Getting objects from Blender to DS

13»

Comments

• millighostmillighost Posts: 261

FYI: i have uploaded a new version that (so far) seems to work in blender 2.93.1 (the only version i tested, i think it should work other contemporary versions, too). It should work like before, no features added or so, just to make it work again with the current blender. 

https://sites.google.com/site/millighostmix/home/export_dsf_prop

• charlescharles Posts: 775

Cool thanks!

Now if there could be an easy export for procedural materials that would be awesome.

• j cadej cade Posts: 2,310

Thank you!

This script has always been super useful

Even just simple stuff like exporting multiple objects at once it is such a timesaver

• PadonePadone Posts: 3,520
    edited August 2021

From what I see it can also export rigged figures from blender to daz with some limitations. That's an amazing feature, thank you @millighost for your nice work.

https://sites.google.com/site/millighostmix/home/export_dsf_prop

edit. @millighost I can help you to convert blender materials to daz studio, specifically I was thinking about a basic principled to uber conversion. That means that if the objects or figures use the principled shader then the daz materials will be similar. Please let me know if you're interested.

I'm the guy behind diffeomorphic materials.

Post edited by Padone on
  • Padone said:

@padone The most bad-ass statement a DS user will ever hear :)

• RL_MediaRL_Media Posts: 339

TheMysteryIsThePoint said:

Padone said:

@padone The most bad-ass statement a DS user will ever hear :)

Truth lol

• I get an error when trying to open the exported .duf file in Daz: "An error occured while reading the file, see the log file for more details." Sadly the log file does not actually provide more details.

I was able to successfully export and open just the rigging on it's own, but when I export both the rigging and the mesh I get that errror. Also, as I can export the mesh as a .obj file, is there a way to apply the rigging to the .obj once in Daz?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,526
    edited September 2021

To my knowledge if DS is giving you an error then there will be entries with "Warning" in front of them in the log. Look for those and see whats causing it and if you don't know post them here.

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • frank0314 said:

To my knowledge if DS is giving you an error then there will be entries with "Warning" in front of them in the log. Look for those and see whats causing it and if you don't know post them here.

When I try to load the file, all it adds to the log is

*** Scene Cleared ***
    Error reading file, see log for more details.

However there are several warnings that seem to occur each time Daz starts up.

WARNING: dzneuraymgr.cpp(307): Iray WARNING - module:category(MDLC:COMPILER):   1.0   MDLC   comp warn : C:\Program Files\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\shaders\iray\daz_3d\irayubermaterial.mdl(422,25): conversion from 'float' to 'color' must be explicit [Three times with different numbers]

WARNING: 3DConnexion Plug-in Error: Could not create Device, CoCreateInstance failed

WARNING: QString::arg: Argument missing: Adds vertices that collide at the beginning of the simulation to the selected mesh vertices, dForce

WARNING: libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile

Does this shine a light on anything?

• Wow!!! All this time...And I didn't even know it existed!!!! I want to test this!!! I have Blender 2.79, and 2.90.

• Just wanna say that this script/addon work perfectly in Blender 2.9.3.4 . It also can import mixamo rig into DAZ as long it vanila mixamo rig . Not use any driver or controllers even from Blender - Mixamo add on .

Sometimes problem happen like Object mesh with mixamo rig doesnt show up in DAZ viewport . My workaround mostly make sure after DL from Mixamo , all material and UV still intact

• juvesatriani said:

Just wanna say that this script/addon work perfectly in Blender 2.9.3.4 . It also can import mixamo rig into DAZ as long it vanila mixamo rig . Not use any driver or controllers even from Blender - Mixamo add on .

Sometimes problem happen like Object mesh with mixamo rig doesnt show up in DAZ viewport . My workaround mostly make sure after DL from Mixamo , all material and UV still intact

Hi, This has happened to me: FBX mixamo loads invisible in daz. There are two things you mention that I couldn't understand, even translating to Portuguese from Brazil (my native language)

Are they:

"as long it vanila mixamo rig...!"

"...After DL from Mixamo..."!

• Also, on another subject: Does anyone know why the new blender versions no longer come with the file format 3D Studio (.3ds) import ? Thank you very much

• jorge dorlando said:

juvesatriani said:

Just wanna say that this script/addon work perfectly in Blender 2.9.3.4 . It also can import mixamo rig into DAZ as long it vanila mixamo rig . Not use any driver or controllers even from Blender - Mixamo add on .

Hi, This has happened to me: FBX mixamo loads invisible in daz. There are two things you mention that I couldn't understand, even translating to Portuguese from Brazil (my native language)

Are they:

Sorry for trouble , English not my first languange . . So Here another explanation 

Vanila Mixamo rig= Default Mixamo rig without any controller ( which mostly added by addons or converter script) 

After DL from Mixamo = After Downloading character animation with SKIN from mixamo =  Check in Blender`s render preview . If you see white model , thats mean you need to retexture again via shader editor . Open the armature, find and  Click on model mesh . Create New Material and load your image textures . Repeat this step if you have more than one mesh parented in armature . Without these steps,  DUF/DSF converter will be failed to get mesh visible in DAZ . Because They have no material or shading information .

After finish just select armature and the mesh in outliner . Then export using DUF/DSF exporter .

NOTE :

Some models have Normal Flipped problem , so make sure you correcting those problem first in Blender before doing Export 

• jorge dorlando said:

Also, on another subject: Does anyone know why the new blender versions no longer come with the file format 3D Studio (.3ds) import ? Thank you very much

I don't know, but there is nothing to stop you from downloading/running whatever version of Blender you like.

• juvesatriani said:

jorge dorlando said:

juvesatriani said:

Are they:

Sorry for trouble , English not my first languange . . So Here another explanation 

Vanila Mixamo rig= Default Mixamo rig without any controller ( which mostly added by addons or converter script) 

After DL from Mixamo = After Downloading character animation with SKIN from mixamo =  Check in Blender`s render preview . If you see white model , thats mean you need to retexture again via shader editor . Open the armature, find and  Click on model mesh . Create New Material and load your image textures . Repeat this step if you have more than one mesh parented in armature . Without these steps,  DUF/DSF converter will be failed to get mesh visible in DAZ . Because They have no material or shading information .

After finish just select armature and the mesh in outliner . Then export using DUF/DSF exporter .

NOTE :

Some models have Normal Flipped problem , so make sure you correcting those problem first in Blender before doing Export 

Wow!! Following your explanation, now it works!! Thanks a lot for the help!!!!! Just the animation didn't cross over to the daz side, but everything else working.

test blender in daz.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 416K
    girl blender in daz 01.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 352K
  • ImagoImago Posts: 4,956

There's a tutorial on how to export rigged chars? I managed to install the plugin in the latest Blender release, I can see the export option but I get some message errors when I try.

I select the char and that I think it's its rigging but nothing, just a error message window in the bottom right of the screen.

• juvesatrianijuvesatriani Posts: 556

it also can export camera with same POV !! Yuhuuu now we can get best of both world 

• Matt_CastleMatt_Castle Posts: 2,412
    edited May 2022

Could the 2.79 version be made available again? I *do* still primarily use 2.79 (too much was moved around in 2.8 for me to get on with it), and the version currently on your site doesn't seem to work with the older Blender version.

Post edited by Matt_Castle on
  • ImagoImago Posts: 4,956

In which version of Blender this can work? I get only python errors when I try to export a simple cube.