The Newest Evolution Is Here: The Daz Season Pass!

Comments

• The Blurst of TimesThe Blurst of Times Posts: 2,410
    edited May 2021

Lyoness said:

I just got Jada HD.  Anyone else???

Just setting up a render with her now.

(Did not get an Orange Banner. She just showed up in DIM (as an Elite Daz user with the special Forum Flair LOL). So, probably a Jada 8.1 release tomorrow to the Proletariat class of Daz user.)

I do like Jada. I think she renders pretty...

EDIT: Someone with a Render going to set up a separate Jada thread?

Post edited by The Blurst of Times on
  • JamesJABJamesJAB Posts: 1,760

I am fully expecting a pretty goofy bundle for her though...

"Jada 8.1 brings a bold a fearless flair to any scene! 

Jada knows she has a voice, and she isn't afraid to use it. She's gone undercover to catch criminals and support her community. While her job calls for a variety of looks, she'll choose bright and bold outfits whenever possible, especially when she's out in her roller skates!  

Add a daring heroine to your next project with Jada 8.1!

For additional savings, check out the Jada 8.1 Undercover Roller Girl Bundle."

edited May 2021

Wut.

Undercover cop in bright clothing... and roller skates.

I can't...

math.gif
    360 x 230 - 3M
  • Kaye KayeKaye Kaye Posts: 210

There's the banner...

And yep, she is very nice :)

• LyonessLyoness Posts: 1,610

I just got my orange banner NOW.
    and things are in my DIM.  so that is excellent.
    I hate it when it's the other way around.
    banner and wait on product.

• benniewoodellbenniewoodell Posts: 1,902

The Blurst of Times said:

Wut.

I can't...

LOL, it makes no sense. 

I do think the character looks nice though. She toons up pretty well also. 

benniewoodell said:

pictures or it never happened.

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,114

Kind of reminds me of that old TV show on Fox Network "21 Jump Street" where they cast 30 year olds as under cover police agents posing as high school kids.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,629

AllenArt said:

Torquinox said:

AllenArt said:

melissastjames said:

AllenArt said:

She's not a bad looking character, tho I'm not sure if she has a big head or her shoulders are too narrow. One of the two ;). My biggest complaint is that the Daz store is turning into another T&A festival. I put up with it for 22 years. I don't have enough years left to put up with it again ;).

There is defintely something funktastic going on with those shoulders/head. 

And yeah, it seems like the reputation for three-dee-pr0n-generator is definitely well-deserved as of late. I've only been Daz'ing for a couple years now, but it's gotten more and more boobs n' stillettos.  

Very early on it was pretty even, with almost as much male stuff as female for Mike 1 and 2, a little less, but still sufficient for Mike 3, up to about Mike 4 when it started diverging and Vicky 4 became the major focus. Ever since it's all been about the boobs and skimpware. Last year and the year before it was improving by quite a bit, but now I think it's as bad as I've ever seen it for the lack of male stuff. And the male characters and clothes that DO come out...well, I'll be nice and say I'd rather leave them in the store. LOL. I was really enjoying the Christians, the Ollies, the Floyds and the Dasans **sigh**

You're probably aware that Sickleyield laid out the financial reasons why it is this way.

I am aware. And I'm not even sure it applies like it used to. V4 era, maybe. V8 era? Maybe some want a little more variation. After all, the store can't ALL be female. And the males for 8.1 so far are beyond disappointing. Mike 8.1 looks like a toon and I haven't seen a good character for 8.1 male yet. 

Sure, let me look at my store sales in the Genesis 8 era.  I don't have that many products that are still split by sex, because the ding on male sets was so bad for Genesis 3 that I just started making "genesis 8" sets instead of "Genesis 8 Female" and "Genesis 8 Male" sets for the effects and widgets that are chiefly my bread and butter.  These are over the entire time since release.  It's rare for a set to get over a hundred copies on day one, and clothing sets seldom make it to that, they make up the units more over time (I make large, niche clothing sets, and infrequently, because of the amount of time it takes).  Then sales trail off until things have been in the catalog long enough to get into the 2.99 sales, where they shoot way up.

dForce Roman Clothing G8F: 1145

dForce Roman Clothing G8M: 1138 

dForce Rags G8F: 491

dForce Rags G8M: 475

Fantastical Features G8F: 337

Fantastical Features G8M: 206

Unusual Features G8F: 382

Unusual Features G8M: 351

SF Beautiful Skin G8F: 480
    SF Beautiful Skin G8M: 403

There's more, but except for the Morphing Fantasy Armor G8 sets, where the male sold more, generally it all follows the same trend.  The female versions do sell more, but the gap is less than in the G2-G3 periods.

• Kaye KayeKaye Kaye Posts: 210
    edited May 2021

Rough first render stopped at about 60% because clipping/messy bits. But I really like her. I'll play more tomorrow (looks at time) well, today... :)

jada81-1.png
    900 x 1350 - 1M
    Post edited by Kaye Kaye on
  • I created a separate Jada thread to keep it separate from the Season Pass complaining & occasional discussion (LOL).

The mods can delete that if they feel like it's better kept inside this thread. Won't hurt my feelings... (*sniffle*)

edited May 2021

Lyoness said:

benniewoodell said:

pictures or it never happened.

Super quick render. Toonized is dialed in about 47% and Sakura is dialed in to about 37%. 

Jada toon.png
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
    Post edited by benniewoodell on

cute

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,148

The Blurst of Times said:

Wut.

I can't...

I don't see the problem. "Undercover" just means that she's posing as something other than a police officer. The specifics will vary according to the group she's trying to infiltrate. Maybe Jada's in some sort of Point Break scenario. 

