Tank Thong for Genesis 8 Female

So far I could not find any tank thongs for females which deserve that name, only similarly looking pieces of clothes, but definitively not any tank thongs.

A tank thong looks like in the image below. At the butt it has a cutout like the RealFit Hipster Bikini: https://gcdn.daz3d.com/p/37837/i/01-realfit-hipster-bikini-daz3d.jpg

and the upper part has a cutout like a typical tank top, but it is one piece of underwear.

Is there really nothing like that on the clothing market? Or did I overlook something?

Comments

• glossedsfmglossedsfm Posts: 329
    edited February 2021

I dont know if you were looking for that exact pattern on the upper back.  But some of the products that i know of that have the "flossing" effect for swimsuits and leotards are:

1) One Piece Thong by Rainbowlight on renderosity (g8f and g3f versions available)

2) Ribbed Superhero Bodysuit https://www.daz3d.com/ribbed-superhero-bodysuit-for-genesis-3-female-s

3) Salty Swimwear by Lilflame on renderosity (has a huge cutout in front and back but has the flossy flossy).

Post edited by glossedsfm on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878

Awww, so not a thong that can fire ordinance.

• StarkdogStarkdog Posts: 160

Hello Macislav,

Would this work, or would you want a wider thong strap for the back?  Also, does this style of tank top work, or would you want the racer-back style as shown in your picture above?

Base mesh in Hexagon is a hair over 4k polys at 2x SubD.  I still need to add edge-band and thickness, unless you want this to be dForce capable.  I did model this to fit over the G8F Anatomical Elements, so there would be no pokethrough if you used a figure with the elements.  Let me know what you think.

-David

TankThong1Front.jpg
    860 x 724 - 39K
    TankThong1Side.jpg
    312 x 697 - 17K
    TankThong1Back.jpg
    903 x 702 - 34K
  • MacislavMacislav Posts: 126
    edited February 2021

I'm preferring a racer style back cutout (see my new image) and the butt cutout in your example images is slightly off. It should be more round. The area between the buttcheeks seems ok.

Or technically explained : The full buttcheeks need to be exposed in a harmonic and round way.

Anatomical elements are very important, but I don't think that dforce matters here as it's tightly fitting anyway.

The best would be if you could do two versions: Both with racer style back cutout, but different buttcheek cutout: No. 1 with exactly the same butt (and frontal) cutout as the Hipster Bikini Thong (as it has a perfectly made, harmonic and round cutout) and the other one (No. 2) like in my example images. (not much different from No. 1, only difference is the cutout height on the sides and from the front?)

tank_thong_2.png
    607 x 580 - 132K
    Post edited by Macislav on

Hello Macislav,

Below is the base shape of the new back of the swimsuit.  I haven't "flossed" the thong through the crack yet, but hopefully this is more on par with the shape you are looking for.  From the photos, the women are at a 3/4 side/back pose wit ha hip pivot, so I'm approximating the shapes the best I can.  Also note that the women in the pictures have a fairly short torso, which will also affect how the suit stretches over them.  G8F has a longer torso, so it is a bit difficult getting the exact shape.  Please let me know what you think.

-David 

RacerTankThong1Back.jpg
    1038 x 811 - 44K

That looks good. Another important point is that it should behave in a robust way with different extreme gym poses like split legs etc.

Hello Macislav,

Here's my latest updates.  This is the base mesh at SubD2 in Hexagon.  I do plan to take to level 1 SubD, tweak, and then take to level 2 SubD for smoothness.  I do plan to UV map this in Blender, as Hexagon UV is wonky.  Would you just want this as a "flat mesh?"  Or would you want slight extrusions for edge-banding and a touch of clothing depth?  If so, I'll also try that in Blender too.

Thanks, -David

RacerbackThong1Front.jpg
    917 x 731 - 42K
    RacerbackThong1Side.jpg
    336 x 728 - 19K
    RacerbackThong1Back.jpg
    917 x 764 - 38K
    edited February 2021

I've "examined" it and it looks very good, maybe except for the butt crack area. That part should be more like in the example image from your first post. As for the clothing depths: It depends on the materials being used. But generally speaking, slight extrusions at the edges would be nice.

Hello Macislav,

I'm almost there!  Work and weather have had me busy.  Anyhow, I did narrow the thong strap a bit like you asked.  I also added in some thickness for the "elastic" of the neckband, armband, and hipband.  I also added some seams details too.  After futzing with Hexagon's terrible UV arrangement and it's subsequent mangling of the swimsuit, I was able to completely re-UV it in Blender in less than 5 minutes!  Hooray for Blender.  Anyhow, i brought it back into D|S for a couple of renders, shown below.  Tomorrow, I plan to use the DAZ tool to rig it and create a clothing object.  I'll then test it out a bit and package it up.  Please let me know what you think. -David

RacerbackThongFront1.jpg
    752 x 593 - 35K
    RacerbackThongSide1.jpg
    344 x 763 - 28K
    RacerbackThongBack1.jpg
    800 x 651 - 37K
    RacerbackThongFrontAngle.jpg
    827 x 843 - 52K
    RacerbackThongDetails.jpg
    602 x 851 - 44K

Ok, well I couldn't wait.  I used the transfer tool, and saved as a clothing item.  Here are a few screenshots in various athletic poses.  Although I haven't seen any breakthrough with somewhat extreme poses, I won't post those extreme shots, as they seem more sexual rather than athletic/artsy.  Please let me know what you think. -David

RacerbackThong_YogaPose.jpg
    1075 x 835 - 224K
    RacerbackThong_Kettlebell.jpg
    1062 x 864 - 242K
    RacerbackThong_Gymnastics1.jpg
    1096 x 868 - 228K
    RacerbackThong_Gymnastics2.jpg
    938 x 864 - 181K
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,300

You could check out the One Piece Thong swimsuit over at Renderosity.  There's one for G3F and one for G8F.

edited February 2021

It's almost perfect, but the cutout between armpit/breast needs to be rounder. I'm looking forward to using the final product with my characters in different scenes/environments. :-)

image_1_1.jpg
    827 x 843 - 55K
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518

Starkdog said:

Ok, well I couldn't wait.  I used the transfer tool, and saved as a clothing item.  Here are a few screenshots in various athletic poses.  Although I haven't seen any breakthrough with somewhat extreme poses, I won't post those extreme shots, as they seem more sexual rather than athletic/artsy.  Please let me know what you think. -David

Looking good! yes

edited February 2021

Getting much closer!  I spent some time watching Esha's fantastic texturing tutorials, and I now have 30, yes 30 handmade iRay "Lycra/Spandex" material settings.  I have 30 iRay color MATs for the whole suit, and another 30MATs to apply the colors to the trim for the "ringer/collegiate-style" color contrast.  Below, G8F (Babina 8 materials) is wearing the suit in red.  Victoria 8.1, feeling really cheeky, is wearing the light blue with white trim suit.  I'm still working on a couple morphs- thigh side-side at 85 degrees, as well as additional unber-breast smoothing for extreme abdomen/chest bending.

G8FCheeky2.jpg
    1000 x 800 - 548K
    G8FCheeky1.jpg
    1000 x 800 - 568K
    Post edited by Starkdog on

Hello Macislav,

The suit is complete and now live at Renderosity FreeStuff!  Below is my post in the DAZ Freebies forum:  

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/475481/g8f-tankthong-suit

And here is the Freebie:

https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/freestuff/g8f-tankthong-suit/87880

Thank you for this challenge!  -David