scripts (and I still lack of time to learn python).
    Why?
    - First thing is related to the brick network. I requires to be able to un-combine in HSV, modify and then recombine from HSV to RBG at different levels the colors properties. The second element cause an issue for now because the dials have a limitation and I would have to remove this limits (I come back at the end in the normal color limits). Plus I have not found the third element included (HSV to RGB combination) so it should be created, I'm not sure it is possible, I'm not sure it is not possible.
    - Second point is related to the way materials apply in poser. If a material was made for one figure (one texture set) there is no way to make it in "a normal way" applicable to any other G2 figure independently from the texture map of the figure you apply it on.
    When you save a material in poser, it includes the image maps of the texture maps. Let's say you make the material using V6 maps : If you want to apply to Aiko, it will necessarily apply to Aiko the V6 maps.
    Because in DAZ is it possible to say exactly which maps and parameters will be changed and which one will be kept as they initially are, in poser, this is not possible, poser needs the map, if no map is defined in poser, the node will be filled by empty, if no map is defined in DAZ, DAZ will keep the initial map of the figure. Now there may be some scripts to do that, but it would be to long, hard to learn and adapt them, and I am even not sure I would be able to have it working at the end...

These are the base reasons why there is presently no poser version of that and that I don't plan that in the short term.

@Zarcon : Wow! Well done! All these parameters! Now when I see your image, I feel like renaming the product "the skin factory"... Now when I see people like you playing like that with all the dials, well it is a great reward for me to see that Amazing Skins has become a new playground for a lot of its users. It contributes to give a sense to all I'm doing in 3D.

Which version of Poser were you using? SMS made several additions/changes in the material room with Pro 2014. If you have questions about the Poser material room, I recommend contacting Bagginsbill over at Rendo. He's the one person most Poser users go to if they have material room questions.

• 3dTox3dTox Posts: 82
    edited December 1969

Kadix said:
    BUT what amazing cannot absolutely do and builder can, is that in builder for instance, you can to add tan lines, or make up options around the eyes, blush on the cheeks,

This is not entirely true, with a black tan line mask on a white background placed in the color change strength, you can change the skin color in the area not black. This can effectively create tan lines with the right tweaks to the color and strength of the change. The same could be used for makeup using the reverse with the makeup being the white area and the black mask being the unaffected area.
    edited October 2014

Hello y'all. Been exceptional busy with life. Tonight I thought I would fix that Starwars figure nails real quick. If it was a Daz default surface, it would be a no brainier. No Maps, Black Diffuse, white Specular, No gloss, 50% reflection (All ray-trace), and done.

I am having difficulty getting the 'Map' thing to do anything other then a flat gray, no real reflections at all? I can get a dull gloss, just not the high-contrast gloss nail-polish effect with the gloss/sheen alone. I'm missing something exceptional simple here, or I need to change 'Just' the nails back to a simple primitive "Daz Studio Default" Plastic surface shader.

O.K. it's time for a cup of coffee, and to look at the other surface tab categories, or something.

Luminara_d5e99683_logo1a.jpg
    1425 x 1049 - 251K
    FwEveZiva_Nails001.png
    1447 x 695 - 322K
    edited October 2014

I made a simple sphere primitive with the for mentioned surface settings. Then I saved it's surface as a "Shader Preset". I unchecked map and displacement, just so things would still line up, when I did the save. I Then selected 'Just' the fingernail surface, and tried to apply that shader preset, Using the Ctrl-click method.

Success!!!! The black reflective sphere on top of her hand was the Sphere I had used to make the surface shader preset on.
    (EDIT)
    I posted the final render of this scene here in the Star Wars thread.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/689964/
    (Edit 3, reworded to be more helpful to others)
    Just as a recap, Black Diffuse (0r 0g 0b), White Specular (255r 255g 255b), 100% gloss (none), and 50% reflectivity. No maps on the source sphere for the shader preset save.

Fingernail_ShaderApplied_001.png
    559 x 538 - 306K
    edited December 1969

Hi all! I've been very busy modelling all days long, and each night, when I was supposed to come and answer here, I fell asleep before reaching the forums :)
    So I decided to answer in the morning, it is safer !

icprncss said:

Which version of Poser were you using? SMS made several additions/changes in the material room with Pro 2014. If you have questions about the Poser material room, I recommend contacting Bagginsbill over at Rendo. He's the one person most Poser users go to if they have material room questions.

