The Newest Evolution Is Here: The Daz Season Pass!

1515253545557»

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,559
    edited July 2021

The previously released props and environments is a bit odd. Several of those items are in the 2.99 sale. Why offer such old items?

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

Serene Night said:

The previously released props and environments is a bit odd. Several of those items are in the 2.99 sale. Why offer such old items?

Why not, when some people seem to be ready to pay a shipload of money for them? devil

For me, it's great that DAZ finds ever more imaginative ways to make sure that they don't get any money from me. Too bad they bring up the occasional item in them $ 1.99 clearance sales that still makes me open my wallet, but at least stuff like this season passes are easy to pass on.

• vagansvagans Posts: 422

I'm amazed they actually made an even worse value Season Pass this time. It might be decent as a beginners bundle for the webinars but I can't fathom why anyone who doesn't care about the webinars would buy this? You're paying way more for the content than they're worth.

At least they did away with the ridiculous FOMO Platinum, Gold etc.

• wmiller314wmiller314 Posts: 184

Thank you, Daz, for season pass 2! I really enjoyed the chaos of the first season pass and this one promises to be even more entertaining. I'm gonna go microwave up some popcorn.

• Lyoness said:

I do understand some of your hesitation after season pass #1.  There were several hiccups that killed the joy. I know that is why they went with a smaller package for the season pass this time.
    I can tell you for sure without getting into trouble that Jinx and Wolfgang are not both male. It looks like our theme for the series is going to be PIRATES, so if that doesn't spark joy, this will not be any fun for you.
    I had a lot of fun chatting with you during season pass #1, but I understand if you won't join us for Season Pass #2. I'm hoping that we'll have no hiccups and with some smooth sailing, everyone will be excited for #3.

Thanks :) You do good work... and Season 1 was fun for the interactions with other Season Pass holders for sure.

I think you won a prize during the contests? I'm just going to add my $0.02 here... I didn't take any issue with that, and if I did, I would have said it very clearly at the time :) I don't take issue with judging any of those contests, or who won what prize.
    The contest guidelines are ever ambiguous, and you don't ever know what they actually value in the winning entries.

I wish they'd reconsider the whole "cloak of secrecy" approach to the Daz store and future models, especially around Season Passes. Video game season passes, I tend to get a lot more information and even pictures of what's coming up.

Especially around Pirates... we've had a few bundles of Pirates already, and I think I've only used the Pirate stuff once or twice.
    Plus, the Pirate selection is very limited. Few proper pirate ships, a hodge-podge of costumes and outfits.

No pictures, no promo of what's on tap for Pirates - a genre with rather modest support?

Daz needs to up their game with the Season Pass after Season 1, and I don't think they have demonstrated that they have.

Robert Freise said:

kyoto kid said:

The Blurst of Times said:

jjmainor said:

The Blurst of Times said:

EDIT: You know my talk show is going to be Babylon-5-themed (LOL), which probably means I won't be in the running by default.

Clark era, or post-Clark? laugh

Well, my talk show Fred was in the Centauri Republic, not Earth Alliance... Clark era Fred might've fared better in the Fred contest, I think.

...did he interview Mr. Garibaldi?  

B5 is one of my favorite shows 

Nice pic

Ha, thanks...
    The Fred8.1-Centauri was a happy accident when I decided to put the Naval Uniform on Fred instead of "talk show guy".

I'm not sure I would have done that if not for the Season Pass because Fred, although a very good sculpt, is not my usual kind of character... nor was his bundle something I would have purchased. (i.e. not included in my "2 of 5" assessment).

I did try to look for someone that I could morph into a Narn, but making Narn out of nothing is a little harder than Centauri.
    As amusing as Garibaldi would be, I would have preferred one of the (un)friendly conversations between G'kar and Mollari... but I just didn't have the assets to do justice to a Narn character.

