Reminder Email to Redeem your Giftcards

Daz_JessicaDaz_Jessica Posts: 155
edited May 2021 in The Commons

Later today or tomorrow, we'll be sending a reminder email to any customer with a valid giftcard code, that has not yet redeemed that code (and purchased the giftcard earlier then this year). We know that sometimes emails get lost, codes get forgotten or misplaced and we want to remind you of any gift card codes that you have not yet redeemed for instore credit.  The email will contain the giftcard code and the amount on that giftcard to make it easier to redeem.

If your email address is not correct for your Daz account, please update your email address, so we can send you this information, or reach out to customer service, who can update your email address.

Our customers, including you! are incredibly important to us and we want to provide you with the best customer experience possible. Thank you for your patronage and your beatiful art.

Post edited by Daz_Jessica on

Comments

• JoelLovellJoelLovell Posts: 109

I got the email, but it says the code is invalid.

• Jessica they are being sent out to people who already redeemed all their cards.  DAZ has a glitch in that program somewhere.

• Daz_JessicaDaz_Jessica Posts: 155

Not a mistake.  These aren't duplicate codes or incorrect in our database, we've verified and double verified them.  So, the code is tied to your account and is real.  Please redeem the code!  If you feel concerned, consider it a gift.  If you want us to invalidate the code, send a note to customer service.

If for some reason the code isn't working, please reach out to customer service.

• I sent a ticket into customer support to check it out already.  I'll wait for that.  But I find it really hard to believe I forgot to cash in multiple hundreds of dollars in gift certificates.  I do buy a lot of them in the multiple hundered dollar range but, well, I'll wait for the reply.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,300

People used to report getting two emails with GC codes, one that worked, and one that didn't.  Never happened to me, but it was a thing that got reported a lot last year.  Could this be related to that?

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,310
    edited April 2021

Well, I'm kind of confused. It sure is a very nice service, and it's also kind of DAZ to say that we should consider the codes / card a gift if we're unsure about it. But it's also a bit strange, like the others said. Then again - if Jessica SAYS it's a gift ... Huh. Weird situation. 

In any case, DAZ please do re-check this yourselves, okay? I've bought so much during the last year that I really really can't go through all my orders and check the GC codes and whether I redeemed them. 

Post edited by tsroemi on
  • SeraSera Posts: 1,675

Sounds like they had a bunch of unclaimed credit on the books that they wanted to clear. But where did it all come from if nobody remembers buying them? So weird. 

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,697

I don’t even get regular emails from Daz anymore. How do I get back on the mailing list? 

edited April 2021

In this closed thread https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/491071/unclaimed-gift-card-codes#latest, Jessica repeated what she said here, and people are thanking her / DAZ for the generosity, so I guess it's for real!

• @Daz_Jessica

Well, got one. Already redeemed (and used for the Alternatve Reality Bundle). Nice and welcomed surprise. Thank you. And if you want so send out some more, feel absolutely free ;-)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,713

well I was taught to never look a gift horse in the mouth kiss

so thankyou DAZ heart

• LucielLuciel Posts: 475

certaintree38 said:

Sounds like they had a bunch of unclaimed credit on the books that they wanted to clear. But where did it all come from if nobody remembers buying them? So weird. 

I mean, Paypal is always being bizarre, so that might be a cause of some of it?  

THANKS! heart

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

I've only had gift code problems once and it was caused by the DAZ 3D store doing something wrong when buying a gift card using PayPal but not by PayPal itself. I received 2 codes, but had purchased only one code, and only one of the two actually worked. I didn't file a ticket though as I knew DAZ 3D knew their store was doing this from all the other complaints in the forum. I'm glad to hear that DAZ 3D is finally fixing this problem and re-issueing credits to all the people that encountered the same bug and lost money as often email clients will combine and collapse multiple emails that are nearly the same into one email stream making it look like only one code was received or multiple emails were received with the same code. 

• DecoyboyDecoyboy Posts: 490
    Thanks, even if it was for only $1. If I had seen it yesterday before buying the new 8.1 bundle, then I would have only paid like $.80 for it (out of pocket. Already had a $50 credit and my pc $6 off.)
  • Appreciate the reminder. I ran a search in my email... and I was surprised that I did have an unredeemed gift card.

So even if you don't think you have an unredeemed gift card, it's worth running a quick search in your email.

yes

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,002

Appreciate the reminder. I ran a search in my email... and I was surprised that I did have an unredeemed gift card.

So even if you don't think you have an unredeemed gift card, it's worth running a quick search in your email.

yes

Hmm. I did just that after reading this thread - ran an email search and checked each code in the results. I had seven unredeemed codes - which seems strange. But if unredeemed codes were recently verified, one would think that codes issued in error would have been deactivated. Redeemed, since that's what Daz personnel seem to be instructing here, but if Daz wants to verify the codes, I'll be holding off spending any of that credit for the immediate future at least.
  • HatBHatB Posts: 76
    edited May 2021

I have tried to change my email from [my old address] to [my new] several months ago and it still says it is waiting for conformation.  I no longer get mail from att  so can't get send a conformation from there .  I also tried sending a message to support and it still hasn't been changed

Mod edit to remove the email addresses

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • CerragCerrag Posts: 237

Thank you so much Daz3d!  :)

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

I got a banner, but no email, so sent in a ticket.

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

3dOutlaw said:

I got a banner, but no email, so sent in a ticket.

same here. 

:)

j

• I got a banner, but the only email was one that I redeemed early this week... so I don't know if I have another one, or if the banner was sent erroneously, or whatever.

¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

So overall, that was a pretty lousy thing to do, tell me I have old gift cards, and am incredibly important to them and they want to provide me with the best customer experience possible!  Then....when I contact them to get the codes, "No sorry, they are too old and we cannot honor them."

Very frustrating...

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219

The Blurst of Times said:

I got a banner, but the only email was one that I redeemed early this week... so I don't know if I have another one, or if the banner was sent erroneously, or whatever.

¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

Is it still there? If not it was probably an error - I had one too, that has now gone.

• Richard Haseltine said:

Is it still there? If not it was probably an error - I had one too, that has now gone.

I x-ed out the banner, but it's still in my messages.

So I'm not sure if it's valid or not.

I guess I should file a ticket...

edited May 2021

Now I've got one of those banners too ... weird. Maybe one of the Mods could find out what this is all about now?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,219

Well, mine certainly vanished so that may mean yours is valid.

It's even there still today. I guess I will send in a ticket then.

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,002
    edited May 2021
    I have the banner, too, but no email, suggesting that these messages are not being delivered to those of us who opted out of the daily advert.

I opted out because I'm trying to keep my inbox manageable and don't want an email everyday showing me the same sales that I see when I visit the website.

But I would like to receive general notices (such as these reminders, or announcements about new versions of Studio, etc) and any special offers beyond the daily sales. It'd be nice to have separate options for different types of communications.

Any chance these emails could simply be resent (same message; no need to redo them) but ignoring the opt-out this time?
    Post edited by doubledeviant on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

3dOutlaw said:

So overall, that was a pretty lousy thing to do, tell me I have old gift cards, and am incredibly important to them and they want to provide me with the best customer experience possible!  Then....when I contact them to get the codes, "No sorry, they are too old and we cannot honor them."

Very frustrating...

Wow, but it wasn't so old that they deemed it unneeded to tell you they have gift code money you received but never spent. I was told gift codes don't expire.