Hi icprncss, I'm having many version all poser above poser 8 : 8, 9, 2012 pro, 2014 pro, and last "pro-gamer"... For creating content well if it is outfits this is limited to 9 and above, and for props it is for 8 and above. One thing I find difficult with poser is that materials will react differently in poser 8 and 2012 pro for instance, especially when reflection is involved. As well as bump, disp and normal behaviour.
    I'm having a look at each new poser version especially in the material room, and I'm still waiting for the update allowing partial material save, meaning allowing to save only one property of one given material, and not regarding the rest. For now we can chose to save some of the objects surfaces, but it is not enough. I thank you a lot for recommending me Bagginsbill, in general it is not easy to find someone who can help you on very precise things on a subject. I keep preciously his name, for now I'm stuck in 3D modelling/texturing, I must have spent too much time in the shader mixer, it is hard to come back to "real 3D"...

3dTox said:

This is not entirely true, with a black tan line mask on a white background placed in the color change strength, you can change the skin color in the area not black. This can effectively create tan lines with the right tweaks to the color and strength of the change. The same could be used for makeup using the reverse with the makeup being the white area and the black mask being the unaffected area.

I had even not thought about that!!!... Yes I think it may be possible then. But probably not as flexible as it would be necessary. I don't know how far it can go, but yes, this is an excellent idea.

I've gone a bit further in the amazing skins, to create some kind of "Amazing Skins Pro" in order to cover the needs of people like all of you in the forum, who are experimenting very deeply the potential of the Amazing skins.
    I had a look at the possibility to drive with maps "almost" all HSV settings. Almost all, because today everything works (all preprocess and post process can now support a map) at the exception of Hue postprocess, this one I cannot have it mapped, I'm still searching for an issue.
    I'm also searching a way to preview the colors in the viewport without rendering, but all my attempts so far have completely failed.

Hello y'all. Been exceptional busy with life. Tonight I thought I would fix that Starwars figure nails real quick. If it was a Daz default surface, it would be a no brainier. No Maps, Black Diffuse, white Specular, No gloss, 50% reflection (All ray-trace), and done.

I am having difficulty getting the 'Map' thing to do anything other then a flat gray, no real reflections at all? I can get a dull gloss, just not the high-contrast gloss nail-polish effect with the gloss/sheen alone. I'm missing something exceptional simple here, or I need to change 'Just' the nails back to a simple primitive "Daz Studio Default" Plastic surface shader.

O.K. it's time for a cup of coffee, and to look at the other surface tab categories, or something.

I made a simple sphere primitive with the for mentioned surface settings. Then I saved it's surface as a "Shader Preset". I unchecked map and displacement, just so things would still line up, when I did the save. I Then selected 'Just' the fingernail surface, and tried to apply that shader preset, Using the Ctrl-click method.

Success!!!! The black reflective sphere on top of her hand was the Sphere I had used to make the surface shader preset on.
    (EDIT)
    I posted the final render of this scene here in the Star Wars thread.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/689964/
    (Edit 3, reworded to be more helpful to others)
    Just as a recap, Black Diffuse (0r 0g 0b), White Specular (255r 255g 255b), 100% gloss (none), and 50% reflectivity. No maps on the source sphere for the shader preset save.

I see what is happening : I excluded ray tracing from skins, since it had no sense for skin. Yet I kept the ray tracing for special parts such as for instance irises. So to solve your problem, there are several solutions :
    1. Go for another shader you know well, just as what you finally did, and apply it on nails.
    2. Apply on the nails the Shader I developed for irises (it is included in the shader parts of the product). The benefit is that you still have HSV drivers, and that this one include a "3 types of reflections" in the "reflection" part of it :
    you define separately environment map reflection, direct UV map reflection, and ray tracing reflection, they just all add (if you don't want one or several of the reflections, just set the corresponding strength to zero). Then, still in reflection; you define the strength of "apply reflection (R1 + R2 +R3). And this is done.

One more thing that I wanted to mention, is that, if you start from a dark diffuse, you have a way to have bright specular (not reflection, but specular only - no mirror effect). For this you have to show hidden parameters, write "spec" in the "filter by name" and increase the dial : "Value 2ForSpecVal" this one tells you how much the value of the diffuse color in increased (how much the diffuse is brightened) before it is sent as the specular color , you can also then increase specular strength. Shapes can be tweaked using the "Highlight larger" parameters, and color using the adjust specular tints elements.

Thanks for all these questions and feedback, because it allows me to see what can be improved in the Amazing skins.
    Well that's all, I have to go back modelling now! But to end, just to images showing the principle of having either ray traced reflections on nails by swapping to iris shader, or having just stronger specular out of a dark diffuse (not limited to nails, works also when you want a dark figure out a clear one).

