Dark Apocalypse: Shrieker [Commercial]

Comments

• IgnisSerpentusIgnisSerpentus Posts: 2,475
    edited December 1969

And while Im at it (i just added those poses to it lol) if anyone is looking for a wiki page, you can find one here:
    http://weblog.damageinc3d.net/Weblog/?p=2463

(I know it comes with a PDF and all, but... for those who haven't purchased it, if they wanna find out more about it)

edited December 1969

Poor Shrieker took a wrong turn somewhere! :ohh:

LOL yah, hes a little blind, so hes been known to get lost once in awhile hehehe Very cute render, hon!!!

• SassyWenchSassyWench Posts: 602
    edited December 1969

Thanks Iggy! :) See.. sometimes he's not so scary after all! LOLOL

edited December 1969

I happen to think hes pretty cute m'self lol

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,814
    edited December 1969

Couldn't resist bwahahahahahaa (Ann is so gonna kill me for this one)

THAT is not right....my um"chest" is far larger then that :P ;) You know Barb you better watch. I still have a certain image I did of you that I could post from way back when ;)

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

I'm gonna vote for MORE CREATURES. 'Cuz clothes are a-plenty, creatures less so. :)

• NeilV_1NeilV_1 Posts: 442
    edited December 1969

Here is a render I did

Shrieker.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 487K
    edited December 1969

NeilV 1 said:
    Here is a render I did

Awesome job Neil! Love the background!

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

Here is a quicky. I removed a lot of things to get this down to something that would render in a realistic amount of time. Here is a modified test frame from a WIP animation that became much better due to the shrieker.

Kendall

render.png
    1024 x 768 - 985K
  • JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,872
    edited December 1969

So many cool renders in here!!! Love the idea of more creatures, too! :)

Still working on mine....

... ;-)

edited December 1969

Aweosme work on your render, Kendall! I love that u gave em wings so they could fly (as if theyre not terrifying enuff - now with wings™)

edited August 2012

Aweosme work on your render, Kendall! I love that u gave em wings so they could fly (as if theyre not terrifying enuff - now with wings™)

These have made the scenes so much more effective! I've modified another scene further in on the timeline so that I could test some things. As with the last scene I've removed a lot of content and SFX to get the render times reasonable. Under normal circumstances, the standalone 64bit Linux 3Delight renderer would consume huge amounts of virtual memory for each frame in this sequence. The RIB files for the full scenes are HUGE, just loading some of the RIB's for editing in 'vi' on a quad core machine can take well over a minute.

Just FYI, Hexxus is also in use in the full sequence.

Please keep in mind that these are very much early WIPs, and there is no postwork at all.

Kendall

puar1.png
    1024 x 768 - 996K
    Post edited by Kendall Sears on
    edited December 1969

Here's a render with the WingedWyrm. His wings are folded.

Kendall

WyrmPosingFolded.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 116K
    edited August 2012

Looks great so far Kendall. Can't wait to see the finished product.

I liked the wings idea so much, I had to try on my own lol Just a quickie tho.

I used Azraella's wings (which, if you are wanting to try this, won't conform - but u can parent them to the Shrieker)

I guess this is an adult with its baby... and when you put it like that, how could anyone say its not cute? lol

TerrorInTheSky.jpg
    1110 x 1309 - 1M
    Post edited by IgnisSerpentus on
  • WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

If it slithers, I want it!!!!

Wishlisted until Payday, which thankfully us TOMORROW!!! :snake:

edited December 1969

LOL And I so love to do things that slither :D

edited August 2012

This critter is unbelievable! Just trying to see if I can't get Alexa to work out some animate sequences for it.

He's just sayin 'Hi!' :-)

Kendall

sayin-hi.jpg
    585 x 628 - 105K
  • WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA I lied, I had money left! Shrieker is downloading NOW!!! :snake:

I feel extra bitey now, w00t! :vampire:

edited December 1969

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA I lied, I had money left! Shrieker is downloading NOW!!! :snake:

I feel extra bitey now, w00t! :vampire:

LOL well hope you will add your render to our army of Shriekers hehehehee

edited August 2012

From the back...

Singing REO:

Time 4 me 2 fly,
    Ohh I gotta set myself free....

