Amazing Skins For Genesis 2 Females and For Genesis 2 Males [Commercial]

Comments

• V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,049
    edited September 2014

Did you try applying the shader to the genitals?

Once or twice, and also on hairy figures, (plus a third this evening to confirm) to check hair behavior and it worked. I guess you may be afraid of hair behaviour, and this will be fine always in the general case (blond or brown). When you go for strong color change, the darker the hair is, the most constant it stays. For blond hair and fantasy hue change, then it changes.

The trick was to multiply things as much as possible so that 0 values (black) remained 0 values (black).

EDIT : of course for Genitals, I applied the shader version of the material BUT once this is done, it can be saved as a material, if you do not want to remake the load again.

Re-edit : here http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/44294/#651523 I explained a bit how I handled the hair and you have illustrations for dark hair.

Post edited by V3Digitimes on
  • JUJUJUJU Posts: 1,120
    edited December 1969

Yes thank you, that way it works. With the shader for skin parts it works. ;) and of course, I do not show here :cheese:

I really like how the skins looks after applied the shader. Thank you very much for this great product!

• TercelTercel Posts: 100
    edited December 1969

This looks fantastic. How long is it on sale for?

edited September 2014

dhtapp said:
    The timing on this release couldn't be more perfect. I've been driving myself nuts trying to figure out how to get a particular unusual skin tone without moving the whole project into MODO. I'll be waiting at the checkout lane with a catcher's mitt when this one lands. :D
    Thanks! Have fun, and share with us any render you feel like :)

Jabba101 said:
    Downloading now... I think this is a "must have" and could see me using this as much as I use Age of Armour's advanced lights etc.

I don't have time to test it right now, but I'm really looking forward to trying it out.

Cheers!

Thanks a lot!
    I must recognise that I am only using this material now :)
    Wow! That make me think of something I did and which you could do (one more video presentation to make).
    - If you browse to your product :
    People/ Genesis 2 (Fe)Male(s) / Materials / Amazing Skins/
    Then you right click on "V3D_Applied_AmazingSkinsG2M (or female)
    Then you choose bottom of the list: create custom action...

It will create a shortcut for you in the "script" part.
    And then you can load it whithout having to browse to it again! Just select your figure, and chose the custom action corresponding to the applier you want, which will apply on it the amazing skins..
    Note it works for every duf or dsa file. (for instance on mine you see my custom actions are a few lights, render presets, and the amazing skins).
    If you are not happy and want to remove custom actions, press F3, this is the first line.

SimonJM said:

Same here! :)

Yes thank you, that way it works. With the shader for skin parts it works. ;) and of course, I do not show here :cheese:

I really like how the skins looks after applied the shader. Thank you very much for this great product!

Thank YOU for you feedback! I hope you'll really enjoy rendering with that. You see, now your scenes are gonna be easier to set up, because of fast preview (you can opt for the "progressive" rendering mode during the scene set-up to go faster, since thanks to the "no freeze" state, you see if you are ok with lights and poses in a few seconds. Creating a scene is then pure pleasure :)
    ... Just remember also you can create custom actions like mention just above, so that you load a G2, apply custom action, and this is done.

Hello

just to say I'm not sure if I will be able to use that shader but I will buy it anyway because you put a lot of time in your answers and explanations here, it was very interesting and useful. Quite impressive.

I may use it to do a better skin for my goblin gal :) http://yupasama.deviantart.com/art/Gobeline-dans-un-palais-462267791

thanks.

Wow! This is really nice to say so. But please, use it!
    Haha, very cute she-gobelin :)
    One thing is that there is no need to panick, there are just several level of use for the products.

But basically it is easy to use for "standard" purpose. For beginners, they can use just one appliers, many presets and even ready to render so that beginners can use it and feel happy to render nice skins.
    And there is the second level for intermediate which will feel like to tuning the color and saturation for instance of the render, just to change a bit the tone or go for deep fantasy, customising the lights sets provided.
    And there is the next level to really tune precisely and exactly all the properties the way they want, on any figure they want. But the base is easy.

In brief you don't HAVE TO to customise it, it has plenty of advantages without that; But you CAN if you want to.

