DAZ Studio Pro 4.6.3.52, General Release, Now Available for Download!

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

ken1171 said:
    Do you have the Octane plugin?

Yes I do, but I currently have it disabled because I only render with Octane in Poser. The plugin makes my video card *very* noisy whenever I run DS (even when Octane is not used), so I disabled it. Would the plugin still cause the DS process to keep running even when disabled?

I'm not sure, but I've heard of this problem several times with the Octane plugin. If you uninstall it, does the problem still occur?

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited August 2014

ken1171 said:
    Do you have the Octane plugin?

Yes I do, but I currently have it disabled because I only render with Octane in Poser. The plugin makes my video card *very* noisy whenever I run DS (even when Octane is not used), so I disabled it. Would the plugin still cause the DS process to keep running even when disabled?

I'm not sure, but I've heard of this problem several times with the Octane plugin. If you uninstall it, does the problem still occur?It seems to fix it Mike http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/44503/#654582

Post edited by Szark on
  • edited December 1969

I'm not sure, but I've heard of this problem several times with the Octane plugin. If you uninstall it, does the problem still occur?

I have enabled the Octane plugin, and my video card gets very noisy again when I run DS, but the program closes fine. I then disabled the Octane plugin again and close DS, and the process keeps running again. I then disabled and removed the plugin, and now DS closes Ok again.

Sounds like, at least in my case, the problem was with having the plugin disabled. The Poser plugin already had several dozens updates, and it's now supporting the new Octane 2.0, but the DS plugin is still only supporting the old version.

I will keep the Octane plugin uninstalled in DS until this issue is resolved. Thank you for the help - this was driving me crazy here. ^___^

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

Out of curiousity, has anyone noticed slower rendering speeds with this version? I only recently just installed this version, and I'm feeling as tho my renders are like turtle slow, even with the same settings I had before.

• Mage 13X13Mage 13X13 Posts: 433
    edited August 2014

jakiblue said:
    Out of curiousity, has anyone noticed slower rendering speeds with this version? I only recently just installed this version, and I'm feeling as tho my renders are like turtle slow, even with the same settings I had before.

I have only had that problem with either the new Genesis 2 figures especially with their hair, or very complex scenes! Even so I think my PC is getting used to the new stuff with the latest builds, because, well I did a closeup render of Victoria 6 for my latest render at the very high resolution of 1800 x 2400 px, and did two versions of it, and had them both done in less than thirty minutes! Yeah you might think that's a bit slow, but for my machine and the subject of the renders, it is really fast! And my settings are using the smallest bucket size, but the highest quality. I even did some translucent textures for the top I had on her, created my own light set and my own camera and edited all of them, and saved the renders in .bmp format for high quality master renders, which I then imported as a backdrop behind my signature logo and rendered out and saved in .jpg format. All of that was done in less than thirty minutes total rendering time. So I'm really happy with this latest version!
    Post edited by Mage 13X13 on
    edited December 1969

jakiblue said:

I have only had that problem with either the new Genesis 2 figures especially with their hair, or very complex scenes! Even so I think my PC is getting used to the new stuff with the latest builds, because, well I did a closeup render of Victoria 6 for my latest render at the very high resolution of 1800 x 2400 px, and did two versions of it, and had them both done in less than thirty minutes! Yeah you might think that's a bit slow, but for my machine and the subject of the renders, it is really fast! And my settings are using the smallest bucket size, but the highest quality. I even did some translucent textures for the top I had on her, created my own light set and my own camera and edited all of them, and saved the renders in .bmp format for high quality master renders, which I then imported as a backdrop behind my signature logo and rendered out and saved in .jpg format. All of that was done in less than thirty minutes total rendering time. So I'm really happy with this latest version!

I never had a slow render time problem before. Even with shaders or hair or trans. I loaded a previous scene I had done on the previous version, and it took about 3 times as long to render.

Strange. Was also talking to another friend about it, and she said the same thing - she thought it was just her tho LOL. But yeah, definitely much longer render times for me. Wish I could roll back to the previous version but I dont have the installer for it anymore. :sigh:

edited December 1969

jakiblue said:
    jakiblue said:

I never had a slow render time problem before. Even with shaders or hair or trans. I loaded a previous scene I had done on the previous version, and it took about 3 times as long to render.

