Help with creating clothes for Genesis.... steps involved?

124»

Comments

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

DaremoK3 said:
    Pendraia:

As far as I know, from 4.0 to 4.5 the saving of the DSF "Figure/Prop" became DUF "Asset - Figure/Prop" (which was Kattey's question).

I haven't saved any base rigged items as "Wearable". I use the save as asset (per tutorials; continuation of save as figure/prop), but I have used the internal definition "Wearable" category in the Figure/Prop Asset.

Not sure what you are describing, or if there is an advantage to either (if separate). Would like to know if there is an easier/simpler save as (wearable, for instance) that I should be using for certain models instead of the all encompassing save as asset.

Hi DaremoK3, I was just curious about the differences. I assume there must be something if they are both there but haven't been able to find out what they are. I was hoping you might know...oh well. I normally save clothing as a wearable but I know that some people use the method you described. I personally don't know what differences it makes...: (

thanks for the response...

• salmerckersalmercker Posts: 16
    edited December 1969

is it easier to do ALL rigging in daz or should i do some basic rigging in 3d studio? I'm a complete noob at rigging but can make some nice outfits and stuff in 3d studio.

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 1969

DS doesn't understand 3DS rigging, so any work there first would be a complete waste of time.

• DogzDogz Posts: 896
    edited August 2014

is it easier to do ALL rigging in daz or should i do some basic rigging in 3d studio? I'm a complete noob at rigging but can make some nice outfits and stuff in 3d studio.

No rigging in max, but applying materials in max and exporting to. obj with the materials box checked will allow daz studio to use those as surface groups, saves time since its much faster to do in max than in ds. (obviously better poly edit & selection tools in max)
    If you are rigging clothing for gen 5 or 6, transfer utility in ds does about 75% of the work for you.

Post edited by Dogz on
  • pcicconepciccone Posts: 661
    edited December 1969

Pardon me for the "plug" but in my book "The Complete Guide to DAZ Studio 4" I have a full chapter dedicated on making clothing for Triaxis figures in DAZ Studio. It uses Modo and Dawn but the process is exactly the same for Genesis. You can follow the chapter with modo by downloading their evaluation version or you can easily adapt the workflow to other modelers. The book is available at Amazon.

Cheers.