[Released] Gescon, CSG plugin for Daz Studio [commercial]

Comments

• AlbertoAlberto Posts: 1,381

Sorel said:

This looks fantastic.

I should also ask, can the fracturing be animated or nah? 

It would need a rigid bodies physics system, and Daz Studio lacks of it.

However, you can manually animate it. 

• veenveen Posts: 132

I like that dude running trough the door, does me remind to Tom & Jerry hahahaha.

i will buy it for sure!!!!

• ChumlyChumly Posts: 793

You should probably update the thread with a link to the product to purchase in the first post... in bold large letters at the top

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,528
    edited May 2021

It is out: https://www.daz3d.com/gescon-constructive-solid-geometry-for-daz-studio

Could anybody, who bought it, can confirm, that the serial number is included with the purchase,

so one can start using the plugin immediately.

Thanks.

Post edited by Artini on

@Alberto: Is it possible to see the PDF manual before the purchase?

• thd777thd777 Posts: 931
    edited May 2021

@Artini Yes, the serial number is in my library.

Ciao

TD

Edit to add: First couple of simple tests went fine. Haven't bothered with the manual yet. It's pretty straight forward to use in my opinion.

Post edited by thd777 on
  • GeorgehazeGeorgehaze Posts: 151

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like most (maybe not all) of what this offeres is already available in Bryce, which DAZ gives away for free.

Other than working as a module within DAZ Studio, am I missing something?

Georgehaze said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like most (maybe not all) of what this offeres is already available in Bryce, which DAZ gives away for free.

I am only not so sure, if Bryce could create the proper UV maps.

thd777 said:

@Artini Yes, the serial number is in my library.

Ciao

TD

Edit to add: First couple of simple tests went fine. Haven't bothered with the manual yet. It's pretty straight forward to use in my opinion.

Thanks a lot for the confirmation. I was a bit afraid, based on the previous experiences.

Could you please post some example and if possible apply checkboard test texture, to see the quality of the created UV maps.

Thanks in advance. Cheers.

Artini said:

Georgehaze said:

I have checked, how it works in Bryce.

I have imported 2 objects as FBX files. Set one object as positive and the other as negative, then I have grouped them.

Bryce has done nothing. Boolean operations in Bryce works only on its own primitives and the result is not exportable.

Artini said:

Here you can download the manual: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i6lq_lTI84PH_zIoIj0Fhv9AOQpNXovt/view?usp=sharing 

Chumly said:

You should probably update the thread with a link to the product to purchase in the first post... in bold large letters at the top

Thank you! 

Let me know if you have the Gescon content in your library, please. There are included some cutters for fracture.

Alberto said:

Artini said:

Here you can download the manual: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1i6lq_lTI84PH_zIoIj0Fhv9AOQpNXovt/view?usp=sharing 

Thanks a lot.

• Ryuu@AMcCFRyuu@AMcCF Posts: 617

*GASP!*

Boolean action in DAZ STUDIO!? cool

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!! YES!!!!

Ryuu@AMcCF said:

*GASP!*

Boolean action in DAZ STUDIO!? cool

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!! YES!!!!

You're welcome! smiley 

• GeorgehazeGeorgehaze Posts: 151

Artini said:

Artini said:

Georgehaze said:

I have checked, how it works in Bryce.

I have imported 2 objects as FBX files. Set one object as positive and the other as negative, then I have grouped them.

Bryce has done nothing. Boolean operations in Bryce works only on its own primitives and the result is not exportable.

Join a positive primitive (native OR imported), with another 'negative' (to remove that section from the first (which you're describing as 'difference') or with an intersection primitive ( which you're also describing as 'intersection')...hit the 'convert button and voila! New thing, ready to be exported.

And "Not exportable?"  Sure it is!

I made the bulk of this with Bryce by exporting objects and parts I made in Bryce and imported them into DS Studio.

Full.png
    1860 x 910 - 1M
  • LeticiaLeticia Posts: 126

So I purchased this more or less on sight, and I'm playing around, but I can't find the included cutters and the points node(s) in my library.  Might they have installed themselves somewhere hardcoded on my c drive instead of in my usual library configured in DIM (on my d drive?)  I haven't turned them up yet.  Searching my c drive found the manual PDF, but not the cutters.

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838

Leticia said:

So I purchased this more or less on sight, and I'm playing around, but I can't find the included cutters and the points node(s) in my library.  Might they have installed themselves somewhere hardcoded on my c drive instead of in my usual library configured in DIM (on my d drive?)  I haven't turned them up yet.  Searching my c drive found the manual PDF, but not the cutters.

The cutter is any other object of your designation in the scene, notsomething that comes with the plugin. The points node in in the Create menu.

Ascania said:

Leticia said:

The cutter is any other object of your designation in the scene, notsomething that comes with the plugin. The points node in in the Create menu.

Ah, that helps with the points object - but the manual does say that cutters come with the product:

"This package includes some cutters, but any geometric node can be used as a cutter, including one of the fragments of the operation or the object to fracture itself."

Ascania said:

Leticia said:

Ascania and Leticia:

Yes, you can use any object in the scene as a cutter, but in fact, I included 11 special props as cutters

I reported the missing content to DAZ, but if you can submit a ticket, it could be helpful.

Okay!  Have opened a ticket.

• Okay, just to be sure:

This is a stand-alone pluggin, right?  I don't have to go purchase some other, external program such that this Daz pluggin then creates a bridge to that other program?

And on another note:

That effect that takes the shape of, say, the face, and then produces a face-shaped extrusion coming out from, say, the door...  does that also work with clothes, such that, say, something shoved inside the shirt makes the shirt bulge outward in the shape of that object?

nomad-ads_8ecd56922e said:

Okay, just to be sure:

This is a stand-alone pluggin, right?  I don't have to go purchase some other, external program such that this Daz pluggin then creates a bridge to that other program?

And on another note:

That effect that takes the shape of, say, the face, and then produces a face-shaped extrusion coming out from, say, the door...  does that also work with clothes, such that, say, something shoved inside the shirt makes the shirt bulge outward in the shape of that object?

Yes, it's a stand-alone plugin.

Most of clothes won't work because they're open-mesh geometry, that is, they don't have volume...

However, I'm creating a plugin that could thicken open-mesh objects.

@Georgehaze: Thanks a lot.

• Mark_e593e0a5Mark_e593e0a5 Posts: 1,569

Alberto said:

If that can be used to add some thickness to paper-thin clothing items, I would consider that one a must-have wink 

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

Alberto said:

If that can be used to add some thickness to paper-thin clothing items, I would consider that one a must-have wink 

Yes, it's precisely its purpose smiley.

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

Alberto said:

Agreed, that'll be another instant buy. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050

Alberto said:

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

Alberto said:

Won't that thickness interfere with dForcing the clothing? 

barbult said:

Alberto said:

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

Alberto said:

Won't that thickness interfere with dForcing the clothing? 

No, as the thickness object is a separated object. You can set this as not Visible in simulation.  Or you can do first the dForce calculations with the original one, and then generate the thickened object.