Cheers!

SyntheseClearSpecOutOfDarkDiffuse.jpg
    1857 x 1929 - 557K
    SyntheseHowToGetRayTracingOnNAils.jpg
    1342 x 1540 - 518K
    edited December 1969

Just to mention that I'm opening a new topic dedicated to "Amazing Skins For Lilith 6".
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/47365/
    It is based on the same material but consists in presets for Lilith 6, including normal and special skins, of course you can load presets on other G2 figures.

The main topic concerning Amazing Skins remain this one :)

edited December 1969

Thanks so much Kadix. I have not forgotten this thread, I've been migrating content to new bigger heard drives, and trying to find and fix missing stuff. Like the color presets for the color-neutral outfits used here, lol.

I do have the Lilith Pro pack, so I will at least be able to follow you there. "Letizia for Lilith 6" is extremely sensitive to light levels, so a very good topic.

edited December 1969

Ha! Hard Drives!!! When I create content I can go up to 50 go per day of various files... Why are hard drives so small?

For the Lilith Skin, the Lilith default skin maps will be automatically applied.

Except if you CRTL+click and choose to ignore maps, in this case all the parameters (including the UV set used) will be passed to the new figure, except the maps.

So if Letizia interests you, you can just load Letizia and apply one of the Lilith Amazing Preset using "CRTL (for PC) + click" and then "ignore maps" options. In general it is better to start from AoA Letizia material because HSS has some unique displacement inactive features which can induce offset issue (solvable of course).

I cannot resist showing you the tests I'm made while answering :
    first one is the Dark Maul test : overlay a black pattern directly on the diffuse map.
    Second one is the same thing with Letizia skins.
    Render time 24 seconds each (ok they are small)

Cheers!!! I'm waiting to see the mistress of Dark Maul :)

Letizia1RenderTime24Seconds.png
    600 x 600 - 440K
    Overlay1RenderTime24Seconds.png
    600 x 600 - 440K
    edited October 2014

Nice, that skin tone is perfect. I may have some ideas about horn props and outfits, thanks to DES Evalle Bundle. A lilith 6 add on of all things.

As a preliminary thought. The Kiriko Outfit shoes and stockings, are stock colors with no alterations. The "Heroine Fantasy Armour" armbands with the DG shader essential cloth, just is not cutting it. I need another set of armbands, and all I have is gloves, hmmm. The DG shader cloth works perfectly, it's the shape of the armbands that is off.

The horns, look promising as independent props parented to the head. I just need to change the color, copy them, and move them around a tad, lol.
    (EDIT)
    "O" the texture on the Evalle dress is also stock.

DES_Evalle_test01004.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 283K
  • Gothic ShadowGothic Shadow Posts: 35
    edited December 1969

I wanted to share my work I did with amazing skins. I did some editing to get the nail polish to shine. I also did some editing to change the color of the nails to be more what color I was looking for. I also changed the color of the lips. I hope you like what I was able to pull with amazing skins with this render.

The_dark_assassin.png
    1200 x 1598 - 2M
    edited December 1969

Nice work Incy. She reminds me of a few different characters from a few different shows (Alien Resurrection android Winona Ryder as Annalee Call, Farscape Gigi Edgley as Chiana, etc).

This just kind of cropped up as I was locating various environments and set pieces that are not in the Smart tab by default. Left is Lucem Signifer, amazing skins and all. Right is a former attempt of morphing the stock Wachiwi figure, No Amazing skins... yet. Stock Fiery Genesis light set, shadows all on ray-trace not maps.

Time to install the Lilith 6 Amazing Skins pack, and give them someone to be gawking at, lol.

FireDeck001012cam2_mq001.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 1M
    edited December 1969

That worked far better then I expected for a quick toss together set of Daz Studio Primitive cones. The looks Is purely the DG Shader Essentials, as in the Screen-cap (DG Rough Stone 1). No alterations at all to the shader settings. I expected to have to go into MS paint, and make a costume map for the cones.
    http://www.daz3d.com/dg-shader-essentials
    Thanks so much DestinysGarden, now I can focus on that red skin.