Strange. Was also talking to another friend about it, and she said the same thing - she thought it was just her tho LOL. But yeah, definitely much longer render times for me. Wish I could roll back to the previous version but I dont have the installer for it anymore. :sigh:
    Well now I have heard similar complaints from other users concerning the older saved files! I think it might have something to do with the older formats. I have already converted all of the saved files I wanted to keep to the new .duf format, and so far I have not experienced that problem. I cannot say that it is actually that which is the cause, but I do have a suggestion. Try this:
    Load one of your old saved files that were saved before the .duf format was implemented.
    Don't do any rendering yet, instead save the file again overwriting the existing one, but make sure it saves as a .duf file.
    Close DAZ Studio and then restart your computer.
    Start DAZ Studio and load the newly saved file.
    Do a test render at the size you originally did it in and see if the speed is different, faster or slower.
    Let us know what your results are.

• FistyFisty Posts: 3,416
    edited December 1969

jakiblue said:
    Wish I could roll back to the previous version but I dont have the installer for it anymore. :sigh:

Quoted for truth... this version has given me nothing but trouble.

edited December 1969

jakiblue said:
    jakiblue said:

Well now I have heard similar complaints from other users concerning the older saved files! I think it might have something to do with the older formats. I have already converted all of the saved files I wanted to keep to the new .duf format, and so far I have not experienced that problem. I cannot say that it is actually that which is the cause, but I do have a suggestion. Try this:
    Load one of your old saved files that were saved before the .duf format was implemented.
    Don't do any rendering yet, instead save the file again overwriting the existing one, but make sure it saves as a .duf file.
    Close DAZ Studio and then restart your computer.
    Start DAZ Studio and load the newly saved file.
    Do a test render at the size you originally did it in and see if the speed is different, faster or slower.
    Let us know what your results are.

I'll give it a try later on tonight, but the scenes I had test rendered were all the new format, the .duf ones. In fact, the one I tried last night I had saved perhaps two weeks ago. So the rendering speed difference is relating to the age of the saved scene or the format. :D

edited December 1969

Fisty said:
    jakiblue said:
    Wish I could roll back to the previous version but I dont have the installer for it anymore. :sigh:

Quoted for truth... this version has given me nothing but trouble.

There's nowhere to get the previous installation, is there?

:sigh: This is the LAST time I d/l and install the program from the DIM. I've always d/l from my account product page, so I usually have the previous installer hanging around on my drive somewhere. This is the second time I've done it from the DIM and I won't do it again, so I can have a copy of the previous one. :sigh:

Which just made me realize something...I'm wondering if I still have the installer from two versions back??? Hmm....

edited December 1969

Ok, I found 4.6.1.20 version on my drive....does anyone remember how far back that version was??

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,718
    edited December 1969

You can archive the zips from the DIM Download folder, though I rarely remember to. I haven't had much time for rendering so I can't say anything definitive, but I didn't notice a speed issue with this version particularly.

edited December 1969

jakiblue, I downloaded the last two versions using the DIM and have had no render speed issues. In fact, if anything, my renders are faster now. Of course I have switched to the new PostgreSQL CMS, which is much better than the old Valentina CMS in my opinion. Although I don't know if that could have anything to do with the render engine, I suppose it is possible.

Your problem might have something to do with memory, as in RAM, especially if you have more than one application working on your computer at the same time. I have noticed on mine that that can happen sometimes, because while waiting for a render to finish, I often get to work on something else, which slows the render time down. It is RAM that the computer uses to facilitate the process of rendering in these applications, as it ties the graphics card to the processor to do the calculation that are needed. You speed is directly tied to the amount of available RAM on your computer. Recent builds of DAZ Studio are more robust, and have the need for more RAM from what I have gathered. If you are running other apps, or using the internet while rendering, that can and will affect the speed of the render.

• lutaedesignslutaedesigns Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

im having a very very serious problem with the latest release. i bought a new computer and I needed to download a 64 bit version of this. the 32 bit version of the DIM DOESNT RUN ON MY BRAND NEW COMPUTER. i have a toshiba satellite c55. 4gb of ram.. its 3 days old. lol.. im a ten year veteran of daz studio. I love it. but I dont love stuff that doesnt install. the DIM DOES NT WORK ON A 64 BIT MACHINE.

