Can't find/install face transfer unlimited

I bought face transfer unlimited a while ago, but only now I'm trying to experiment with face transfer. (without much success). The characters appear with a watermark, so face transfer unlimited either isn't installed or doesn't work. But I can't find the files to install it anywhere. They don't appear in the not yet installed files, nor in the already installed files. The product definitely shows up as "purchased" on the catalogue page. 

What am I doing wrong, if anything? Thanks in advance. 

Comments

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,984

Your product library offers two install options:  DAZ Central or Manual Install

https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files#prod_63529

• riverman63riverman63 Posts: 58

I got puzzled by this when I purchased it. Have you entered the serial number? Face Transfer is already installed so you do not need to install anything extra, you just need to enter the number to unlock the full version. Look under My Serial Number on My Account for it.

• odasteinodastein Posts: 606
    edited May 2021

riverman63 said:

I got puzzled by this when I purchased it. Have you entered the serial number? Face Transfer is already installed so you do not need to install anything extra, you just need to enter the number to unlock the full version. Look under My Serial Number on My Account for it.

The serial number? Hmm...I think that might be my issue, right here. I didn't enter any serial number, as far as I can tell.  Hmm...After checking, I have several serial numbers, there. I had never looked into this tab. Although it refers to "face transfer" not "face transfer unlimited". Is that the correct one anyway? 

And where/how do I enter this serial number? 

Thank you for the tip. 

Post edited by odastein on

Yes, Face Transfer For Daz Studio is the one. I have had a look and I cannot see or remember how to enter the serial number.... but mine may look different because I have entered it already, someone else will hopefully know......

Just found this in a post from a few years back.....

How to activate the plugin

This plugin does NOT require a separate installer to be downloaded and run separately. The plugin itself is included in the installation of Daz Studio, but it is not activated until you enter a valid serial number. To do this, go to the "Help" menu in the main menu bar of Daz Studio and select the "About Installed Plugins…" action. Next, find the entry for "Face Transfer" and paste or type in your serial code* into the Serial Number field. Finally, click on the "Accept" button to finish the registration process. You will need to close Daz Studio and reopen it before you can start using the the plugin.

*Your serial code will be listed in the "Serial Numbers" section of your www.daz3d.com account.

riverman63 said:

This plugin does NOT require a separate installer to be downloaded and run separately. The plugin itself is included in the installation of Daz Studio, but it is not activated until you enter a valid serial number. To do this, go to the "Help" menu in the main menu bar of Daz Studio and select the "About Installed Plugins…" action. Next, find the entry for "Face Transfer" and paste or type in your serial code* into the Serial Number field. Finally, click on the "Accept" button to finish the registration process. You will need to close Daz Studio and reopen it before you can start using the the plugin.

*Your serial code will be listed in the "Serial Numbers" section of your www.daz3d.com account.

Thank you, but there was no "about installed plugins" in "help". So, I had to submit a ticket for an information that should be immediately and obviously available when you buy a product, instead of having to ask people and then send a ticket.  

Shame, yes you're right. It should be explained clearly by the creators. Good luck, let me know what they say

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,013
    edited May 2021

odastein said:

riverman63 said:

Thank you, but there was no "about installed plugins" in "help". So, I had to submit a ticket for an information that should be immediately and obviously available when you buy a product, instead of having to ask people and then send a ticket.  

Yes there is:

Yes there is.png
    680 x 421 - 35K
    Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
    edited May 2021

Catherine3678ab said:

odastein said:

riverman63 said:

Yes there is:

OK. I wasn't looking in "help" in Daz studio. I was looking in "help" on this website, assuming that it worked like when you redeem a gift card. Thank you very much.

But how are we supposed to guess all that?  To figure out that there's no download, to realise that there's a serial number, to find it, and then to figure out where to enter it????

Post edited by odastein on
  • can someone tell me how to solve the problem and install the plugin ??? I can’t find it at all after the purchase - I’m attaching screenshots

not have plug in the help menu
    not have plug in window menu
    not have plug in the menu on the right.
    how do i add the plugin and register it to DAZ???

i use max os catalina   

Снимок экрана 2022-05-02 в 19.22.41.png
    830 x 1716 - 382K
    Снимок экрана 2022-05-02 в 19.23.49.png
    1618 x 1684 - 210K
    Снимок экрана 2022-05-02 в 19.24.00.png
    658 x 1440 - 225K
    Снимок экрана 2022-05-02 в 19.24.06.png
    728 x 572 - 104K
  • Hello I have a problem I can't find the activation number of the program, do you know where to find it. because I tried with the order number that does not work.

• Please did anyone manage to solve this problem ?

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,603

Go to "My Account" on this website, Click on "Serial Numbers" (under the blue padlock icon which is the second from last one in the list).  The serial numbers for any puchased (or gifted) items will be listed there.  If it is not there then check to make sure you did actually purchase it.

• I cant give my registration number as there is no 'face transfer plugin' listed for me to authenticate.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,029

jackiemcclements said:

I cant give my registration number as there is no 'face transfer plugin' listed for me to authenticate.

Did you install the latest general release of Daz studio (released yesterday), or a recent beta? Earlier versions of DS don't have Face Transfer 2 included.