Error on loading G8F figure - looking for G8M stuff in G8F folders?

clivewil2clivewil2 Posts: 128

hello, this is a new error that started last night - load up a vanilla G8F and i get the error message

the following files could not be found:

data/daz 3d/genesis 8/female/genesis8male.dsf

and from the log file:

2021-05-14 10:10:01.939 Loaded file: genesis 8 basic female.duf
2021-05-14 10:10:02.672 Could not resolve : "/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Genesis8Male.dsf"

...why is DS looking for male stuff in the female folder?

the only similar forum thread i found was a G8F looking for its files in the G3F folder; similar, but no solution was found other than copying G8F files into the G3F folder - i'd rather not start peppering male files into my female folders.

does anyone have a solution please?

---> additional - DS had been freshly restarted and the scene was empty apart from the G8F.

Post edited by clivewil2 on

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,108

Offhand, I'd guess that it's looking for the male clone used for auto fitting purposes. 

• clivewil2clivewil2 Posts: 128
    edited May 2021

SOLVED

ok after a bit of Agent Ransacking for the text string, i traced it to a morph dsf in the Betsy figure/hair/outfit package (SKU 81271) i'd recently bought and installed, easily fixed it by changing 'Male' to 'Female' with a text-ed.

i'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that this is a bug and not a feature, so i'll raise a ticket for said package.

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,838

Yep it's a bug, willing to bet you edited line 18 "Parent", as bad parent data will always cause an error like that when DS can't find the DSF file, it also adds three error messages to the log.

Bejaymac said:

Yep it's a bug, willing to bet you edited line 18 "Parent", as bad parent data will always cause an error like that when DS can't find the DSF file, it also adds three error messages to the log.

yep, line 18, that's the one.

i must admit i was pleasantly surprised that i was able to fix it at all, i had assumed that every official PA release would be compressed/compiled and un-editable

• nomad-ads_8ecd56922enomad-ads_8ecd56922e Posts: 1,873
    edited May 2021

Seems I experienced the same issue, as described over here.  So, simply text-editting a line in one of the relavant product files for Child Betsy fixes it?  What specific file should I be looking for?  And.... line 18 of it, you say?

Post edited by nomad-ads_8ecd56922e on
    edited May 2021

nomad-ads_8ecd56922e said:

Seems I experienced the same issue, as described over here.  So, simply text-editting a line in one of the relavant product files for Child Betsy fixes it?  What specific file should I be looking for?  And.... line 18 of it, you say?

it's called CTRLChildBetsy.dsf and the location for the file is:

...\My DAZ 3D Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\thepenguin\ChildBetsy

you're looking for line 18 which looks similar to this:

"parent" : "/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Female/Genesis8Male.dsf#Genesis8Female"

...change the Male to Female and you're good to go.

• Thank you. Done.