Reminder Email to Redeem your Giftcards

2»

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,706

nonesuch00 said:

3dOutlaw said:

So overall, that was a pretty lousy thing to do, tell me I have old gift cards, and am incredibly important to them and they want to provide me with the best customer experience possible!  Then....when I contact them to get the codes, "No sorry, they are too old and we cannot honor them."

Very frustrating...

Wow, but it wasn't so old that they deemed it unneeded to tell you they have gift code money you received but never spent. I was told gift codes don't expire.

Gift cards expire, currently after five years, store credit does not expire. So it's a good idea to redeem the Gift Card.

doubledeviant said:

I have the banner, too, but no email, suggesting that these messages are not being delivered to those of us who opted out of the daily advert.

I opted out because I'm trying to keep my inbox manageable and don't want an email everyday showing me the same sales that I see when I visit the website.

But I would like to receive general notices (such as these reminders, or announcements about new versions of Studio, etc) and any special offers beyond the daily sales. It'd be nice to have separate options for different types of communications.

Any chance these emails could simply be resent (same message; no need to redo them) but ignoring the opt-out this time?

I get newsletters and didn't get an email for the GC the system though I was due. I would expect that a personal email like this would be treated in the same way as an invoice, and be sent regardless of the opt-in for mass mailings. Most of the other things you mention would be mass-mailings rather than personal, so it isn't surprising if they are covered by the option - you coudl always make a feature request for more granularity.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,308

nonesuch00 said:

3dOutlaw said:

So overall, that was a pretty lousy thing to do, tell me I have old gift cards, and am incredibly important to them and they want to provide me with the best customer experience possible!  Then....when I contact them to get the codes, "No sorry, they are too old and we cannot honor them."

Very frustrating...

Wow, but it wasn't so old that they deemed it unneeded to tell you they have gift code money you received but never spent. I was told gift codes don't expire.

You were told incorrectly. It is store credit that doesn't expire. Gift cards used to expire after one year but that was changed to five years.

• watchdog79watchdog79 Posts: 1,026

doubledeviant said:

I have the banner, too, but no email, suggesting that these messages are not being delivered to those of us who opted out of the daily advert.

I opted out because I'm trying to keep my inbox manageable and don't want an email everyday showing me the same sales that I see when I visit the website.

But I would like to receive general notices (such as these reminders, or announcements about new versions of Studio, etc) and any special offers beyond the daily sales. It'd be nice to have separate options for different types of communications.

Any chance these emails could simply be resent (same message; no need to redo them) but ignoring the opt-out this time?

If that is true, then not exclusively, because I do receive the adverts, but despite the orange banner, I did not receive any new e-mail with any forgotten gift card code(s).

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

Richard Haseltine said:

nonesuch00 said:

3dOutlaw said:

Very frustrating...

Gift cards expire, currently after five years, store credit does not expire. So it's a good idea to redeem the Gift Card.

I don't buy gift cards for myself, and tie up my money.  I buy the card, and then send the code to someone via PM for something they have done, or for their nice freebies, etc.  So in this case, those two GC's must be gifts I have given to someone that they just did not use.  It would have been nice to get a notice before they expire, so I could have passed it on to someone else deserving...but in the end, I won't lose sleep over it.  

In this case, it made it seem like I could use old gift cards (unused) based on the banner.  In the end, it was a letdown...but obviously an oversight on the group that came up with the idea, and forgot to filter out expired ones.

• doubledeviantdoubledeviant Posts: 1,023
    Richard Haseltine; watchdog79 - Hmm, then perhaps email settings aren't a factor. I get receipts/invoices from Daz, and I skim my spam folder for false positives from time to time, so there shouldn't be any blocking/filtering happening to the best of my knowledge.

Who knows.
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,922

Richard Haseltine said:

nonesuch00 said:

3dOutlaw said:

Very frustrating...

OK, thanks. Well mine is newer than 5 years I think. Seems like they would have filtered out unused gift codes older than 5 years.

• MI3DARTMI3DART Posts: 24

3dOutlaw said:

I got a banner, but no email, so sent in a ticket.

Me too. No email, orange banner, same message as the banner in the store inbox, sent a ticket.

• I also submitted a ticket. (Banner on 5/6, message in Inbox, no associated email with Gift Card code.)

I'm not sure I have an open Gift Card... but I still have the message even after X'ing out the Banner. Dunno.

If/when I receive a reply from Support, I'll update here.

• LadyCarfaxLadyCarfax Posts: 19

Thanks so much to DAZ team !

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,773

I am speechless.

Thank you so much, Daz 3D.