:-)

I tried to connect the wings to the soft tissue above their current connection point, but the poke-thru was just too obvious. So I connected them to the back plate. It's not perfect, but it does at least look acceptable.

Kendall

Time4me2fly.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 123K
  • Anime_Otaku102Anime_Otaku102 Posts: 8
    edited December 1969

Is this model only for Studio 4? The textures show up fine if I load the Shrieker in Studio 4, but in Studio 3 (which I'm still using because I hate Studio 4's UI layout) it refuses to apply textures.

edited December 1969

Is this model only for Studio 4? The textures show up fine if I load the Shrieker in Studio 4, but in Studio 3 (which I'm still using because I hate Studio 4's UI layout) it refuses to apply textures.

Works fine for me in DS3.

Kendall

Screenshot-50.png
    800 x 627 - 176K
    edited August 2012

It will work in Studio 3, but you need to have the Elite Human Surface Shader installed (because the MATs have SSS) --- http://www.daz3d.com/shop/elite-human-surface-shader/

Post edited by IgnisSerpentus on
    edited December 1969

Hmm, strange, I have the EHSS from the Stephanie 4 Elite bundle, which I assumed was the same thing, but could never get it to work properly. Looks like I'll have to poke Studio 3 a little more.

edited December 1969

Hmm, strange, I have the EHSS from the Stephanie 4 Elite bundle, which I assumed was the same thing, but could never get it to work properly. Looks like I'll have to poke Studio 3 a little more.

Yeah, Ive encountered similar experiences with alpha testing and certain plugins. Like once, a Dreamlight thing had disabled another plugin from working (I guess due to a conflict with the scripting) So that's a possible avenue to look at.

If you cant get it to work tho, give me a shout... Ill make you some mats that don't require it. They won't have SSS, but, all the shineys in the world are useless if it wont render lol

edited August 2012

Yeah, Ive encountered similar experiences with alpha testing and certain plugins. Like once, a Dreamlight thing had disabled another plugin from working (I guess due to a conflict with the scripting) So that's a possible avenue to look at.

If you cant get it to work tho, give me a shout... Ill make you some mats that don't require it. They won't have SSS, but, all the shineys in the world are useless if it wont render lol

Whew, thankfully it won't have to come to that. I hadn't updated Studio 3 since 3.1.2.24, saw in another post that 3.1.2.32 has EHSS built in, and happened to have the installer for that languishing around (tend not to bother updating unless I actually encounter a problem, but keep the installers handy just in case). Updating did the trick, and now I have a fully skinned Shrieker in my rendering window! Thanks for the help :D

Edit: and for some reason the standard smiley looks like I'm rolling my eyes.

Post edited by Anime_Otaku102 on
    edited December 1969

Whew, thankfully it won't have to come to that. I hadn't updated Studio 3 since 3.1.2.24, saw in another post that 3.1.2.32 has EHSS built in, and happened to have the installer for that languishing around (tend not to bother updating unless I actually encounter a problem, but keep the installers handy just in case). Updating did the trick, and now I have a fully skinned Shrieker in my rendering window! Thanks for the help :D

Edit: and for some reason the standard smiley looks like I'm rolling my eyes.

Awesome!!! Im glad you got it working :) And LOL yah, the new smilies take a little getting used to for sure

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Since everyone is doing renders, I decided to do something different. Sure, there's a render... but if you play D&D3;.5e, this one should work out nicely for ya. OGL, go nuts, use in any way you like.

(FYI, if people want me to monsterify critters for gaming, that's doable, I got 12 years of experience with D&D3;.5e...)

dark_apocalypse_shrieker_worm.jpg
    2000 x 1414 - 437K
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Since everyone is doing renders, I decided to do something different. Sure, there's a render... but if you play D&D3;.5e, this one should work out nicely for ya. OGL, go nuts, use in any way you like.

(FYI, if people want me to monsterify critters for gaming, that's doable, I got 12 years of experience with D&D3;.5e...)

Hey, thats a really cool idea. And yah, right there with ya lol I decided to do something diff, and did an aged parchment page with all its characteristics and anatomy. I even rendered with sketch in poser, so it would look drawn. Its always interesting to do something a little different than a straight up render.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

The last version of DS3 does include HSS in the base isntall, not need to add it separately.

This discussion has been closed.