FIX IT.. SO I CAN GET BACK TO MY ADDICTION TO DAZ STUDIO.. PLEASE?

edited December 1969

im having a very very serious problem with the latest release. i bought a new computer and I needed to download a 64 bit version of this. the 32 bit version of the DIM DOESNT RUN ON MY BRAND NEW COMPUTER. i have a toshiba satellite c55. 4gb of ram.. its 3 days old. lol.. im a ten year veteran of daz studio. I love it. but I dont love stuff that doesnt install. the DIM DOES NT WORK ON A 64 BIT MACHINE.

DIM is only available in 32-bit, and runs fine under 64-bit OS's. I assume you're running Windows 8.1? Make sure you run the DIM installer as administrator.

edited December 1969

DIM is only available in 32-bit, and runs fine under 64-bit OS's. I assume you're running Windows 8.1? Make sure you run the DIM installer as administrator.
    fixmypcmike is correct! I have a Toshiba Satellite 64 bit laptop with 4 GB RAM and an i3 processor. The DIM works well on my machine, as well as the 64 bit version of DAZ Studio 4,6.3.52. I'm using Windows 7, as I do not like Windows 8.1. I had a chance to upgrade to the new OS, but chose not to since I have no problems with the one I am using.

edited December 1969

When attempting to installing the DIM as administrator on a Toshiba Satellite, (which is 64 bit machine) I get the following error : payload initialization error. This is probably due to a corrupt file. Try downloading it again.

I have now downloaded the DIM three times. running it as administrator didnt resolve the problem. I cannot install daz studio on a brand new machine, which I find rediculous as best. I dont need 4.6 but an older 64 bit version. I would appreciate access to an older version. that might actually work on my machine.

edited December 1969

I am running on windows 8.1. on 4 gbs of ram, 2.16 ghz processor. I have tried the DIM multiple times. running it as administrator, it gives the same message error over and over and over and over. Payload initialization failed. The file is corrupt. Try downloading it again. Something is really amiss here.

Daz studio needs to look at this, and make it work. For me right now, Daz Studio ... or this version is useless. It needs to work on a variety of platforms. Especially if the machine is brand new, and with the most current technology available on it.

edited December 1969

I am running on windows 8.1. on 4 gbs of ram, 2.16 ghz processor. I have tried the DIM multiple times. running it as administrator, it gives the same message error over and over and over and over. Payload initialization failed. The file is corrupt. Try downloading it again. Something is really amiss here.

Daz studio needs to look at this, and make it work. For me right now, Daz Studio ... or this version is useless. It needs to work on a variety of platforms. Especially if the machine is brand new, and with the most current technology available on it.

Did you clear your browser cache and/or use a different browser to download it?

Note that DIM and DAZ Studio are different things -- DAZ Studio is available in both 32-bit and 64-bit. DIM is the install manager, and is only 32-bit, but does work on 64-bit computers.

edited December 1969

update of my installation. after two days of swearing and cussing at the Dim. it did finally download right. although i cleaned the cookies out numerous times.. ran it as administrator, then clean the cache (like 5 times!!). but it downloaded properly. ran properly, and downloaded the packages. now to get the rest of Daz.. my 1 gig of plugins to work on it.. lol.. thanks guys.. I was very frustrated..

• doldol Posts: 0
    edited August 2014

NeilV 1 said:
    ik downlood de instalie software,
    dat ,als het goed is.. alles istaleerd ?
    I download the installer software, that, if it’s correct, installs everything?

dan kijk ik in mijn documenten daar staat alles door elkaar? dus niet in verschillende mappen,
    dus zo in me documenten map,,dus ook niet in de map mijn daz map,zoals beschreven staat bij het instaleren,
    dus ik heb nu tussen al mijn andere spullen in die map +- 1200 daz dingen staan?
    ok dat vertellen ze ook bij de uitleg dat de instalatie daar staat?maar alles los lijkt mij niet goed?
    Then I look in My Documents and everything there is mixed up, so not in different folders, so in My Documents so also not the folder my daz folder as was described while installing, so now I have in that map over 1200 things in between my other things? Then they also explained that the installation is there? But everything loose doesn’t look goed to me?

dan in de map program files x86,staat daz studio,maar zonder mappen,van bv figuren en pose?
    Then in the folder program files x86 is Daz Studio, but without folders, with for example figures and pose?