Well if you have questions, you can ask me, and if you prefer French, just PM me in French, parce que ça sera tout de même plus facile pour moi que de répondre dans la langue de Shakespeare :)

This looks fantastic. How long is it on sale for?
    Well.... This I could not tell you, this is something DAZ decides. I guess we also have to see what happens to yesterday products. maybe they'll go from 50 to 30%, or they'll stay 50, I would not be able to say at all, sorry.

createcustom2.jpg
    1356 x 1080 - 392K
    createcustom1.jpg
    741 x 903 - 235K
    edited September 2014

Can't help posting my last render, made with a V4 texture on a G2 female, a some mix of custom morphs.
    (Texture is London from Danae for whose who know).
    DS render, I tweaked the eyes in postwork to give a focus point for our eyes on our eyes in opposition to the bow second focus point (logically it is supposed to drive our eyes diagonally through the image). I added a layer of noise above opacity 10%, since... since adding noise renders more realistic (I'll never understand why!)
    The rest is.. as it is...
    Well just to say it works fine on V4 textures too. I used the Yosemite packs for backgrounds.

Diane-ChasseresseSmall2.jpg
    1450 x 2000 - 1M
  • edited September 2014

Just a heads up I have not been able to get it working with lux."luxrender" specular and reflections do not seem to work? I am not really experienced with Daz especially with Amazing Skins. Just getting the different warm to cooler to normal but no glossiness or reflections. I know it is not listed as supported just wanted to give a heads up to people. They replace standard reflection it seems with a number of reflection options could be the route cause that the lux tool does not support.

Post edited by philb3010_b89f063c53 on
    edited December 1969

Amazing skins is a material for rendering with Daz studio.
    Luxrender is limited in what it is able to catch from daz. It will just catch the image maps and base colors only and calculate that, because Luxrender is not able to catch more informations that the basic DS default material one, and is not flexible enough to grab hue, saturation and value information. Luxrender bases itself on its own system of shader and this is why you cannot transfert specific shader bricks to it.
    Maybe it would be easier for you to understand how bridges to luxrender work and how a shader under daz studio works to see, in general and not only with this material.
    I have to bring my children to school and I'll be back make more clear what happens when you opt for different render engine.

edited December 1969

Kadix said:
    Amazing skins is a material for rendering with Daz studio.
    Luxrender is limited in what it is able to catch from daz. It will just catch the image maps and base colors only and calculate that, because Luxrender is not able to catch more informations that the basic DS default material one, and is not flexible enough to grab hue, saturation and value information. Luxrender bases itself on its own system of shader and this is why you cannot transfert specific shader bricks to it.
    Maybe it would be easier for you to understand how bridges to luxrender work and how a shader under daz studio works to see, in general and not only with this material.
    I have to bring my children to school and I'll be back make more clear what happens when you opt for different render engine.

I'm back! As promised here a little focus on render engines and 3D softwares, which will allow everybody I hope to see better what is in general, not only for amazing skins but DS shaders in general, possible to transfer when swapping renders engines or when just exporting to external softwares. I feel like sharing this with you because it took me a while to understand how everything interacted, and this may be not obvious for people doing it as an hobby to have the time for a deep understanding of all that stuff.

All 3D software come generally with render engines included. For DS studio, this is 3Delight, for Blender, this is blender native or Cycles, for Poser this is Firefly, for Maya and 3DsMax you also can add (amongst others) Mental Ray and Vray (and now or soon RenderMan) - and you also have 3Delight for Maya, for Lightwave there is an excellent included engine too, C4D has an excellent physical render engine, and can also use RenderMan (now or soon) and has bridges to other render engines, Vue from e-on also has an excellent render engine with great light and atmospherics management and pro version have bridges to other softwares. Most of them have bridges to common external render engines. Well, the list is huge, these are just some of the main!

The 3D software will set up your scene, lights, camera properties, and material types, called shaders, and transfer all these information to their internal render engines. As much as they can, they will allow, via bridges to send the scene information to external render engines when they are used.
    You can also export your whole scene to another of these software and then relaod them and readjust or recreate the lights, camera and materials for rendering.

Some stand alone render engines also exist, such as Keyshot, Octane, Luxrender, Maxwell, to cite the most used by DAZ/Poser community.

Now how things work when using the internal render engines provided with softwares?
    What is happening, is that when you set up a scene in a 3D software, and define the lights, camera, and materials in this scene, then everything including the new materials types that you create are totally recognised and well processed by your own software render engine, the one included by default in your own software. 3Delight for DS, Firefly for Poser...
    Here a lot of things are possible, thanks to advanced material definition, often based on node material settings (you connect nodes to each other with specific properties to tell the render engine exactly how it has to process them). The way to define advanced material can be done in Poser in the material room, and in DAZ in the shader mixer, eventually supported by the Shader Builder to introduce brand new functions that 3Delight will be able to recognise. This is why for instance the HSV settings, specular types, scattering properties of amazing skins are perfectly interpreted by 3Delight. This is why for instance many other types of existing shaders for DS will in any case be perfectly fine in DS only.

