New install

I wanted to take a minute and get some input from some of you who have used this program longer than me right now I'm getting error messages telling me that I have multiple instances of assets installed and it is on some of the Genesis 3 morphs which I have it wasn't a problem at first but now some of my sliders are not working correctly so I plan on completely redoing my setup and starting from scratch is there a way to download all of my files from Daz website manually without having to do it one at a time and also if I just use Daz install manager without the other parts of it and I also use another program called Daz installer well that cut down on some of my problems so that I don't have multiple installations again at this particular time on my main computer the install manager doesn't even work properly it says it installs it but when I go to use it it's not there I have to manually put it in any help on this would be fantastic if you need any more input please let me know thank you ahead of time.

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,471

csbond2 said:

I wanted to take a minute and get some input from some of you who have used this program longer than me right now I'm getting error messages telling me that I have multiple instances of assets installed and it is on some of the Genesis 3 morphs which I have it wasn't a problem at first but now some of my sliders are not working correctly so I plan on completely redoing my setup and starting from scratch is there a way to download all of my files from Daz website manually without having to do it one at a time and also if I just use Daz install manager without the other parts of it and I also use another program called Daz installer well that cut down on some of my problems so that I don't have multiple installations again at this particular time on my main computer the install manager doesn't even work properly it says it installs it but when I go to use it it's not there I have to manually put it in any help on this would be fantastic if you need any more input please let me know thank you ahead of time.

What is the error message exactly? 

• csbond2csbond2 Posts: 46
    PerttiA said:

csbond2 said:

What is the error message exactly? 

Give me a minute and I'll give you a screenshot I'm firing everything up right now so I can get it to do that

This is the error message and the sliders that are not working properly they should have a red hew and they now have a number 2 in front that should not be there.

Screenshot 2021-06-08 134207.png
    2521 x 1402 - 313K
    Screenshot 2021-05-07 083947_LI.jpg
    312 x 144 - 71K

That doesn't necessarily mean that you have installed something twice and if it doesn't, reinstalling everything doesn't help because then you have two products that have used the same names and id's.
    Even if you have installed something twice, reinstalling everything is way too drastic and quite often leads to other problems.

The trick is to find which products, the log (Help->Troubleshooting->View Log File) will give you the name of one of the products.

When you open DS, clear the scene of everything, open the log and delete everything on it, close it and let it save - Now load the "Genesis 3 Female", the base figure that you find in ...\People\Genesis 3 Female\
    When the figure has loaded, open the log again and save it somewhere you can easily find.

Attach the log to your post with "Attach a file" that you see above "Post Comment" button, and let us have a look.

I think this is what you are looking for.

txt
    txt
    log.txt
    edited June 2021

"Duplicate formula found linking Ying Body & Ying Tai Apply in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 3/Female/Morphs/redz/ying tai/Ying Tai Apply.dsf."
    Sounds like "Ying Tai" has a problem with herself... Unless you also have a character called "Ying" - Fix; uninstall "Ying Tai"

"Duplicate formula found linking PBMNavel & KyndelHead in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 3/Female/Morphs/hotlilme74/kyndel/KyndelHead.dsf"
    Kyndel is in conflict with "PBMNavel" - Fix; uninstall "Kyndel"

"Duplicate formula found linking G2F_MCMPBMPregnantFwd & G2F_PBMPregnant in /data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 3/Female/Morphs/D3D Gen X/Genesis 2
    Female/G2F_MCMPBMPregnantFwd.dsf."

Have you converted G2F figures to G3F?
    I would remove them, as they are creating problems (remove everything inside the folder "...\D3D Gen X\...")

": Syntax error - expected '{' or '['"
    These you should download again and reinstall, the decoding of the files has been botched by the installer you have used - Which method
    of installing did you use?
    (DIM/DAZ Central/DAZ Connect (inside DS)/Manual installation)

When you have removed "Ying Tai" and "Kyndel", re-downloaded the ones with "Syntax error" and re-installed them (the syntax error ones), you should get far shorter list to continue.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    Thanks for the input I will work on these over the course of the next day or two and see if I can get them corrected I have any more questions I'll repost here.
  • RedzRedz Posts: 1,459

YingTai is a character from Renderosity. I'm pretty sure she had an update to fix the duplicate formula errors a couple of years ago, so you might want to redownload the files from Renderosity to fix those particular errors.