ok het zal wel kloppen denk je dan.
    Alright, that’s got to be right you think.

dus open ik daz studio,
    maar die kan victoria 4 en genezus aiko etz niet vinden,daar word bij vermeld in een popup dat de map niet bestaat??
    of bv dat ik eerst het moet instaleren,dat daz studio dat genezus programma nodig heeft etz,
    so I then open Daz Studio, but it can’t find victoria 4 and genezus Aiko and so forth, which gets anounced in a popup saying that the folder doesn’t exsist?

dus ik kijk bij het instaltie programma of het geinstaleerd is,,dan hoort er een V voor te staan? en er staat bij dat het geinstaleerd is?
    waarom werkt het dan niet of kan daz studio het niet vinden,
    so I look at the installation program to see if it installed, then there should be a V in front of it? So why doesn’t it work or can’t daz studio not find it,

alles bij mekaar genomen heeft i drie plekken in gebruik op mijn pc schijven,
    ps alles wat poser is, staat er wel??
    All together I have 3 places in use writing on my PC, and everything Poser is there?

maar omdat het daz/poser samenwerkend programma niet geistaleerd is in studio,,(word wel aangegeven in het daz instaltie programma,) vraag ik me af waar het dan allemaal blijft?
    But because the program to make daz/poser work together isn’ installed in studio (which does get indicated in the daz installation program) I am wondering where it then all goes?

want ik zou niet weten wat daz studio nodig heeft zodat het wel werkt,
    want nu staat in daz studio bij bv personen/poses,overal een leeg voorbeeld
    of er staat de victoria 4 en aiko wel afgebeeld,maar vanuit daz studio is die map dus niet te vinden?
    Because I wouldn’t know what daz studio needs to work, because now for example in persons/poses there is an empty example or there is a picture of Victoria or Aiko, but from daz studio that folder can’t be found?

buth after all the writing,,i still dont have a wurking daz studio??

Post edited by dol on
  • cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited December 1969

The recent release of the Succubus Addon for Lilith 6 has demonstrated an interaction problem between the geograft geometry shells and the Polygon Group Editor.

1) Load G2F
    2) Load snake tail geograft
    3) Load wings geograft
    At this time, observe that the shells created for each have proper surface visibility in the Parameters pane
    4) Switch to PGE. Switch back to another tool (e.g., surface tool). You don't have to do anything while in the PGE, just switch to it and back.
    At this time, observe that the wings shell now has the tail graft in it with surfaces active, and the tail surfaces set to the default 50% opacity of geometry shell surfaces. Likewise, the tail graft now has surfaces for the wings. These extra surfaces in the shells persist through save/reload, and need to have their visibility turned off in the parameters pane of the shells.

Shouldn't the shell only have surfaces for the actual geograft, and not all geografts attached to the fit-to figure?

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited August 2014

I have just (in the last couple of days) updated my DS 4.6 from 4.6.0.18 to this latest version after having put it off for a long time because, last time I tried an update, my pre-saved scenes "exploded" when I loaded them. Now I find I have a similar problem but it now shows up when I try to pose a character (see attached image).

I have an iMac 3,4 GHz Intel i7 with 24 GB RAM and a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX 2048 MB Graphics card. I have tried saving the scene again (several times) but that doesn't help. The weird behaviour doesn't happen all the time and it doesn't alwasy happen with the same pose (sometimes the same pose will work, sometimes not). Oddly, when this does happen, I can double click the pose (a purchased, commercial pose) a second time and it then works as expected.

Screen_Shot_2014-08-29_at_14.38_.33_.png
    689 x 829 - 231K
    Post edited by marble on
  • Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151
    edited December 1969

What settings are you saving with your pose and are you trying to save it with the clothing or how? Specifically what kind of asset are you saving?

edited December 1969

What settings are you saving with your pose and are you trying to save it with the clothing or how? Specifically what kind of asset are you saving?

I'm not sure I'm following your questions but when I save, I save the scene, not just a pose. The pose may be any one of probably a couple of hundred or so I have in my Pose library, mostly commercially created by DAZ and other vendors. I don't know what you mean by asset.

Another note of interest, it seems to improve as I work with the scene more and more. By that, I mean the exploded view as pictured above will happen more when the scene is new and less the more posing I do.