You are truly the best.

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,556
    edited May 2021

This email is probably sent by the newsletter server, I unsubscribed .

My emailbox is correct I've got all the order receipts.

Post edited by Noah LGP on
  • Should the banner go away after you claim all the gift cards?

doubledeviant said:

I set up an email filter to redirect Daz emails to a separate folder.

narkfestmojo said:

Should the banner go away after you claim all the gift cards?

No, it was sent on the basis of your being in a set of members (those getting unused Gift Card code reminder emails) but that isn't live, it's now jiust a message in your inbox. Daz could rerun the assignment, I think, but if they do it isn't going to happen in real time.

doubledeviant said:

I set up an email filter to redirect Daz emails to a separate folder.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,513

I did not get an email. I'll be interested to hear from customer service. I imagine they're busy and that won't happen 'til next week.

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724

I never got the email and have put in a support ticket.

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,556
    edited May 2021

nvm

Post edited by Noah LGP on
  • Daz_JessicaDaz_Jessica Posts: 155

To answer a question - yes the email was sent to the same people who recieve our daily newsletters.  We send special deals and reminders thru our mass emailing system (to people who have signed up and not unsubscribed), as email service providers require that, other emails that are considered transactional (like your receipts) are sent as a different type of email.

We apologize to any individuals who were mistakenly send the reminder, that error was fixed within 20 minutes.  We hope those of you who have have the notification in your messages will reach out to customer service to recieve your gift card codes.

Thanks and we hope you use your credit soon.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited May 2021

Ha!

Apparently, I have a $10 one unredeemed.

I don't need it, considering i have 100s in credit. I don't even visit studio every day anymore.

Post edited by nicstt on

Alright, I am now absolutely certain Daz had some sort of a hickup with the codes.

I got an orange banner and no e-mail. I sent a support ticket, and below are the Gift Card values for the codes the support sent me as the ones I had not redeemed, after, you know, "double and triple checking them", which now seems quite hillarious a method of checking to me. Lo and behold my mighty riches:

$0.04
    $0.28
    $0.07
    $0.05
    $0.12
    $0.55
    $0.24
    $0.16
    $0.62
    $0.42
    $0.10
    $0.34
    $0.28
    $0.47

How did I even manage to buy Gift Cards for these fractions of a dollar value in the first place?surprise

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,513

I get Daz mails, but I did not get an email about the gift cards. No harm. I heard back from CS. I had a 23 cent gift card. I suspect before I knew to redeem giftcards into store credit, I used one to pay for an order and left a small balance at the end. Maybe that balance stayed in my account.

• I got my response as well... no open gift cards at this time.
    I previously had an open gift card, but then I claimed it prior to the orange banner reminder.

(I didn't think I had any unclaimed ones, so I'm not complaining here. The orange banners were obviously not correct.)

Torquinox said:

I get Daz mails, but I did not get an email about the gift cards. No harm. I heard back from CS. I had a 23 cent gift card. I suspect before I knew to redeem giftcards into store credit, I used one to pay for an order and left a small balance at the end. Maybe that balance stayed in my account.

That's 100% correct. 

watchdog79 said:

Alright, I am now absolutely certain Daz had some sort of a hickup with the codes.

I got an orange banner and no e-mail. I sent a support ticket, and below are the Gift Card values for the codes the support sent me as the ones I had not redeemed, after, you know, "double and triple checking them", which now seems quite hillarious a method of checking to me. Lo and behold my mighty riches:

$0.04
    $0.28
    $0.07
    $0.05
    $0.12
    $0.55
    $0.24
    $0.16
    $0.62
    $0.42
    $0.10
    $0.34
    $0.28
    $0.47

How did I even manage to buy Gift Cards for these fractions of a dollar value in the first place?surprise

You didn't, you likely used almost all of a gift card on purchases (and didn't transfer to store credit) and had a small left over balance. 

Daz_Jessica said:

watchdog79 said:

$0.04
    $0.28
    $0.07
    $0.05
    $0.12
    $0.55
    $0.24
    $0.16
    $0.62
    $0.42
    $0.10
    $0.34
    $0.28
    $0.47

You didn't, you likely used almost all of a gift card on purchases (and didn't transfer to store credit) and had a small left over balance. 

I always redeem my Gift Cards after purchase and use store credit. I didn't even know another option existed until you told me now.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,922

I got mine 'lost gift code'. Since I've not received gift codes for the other times I was mistakenly sent 2 gift codes when completing a gift card purchase with PayPal I'm thinking it was a gift code I really should of received a while back and didn't, for whatever reason.