Daz 3D not working

So Just downloaded the DAZ 4.15, but when I go to open it, I get a message saying it cannot connect to the CMS.  It also tells me to check my network (which is good,) my firewall and anti-virus (which I have on as allow apps.)  I even tried to login to DAZ through the Studio, and I get the same message again.  What am I doing wrong and could you please help me with this?

Comments

• Messages I am recieving.

Message when launching DAZ3D:
    A valid PostgreSQL CMS connection could not be established.  Several DAZ Studio feeatures that require a valid PostgreSQL CMS connection, such as context aware content views and loading content installed using DAZ connect service, will not be available.  Check your network, firewall, and anti-virus settings for conflicts.

Message when I try to login:
    Connecting to DAZ 3D requires a valid connection to a PostgreSQL CMS database. A database connection could not be established.  Check for the following potential causes:
     PostgreSQL application files are not instaled, or not installed correctly.
     Anti-virus has quarantined  PostgreSQL application files.
     Firewall software/hardware is blocking the connection to PostgreSQL CMS.
     The Current user does not have permission to execute PostgreSQL application files.

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,009
    edited June 2021

borgking001a said:

So Just downloaded the DAZ 4.15, but when I go to open it, I get a message saying it cannot connect to the CMS.  It also tells me to check my network (which is good,) my firewall and anti-virus (which I have on as allow apps.)  I even tried to login to DAZ through the Studio, and I get the same message again.  What am I doing wrong and could you please help me with this?

I don't log in via D/S however I know this address has to be correct for the connection to work.

In Daz Studio:

make sure this address is correct.png
    617 x 575 - 20K
    Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • Thank you, that did work!!  for some reason it was in my roaming app folder.

borgking001a said:

Thank you, that did work!!  for some reason it was in my roaming app folder.

Wonderful!  yes

• Is there a reason I have to reinstall all my product on to 4.15, is there a way to auto-import them from My Library folder?

As installing a program does not affect the content, it should be wherever you saved it to in the first place. If the pathways telling D/S where to look for content are set properly then it should be finding it. [Content manager/director from the hamburger menu on the Content Tab]

That being said, apparently there's something of a confusion with regards to installations being made via DIM and Daz Connect so if you used one of those methods then somebody else has to guide you through the process.

• Hamburger menu?  I have no idea what that means.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,129
    edited June 2021

This thing at the top corner:

Capture.JPG
    692 x 340 - 47K
    Post edited by MelanieL on
  • Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

Just a sidenote. Daz 3D is the company name. The program is Studio, so Daz Studio. It will help make things clearer if you use that when making thread titles, etc, so people know the topic when looking in the forums.

Good catch! Yes, 'cause the company is working just fine lol ...