DarthMaul_Horns01001a.png
    1176 x 378 - 46K
    DarthMaul_Horns01000a.png
    1007 x 367 - 127K
    DarthMaul_Horns01001c.png
    1179 x 436 - 146K
    DarthMaulHorns01001.jpg
    800 x 600 - 204K
    edited October 2014

Honestly, I'm not much of a Star Wars fan, in that I've only seen the latest vids once, and only the first season of the cartoon. I did watch the first three (Episode 4-6) before DVD many times as a kid, as my parents were fans. I'm learning quite a lot from this. My attempt to cloth G2F-Maul looks more like Asajj Ventress then Darth Maul, lol.

She still looks quite Evil, Almost Shadow like. Extensive use of the Fisty Phoebe shaders on the outfit. I'm using the Lilith 6 Amazing Skins shader on Evella as a start before color adjustments. I'll use the top box for the face tattoos possibly, I haven’t gotten that far yet.
    (EDIT)
    Ignore the square effect on the neck, It is not the Fisty shaders. It is a bad Overhead Glow light. I'll fix this by removing the "Surfer Guy Lights" "light - Overhead Glow" in the future. I will look for other options in my thread in the "Art Studio" section of the forum.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/695791/

EvalleMaul_01008pv1_001.jpg
    1600 x 1066 - 887K
    edited December 1969

Honestly, I'm not much of a Star Wars fan, in that I've only seen the latest vids once, and only the first season of the cartoon. I did watch the first three (Episode 4-6) before DVD many times as a kid, as my parents were fans. I'm learning quite a lot from this. My attempt to cloth G2F-Maul looks more like Asajj Ventress then Darth Maul, lol.

She still looks quite Evil, Almost Shadow like. Extensive use of the Fisty Phoebe shaders on the outfit. I'm using the Lilith 6 Amazing Skins shader on Evella as a start before color adjustments. I'll use the top box for the face tattoos possibly, I haven’t gotten that far yet.

You do really nice renders. I hope one day I can do better renders. I also hope one day I can learn more about editing and such. I will say that I use to do custom shapes in second life. (A lot of work needs to be done to copy a shape from a photo that was given to you.)

I want to tell you that Darth Maul's race is the Zabrak. I know a good deal about the Star Wars lore. I do not know everything even though I watched all the movies. Anyway I thought I should give you some information.

Do you have any tips I can do to improve my renders?

edited October 2014

Hi Incy and Zarcondeegrissom

Hehe! I was a huge fan of star wars, but the "old" ones, (4, 5 ,6). The new ones, I'm not sure I saw them all. Or maybe not in the right order?!

I'm very happy of what I'm seeing here. I'm really interested by the creations you're doing, this is such a pleasure to see all the render and creation process steps. And all this boosts me for accelerating a bit more my work.
    I've been sick for several days now, with fever, muscle pains and NO this is not ebola (well, .... I .... really... hope), which makes me totally inefficient at what I'm doing... Including answering on the forums. But this is really great what I see here. I would even say ..."amazing".
    I have to go now I'm going to "pretend" working.

Zarcondeegrissom : I was 100% sure I would see head spikes with primitives! So fun!

Incy : lights and camera frame are two key factors you have to most freedom on, as a user to improve your render. But lights are so important. Dare to try different lights, such as AoA and Uber environments (or even the lights included in the amazing skins for genesis 2). You can see my last DS renders using Uber lights in ambient occlusion with HDRI included in, and this makes a huge difference with "classical" DS lights. I used them for instance, with a few accent lights, on http://v3digitimes.deviantart.com/art/The-Huntress-480264512 or http://v3digitimes.deviantart.com/art/The-Raider-481289975
    But at the beginning it may take a few tries to find a right balance of the whole scene, but then once you have done this once or twice this is fine.

Post edited by V3Digitimes on
    edited October 2014

I didn't even get to see all of the 2k year versions, as it was over someone Else's house years ago. I'm seeing scenes online in my searches for accurate references, that I don't recall watching. Next month I'll get my own copy of the DVD's so I can watch them all again without distractions, and people talking over the dialog of the movies, lol.

"O" agreed on the lights, That is just my version of the Matrix "Construct" of sorts. It's plane white light to give me an idea of the skin/object surface colors as I make things. With actual scenes, yes play with the lights. Even mix and merge parts of different light presets.

My "Construct" (BigBox) uses three over-sized Uber Panels for the over all lighting with 25% UE2, and as many DZ spot lights as I need for what I'm working on. Usually starting with a sun light above, a key light behind the camera, and a halo effect light in a back corner.

For actual scenes, I will use any light (presets and individual) combination, that look good for the environment/scene I'm working with.

(EDIT: I just figured out a cool trick to change the shape of the horns, and am redoing the shape of them now. In the words of Zathras, "Delicate, careful work".)

