DIM

cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Can someone tell me why everytime I have to update the DIM the icon on the desktop is gone after installation and why I have to search for the DIM everytime new? Where is it??? can´t find it.

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,188
    edited August 2014

Make sure before you update the checkbox for desktop is checked.

DIMDesktop.JPG
    561 x 517 - 72K
    Post edited by frank0314 on
  • JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You will find it here on a Windows system : C:\Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D\DAZ3DIM1

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

I ran the update through DIM yesterday and it seemed to go through the motions but it still says it's version .21 instead of .27. How do I kow if the update actually took place?

edited December 1969

It doesn't look like it did, mine says 1.1.0.27 when I run it now.

You could check the date here : C:\Program Files (x86)\DAZ 3D\DAZ3DIM1 Mine says Date Modified, 14th August but I only installed it yesterday too.

edited December 1969

How do I go about updating it again manually? Why is the option even there to do it through DIM if it doesn't actually work properly?

edited December 1969

I installed mine through DIM, and it worked correctly. It does work for most people I believe.

You can find a manual install if you go to My Account > Product Library and look for 'Install Manager Win' assuming you use windows. There is also one for the Mac.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

Kharma said:
    I ran the update through DIM yesterday and it seemed to go through the motions but it still says it's version .21 instead of .27. How do I kow if the update actually took place?

Same thing happened to me. It told me an update was available when i opened it, so i did the update, but i walked away from the computer for a few moments while it was happening, and when I got back, DIM had closed. I assumed it had worked, but when it opened up again, it still says .21

Now, when I open it, it doens't want to update anymore.

• XoechZXoechZ Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

What you can try is:

Go to this page: http://www.daz3d.com/install-manager-info
    download and install the new version manually over the existing one. If this also does not work, uninstall the old version, then install the new one.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,713
    edited December 1969

I installed mine through DIM, and it worked correctly. It does work for most people I believe.

Worked fine here too (Win 7 / 64).

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,198
    edited December 1969

jakiblue said:
    Same thing happened to me. It told me an update was available when i opened it, so i did the update, but i walked away from the computer for a few moments while it was happening, and when I got back, DIM had closed. I assumed it had worked, but when it opened up again, it still says .21

I would guess that when you walked away you missed the Windows UAC alert asking if you wanted to allow DIM to make changes - though if it now won't update when you log in to your account that would be a bug and should be reported.

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited August 2014

jakiblue said:

I would guess that when you walked away you missed the Windows UAC alert asking if you wanted to allow DIM to make changes - though if it now won't update when you log in to your account that would be a bug and should be reported.If you have tried updating and it doesn't update, then the next time you log in it won't update either, that is known and intentional. It keeps people from losing access to their account due to a bad download or server issue, or other minor problem.

To force an update there are two options. Hold Control (Command on the Mac) and hit the refresh button. That will force an update. Also you can download Install Manager from your Product Library and run the installer.

Post edited by DAZ_Spooky on
    edited December 1969

OK will try the suggestions made, thanks very much :)

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

jakiblue said:

I would guess that when you walked away you missed the Windows UAC alert asking if you wanted to allow DIM to make changes - though if it now won't update when you log in to your account that would be a bug and should be reported.

If you have tried updating and it doesn't update, then the next time you log in it won't update either, that is known and intentional. It keeps people from losing access to their account due to a bad download or server issue, or other minor problem.

To force an update there are two options. Hold Control (Command on the Mac) and hit the refresh button. That will force an update. Also you can download Install Manager from your Product Library and run the installer.

Control + Refresh worked, thanks!
    (i didn't even know there was a refresh button LOL)

edited December 1969

worked for me too,got the update !