• WolfwoodWolfwood Posts: 675

I have to agree with most. As good as Jay webinars are, at $20 each in advance is a little too much. I also think that tutorials from DAZ should be free or worst case on the PC+ membership as you get more people there. It is supose to be in DAZ interest that people know how to properly interact with your software. Don't get me wrong, i get why PAs charge for tutorials, DAZ is not a PA.

If daz provided a proper manual, then i would understand advaced topics gated behind some paywall.

So 60 for webinars, no discount for PC+. A 125 SP that offers less than the usual 30% discount for PC. So for a PC that is a couple older items that you may already have and two core figures for $40. Each core figure goes for $22 or less on release date for PC members; a lot less after 2 months.

Horrible deal.

Now the contest. It looks open to PC+ members as well. I was wondering, it says "4th+" (with a plus) as in everyone else will get that $10?

Will it require to buy the new pirate stuff? As someone who bought both pirates pro bundles last year i already have a lot of pirate stuff.

• No season pass again for me.  I must already own whatever props are being offered, and only one environment is there to choose from.  Why offer old stuff for this?   I don't get it.  I'll just pick the character or bundle up later.  

• shadowhawk1shadowhawk1 Posts: 2,186

WOW!! Daz didn't learn from one train wreck, so they put another train on the same track and are going to do it again... Where is my popcorn? This is going to be better than watching what passes for TV nowdays. laugh

• ecks201ecks201 Posts: 439

Season Pass 2 is now a huge banner on the main page and "MUCH MORE" is now in bold, block caps.
    I'm thinking that it's not selling well.

The maths just don't add up, that's why it's not selling. As many have said, it's impossible to see the value in what we know about it.
    Daz need to send the next survey to the people who bought SP1 and haven't bought SP2.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

So, of the three environments you get for free with the season pass, I wondered if it's realised that one of them Beneath Fire Mountain The Abyss Fields is actually a texture add on and that you need the original product for it to work. Which doesn't make it a very good incentive to get season pass, if you don't have the original product. Although both it and Strange Cave are PC+ items so are only $2.99 each to buy (for PC+ members), which isn't much of a saving. And Strange Cave is an older poser product that isn't a daz native file, and isn't iray. They are really really odd choices to offer as incentives to buy the new season pass. 

• The Fire Mountain issue was pointed out.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,121

Ironically, if they had followed the exact same blueprint as the first season pass for the second one, I might have been tempted to buy in, since I was apparently the exact target audience for the content released during that period.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,677

Gordig said:

Ironically, if they had followed the exact same blueprint as the first season pass for the second one, I might have been tempted to buy in, since I was apparently the exact target audience for the content released during that period.

Ditto. 

• SeraSera Posts: 1,675
    If you look at the pinned thread, webinar topics include installing content, loading, moving and hiding items, expressions, and "putting it all together." ...
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926

I am curious as to what Season Pass 1 holders got? And the cost? What about Season Pass 2? It seems like DAZ wants customers to gamble buying DAZ Store products from these Season Pass threads in the forums.

• benniewoodellbenniewoodell Posts: 1,900

nonesuch00 said:

I am curious as to what Season Pass 1 holders got? And the cost? What about Season Pass 2? It seems like DAZ wants customers to gamble buying DAZ Store products from these Season Pass threads in the forums.

In season pass 1 we got the character and HD morphs for Brooke, Jaqueline, Jada, Fred, and Jazz, a couple of free items like a dress, a home front yard exterior, and some orc poses, a couple of orange banners for various things, and the one webinar. It was either 125 or 150 bucks, I've pushed that information out of my mind to not kick myself anymore as Jaqueline and Jada were really the only two I would have gotten out of everything. 

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,018
    edited July 2021

nonesuch00 said:

Here's the page for the first season pass to see wat was included: https://www.daz3d.com/season-pass-2021

IIRC the pass was around 150$ for PC members at the begining of the season.

Post edited by Leana on
  • We also got the one webinar with Jay included in Season 1 for that $150.

