Blade Hand Poses and Props for Genesis 8 - Not working for Me.

GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,481

Has anyone been able to get [Blade Hand Poses and Props for Genesis 8] this product to work? I've read the intended method of usage on the page description and installed it 3 different ways. 

I've included the error message and logfile.

Any recommendations?

Edited for Please put your question in the post body and the title - Daz 3D Forums

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,849

There are a couple of errors from hierarchical presets - it says no root found, which sounds as if you were trying to use it on an unparented prop when it requires a prop parented to the correct figure.

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,481

I loaded the dev version of Genesios 8 male only. Also tried it with the standard version.

None of the scripts worked. The log file has a lot of stuff in it which refers to Facegen I noticed as well but this vexes me

and the blade was parented to the Genesis 8 Male (hand, I expect)?

I had a friend try this and he had the same experience. Could it be a bad installer?

Regards,

Brent

Greybro said:

I had a friend try this and he had the same experience. Could it be a bad installer?

Regards,

Brent

Could be a product issue, it's certainly palusible enough to warrant a ticket I think.

I opened a ticket.

Richard Haseltine said:

I did try that but the instructions make it seem like that is not required.
    edited May 2021

Greybro said:

Richard Haseltine said:

I did try that but the instructions make it seem like that is not required.

The error message in the log says it is looking for a hierarchy, so it's certainly expecting the item(s) to be parented to a figure (presumably Genesis 8 male or a bone thereof). The type tag (at top-right of the thumbnail) probably (should) start with H. for hierarchical

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

The video that support sent me just shows him hitting the script with Genesis 8 selected and the prop loads in. Then he just hits the pose and it moves it(the prop) to the hand and poses the hand. So, on my end for whatever reason, it is not working as intended. Unfortunately when I try to respond to the ticket, it puts me into an infinite login loop on the support page. There is only so much time I am willing to spend trying to get a $5 product to actually work.