As I said, so far, I have been able to overcome the problem by applying the pose a second time. The first time I apply a pose, I get a pop-up window with hundreds of lines of text (loading this or that) scrolling down - this takes about 10 seconds. If I re-apply the pose, that either doesn't happen or happens very quickly and is gone within a second or so.

I've just confirmed that this happens with M4 as well as V4. My M4 has no third party add-ons. I rarely use Genesis figures so I can't say whether this would happen with those.

edited December 1969

marble said:
    The first time I apply a pose, I get a pop-up window with hundreds of lines of text (loading this or that) scrolling down - this takes about 10 seconds. If I re-apply the pose, that either doesn't happen or happens very quickly and is gone within a second or so.

Can you load the scene, then open the log file, delete everything, and close it, then apply the pose, and see if those messages appear in the log so you can post some of them?

edited August 2014

I'm in the UK so it's a bit late here now. I'll post the log tomorrow (but I'm wary of posting anything that contains my username on my computer - I'll figure out how to mask that if necessary).

What concerns me is that I seem to be the only one experiencing this. Perhaps it is a unique combination of the Mac version and the fact that I use pre-saved Generation 4 figures? I'll try it with a standard V4 or M4 tomorrow, too.

Post edited by marble on
    edited December 1969

I did this before going to bed ... applied a pose to M4, the scrolling text window was quite short lived but the exploded view did happen. I inserted a BREAK comment in the log file then re-applied the pose so that M4 is now posed correctly.

Here is that portion of the log (apply pose - BREAK - re-apply pose):

Importing File...
    Importing 01.pz2 ...
    Time to load file: 105.671 ms
    Imported: 01.pz2
    Loaded Morph Deltas in 0 min 0.0 sec.
    Loaded file: JSMAbdSLt_hip_JSMAbdSLt_99.dsf
    Loaded file: JSMAbdBFwSLt_hip_JSMAbdBFwSLt_50.dsf
    Loaded file: JSMAbdBFwSLt_abdomen_JSMAbdBFwSLt_649.dsf
    Loaded file: JSMAbdBFwTRt_abdomen_JSMAbdBFwTRt_480.dsf
    Loaded file: JSMAbdSLt_abdomen_JSMAbdSLt_407.dsf
    Loaded file: JSMAbdBFwTRt_chest_JSMAbdBFwTRt_5.dsf
    Loaded file: JSMNckSLt_chest_JSMNckSLt_20.dsf
    Loaded file: JSMNckSLt_neck_JSMNckSLt_46.dsf
    Loaded file: JSMrShlSBk_rCollar_JSMrShlSBk_120.dsf
    Loaded file: JSMrFtBUp_rShin_JSMrFtBUp_63.dsf
    Loaded file: JSMrFtBUpTLt_rShin_JSMrFtBUpTLt_11.dsf
    Loaded file: JSMrFtBUp_rFoot_JSMrFtBUp_139.dsf
    Loaded file: JSMrFtBUpTLt_rFoot_JSMrFtBUpTLt_56.dsf
    Loaded file: JSMlFtBUp_lShin_JSMlFtBUp_63.dsf
    Loaded file: JSMlFtBUpTRt_lShin_JSMlFtBUpTRt_11.dsf
    Loaded file: JSMlFtBUp_lFoot_JSMlFtBUp_139.dsf
    Loaded file: JSMlFtBUpTRt_lFoot_JSMlFtBUpTRt_50.dsf
    Building Scene...
    File loaded in 0 min 3.4 sec.
    Loaded file: 01.pz2

--- BREAK HERE ---

Importing File...
    Importing 01.pz2 ...
    Time to load file: 84.8578 ms
    Imported: 01.pz2
    Building Scene...
    File loaded in 0 min 1.0 sec.
    Loaded file: 01.pz2

edited December 1969

Here's another pose - this time it's V4 ...

Importing File...
    Importing VS1_Gestures_03_M.pz2 ...
    Time to load file: 115.253 ms
    Imported: VS1_Gestures_03_M.pz2
    Loaded file: jcm_lThighBendBack_hip_jcm_lThighBendBack_41.dsf
    Loaded file: jcm_rThighBendBack_hip_jcm_rThighBendBack_42.dsf
    Loaded file: jcm_rThighBendBack_rThigh_jcm_rThighBendBack_372.dsf