Hexagon missing.

I downloaded and installed DAZ Central. It installed Studio just fine but didn't install Hexagon.

Hexagon gives option to open, but opens Studio instead.

Comments

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,010
    edited March 2021

--

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • Thanks. I looked for Hexagon. It's not installed.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Hexagon via DAZ Central. The reinstall gets to 50%. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling DAZ Central. Still no Hexagon, but now I get 'install' instead of 'open'.

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,838

It's the incomplete download issue. The download fron the DAZ server fails partway through. If you download manually usually you can attempt to resume a failed download in your browser (not all browsers are smart enough for that). But that only can get you version 2.5.2.109. The latest version 2.5.2.137 is only available through the download managers. DIM shows you when a download failed and you can retry and it will resume. DAZ Central is not smart enough/is too simplified.

• Thanks. I looked for Hexagon. It's not installed.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling Hexagon via DAZ Central. The reinstall gets to 50%. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling DAZ Central. Still no Hexagon, but now I get 'install' instead of 'open'.

• jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 468

I've had Hexagon for years but don't use it much.  I tried to open Hexagon 2.5.2.109 today but its window doesn't appear on screen even though Task Manager shows it to be running.  If I use Task Manager to Maximize Hexagon, its window appears full screen, but it is not fully loaded and I cannot click on anything in the window.  I cannot even close Hegaon except by killing it in Task Manager.  Hexagon doesn't appear in my Control Panel list of programs either.  Hexagon appears as installed in DAZ Install Manager.  I used DIM to uninstall and then reinstall Heagaon, but the same thing happens.  Any thoughts?

I uninstalled Hexagon and found the Hexagon BETA - Public Build 64-bit version (2.5.2.137) and installed it with DIM.  It opens and runs.  I wonder if the 32-bit version has been disabled for some reason or is now incompatible with Windows.

jjoyner said:

I uninstalled Hexagon and found the Hexagon BETA - Public Build 64-bit version (2.5.2.137) and installed it with DIM.  It opens and runs.  I wonder if the 32-bit version has been disabled for some reason or is now incompatible with Windows.

Was probably just corrupted settings and a reset to defaults would have done it.

Ascania said:

Was probably just corrupted settings and a reset to defaults would have done it.

That's possible but I doubt it based on what I did.  I not only uninstalled Hexagon 2.5.2.109 from my computer, but I used DIM to download and install a fresh copy from my Product Library.  That failed to run as well though.  The Hexagon BETA 2.5.2.137 worked immediately after installation. 

I just launched Hexagon 2.5.2.109 on my older Windows 10 laptop and it is very degraded.  While I can get some activity form clicks, the behavior is so degraded that the program is basically unusable.  I think there may be a functionality mismatch between hexagon and Windows 10 now.

• I think there may be a functionality mismatch between hexagon and Windows 10 now.

Hi,

I have a brand new i9 Computer with the most recent version of Windows 10 on it, and beside DazStudio, I run Hexagon, Bryce, Carrara and a lot of other older stuff without any problems. However I never ever used DIM or even DazCentral at all (if there comes the day where I have to, I most probably would stop buying at Daz, same as if they ever again come up with their misslead DRM-idea). I always only use the manual download option and install everything manually and I never had any problems with that, while I retain the most possible control over my installations.

Maybe  you try the manual download option and see if it works. 

Manual download only delivers 2.5.2.109. To get the current version you need DIM.