Whether you start from DAZ or from Poser, you have "Bridges" to external render engines or 3D softwares, allowing you to gain a lot of time by not being force to export your scene, re-import it, re-defining lights and materials properties. Let's take the case of luxrender, for which you have two main bridges to luxrender. You have Luxus and Reality. What are these bridges doing? They will take the lights (when possible), cameras, geometries and material settings of your scene and will "translate" (just like a language translator) all the properties they can to the new render engine that you use. The people who created them made a lot of efforts (congratulations by the way) to minimize the amount of work you have to do to swap to another engine. What is generally done, on the material side, is to pick up as many as possible of the already existing DS material properties and to include them in the properties of Luxrender material. In general it will consist in the diffuse, specular, ambient, opacity, reflection (maybe), bump, displacement, normal, maps with their respective associated colors / strengths.
    They probably (the developers could confirm) rely on the internal names of the DAZ default material sub properties to do so.

For instance it takes the variable called "diffuse map" and place it in the diffuse "slot" of luxrender shader, with the corresponding "diffuse strength" (color), and do the same with all the other identified variables of the DS material. You can eventually rely on pre-made Luxrender shaders directly via the bridges to can adjust the properties which will be applied to your specific surface. (for instance when you chose "glass" shader type in reality).

Now what is happening if the bridges or the render has no existing correspondence? Then the property will just not be transferred, and then Luxrender corresponding property will keep its values applied by default. This is just as if you were trying to translate to another language a word which does not exist on this language.This is why, when you take any specific shader out of the shader mixer, your bridges to external renders will only catch, in general, the image maps and the strengths of them, provided that the DS shader creator has taken care to keep the same internal name. Shader is a render engine specific "language" and is in general dedicated to one type of render engine, with a common base (the images maps and their strengths) which does not include everything.
    This is the reason why, if you decide to swap to luxrender or Octane, there is no really sense to use the amazing skins, since they are made to accelerate DS renders and give more possibilities for skin properties in DS. It keeps the maps, but then a whole bunch of nodes are connected to adjust the skin properties, and the bridges cannot read them. For render engine swapping, just use your DAZ default figures. You can use amazing skins, I mentioned it in the first page of this topic : Nothing will crash, your geometries will be sent, most of your image maps too, BUT you cannot have HSV settings, or none of the special properties since they are not translated by the bridge (and maybe even not existing in the corresponding render engines - not sure of that). The main difference regarding Bridges between my shader and the default one, is that I took the specular color to become the specular strength, so the internal names are swapped for the bridges, and the bridges do not load specular maps anymore, inducing very low specular strength in luxrender for instance.

Now how to do the same color / skin properties management in Octane or Lux?
    You have to develop the same shader for your render engine.
    For colors : well I'm not sure this is possible to do this, what you need to do is to convert your classical colorimetric system and to work in the HSV colorimetric system, on the three coordinates separately, on the different layers of materials, with additions, multiplications and normalisations of the different Hue, saturation and Value influences, and then finally to convert everything back into the colorimetric system used by the camera. I do not know shaders in Lux or Octane doing the primary conversion, but this implies recreating the a Lux or Octane shader specifically in/for the corresponding shader engine.
    For properties, on Lux I would not tell since I have not found any easy interface to create a shader for lux, but for octane I would say you can have a look at my shader network, and try to do the same using Octane Standalone nodes, overlaying with cross influence the diffuse, one classical anistropic BRDF, and 2 layers of SSS with different type, one taking more into account oil/epidermis, the other more dermis level.

And why not rendering in DS directly?
    Many people, including me during 2 years, will swap for other render engines "better than Daz 3Delight". I also thought that 3Delight was not good, until I discovered some renders made out of this engine. Just go on this page and have a look at the gallery on this page : http://www.3delight.com/en/index.php
    The images are just great. I'm now fully aware of the luck that we have to have such a good render engine included in a free software. The question was : why did THEY get such good renders, and why do we not manage to do so?
    The answer is simple : 3Delight is great, but you have to give it the right inputs. What are the right inputs? They are the right lights, the right materials (and eventually the right cameras, but more for special effects, standards camera are generally ok).
    DS default lights are not that bad, but they "lack of information". They lack of ambient, they lack of a "varied" ambient in term of color and intensity, they lack of... of all the things that you can have using the excellent FREE Omnifreaker (included for free in DAZ Studio default content) uber environment and area lights, (with some excellent products based on them made by Dimension Theory), and eventually (but not obligatory) some free HDRI maps available on the net. Using these lights will have drastic improvements in scene rendering, without penalising that much render time once set up correctly. This is the light side. Then you have to have the material side. Daz studio default material is "good for everything". But not excellent for specific things. Does a skin render like a metal? Does a fabric render like a window? No, this is why it is difficult to have very good material properties if you only rely on a single common base for all of that. This is why for months now I'm trying to create more specific DAZ (3Delight) shaders for each categories of material, material by material. Now this is just a beginning, and I'm sure this is possible to render really really fine in DS since the render engine on it own can do so. Which will not I guess prevent me from using from time to time Luxrender and Octane, but I think really DS and 3delight can render perfectly with good light and material definitions.