I just watched "Skin Matching Principle Using Amazing Skins".
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSAc0c5c9kI
    My color sampling method was quite different, tho same results I guess. In that module-plug-thing window (spaghetti mess), that one unit your getting the diffuse color from, is that after adding the backing color value in that box?

For example Watchiwi has backing colors for the maps, where Olympia 6 dose not use them. For such situations, I think using the rendered color captures would be impotent, rather then just using the diffuse map image file colors. Dose that "module-plug-thing window" take that into account?

(Edit2) Added a mirror-ball render of the BigBox showing where the lights are.

Zdg_BigBox_09UE005.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 444K
    O6_vs_FwsaWachiwi_001_Lbl1.png
    1400 x 952 - 76K
  • SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629
    edited December 1969

I wanted to add to the thread how much I love these products. I use them in basically every render now. I loooove the presets for changing the gloss, etc. with a click, and it's very easy to make my own presets for different skin textures for quick loading (a godsend when updating M4/V4 skins with no original DS shaders). An outstanding and very easy to use set!

edited December 1969

My apologies for my absence, had to be with family as of late. It did not escape my attention that a new addition to the Amazing Skins collection was added this past month. Amazing Skins For Mei Lin 6.
    http://www.daz3d.com/amazing-skins-for-mei-lin-6

I just placed the order, although there was a slight web-page glitch returning to the daz3d store (Gateway error). The receipts from both places (PayPal and Daz3d) are in my e-mail, so hopefully all is well. So what am I thinking with Amazing Skins For Mei Lin 6. No not "Ayu" (Ayumi Hamasaki).

"O" no I am not going there, yes I am. Sharon Sebastian Apple (which one). All that's missing is the YF-19, lol.

SSA_ByYourSide_LLNLvsSandiaNL_mix_WallSmall002.jpg
    800 x 600 - 324K
    edited December 1969

Kadix What was that update for Genesis 2 Males about?

edited December 1969

I wanted to add to the thread how much I love these products. I use them in basically every render now. I loooove the presets for changing the gloss, etc. with a click, and it's very easy to make my own presets for different skin textures for quick loading (a godsend when updating M4/V4 skins with no original DS shaders). An outstanding and very easy to use set!

Thank you so much ! And thanks also for sharing (as Vwrangler does too) your presets on Deviant Art.
    I'll try to make in the first post of the thread the list of shared presets, I just lack of time right now.. As usually.

My apologies for my absence, had to be with family as of late. It did not escape my attention that a new addition to the Amazing Skins collection was added this past month. Amazing Skins For Mei Lin 6.
    http://www.daz3d.com/amazing-skins-for-mei-lin-6

I just placed the order, although there was a slight web-page glitch returning to the daz3d store (Gateway error). The receipts from both places (PayPal and Daz3d) are in my e-mail, so hopefully all is well. So what am I thinking with Amazing Skins For Mei Lin 6. No not "Ayu" (Ayumi Hamasaki).

"O" no I am not going there, yes I am. Sharon Sebastian Apple (which one). All that's missing is the YF-19, lol.

Beautiful images, really inspiring! I hope you have solved your order issue... I did not not Ayu at all? From what is she taken from?

Ahhh! Sometimes I miss the time when I was only a user and could play messing around with these inspirational things. I'll be happy to see what it gives.

Kadix What was that update for Genesis 2 Males about?

Well I've been surprised too by this update. Not a joke, I discovered it the same day you did.
    I know I have a minor update to make in the male product (remove the line imposing the transparency map to null in the male skin shader version folder 6, you see, nothing to worry about), but I have not taken the time to submit the correction. The most probable thing is that a new product with male preset is about to go out (but I'm not allowed to say more about that), and this is very likely that the metadata of the main product have been updated in order to be coherent with the metadata of the new product. I've asked to my tester this week end, and should soon have an answer about that. But this is very likely this is the metadata structure and not the duf or dsa files themselves. I'll let you know of course.

edited December 1969

I confirm ! This update concerns the metadata, so that all the "Amazing Skins" Products share a coherent metadata structure.

edited November 2014

Since there are like no male renders in here. I wanted to put a male render I did with amazing skins. It is just default skin you get with Genesis 2 male and some random eyes I had. I wanted it to be slightly creepy. With out being to obvious.

Just_relaxing_by_my_bike_nothing_to_see_here.png
    1200 x 1520 - 3M
    Post edited by Gothic Shadow on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,558
    edited December 1969

Nice render incy