• MeneerWolfmanMeneerWolfman Posts: 421

SickleYield said:

AllenArt said:

Torquinox said:

AllenArt said:

melissastjames said:

AllenArt said:

She's not a bad looking character, tho I'm not sure if she has a big head or her shoulders are too narrow. One of the two ;). My biggest complaint is that the Daz store is turning into another T&A festival. I put up with it for 22 years. I don't have enough years left to put up with it again ;).

And yeah, it seems like the reputation for three-dee-pr0n-generator is definitely well-deserved as of late. I've only been Daz'ing for a couple years now, but it's gotten more and more boobs n' stillettos.  

Very early on it was pretty even, with almost as much male stuff as female for Mike 1 and 2, a little less, but still sufficient for Mike 3, up to about Mike 4 when it started diverging and Vicky 4 became the major focus. Ever since it's all been about the boobs and skimpware. Last year and the year before it was improving by quite a bit, but now I think it's as bad as I've ever seen it for the lack of male stuff. And the male characters and clothes that DO come out...well, I'll be nice and say I'd rather leave them in the store. LOL. I was really enjoying the Christians, the Ollies, the Floyds and the Dasans **sigh**

You're probably aware that Sickleyield laid out the financial reasons why it is this way.

I am aware. And I'm not even sure it applies like it used to. V4 era, maybe. V8 era? Maybe some want a little more variation. After all, the store can't ALL be female. And the males for 8.1 so far are beyond disappointing. Mike 8.1 looks like a toon and I haven't seen a good character for 8.1 male yet. 

Sure, let me look at my store sales in the Genesis 8 era.  I don't have that many products that are still split by sex, because the ding on male sets was so bad for Genesis 3 that I just started making "genesis 8" sets instead of "Genesis 8 Female" and "Genesis 8 Male" sets for the effects and widgets that are chiefly my bread and butter.  These are over the entire time since release.  It's rare for a set to get over a hundred copies on day one, and clothing sets seldom make it to that, they make up the units more over time (I make large, niche clothing sets, and infrequently, because of the amount of time it takes).  Then sales trail off until things have been in the catalog long enough to get into the 2.99 sales, where they shoot way up.

There's more, but except for the Morphing Fantasy Armor G8 sets, where the male sold more, generally it all follows the same trend.  The female versions do sell more, but the gap is less than in the G2-G3 periods.

That's actually way closer than I thought it would be. I'm actually surprised, the way that it's been painted in the past makes it sound like "The female version sold 3,000 copies, the male version sold 5".

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

The tooned version is supercute @benniewoodell - love it!

Worlds_Edge said:

The tooned version is supercute @benniewoodell - love it!

Thank you! 

• AdenLKAdenLK Posts: 14

Lyoness said:

Me either. It is very bad to receive the banner and not have access to the product.

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

MeneerWolfman said:

SickleYield said:

AllenArt said:

Torquinox said:

AllenArt said:

melissastjames said:

AllenArt said:

That's actually way closer than I thought it would be. I'm actually surprised, the way that it's been painted in the past makes it sound like "The female version sold 3,000 copies, the male version sold 5".

Same here. That is really close.

Laurie 

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,740

Lyoness said:

I’m confused, Don’t you get all the Daz core characters as a PA or did they stop doing that? 

• y3kmany3kman Posts: 765

Lyoness said:

I’m confused, Don’t you get all the Daz core characters as a PA or did they stop doing that? 

I'm not a PA but I'm sure they have access to (some) unreleased figures. How are PAs supposed to release items on time for core DAZ figures? If you have a lot of free time, you could check the product index for unreleased products (0001-01-01). You can even see an HD addon for an unreleased G8.1 male figure. Kills the surprise, though.
    edited May 2021

This was my submission for Jazz 8.1. 

Jazz submission.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by benniewoodell on
  • Lothar WeberLothar Weber Posts: 1,611

Are we allowed to post it here? Still not sure... would be a way more fun. 

Lothar Weber said:

Eh, I figure why not, I'm not doing renders so no one can see them and I do enjoy seeing what everybody else is doing too because you're right, it is more fun. If it disqualifies the submission, I don't honestly care at this point. 

• Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,123

benniewoodell said:

Lothar Weber said:

Eh, I figure why not, I'm not doing renders so no one can see them and I do enjoy seeing what everybody else is doing too because you're right, it is more fun. If it disqualifies the submission, I don't honestly care at this point. 

I don't believe posting it in here will disqualify.. it's just for it to be entered for judging it needs to be emailed.

• SeraSera Posts: 1,675

benniewoodell said:

This was my submission for Jazz 8.1. 

Absolutely gorgeous lighting!!! 

edited May 2021

Please post all your pictures in the gallery under #seasonpass!!!
    I love seeing what everyone is doing!

Post edited by Lyoness on
    edited May 2021

Okay, Jada 8.1 Contest is up on the contest page...

https://www.daz3d.com/official-contest-rules

Entries will be accepted by email starting on Wednesday, May 12, 12:00 a.m. MT, and ending Tuesday, May 18, 2021 at 11:59:59 p.m. MT. All online entries must be received by May 18, 2021 011:59:59 p.m. MT.

Use Jada 8.1 from the Daz Store to create a static render that relates to the theme of a “roller-skating civilian with a bold charm that allows her to infiltrate criminal rings”

Roller-skating undercover civilian infiltrator who busts criminals (but totally isn't a cop).

• AbyssalErosAbyssalEros Posts: 289

Just fits well with the no-pron-rules of DAZ, see "to bust" definition at Urban dictionary. surprise

• SeraSera Posts: 1,675
    When do civilians go undercover to bust criminals? I don't think I've ever heard of such a thing. To be fair, I don't watch a lot of cop shows. I used to watch Law & Order, but I don't know if that counts.