Well I'm not sure all that is in the right topic, since this is more general stuff about DS interaction with other renders, but I felt like sharing this about "roughly speaking" how your DS data were transferred to external render engines... and how good can 3Delight be.

• edited December 1969

Thanks for the info kinda what I tought 3Delight is a good render for Daz. I like luxrender because it supports OpenCL and network rendering. I hope some day to implement network rendering across multiple nodes. I have a good GPU that my renders benefit from accelerated rendering offered by Lux. The other aspect of Lux is I like realtime shifting of lighting and shading that is allowed under Lux. I have been a fan of Lux for sometime this is the reason why I keep with it. But thanks for the though description of how you came about the design of Amazing Skins.

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited September 2014

lainsd, goblin gal. Nice!

"Critical Equipment" shaders, I didn't even think to try that. Sorry, not even for a Roman Statue, lol. Thanks for covering that, some day I'll fuss with that. With the Olympia Pro, Aiko Pro, and Lilith Pro ""Critical Equipment". I may even try the Dave 5, and Michael 5 sets, tho I know there not G2M. For now I just got the G2F Amazing skins, I'll get G2M version, when I get a G2M Name-6 Pro figure.

AikidogPhil, 3delight on a cluster, yes it can... There are many posts on the 3delight forum covering that. I just don't think the "Light version" included in Daz Studio is complete with the code for it, you'l need to get the full all out 3delight pack from them ($$$$ :ohh:). (EDIT; or DS just lacks the interface controls for it?)

I have a ton to read since my last visit, sorry. I am about to revisit some of the former posted vids, and see If I can turn Fw Eve into a more Luminara Unduli looking figure, at least the race. Just for the fun of it.

Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the info kinda what I tought 3Delight is a good render for Daz. I like luxrender because it supports OpenCL and network rendering. I hope some day to implement network rendering across multiple nodes. I have a good GPU that my renders benefit from accelerated rendering offered by Lux. The other aspect of Lux is I like realtime shifting of lighting and shading that is allowed under Lux. I have been a fan of Lux for sometime this is the reason why I keep with it. But thanks for the though description of how you came about the design of Amazing Skins.

I understand, Lux and Octane are very good. For me rendering in DS is also a matter of gain of time.. and of lazines (because it always took me long to bridge the renders). For networking I'm not aware of that.

lainsd, goblin gal. Nice!

"Critical Equipment" shaders, I didn't even think to try that. Sorry, not even for a Roman Statue, lol. Thanks for covering that, some day I'll fuss with that. With the Olympia Pro, Aiko Pro, and Lilith Pro ""Critical Equipment". I may even try the Dave 5, and Michael 5 sets, tho I know there not G2M. For now I just got the G2F Amazing skins, I'll get G2M version, when I get a G2M Name-6 Pro figure.

AikidogPhil, 3delight on a cluster, yes it can... There are many posts on the 3delight forum covering that. I just don't think the "Light version" included in Daz Studio is complete with the code for it, you'l need to get the full all out 3delight pack from them ($$$$ :ohh:).

I have a ton to read since my last visit, sorry. I am about to revisit some of the former posted vids, and see If I can turn Fw Eve into a more Luminara Unduli looking figure, at least the race. Just for the fun of it.

Is an Luminara Unduli a cousin of this lady?

l3.jpg
    600 x 600 - 114K
    edited September 2014

Kadix said:

Is an Luminara Unduli a cousin of this lady?
    possibly, you beat me to it, lol. The resemblance there is incredible.