Brooke? Kind of a different shape, not one that I'd have picked up myself.
    Jacqueline? Generally one that I'd buy without question.
    Jazz? Good face, amazingly plain body. Not sure he's worth it.
    Jada? The other good part of Season 1.
    Fred? Another different/diverse body shape. Not one that I'd buy myself.

2 out of 5 for me, and I thought I did eventually squeeze the worth out of Fred... so maybe 2.5 out of 5.

The one that I question, really, is Jazz. His body shape seemed half-baked at best, almost feeling like a plain unmorphed shape. Brooke and Fred were good, but not my thing. They felt like figures that were added in to fill out space in a roster.

If Season 2 is 2 out of 2 figures (between Wolfgang and Jinx)? Maybe that's worth it in the end? I don't know. Wolfgang looks quite good, but at what cost? (I wonder what the bundle costs for SP2 holders... but you're still paying near (or above) my price point because you spent money on that season pass itself.)

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,767

Season Pass 1 was clearly for those who always buy all core characters anyway. That's not me but it was clear to me who it's for.

Not sure who season pass 2 is for.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926

benniewoodell said:

nonesuch00 said:

In season pass 1 we got the character and HD morphs for Brooke, Jaqueline, Jada, Fred, and Jazz, a couple of free items like a dress, a home front yard exterior, and some orc poses, a couple of orange banners for various things, and the one webinar. It was either 125 or 150 bucks, I've pushed that information out of my mind to not kick myself anymore as Jaqueline and Jada were really the only two I would have gotten out of everything. 

OK, thanks. It was pretty decent if you collect characters but I want to collect nice sets.

• SeraSera Posts: 1,675

Hylas said:

Season Pass 1 was clearly for those who always buy all core characters anyway. That's not me but it was clear to me who it's for.

Not sure who season pass 2 is for.

Absolute newbies. Topics of the webinar start off with installing content. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,133

The ranking was a pain. Some of those things I could have given two hoots for.

And would I do this again, 'NO!'

When asked why, I wrote that there was so much of the negative feedback and ridicule on the forums made me feel awful, about myself and my decision to try it out. 

It looks like you did it again anyway; you have the new pirate flair. I hope this one pleases you more.
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,727

@barbult, Since it was just a character and those tuts by Jay, I was open for it. The one I was able to watch after gave me some pointers and I have the others qued up to watch and the first to re-watch. I need a lot of repetition to learn. And I need a lot of learning. When folks start talking about things they are doing, I often get lost fast. So I need to work on my skills.

But time is limited and I sometimes have to squeeze in something in tiny windows of opportunity. One OS update, one crash, or vet appointments, or an upcoming edit workload can kill it. Or if my eyes decide to get another infection again. And I am also bringing my computers down in the afternoons due to the heat (90 - 100F) for the past few months. So very little time right now.

Wolfgang is great. I like characters that look like people I see on the street. But one render I tried to do of him without HD, in one of the outfits and hair, crashes my system. I am still trying to figure out what is killing it. It says it is over 2.8Gb when the render starts. The laptop can't handle it. 

Mary

• LyonessLyoness Posts: 1,610

ok. this weekend is the first webinar.  I'm very excited.

I'm hoping that Jay has come up with something interesting to go over. Plus, we can all chat with each other!!!

Part 1: Project Workflow and Scene Setup - August 7

Learn how to create a new library for the project, how content is stored, and even how to load, move, and hide the items in your scene. In this tutorial, Jay will plan out the level by picking a set, envisioning the scene, choosing items, discussing basic lighting, and more. These are the building blocks of a great scene!

• robertswwwrobertswww Posts: 763

robertswww said:

It looks like we get a sneak peek of Wolfgang 8.1
    If he's a male pirate is Jinx Jones a female pirate?

Nailed it! Back on July 22nd, I predicted Jinx Jones would be a female pirate...

Jinx Jones: Pirate Princess and the Siren of the Seven Seas
    https://www.daz3d.com/jinx-jones-pirate-princess