I was just thinking a few of my FW Eve renders reminded me of her, after seeing the star wars cartoon. I don't remember what episode it was I had seen, tho it was funny. Luminara Unduli, kind of out-shined the two lead characters, lol. No wonder I cant seam to find a good reference from the movies, lol. Just some promo photos.
    http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Luminara_Unduli
    (edit)
    oops, apparently the face paint I was thinking of, I don't have. FWSA Aiyana, and it's on the lip not the chin, hmmm. I'll give Saiyaness Ziva's tattoos a try, even tho they completely replace FW Eve's skin. I'll need to look at that more, I thought tattoos were supposed to be a separate layer for best results? :coolhmm:

aiyana_popup_6.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 283K
    edited September 2014

Thanks for post #68, about the render engines and 3delight, vs lights, surfaces, and cameras. I had scratched my head many times about the difference between the 3delight site renders, and what I got from DS. Lights, lights, and my being a n00b, kept resulting in plastic looking skin. I admit, I'm still taking the Szark Uber lights class, and that post just shed some light on the topic that I lacked.

Uber panels and tube lights, I think I got, I'm still working on UE2, and the surface shader light tricks. I have posts elsewhere on them, and most importantly, I need to use them more to figure out there quarks.

And I'm resigned to watch all them vids again, as I am NOT Content Library savvy... O.K. I hate the CL when I have no clue where something went, tho it is a curse I live with, lol. :down:
    And then again, CL is being slow to show stuff installed.
    Daz Studio Formats -> My DAZ 3D Library -> People -> Genesis 2 Female -> Materials -> Amazing Skins

AmzSkns_CL_Path1.png
    1430 x 482 - 70K
    edited September 2014

I knew there was a reason for working with a figure resembling Luminara (sort of). The presets in folder "07" tend to wipe out ALL the other skin presets already on the figure, including erasing the tattoos. This is something for loading the V3D_ASKG2_Fskin shader onto the figure and messing with the "Add" colors manually. Kadix has an epic vid that covers the color settings, somewhere in the past few pages.

nothing bad, I'm just fumbling threw this for the first time, lol.

ApplyWithoutRemovingTatoos_001_lbl1crop2.png
    1910 x 980 - 277K
    edited October 2014

After a few minutes of changing colors in boxes, and using that "Spot Render" thing every step to see what was doing what... Not quite as green as the cartoon, however very close to the promo Photos. And this didn't change the tattoo tints that much, tho I have yet to try it with colored tattoos. I guess it depends how the PA applied them to the figure.

hint, I didn't change all of the boxes, just a few of them.

I am impressed. Insanely blue eyes, hmmm.
    (edit)
    I rotated the Level19 set around so it was not blocking some of the "Surfer guy" lights, oops.
    (Edit 2)
    Slight adjustment to the color and intensity slider.
    (EDIT3)
    Her black fingernails are described later on in this thread.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/689894/
    The rest of the stuff follows this post, and on to the next page.

FwEve_ZivaTats_LuminaraColor002c.jpg
    1896 x 1020 - 1M
    FwEve_ZivaTats_LuminaraColor002_settings2.png
    666 x 943 - 60K
    edited September 2014

A tad more info on how I got to that point with the Luminara skin color with similar tats...
    I started with loading the full stock FW Eve figure from the smart tab, and dressed her up with cloths and the hair style "Sparkle Hair".
    http://www.daz3d.com/fw-eve
    http://www.daz3d.com/sparkle-hair

Then using the content library, I loaded the Saiyaness Ziva skin mats and tattoos onto FW Eve.
    http://www.daz3d.com/ziva-for-aiko-6

Then I added the Amazing Skins shader thing, and adjusted the colors to the values in the former post values. The values not shown in the two screen caps were not modified after adding the Ziva tattoo mats.
    (Note)
    The two figures used require Victoria 6, and Aiko 6.

edited September 2014

Wow I just read your progression!

Excellent result! Really close to the original! - better than mine I must admit.

I was really happy to see how easy it was for you to reach the result. Because sometimes as a creator, I tell to myself it is easy to use, but since I have the whole brick network printed in my head, I also wonder if I find it easy because it is easy or because I know and practiced it so much.

And thanks to make me discover ziva for Aiko, I totally missed it the day of the release and it is really beautiful, I put it in my wishlist.

Now I'm sure you feel making plenty of other custom skins :) -well that's the effect it has on me... still today.

All the tutos links are on the first page of the topic. I put plenty videos because there are plenty of things you can do with amazing skins, but finally I wonder if it does not make people afraid regarding the complexity whereas it is finally simple...

Oh, just for my curiosity : did you find it complicated to reach your result Zarcon?

edited September 2014

having watched all the vids once before the release, the complicated bit was my pore memory over what color sliders/boxes did what, and that Content Library path to get to you "Amazing" skins pack.

I tried one of the presets in one of the 1 through 4 folders (don't remember exact one), followed by a test "spot render", and parts of the face was black (I was zoomed in). It might have been level19 set blocking lights, a need to load something from the other three folders, or just my ineptness. I'll try it again on another figure after this quick project.

I'm going to make a crude Lightsaber (close, not exact), and do a proper render before moving on. Working on the Jedi pose now.
    I kind of did some homework this morning after the first post bringing up Luminara. This may take a few hours to complete, thank you so much.
    (edit)
    "O" the other presets work excellent in the "07 Full Materials Presets" path, they just wipe out any third party figure mats with the stock Name-6 mat. So having the other manual adjust option is already quite useful.
    (edit1, as mentioned this ma take a bit, lol)

LuminaraSaberStatus001Crop1r.png
    960 x 688 - 250K
    Luminara_Lightsaber_Prop_Side.jpg
    1300 x 300 - 350K
    edited December 1969

OK ! So with the vids it is pretty simple.... Now I guess I have to find some innocent victims who have not watched the videos and asked the same question to them....
    OMG! Did you use an external software to make the light saber or are they DS primitives??
    Because if someone told me I would see a lightsaber made out of DS primitives I would have never believed him..
    Could you share your final render here? You cannot tease us with all the elements which are in and let us appart of it :)

Another subject now...
    Well I received a question on youtube of something I did not want to mention initially... But I guess I'm gonna have to do it now.
    It was for me a kind of "keep it for later" thing about amazing skins, first because I like to test things deeply before speaking about them, and also because I did not want to confuse people about the amazing things reachable with amazing skins (I wanted first people to see it is flexible and fast just for normal rendering, and then in a second time see all the new opportunities not to mix things in people's head).
    OK, the question was about toony skins or soft skins. It is not basically dedicated to toon skins, yet some of the dials included allow to reach toon effects.

For soft skin : you can try this: put the 2 SSS amounts and also the specular strength to 0, and just adjust eventually in parallel the preprocess (for manging lightness of skin) and post process (for crashing light effects). You can also try a bit to change the min max color clamps.
    For toony skins, it seems better to play with some hidden parameters. I show them in the image bellow. The shaded is initially is not dedicated to toon, well I would say it is dedicated to the contrary, so this will not result in a 100% toon, but you can go closer to toon features trying this.

I hope this may help. Remember toon effects have not been fully tested.

AmazingSkinsInitialtoontests.jpg
    1100 x 850 - 516K
    edited September 2014

I made the thing with cylinders, and a hand full of cones and stretched-cubes, entirely in DS. The graph-paper (quadrille) was made in Windows98-MsPaint, then layered with re-scaled set photos in Gimp. after getting to a 10x10 inch sheet, I put that on a 10inch cube in DS, and started assembling the primitives. I fussed all night with the glow at the end of the beam, before giving up this morning.

You do not have my Jedi Robes in your content library, and now you spilled my coffee on my skirt...lol
    Yes the resemblance to Luminara Unduli is there, this is not Luminara, so I'll call her Lucem Signifer (light bearer), lol.

I loaded a simple blue eye preset (FJ Brisa, Eye10), then removed the Opacity map from the Cornea layer, set the diffuse to blue (0r 0g 255b) Cornea layer, and set the opacity to 40% Cornea layer. There, blue eyes.

Closeup render pending (done)... I forgot the black nails, ugh, lol.
    Yes I am purposely leaving bread crumb trails for my bad memory, and so others can make there own "Mirialan" figures.

FwEveZiva_Lum04007pree3.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    FwEveZiva_Lum04007pree2test1.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    edited December 1969

Wow! What impresses me is how fast you set it all up!
    ... I'm sorry for your coffee
    I really like your image, and I don't know why, it really reminds me of the very old Xbox game KOTOR (one or two). I have the impression that I have already played with this character... You reached your goal!
    Indeed I don't have this suit... I'm interested to know where it comes from... For the boots, I have them in my library since.. It was my first outfit!!!
    One more question, is the light saber effect calculated or postworked?

• Gothic ShadowGothic Shadow Posts: 35
    edited December 1969

I thought I should share one of the photos I took with Daz Studio with amazing skins. It is suppose to be a creepy maybe haunted school. It is not the best but I like what I did with it.

Time_to_explore_the_creapy_school.png
    1280 x 984 - 2M
    edited September 2014

The skirt ant top is from Wilmap G2F collection. The bracers "Heroine Fantasy Armour" (it was close enough), The boots "Military outfits G1" auto-fitted to G2F, and Basic underwear (for safety, lol). "O" the stockings or netting on the legs "Kiriko Outfit".
    http://www.daz3d.com/heroine-fantasy-armour/
    http://www.daz3d.com/genesis-ultimate-military-basic
    http://www.daz3d.com/kiriko-outfit

http://www.sharecg.com/wilmap
    or
    https://www.wilmapsdigitalcreations.co.uk/

The G2F "Pants & Top" top is all stock Wilmap, the G2F "Long Skirt & Top" Long skirt is plane diffuse color with no maps (to much stretching).

The light, well it is three primitive cylinders.
    0.75inch diameter solid beam. Green (0r 255g 0b) Diffuse, Specular, and Ambient. nothing else touched.
    2 inch diameter Shader Builder "Glow" efect, Green (0r 255g 0b) Diffuse, Opacity 100%, Attenuation 2.00.

2.25 diameter Uber area light applied to a primitive cylinder... Opacity Strength 0%, Opacity On, Fantom On, Intensity 100%, Color Green (0r 255g 0b), Samples 128, Falloff Active On, Falloff End 10,000.00. The invisible green light for the rest of the scene.

The end was giving me consistency issues, and I have yet to figure it out. A topic for another thread.
    (EDIT)
    Nice one there Incy, I would love to see the final render if your not done working on that.
    (Edit 2)
    Added a Screen-cap of ALL the Daz Studio Primitives used to make the Lightsaber. That part I am happy with.

LuminaraLightsabor1r.png
    1047 x 573 - 30K
    FwEveZiva_Lum04004SaborEnd.jpg
    1600 x 811 - 556K
    WilmapZDG_combo001lbl1.jpg
    1200 x 600 - 239K
  • JabbaJabba Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Started off as M6, finished up as some sort of disco caveman - he just needs a bottle of beer in his right hand, hehehe...

Disco_Caveman.jpg
    910 x 1500 - 539K
    edited December 1969

@Incy :
    I can tell you that for someone who begins with Daz Studio, this is really good! My first renders were not that good... At all... Thanks for sharing ! I also like the expression of the girl.. Nice use of DOF, plus your pixel samples where enough not to have issue with that. Your shadows are a bit noisy, well either it is a choice, or you just may increase the shadow samples of your render settings to avoid that. But really, if we were not interacting for a few days, I would not have guessed that you discovered DS not a long time ago, congrats!
    If you want to keep it cool, keep it like that, if you wanna go for crappy tension, you can try a few of the classical tricks for that, tilt your camera using the docked view control, lower the global light, and go for a cold light and and greenish one (eventally reddish too). You can also send lights a bit from below.. But I like your render the way it is :)

@ Zarcon : great from you to share all these informations, thanks a lot! The laser beam tip, I'm sure I'll try to make things like that, it is a while I feel like render a scene with a light saber, but did not want to PW it... And now this is possible. Already give me render ideas. Already makes me smile.

@Jabba : Ahahahahahahah!!!! I enjoy!!! The PALEO-DISCO BOY !!! Give me more!!!!
    The real question is : what is the best solution if the guys invite you to dance? Run away? Collapse? Offer an bier instead and then runaway? Or just hope that he will not walk on your feet during the next dance?

• Gothic ShadowGothic Shadow Posts: 35
    edited December 1969

Kadix said:
    @Incy :
    I can tell you that for someone who begins with Daz Studio, this is really good! My first renders were not that good... At all... Thanks for sharing ! I also like the expression of the girl.. Nice use of DOF, plus your pixel samples where enough not to have issue with that. Your shadows are a bit noisy, well either it is a choice, or you just may increase the shadow samples of your render settings to avoid that. But really, if we were not interacting for a few days, I would not have guessed that you discovered DS not a long time ago, congrats!
    If you want to keep it cool, keep it like that, if you wanna go for crappy tension, you can try a few of the classical tricks for that, tilt your camera using the docked view control, lower the global light, and go for a cold light and and greenish one (eventally reddish too). You can also send lights a bit from below.. But I like your render the way it is :)

Thank you. What inspired me in this photo. Was some horror movies where the character has a photo of the place with them in it but it looks normal. As that is the last time you ever hear from them. I could of added some artifacts to the photo to age it a bit but I decided not to add it. The darker shadows I left them like that because it gives a more creepy/mystery vibe. I could of put some random eyes in the back ground as well but over all I liked it as it was. I do seem to not have a handle of making my own lights. So I use presets then I either mix with other presets or move them to where I want. I also change some of the settings of the presets.

I have watched some videos to help me get more information on some things. Some settings and some things I have yet to know or understand yet. I thank you for some of the tips it can help me in future renders.

edited September 2014

Behind every great render is a story.
    Regarding the discussion earlier regarding palm colors vs skin tinting, it is not as bad as we may have made it sound. I hope this render can put most peoples concerns to rest. The only modification to my former settings for Lucem Signifer, was adding a 25% ambient strength (0r 0g 255b) blue Ambient color to her "Cornea" surface layer. A setting that will apparently vary relative to light levels at the eyes.

The skin color on the palms is slightly greener, yet not unrealistically. A good portion of this has to do with the amount of change the original Mats had between the body and the palms.

Incy, well then, I am impressed. I jumped to conclusions that I was unsure of regarding the render, my apologies. I never intended to sound like the render was not a good one, quite the opposite. I would very much like to see more, and a comparison between the original skin color would also be quite helpful. I admit I am guilty of not providing an image of Fw Eve (body shape) and Saiyaness Ziva (skin mat used) to compare to my attempt of a Star Wars Mirialan.

Jabba101, the Disco-man looks cool. It would really be cool to see him, well, in a modest dance pose. "O" out of curiosity, what was the original skin mat used before using Amazing skins?

(edit) added a spot-render of Ziva for comparison. A Work In Progress.

Ziva_SpotRender001.jpg
    521 x 307 - 130K
    FwEveZiva_LucemLightsaber01016cam4_001.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 1M
  • Grafx StudioGrafx Studio Posts: 93
    edited September 2014

Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or I didn't receive the texture maps with the bought program. When I try and use the presets for any given character it asks for a texure map that I can't find. Is it me or am I doing wrong?
    Grafx Studio

Post edited by Grafx Studio on
    edited September 2014

Hi Graphx,
    don't worry, it's just because there are so many things possible is that product that it may not be obvious to know how to start with.
    The full pdf help is here :
    http://docs.daz3d.com/lib/exe/fetch.php/public/read_me/index/19728/19728_amazingskins.pdf
    In first page of this thread you have many videos.
    But I'm gonna make you the short version :)
    - If you are using a Genesis 2 Figure, check if he (she) the base list of figures included : Victoria 6, Victoria 6HD, Stephanie 6, Stephanie 6 HD, Aiko 6, the Girl 6, Gia, Olympia, Olympia HD, Michael 6, Michael 6 HD, Gianni, Gianni HD, Teen Jayden, Lee 6, Lee 6HD.
    Then 2 cases :
    If he or she is in the list then you can load one of the full material preset of folder 7 corresponding to this genesis 2 figure that you own.
    For instance If you are trying to load an Aiko 6 preset and you have not bought Aiko, then yes, the maps will be missing, you will have an error message. But if you have bought Aiko, then it will work, since the maps called are basically the ones you have when you buy Aiko.
    This is just for folder 7 (full presets) and folder 8 (full ready to render) that you will require to own the base figure.

If he or she is NOT in the list then you cannot load one of the full material preset you have to use the main applier of the main folder :
    Load your figure in the scene and select it :
    - Male?
    go to People / Genesis 2 Male / Materials / Amazing Skins /
    double click V3D_APPLIER_AmazingSkinG2M
    - Female ?
    go to People / Genesis 2 Female / Materials / Amazing Skins /
    double click V3D_APPLIER_AmazingSkinG2F

After that, whatever the case you started with, male of female, using the full presets if you own the corresponding Genesis 2 figure, or applying the V3D applier (which changes all your material shaders but keeping the map), you can :
    - just render (of course, add lights for nice rendering, you will fin several nice light in the subfolder "build your scene" of folder 8) OR
    - select all the skin + lips + nails surfaces and tweak the parameters manually OR
    - load sub-properties presets of folder 01 up to 05.

If this is not a genesis 2 figure, but an old generation, you then have to use the shader version, for that you can have a look at the corresponding video of the first page of this topic.

If you have an error message, it must be because you have not bought the figure for which you load a full material preset (for instance loading a material for Gia and you have not bought Gia.).

Hope this helps. For now I had a huge lot of feedback and you are the first mentioning that to me so I'm confident we'll solve that :)

edited December 2014

One goof I did, I inadvertently clicked the Victoria 6 HD preset, not the regular Victoria 6 one. I don't have Victoria 6 HD, so obviously it kicked an error code. You at least need the base figure, for the preset to load the map/mat's for the figure preset clicked in the Amazing skins folders.
    (Edit)
    You do NOT get free daz original or other figure UV mats etc with Amazing skins. It is just a tool to change (color/hue/etc) of the mats you already have. Not intending to be harsh sounding, it's just a note of sorts.